Pelosi denied 10000 soldiers at capitol jan. 6

I don't know what was on their minds. But I do know Irving, Pelosi and the Capitol Police Board took too long and the Dept of Defense was way worse in their suspicious hemming and hawing about optics.

I admit I wondered what kind of optics the Dept of Defense was wanting by waiting 4.5 hours to bring in the NG.
Maybe you weren’t aware that the call for NG troops went through Mike Flynn’s brother who stonewalled it for hours

Maybe you weren’t aware that the call for NG troops went through Mike Flynn’s brother who stonewalled it for hours
Why don't you link that then? It looks to me that it went through a number of people and then the Dept of Defense or the Pentagon lied about a few things. Flynn was deputy chief of staff of the army, certainly not the guy at the top of the food chain here.

From Sund's testimony:

At approximately 2:28 p.m., I learned that in order to get authorization for National Guard support, the Pentagon needed to approve the request. I was therefore asked to participate in a conference call with Dr. Chris Rodriguez, D.C. Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency; Chief Robert Contee, Metropolitan Police; General William Walker, D.C. National Guard; and Lt. General Walter Piatt, the Director of Army Staff. During the call I again made an urgent request for immediate National Guard support. I explained that the National Guard was needed to shore up our perimeter to help secure the Capitol. Lt. General Walter Piatt stated, "I don't like the visual of the National Guard standing a line with the Capitol in the background. I would much rather relieve USCP officers from other posts so they can handle the protestors." I urgently advised that this was not an option and that I did not have officers to swap with National Guard and that I needed assistance immediately. Lt. General Piatt stated that he was preparing to brief the Secretary of the Army and that his recommendation would be not to support the request. Chief Contee then stated, "So you are denying the request from the Capitol Police." Chief Contee then asked me, "Steve, are you requesting National Guard assistance?" to which I stated,
"Yes, I need immediate assistance with National Guard at the Capitol, I do not have the option to swap out officers on check points." Lt. General Piatt then indicated that he was going to run the request up the chain of command at the Pentagon.

Because you said so? LOL

Chief Sund from the Capitol Police was not calling Trump to get the NG out on Jan6 when the mess started, he was calling the sergeant at arms, Paul Irving who told him that he had to speak to his boss, Nancy Pelosi, and then later the Dept of Defense. Both Mr. Irving and the Dept of Defense were dragging their feet according to Chief Sund.

Not once did he call Trump and better yet, nobody has suggested that he should have.

Why do you think that is?
Because trump had passed his duty on to a deputy.

Only trump or his appointed representative in D.C. can call up, the National guard. Not Pelosi, not Sund, not McConnell, not the Sgt of arms in the house or Sgt of Arms in the senate.

Already did.
LOL, except you didn't. Why lie? My guess is because you're a liar who's dumb, too.

Show me where the Constitution and enacted law makes only the POTUS and the Secty of Defense in charge of calling in the NG to the Capitol.

LOL, except you didn't. Why lie? My guess is because you're a liar who's dumb, too.

Show me where the Constitution and enacted law makes only the POTUS and the Secty of Defense in charge of calling in the NG to the Capitol.
Article two.

Got a link to that? Trump didn't do that, it preceded him by many years. From the DCNG's own site:

Supervision and control of DCNG was delegated by the President of the United States to the Secretary of Defense pursuant to Executive Order 10030 in
Jan. 26, 1949, with authority given to the Secretary to designate officials of the National Military Establishment to administer affairs of the DCNG.

The DCNG is the only U.S. military force empowered to function in a state or, in this case, a district status. Those functions range from limited actions during non-emergency situations to full- scale law enforcement of martial law when local law enforcement officials can no longer maintain civil control. The National Guard may be called into federal service in response to a call by the President or Congress.

For whatever reasons, neither the POTUS or Congressional leadership chose to use their power and waited for the Secty of Defense and the Secty of the Army to give the OK, which was 4.5 hours after the violence had started.

The head of the DC NG, General Walker, almost chose to go in without permission and told some "go in now, resign tomorrow".

Got a link to that? Trump didn't do that, it preceded him by many years. From the DCNG's own site:

Supervision and control of DCNG was delegated by the President of the United States to the Secretary of Defense pursuant to Executive Order 10030 in
Jan. 26, 1949, with authority given to the Secretary to designate officials of the National Military Establishment to administer affairs of the DCNG.

The DCNG is the only U.S. military force empowered to function in a state or, in this case, a district status. Those functions range from limited actions during non-emergency situations to full- scale law enforcement of martial law when local law enforcement officials can no longer maintain civil control. The National Guard may be called into federal service in response to a call by the President or Congress.

For whatever reasons, neither the POTUS or Congressional leadership chose to use their power and waited for the Secty of Defense and the Secty of the Army to give the OK, which was 4.5 hours after the violence had started.

The head of the DC NG, General Walker, almost chose to go in without permission and told some "go in now, resign tomorrow".

The president of the United States
The president of the United States has the authority to call the D.C. National Guard123. This authority has been delegated to the Secretary of Defense and further to the Secretary of the Army2. The Commanding General of the D.C. National Guard is subordinate to the president23. The mayor of D.C. or any other local official does not have the authority to call up the Guard4.

Last edited:
Can you answer a question for me? Leftists don't seem to know how to read. Do you know why?

Now go back to my post that you are responding to and see that all you're doing is repeating what I said though you left off that Congress also has that power according to the DCNG.

The National Guard may be called into federal service in response to a call by the President or Congress.

🤔

Can you answer a question for me? Leftists don't seem to know how to read. Do you know why?

Now go back to my post that you are responding to and see that all you're doing is repeating what I said though you left off that Congress also has that power according to the DCNG.

The National Guard may be called into federal service in response to a call by the President or Congress.

🤔
That very same article says the DC Guard is responsible ONLY to the President

That very same article says the DC Guard is responsible ONLY to the President
Really? Then post it. What is it with you guys not being able to do that????

And I notice lying is not beneath some of you.

I don't know what was on their minds. But I do know Irving, Pelosi and the Capitol Police Board took too long and the Dept of Defense was way worse in their suspicious hemming and hawing about optics.

I admit I wondered what kind of optics the Dept of Defense was wanting by waiting 4.5 hours to bring in the NG.
they didnt like trump so they did not want to work with him on getting security.

Only trump or his appointed representative in D.C. can call up, the National guard. Not Pelosi, not Sund, not McConnell, not the Sgt of arms in the house or Sgt of Arms in the senate.
yawn this liberal bs again

It’s beyond established fact and is now History that this bunch wanted and orchestrated this protest into a riot
and whats even more incredible is the Demonrat posters as evidenced by their smileys,find this funny pelosi did this.how sick can you get?

all dems are liars
thats why thousands of Americans around the country that were long time supporters of the dems for over 40 years have followed the lead of patriot tulsi gabberd and dumped the dem party and thanks to trump,are republican now.FACT

thats why thousands of Americans around the country that were long time supporters of the dems for over 40 years have followed the lead of patriot tulsi gabberd and dumped the dem party and thanks to trump,are republican now.FACT
trump has done nothing but help folks. dens dont do shit for anyone but themselves/

Forum List

Back