Pelosi Stuffs Coronavirus Bill Full Of Unrelated Goodies For Democrats

That's it......this puts the lie to this whole thing.....Democrats are packing a coronavirus stimulus bill full of crap that has nothing to do with combating the virus.

Trump: Pelosi's Coronavirus Bill Stuffed with Unrelated 'Goodies' for Dems
She is common old school Democratic machine politician who likes to pilfer taxpayers dollars. Typical Democrat. Democratic Parys sees tax dollars as their own personal fucking bank account. Crooked liberal sonsabitches.

What did she ask for that you object to?

Text of H.R. 6201: Families First Coronavirus Response Act (Introduced version) - GovTrack.us

Paid sick time

(a)
Earning of paid sick time

(1)
In general

(A)
Earning

Subject to subsection (c) and paragraph (2), an employer shall provide each employee employed by the employer not less than 1 hour of earned paid sick time for every 30 hours worked, to be used as described in subsection (b).

(B)
Limit

An employer shall not be required to permit an employee to earn, under this subsection, more than 56 hours of paid sick time in a year, unless the employer chooses to set a higher limit.

(2)
Exempt employees

(A)
In general

Except as provided in paragraph (3), for purposes of this subsection, an employee who is exempt from overtime requirements under section 13(a)(1) of the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 (29 U.S.C. 213(a)(1)) shall be assumed to work 40 hours in each workweek.

(B)
Shorter normal workweek

If the normal workweek of such an employee is less than 40 hours, the employee shall earn paid sick time under this subsection based upon that normal workweek.

(3)
Dates for beginning to earn paid sick time and use

(A)
In general

Employees shall begin to earn paid sick time under this subsection at the commencement of their employment. An employee shall be entitled to use the earned paid sick time beginning on the 60th calendar day following commencement of the employee's employment. After that 60th calendar day, the employee may use the paid sick time as the time is earned. An employer may, at the discretion of the employer, loan paid sick time to an employee for use by such employee in advance of the employee earning such sick time as provided in this subsection and may permit use before the 60th day of employment.

(B)
Public health emergency

Subparagraph (A) shall not apply with respect to additional paid sick time provided under subsection (c). In the event of a public health emergency, an employee may immediately use the additional or accrued paid sick time described in subsection (c), regardless of how long the employee has been employed by an employer.

Looks like they have went beyond just the virus........and are trying to change it to a Requirement for all businesses to have paid sick leave..........Earning 1 hour for every 30 hours worked.......That is not temp relief......Seems like a shot at changing existing employer laws...

Where da legal eagles to look at that............

A dozen people a year die just from falling into the Grand Canyon. 3,000 a year die from texting. And you are splitting a lung because 38 died from a flu bug?
And 37 died from this virus
So far 41 Americans have died and this is just getting going. In a couple of weeks we will probably look like what Italy is like now, sadly.

If Trump can 'flatten the growth curve' as some describe it, it might delay about half the case growth so that we dont get such 'peak spread' as Italy has been having.

upload_2020-3-12_20-51-33.png

upload_2020-3-12_21-5-38.png

Last edited:
What are the “Goodies” Pelosi is looking for vs what Trump wants ??

Chuck Schumer's part of the bill sends $750 million a month to his district in NY, for the Ka-ching virus. So how little of that Porkulus II will actually go where it's supposed to go?

If you're that much of a trusting individual, I have some swamp land I'll sell you, or maybe a bridge.

You don't know any of that.
I know what exponential growth rates are.
I know that it is reported that COVID19 has a rate of doubling of 4 days. For the USA it went from 1.2 cases per million a few days ago to more than 5 cases per million.
I know it can stay in the air for more than three hours, while Measels can only do 30 minutes.
I know it is persistent on dry surfaces for 9 days.
I know that the mortality rates of RESOLVED CASES is 6% world wide, for the USA it is currently around 60%.
I know that experts are saying that this disease is a very frightening combination of distance to contract, and high mortality relative to most pandemics, of about 6% of resolved cases.
I also know that you are doing Trump a disservice by trying to play down the threat of this disease, and when it does cause large numbers of deaths, you bullshit will only make his efforts look incompetent because you are raising the bar of expectations to unrealistic levels.
I know the Dems are playing you guys, including Rush Limbaugh, like fiddles.

Truth is more useful than spin, dude.

I know that it is reported that COVID19 has a rate of doubling of 4 days. For the USA it went from 1.2 cases per million a few days ago to more than 5 cases per million.
I know it can stay in the air for more than three hours, while Measels can only do 30 minutes.
I know that the mortality rates of RESOLVED CASES is 6% world wide, for the USA it is currently around 60%.
I know that experts are saying that this disease is a very frightening combination of distance to contract, and high mortality relative to most pandemics, of about 6% of resolved cases.
I also know that you are doing Trump a disservice by trying to play down the threat of this disease, and when it does cause large numbers of deaths, you bullshit will only make his efforts look incompetent because you are raising the bar of expectations to unrealistic levels.

