Pelosi Drafts New House Rules Outlawing Gendered Terms Like Mother & Father

Efficient English is offensive to righties? This bill includes all brothers and sisters... this bill includes all siblings. Definitely thread worthy and outrage. 28 letters vs 37. Let’s get mad. Cancel culture bitching from the right.. again.
So you believe cancel culture is a myth? Like Antifa is a myth?

Exactly how fruity do the Democrats want America to go?

Aunts and uncles would be changed to "parent's sibling"

I think that's from The Onion or Babylon Bee
177caa130bc6e54b7c70614a2e6d4b51.jpg

Efficient English is offensive to righties? This bill includes all brothers and sisters... this bill includes all siblings. Definitely thread worthy and outrage. 28 letters vs 37. Let’s get mad. Cancel culture bitching from the right.. again.
Ya bloody fukkin ryte it is mate

It's true.

I looked it up.

Eqq1e9jXUAIP8TC

Orwell and Newspeak
That Orwell was interested in linguistic questions and questions pertaining to the function and change of language is a fact that can already be seen in his essay "Politics and the English Language" (1946)[5] as well as in the Appendix to Nineteen Eighty-Four. As in "Politics and the English Language", the perceived decline and decadence of the English Language is a central theme in Nineteen Eighty-Four and Newspeak.[6]:171 In the essay Orwell criticises standard English, with its perceived dying metaphors, pretentious diction, and high-flown rhetoric, which he would later satirise in the meaningless words of doublespeak, the product of unclear reasoning. The conclusion thematically reiterates linguistic decline: "I said earlier that the decadence of our language is probably curable. Those who deny this may argue that language merely reflects existing social conditions, and that we cannot influence its development, by any direct tinkering with words or constructions."[5]

Orwell's main objection against this decline of the English language is not so much based on aesthetic grounds, but rather that for him the linguistic decline goes hand-in-hand with a decline of thought, the real possibility of manipulation of speakers as well as listeners and eventually political chaos.[6] The recurring theme in Nineteen Eighty-Four of a connection between authoritarian regimes and (authoritarian) language is already found in "Politics and the English Language":

When the general atmosphere is bad, language must suffer. I should expect to find - this is a guess which I have not sufficient knowledge to verify - that the German, Russian and Italian languages have all deteriorated in the last ten or fifteen years, as a result of dictatorship. But if thought corrupts language, language can also corrupt thought.[5]

Newspeak is a constructed language, of planned phonology, grammar, and vocabulary, like Basic English, which Orwell showed interest in while working at the BBC during the Second World War (1939–1945), but soon came to see the disadvantages of. Newspeak has considerable similarities to the system of Basic English proposed by Charles Kay Ogden in 1930. Basic ('British American Scientific International Commercial') English was a controlled language and designed to be an easy-to-learn English with only 850 core words. Like Newspeak, the Basic vocabulary is classified into three categories, two of them with two subcategories. The classification systems do however not coincide.[7]

. . . as if congress doesn't have bigger things to worry about. . .

distracting that whole nation with stupid shit while they fleece the nation.

,o1h.jpg

Not all Democrats. This one fucking ridiculous. What the fuck are they smoking. This is one Democrat says what the hell are they smoking.

Will what's left of the democrat Party still push this agenda when their leadership is in Gitmo for conspiring with the CCP to steal this election?

Just Progressives being regressive,
It is what they do.
It is of course asininely stupid, awkward and difficult.
So then, apparently the government must ban writing in Spanish. Since the Spanish language contains many more gender based words than our language.

So why is the House changing its rules to make a very small minority happy? "most inclusive in history" for transgender and nonbinary people. " And what the fuck are nonbinary people anyway

I am not seeing what is wrong with updating laws to make them more inclusive.
You think laws are currently non-inclusive? What does that even mean?
Read the legislation. Kind of a no brainer.
I think we have it figured out....

Since we can't legally accuse Sniff and Snort (Sleazy Joe and Hunter) of molesting their nieces and daughters now, does that mean it's legal for your China puppets to go fuck themselves?????

Well. We cleaned up in 2018... held the house and won the presidency in2020 and have a 50/50 chance of winning the senate in 2021. Seems like the democratic agenda is winning hearts and minds while the republicans agenda is... what am I thinking, there is no Republican agenda.

Does that mean that we have to stop saying Sniff and Snort (the Bidens) are having sexual relations with their daughters and nieces??????

So why is the House changing its rules to make a very small minority happy? "most inclusive in history" for transgender and nonbinary people. " And what the fuck are nonbinary people anyway
Good news is tha it will not pass. I already hate spell check on my phone many times it puts things in I do not want. Imagine it changing gender words. Much like John Wayne I mean what I say and I say what I mean. I could not even pick up my phone if that shit hit spell check.

Well. We cleaned up in 2018... held the house and won the presidency in2020 and have a 50/50 chance of winning the senate in 2021. Seems like the democratic agenda is winning hearts and minds while the republicans agenda is... what am I thinking, there is no Republican agenda.

The Democratic agenda is nothing more than promoting “free” stuff at someone else’s expense. Yes, those with childlike minds are very intrigued. Ergo, the least successful and the youngest are staunch Democrats. Go figure.

This is more about rightwing racism and white grievance politics than Pelosi.
You made THAT about racism, Clayton? Really? God...that's pathetic! LOL

I am not seeing what is wrong with updating laws to make them more inclusive.

Who is not included now?
If something says “men”, then women are excluded. Jesus, didn’t anyone read the proposed legislation before commenting?
If something says "Black lives matter" then by the same logic, White lives don't. Democrats play word games because they need to divert attention away from their inability to think.

I'm not a democrat. As a liberal, I guess, I do "own" it....much in the same way right wing loons own the school shootings since your political leanings overlap in the same way mine and Nancy's do.

If you're a liberal but not a Democrat, how do you vote?

Forum List

Back