PC Alert! Middle School Honors Night too "exclusive"

That article and this thread are so full of bigotry that I had to create an account here to tell you all how wrong you are.

Really? The whole purpose of these award ceremonies is for the academically underprivileged to "learn coping skills"? At least he's being honest--this isn't about honoring anyone's achievement, it's about insulting those who weren't as lucky, or as rich, or generally as privileged as the overachieving class. He's basically saying that he wants all the underprivileged students in that school to have their classmates be paraded around in front of them with all manner of awards and recognitions, while telling those underprivileged students, "You don't get any, deal with it." This bigot digs his own grave even further, first implying that their lack of awards constitutes "relative failure," then immediately backpedaling and saying "it might not be failure" after all. No duh it's not failure--it's privilege. Lack of privilege is not failure. The possession of privilege is, as it represents the failure of society to bring about true equality.

I can't see how anyone could support this obviously discriminatory awards nonsense. Either everyone gets an award or no one does--that is equality in action. If you don't like equality, you don't like America, end of story.

I am so glad you decided to join us.. Because that's a perfect illustration of the TYRANNY of LOW EXPECTATIONS with which leftists approach our underacheivers. CONSTANTLY remind them of their victimhood and make it comfortable for them to reject academic performance and excellence at every opportunity.. WHY are those asses even in seats? They should be enrolled in a special school for the perpertually hopeless and trained to be whiners and beggars..

EVERY grade and EVERY year -- these kids need to reach their potential. And leftists don't care to elevate their performance when the opportunity arises. HIGHER EXPECTATIONS is the tool that has repeatedly demonstrated to work. In Harlem, In Oakland, and most everywhere else it's been "allowed" to happen..

What a sad message it is -- if the asses in those seats aren't there to be badgered about academic acheivement..

And you....being the genius that you are...think this poster is a leftist. The possibility that he/she is doing a parody didn't cross your mind?

Someone needs to raise their own expectations.

That didnt occur to me because ALL semi articulate leftists sound like a parody of reality..

but hot damn ---- if u r right, I think we found a replacement for Colbert !!!! :D

Harrison Bergeron is turning into a documentary.

Note, however, that the sports kids still get to have trophy ceremonies.

Brawn, not brains, is still celebrated.

You seem to have undermined your own Harrison Bergeron reference.

Forum List

Back