Just a fancy way of saying you're guessing about the future.

And Pleeeeaaaze. Don't try to tell me how "you know" others are "playing me." I haven't seen or heard Rush in about 15 years, except his appearing at the SOTU address. The rest is just the usual stereotyping in your own mind.

And Pleeeeaaaze. Don't try to tell me how "you know" others are "playing me." I haven't seen or heard Rush in about 15 years, except his appearing at the SOTU address. The rest is just the usual stereotyping in your own mind.
Lol, dude, we do KNOW how many people have died and what rates the disease is spreading at, and many other things. All the things I gave in the above post are KNOWN FACTOIDs.

Dont be a fool.

Lol, dude, we do KNOW how many people have died and what rates the disease is spreading at, and many other things. All the things I gave in the above post are KNOWN FACTOIDs.

Dont be a fool.

I'm not a fool. I can't predict future events. I admit that.

The CDC can't predict future events.

YOU can't predict future events!

Don't go all tard on us!

When you prove you know the future, I have a few horse bets I want you to pick.

Chuck Schumer's part of the bill sends $750 million a month to his district in NY, for the Ka-ching virus. So how little of that Porkulus II will actually go where it's supposed to go?

If you're that much of a trusting individual, I have some swamp land I'll sell you, or maybe a bridge.
so what are the goodies in Pelosi's bill???? Schumer is in the Senate and the senate went o a 3 day weekend...

nancy is in the HOUSE..... the thread is about the HOUSE BILL..... so what is it that YOU claim are democratic goodies and that Trump doesnt like? the op link is useless and doesnt explain crud on it!

This virus chaos is working so well for Democrats they are already negotiating with China for a more deadly creation to try to bugger up the 2022 election in a futile bid to win back The House majority they are about to lose.

So far all I have seen is...

* Paid sick leave
* Free testing and funding increases to food security programs
* Free testing for the novel coronavirus, including for uninsured individuals
* $500 million being earmarked for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
* Funding set aside to stabilize state unemployment programs that could also see an increase in demand during the pandemic

House prepares to vote on coronavirus response bill, while Senate cancels recess - CNNPolitics

Not sure why those are a problem.....but then again, I am not a self-centered sociopath....

I find it funny that the republican controlled Senate only decided to cancel their recess because they thought it would look bad if the House was doing their job to pass a bill while the Senate was going on recess -- you would think Mitch cancelled recess because of wanting to help the American people.....but naahhh...
and?
And -- you still haven't told us what are the "un-related goodies" in the bill....all of those I listed are related....would you have felt better if they bailed out some corporations??

Kind of reminds me of all of the games and bullshit Republicans tried to put into the 9/11 First Responders Bill -- and how they literally had to be shamed into doing the right thing....but yo bitch ass is mad that food stamps aren't being cut or somethig??

....shut yo stupid ass up...

Senate passes bill ensuring 9/11 victims fund will never run out of money

so what are the goodies in Pelosi's bill???? Schumer is in the Senate and the senate went o a 3 day weekend...

nancy is in the HOUSE..... the thread is about the HOUSE BILL..... so what is it that YOU claim are democratic goodies and that Trump doesnt like? the op link is useless and doesnt explain crud on it!

Check post 32 both you dumbasses.

What does the fucking Hyde amendment have to do with fighting the corona beer virus?

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi sought to include a potential way to guarantee federal funding for abortion into the coronavirus economic stimulus plan, according to multiple senior White House officials.

Speaking to the Daily Caller, those officials alleged that while negotiating the stimulus with U.S. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, Pelosi tried to lobby for “several” provisions that stalled bipartisan commitment to the effort. One was a mandate for up to $1 billion to reimburse laboratory claims, which White House officials say would set a precedent of health spending without protections outlined in the Hyde Amendment.

EXCLUSIVE: White House Officials Allege Speaker Pelosi Pushed To Include Hyde Amendment Loophole Into Coronavirus Stimulus Plan

I'm not a fool. I can't predict future events. I admit that.
The CDC can't predict future events.
YOU can't predict future events!
NONE of the following facts are future predictions, dude.

I know what exponential growth rates are. <- NOT a future prediction
^^^ NOT a future prediction
I know it can stay in the air for more than three hours, while Measels can only do 30 minutes. <- NOT a future prediction
I know it is persistent on dry surfaces for 9 days. <- NOT a future prediction
I know that the mortality rates of RESOLVED CASES is 6% world wide, for the USA it is currently around 60%. <- NOT a future prediction
I know that experts are saying that this disease is a very frightening combination of distance to contract, and high mortality relative to most pandemics, of about 6% of resolved cases. <- NOT a future prediction
I also know that you are doing Trump a disservice by trying to play down the threat of this disease, and when it does cause large numbers of deaths, you bullshit will only make his efforts look incompetent because you are raising the bar of expectations to unrealistic levels. <- NOT a future prediction

Apparently you dont even know what 'future prediction' means.

