PEACE!: Smiles From Kim -- 'No More War'...

I am very hopeful this is true. All I am saying you are dealing with a 3 generation regime with zero history of being credible. Dismantling the DMZ, Allowing families to be re-united, releasing all political prisoners. When that HAPPENS I will be popping the champagne along with you.

This is stunning, but I want to see something more definitive from Kim Jung Un like releasing all political prisoners immediately for example. Donald Trump deserves great praise for forcing Kim's hand. I have read about the problems with NKs nuclear program, but it was Trump's pressure that accelerated their program that lead to it's collapse, was it not?
IMO, it will take an inspection of the facilities they've been using to make their rockets and test nuclear power.

Well, that's moving the goal posts now. The most important thing is that the war is now over. South Korea has decided on peace with the North. That's good enough for me. We can leave now.
I thought you asked what would get them out. I gave you what it will be. like it or not, it is what it will take. Imagine we leave and then that SOB bombs the living shit out of south Korea? you know play the hand to remove the beast and then attack immediately after. What a waste of those who stayed there from the US? don't you think?

I am very hopeful this is true. All I am saying you are dealing with a 3 generation regime with zero history of being credible. Dismantling the DMZ, Allowing families to be re-united, releasing all political prisoners. When that HAPPENS I will be popping the champagne along with you.

Well, you're moving the goal posts quite a bit there. First things first. Let's just enjoy this monumental day of peace. :)

Great news. North & South Korea have agreed to end the war. My question now would be, is it time for us to finally end our 70yr occupation in South Korea? Is it time to come home? Personally, i fully support leaving South Korea. But what do you think?

With hug and handshakes, North Korea's smiling Kim lightens summit mood

By Heekyong Yang and Ju-min Park
ReutersApril 27, 2018
2018-04-27T124657Z_12_LYNXMPEE3Q079_RTROPTP_2_NORTHKOREA-SOUTHKOREA-SUMMIT.JPG.cf.jpg

SEOUL (Reuters) - The golden doors on the stately North Korean building swung open and leader Kim Jong Un, in a black Mao suit and surrounded by a gaggle of officials, descended steps towards the border.

Not since the 1950-53 Korean War had a North Korean leader set foot on South Korean soil.

With a smile, Kim stretched out his hand toward a waiting, and smiling, South Korean President Moon Jae-in, who stood between the squat, blue buildings that straddle the border at Panmunjom.

The village is one of the few places where there are no barbed wire fences or minefields between the two countries, separated by a conflict that ended with a truce, not a treaty, in 1953, meaning they are still technically at war...

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®
Well, we could withdraw to Japan, where we already have military bases. If South Korea is sure North Korea won't nuke them or conventional bomb them, they would not need us right there. We are an ally of many countries without maintaining a big military presence, aren't we? I could see it working IF it is actually up to the Koreas. I kind of doubt it. I think in the end it is going to be what the US and China want that will matter.

The war is now over. We can come home. We don't really have any excuses anymore.
You and I may agree on that, but unfortunately we are not running the world.

I hear ya. But now the war has been officially ended. There is no more 'truce.' So our Government will have to dig pretty hard to come up with reasons to stay. We're only there because of the war.
again, as I stated, the US will decide that.

This is stunning, but I want to see something more definitive from Kim Jung Un like releasing all political prisoners immediately for example. Donald Trump deserves great praise for forcing Kim's hand. I have read about the problems with NKs nuclear program, but it was Trump's pressure that accelerated their program that lead to it's collapse, was it not?
IMO, it will take an inspection of the facilities they've been using to make their rockets and test nuclear power.

Well, that's moving the goal posts now. The most important thing is that the war is now over. South Korea has decided on peace with the North. That's good enough for me. We can leave now.
I thought you asked what would get them out. I gave you what it will be. like it or not, it is what it will take. Imagine we leave and then that SOB bombs the living shit out of south Korea? you know play the hand to remove the beast and then attack immediately after. What a waste of those who stayed there from the US? don't you think?

They've just agreed on peace. We have no reason to continue occupying South Korea. Let Koreans sort out Korean problems. The US/West needs to stop meddling so much around the world. It's gotten out of control. North & South have chosen to end the war. That's good enough for me.

Great news. North & South Korea have agreed to end the war. My question now would be, is it time for us to finally end our 70yr occupation in South Korea? Is it time to come home? Personally, i fully support leaving South Korea. But what do you think?

