Pelosi tells US athletes at Olympics to not speak out against China's genocide.

Common sense would dictate to me to keep my mouth shut in that particular country.
It's not the United States, it's China, and they are not our friend. I'm sure people just
disappear over there.
Also, they were told not to bring their own cellphones, they should buy a burner phone.
Common sense and youth don’t always go together…

Of course she is.

She is protecting her financial interests.

Pelosi tells US athletes at Olympics to not speak out against China's genocide.​

Your post didn’t show you had any awareness of what China does.

Other your PDS, why should she say nothing? She was issuing a caution that she and any other member of Congress have every right to. Free speech, right?
There is no need to state the obvious, Dumbass.

I guess I should have pointed it out for you, since you are a clueless dolt. Here ya go: China, bad.

They should get with the Jamaican Bobsled Team and others ... And hold the Free Olympics somewhere else.

I don't think it's the time and place to politicize the Olympics.
Hell, I don't see the politicians standing up against China. They
don't want to poke the tiger, I don't think we should encourage
the athletes to do it.
just my opinion

Of course she is.

She is protecting her financial interests.

Pelosi tells US athletes at Olympics to not speak out against China's genocide.​

If she has financial interests there, it won’t make an iota of difference. But the Chinese have no problem arresting people over nothing…you want that to happen?

There is no need to state the obvious, Dumbass.

I guess I should have pointed it out for you, since you are a clueless dolt. Here ya go: China, bad.
Good boy!

Yet you continue to miss the obvious.

Common sense and youth don’t always go together…
You're right, and the only rights that they have over there is
what China gives them, and they could be taken away from them.

If she has financial interests there, it won’t make an iota of difference. But the Chinese have no problem arresting people over nothing…you want that to happen?

She is protecting her financial interests, no doubt.....and at the same time trying to appear humane towards people. Killing two birds with one stone so to speak.

Actually this is good advise since we know the FJB administration like to leave US citizens stranded in hostile countries.
You know, that is exactly what I thought when I heard her speaking about it....That she was basically saying to those athletes 'Don't say anything bad about China because if they get mad, we won't save you'....

If I were an athlete, I'd back out, and say I'll wait for the next one....

I don't think it's the time and place to politicize the Olympics.
Hell, I don't see the politicians standing up against China. They
don't want to poke the tiger, I don't think we should encourage
the athletes to do it.
just my opinion

Since the very first Olympic Games the idea of the competitors getting in trouble with the host location was the exact opposite of what was intended.
If you have to worry about it now ... It is not in the interest or tradition of the Olympics.

Why would you let your athletes go there if you are so concerned about their safety? :dunno:

Allow them to go or don't allow them to go, end of story.

Why would you let your athletes go there if you are so concerned about their safety? :dunno:

Allow them to go or don't allow them to go, end of story.
I support letting our athletes compete if they want to go

many of them have trained many years and this could be their one chance of a lifetime

but by stepping foot in communist china they are putting their future at risk

so proceed with caution

I support letting our athletes compete if they want to go

many of them have trained many years and this could be their one chance of a lifetime

but by stepping foot in communist china they are putting their future at risk

so proceed with caution

Respectfully I disagree.

Their safety is more important than any chance of a lifetime, as you put it.

And so it follows, if there is even the slightest possibility that harm will come to them....

Then don't allow them to go.

Since the very first Olympic Games the idea of the competitors getting in trouble with the host location was the exact opposite of what was intended.
If you have to worry about it now ... It is not in the interest or tradition of the Olympics.

Yup, it used be that everyone laid their differences aside, even in Nazi Germany.
The athletes ability in their sport was their voice. I believe it was the 68 Olympics where Smith and Carlos raised their
gloved fists that started the change.
This Olympics is sitting right on a tinder box, IMO. China is very oppressive and I don't want to see any athlete find out just
how oppressive it can be.
If the citizens of China are jailed or.... for speaking out, we can't be positive that a foreign athlete could get away with it.

She doesn't want to upset those who own her, I guess. Either that, or she supports genocide.

Pelosi Instructs U.S. Athletes To Not ‘Speak Out’ During Olympics Against Communist China’s Genocide

Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (CA) instructed U.S. athletes to not “speak out” against communist China’s human rights abuses during the Winter Olympics because it might make China angry.

The demrats owe China.

Respectfully I disagree.

Their safety is more important than any chance of a lifetime, as you put it.

And so it follows, if there is even the slightest possibility that harm will come to them....

Then don't allow them to go.
America is still a free country

if they are willing to take the risk its their right to go

Forum List

Back