You are raising the threshold of expectations for the President and the Woketards are going to choke you with your own words later, dude.

So far all I have seen is...

* Paid sick leave
* Free testing and funding increases to food security programs
* Free testing for the novel coronavirus, including for uninsured individuals
* $500 million being earmarked for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
* Funding set aside to stabilize state unemployment programs that could also see an increase in demand during the pandemic

House prepares to vote on coronavirus response bill, while Senate cancels recess - CNNPolitics

Not sure why those are a problem.....but then again, I am not a self-centered sociopath....

I find it funny that the republican controlled Senate only decided to cancel their recess because they thought it would look bad if the House was doing their job to pass a bill while the Senate was going on recess -- you would think Mitch cancelled recess because of wanting to help the American people.....but naahhh...
and?
And -- you still haven't told us what are the "un-related goodies" in the bill....all of those I listed are related....would you have felt better if they bailed out some corporations??

Kind of reminds me of all of the games and bullshit Republicans tried to put into the 9/11 First Responders Bill -- and how they literally had to be shamed into doing the right thing....but yo bitch ass is mad that food stamps aren't being cut or somethig??

....shut yo stupid ass up...

Senate passes bill ensuring 9/11 victims fund will never run out of money

Check post 32 both you dumbasses.

What does the fucking Hyde amendment have to do with fighting the corona beer virus?
you dont really believe that bull crap do you?

it's made up.... just another republican lie....

the money allotted to medicaid, specifically states it is for corona virus lab testing.

abortions are NOT laboratory tests, silly one....

but your beloved fake news and partisan scummy republican congress critters on your FAUX NEWS tv channel, and Lyin' Cheatin' Don the Con has you Trump Bots repeating their LIES.... without any proof..... and you dummies lick it up like ice cream....

Just do a little research, so you're not simply parrots of fake news....

Report: Pelosi attempted to sneak taxpayer-funded abortions into the coronavirus relief bill

The officials claimed the California Democrat attempted to lobby for "several" provisions that slowed down a bipartisan working group in her talks with U.S. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin. Among Pelosi's demands, according to the Daily Caller, was $1 billion to reimburse laboratory claims. White House officials told the publication that if approved, this would create a precedent of health spending that circumvents a federal ban on taxpayer-sponsored abortions.

'Slush fund' for abortions
The ban, known as the Hyde Amendment, does not allow clinics or medical centers that perform abortion services to receive federal dollars.

"A new mandatory funding stream that does not have Hyde protections would be unprecedented," a White House told the Daily Caller. "Under the guise of protecting people, Speaker Pelosi is working to make sure taxpayer dollars are spent covering abortion — which is not only backwards, but goes against historical norms."

Text - H.R.6201 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): Families First Coronavirus Response Act

Gotta love Brietbart. They claim Democrats packed bill with goodies but never mentioned once what said goodies were in the article.

Having read through some of the “goodies”. One of them was paid sick leave for Americans. I guess ensuring Americans have paid sick leave during a pandemic is a goodie for you koolaid drinkers.

Gotta love Brietbart. They claim Democrats packed bill with goodies but never mentioned once what said goodies were in the article.

Having read through some of the “goodies”. One of them was paid sick leave for Americans. I guess ensuring Americans have paid sick leave during a pandemic is a goodie for you koolaid drinkers.
You need to be a lawyer to decipher the bill...........As it references changes to other laws...........And this is how they hide LOOP HOLES......

One thing about the Sick Leave..........it appears to be PERMANENT..............the way it is worded is 1 hour for every 30hours after being hired for 60 days.............That is not a temporary change to me..........If it was ONLY INTENDED for CORONAVIRUS.........then why that wording.......

I'm not against sick leave for employees.......not at all..........but this was supposed to be TEMP MEASURES for the Coronavirus and NOTHING MORE.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi sought to include a potential way to guarantee federal funding for abortion into the coronavirus economic stimulus plan, according to multiple senior White House officials.

Speaking to the Daily Caller, those officials alleged that while negotiating the stimulus with U.S. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, Pelosi tried to lobby for “several” provisions that stalled bipartisan commitment to the effort. One was a mandate for up to $1 billion to reimburse laboratory claims, which White House officials say would set a precedent of health spending without protections outlined in the Hyde Amendment.

EXCLUSIVE: White House Officials Allege Speaker Pelosi Pushed To Include Hyde Amendment Loophole Into Coronavirus Stimulus Plan
3sf64v.gif

Forum List

Back