ReutersApril 27, 2018
2018-04-27T124657Z_12_LYNXMPEE3Q079_RTROPTP_2_NORTHKOREA-SOUTHKOREA-SUMMIT.JPG.cf.jpg

SEOUL (Reuters) - The golden doors on the stately North Korean building swung open and leader Kim Jong Un, in a black Mao suit and surrounded by a gaggle of officials, descended steps towards the border.

Not since the 1950-53 Korean War had a North Korean leader set foot on South Korean soil.

With a smile, Kim stretched out his hand toward a waiting, and smiling, South Korean President Moon Jae-in, who stood between the squat, blue buildings that straddle the border at Panmunjom.

The village is one of the few places where there are no barbed wire fences or minefields between the two countries, separated by a conflict that ended with a truce, not a treaty, in 1953, meaning they are still technically at war...

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®
Well, we could withdraw to Japan, where we already have military bases. If South Korea is sure North Korea won't nuke them or conventional bomb them, they would not need us right there. We are an ally of many countries without maintaining a big military presence, aren't we? I could see it working IF it is actually up to the Koreas. I kind of doubt it. I think in the end it is going to be what the US and China want that will matter.

The war is now over. We can come home. We don't really have any excuses anymore.

I hear ya. But now the war has been officially ended. There is no more 'truce.' So our Government will have to dig pretty hard to come up with reasons to stay. We're only there because of the war.

And therein lies the big problem. The US has no right to decide such things. Koreans have decided on peace. We should acknowledge and respect that decision. A good start would be significantly withdrawing US troops from South Korea. 70yrs is enough. Time to come home.

We do not have an occupation of Korea, we have troops there at the request of the South Korean government. We will not pull our troops from there till the day China is not a threat to us or SK

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

We do not have an occupation of Korea, we have troops there at the request of the South Korean government. We will not pull our troops from there till the day China is not a threat to us or SK

We're there because of the Korean War. And that war is now officially over. Time to come home.

Well, you're moving the goal posts quite a bit there. First things first. Let's just enjoy this monumental day of peace. :)
talk of moving out US troops is for later. It's been over 60 years, waiting a little longer won't hurt.

I'm kinda surprised so few are celebrating this. Maybe they're just having a hard time processing it. They may be in shock. The Korean War is over folks! :)

And therein lies the big problem. The US has no right to decide such things. Koreans have decided on peace. We should acknowledge and respect that decision. A good start would be significantly withdrawing US troops from South Korea. 70yrs is enough. Time to come home.
it isn't that simple. SK brought us in, we've expended quite a financial toll along with our military families. SK can tell us to get out, I doubt we leave with that request. again over 60 years we've been there and sacrificed our people, I'd say it's up to us. I agree with Gator for once on something, China is still a threat in the region and having our troops where they are is protection for the region from China.

it isn't that simple. SK brought us in, we've expended quite a financial toll along with our military families. SK can tell us to get out, I doubt we leave with that request. again over 60 years we've been there and sacrificed our people, I'd say it's up to us. I agree with Gator for once on something, China is still a threat in the region and having our troops where they are is protection for the region from China.

It should be solely up to Koreans. Period, end of story.

Great day for peace. North & South have agreed to end the 65yr Korean War. My question now would be, is it time for us to finally end our occupation in South Korea? Is it time to come home? Personally, i fully support leaving South Korea. But what do you think?

ReutersApril 27, 2018

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

You do realize that the U.S. military is not going to be happy about having their toy taken away from them...

We're there because of the Korean War. And that war is now officially over. Time to come home.

If you want to bring home troops, start with all of them in Europe. Put them on the border, then we do not need to waste money on a wall

And SK does not want us to leave,

If you want to bring home troops, start with all of them in Europe. Put them on the border, then we do not need to waste money on a wall
a wall of military works for me.

why would it be? We did them and the world a favor. It's ours to decide. Wow twice now I'm gonna agree with gator, SK won't ask us to leave.

They shook hands. And smiled. Woohoo! That doesn’t mean the war is over. It will take a lot more than that to convince me.

They shook hands. And smiled. Woohoo! That doesn’t mean the war is over. It will take a lot more than that to convince me.
why would we car about your thought on this. you think the rich store their money in a bank. too funny.

Great day for peace. North & South have agreed to end the 65yr Korean War. My question now would be, is it time for us to finally end our occupation in South Korea? Is it time to come home? Personally, i fully support leaving South Korea. But what do you think?

ReutersApril 27, 2018

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

You do realize that the U.S. military is not going to be happy about having their toy taken away from them...

Yea because members of the military love war, right?

Forum List

Back