Pentacostal Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is written:

And when they escaped, then they knew that the island was called Melita. And the barbarous people shewed us no little kindness, for they kindled a fire, and received us every one, because of the present rain, and because of the cold.

And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand. And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live.

And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm.

Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.

In the same quarters were possessions of the chief man of the island, whose name was Publius; who received us, and lodged us three days courteously. And it came to pass, that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and of a bloody flux: to whom Paul entered in, and prayed, and laid his hands on him, and healed him.

So when this was done, others also, which had diseases in the island, came, and were healed:

Who also honoured us with many honours; and when we departed, they laded us with such things as were necessary. And after three months we departed in a ship of Alexandria, which had wintered in the isle, whose sign was a Castor and Pollux.

And landing at Syracuse, we tarried there for three days. And from thence we fetched a compass, and came to Rhegium: and after one day the south wind blew, and we came the next day to Puteoli:

Wherefore we found brethren, and were desired to tarry with them seven days: and so we went toward Rome. And from thence, when the brethren heard of us, they came to meet us as far as Appiiforum, and the three taverns: whom when Paul saw, he thanked God, and took courage.

And when we came to Rome, the centurion delivered the prisoners to the captain of the guard: but Paul suffered to dwell by himself with a soldier that kept him. And it came to pass, that after three days Paul called the chief of the Jews together: and when they were come together, he said unto them,
Men and brethren, though I have commited nothing against the people, or customs of our fathers, yet was I delivered prisoner from Jerusalem into the hands of the Romans.

Who, when they had examined me, would have let me go, because there was no cause of death in me. But when the Jews spake against it, I was constrained to appeal unto Caesar; not that I had ought to accuse my nation of. For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak to with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.

And they said unto him,

We neither received letters out of Judaea concerning thee, neither any of the brethren that came shewed or spake any harm of thee. But we desire to hear of thee what thou thinkest, for as concerning this sect, we know that every where it is spoken against.

And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him in his lodging, to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning til evening. And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

Acts 28: 1 - 24

It is written:

And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,

Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand, and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive. For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; let they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Be it known therefore unto you that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves. And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him.

Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Acts 28: 24- 31

It is now past midnight and today is the day of Pentacost. June 8th. I'm believing God for your miracle today! If anyone has a prayer need, put it up and let's watch what Jesus will do for you! Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. Everything we have read about the disciples and Apostles doing in the book of Acts is only the "opening Act".... Jesus is still doing miracles today!

What is your need? Let's pray to the Lord and see what He will do for you! All things are possible with God. Only believe!

Last edited:
It is now past midnight and today is the day of Pentacost. June 8th. I'm believing God for your miracle today! If anyone has a prayer need, put it up and let's watch what Jesus will do for you! Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. Everything we have read about the disciples and Apostles doing in the book of Acts is only the "opening Act".... Jesus is still doing miracles today!

What is your need? Let's pray to the Lord and see what He will do for you! All things are possible with God. Only believe!

Jeri, another day will come an go, no supernatural events no "holy" ghost or casper the friendly ghost for that matter will do anything or make an appearance. The world moves on . Sun rise sunset, sunrise sun set one day following another, nothing more nothing less, it is what we make it

Although I hope you have a great day

I only wish the best for you always, Guno. I truly like you as a person, I admire your intelligence, your taste in music, and many other fine qualities about you. I know that if I were not a Christian you'd like me too. If I didn't believe Jesus was the Messiah I'd challenge the person making such a claim and tell them of a personal need I had and ask for prayer over it. I cannot impose my will over yours and say I'm praying for you whether you like it or not! This is what will be! (believe me I've tried before! ) It doesn't work that way.. you have to say, I have this need. Pray and prove to me this Jesus of yours is who he says he is. That is what I'd do. If I doubted Jesus was who the disciples said he was.

Last edited:
And it is written:

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8: 37, 38, 39.

[ame=http://youtu.be/rqTLsIyx3I0]Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir - Days of Elijah - YouTube[/ame]

Jeri, another day will come an go, no supernatural events no "holy" ghost or casper the friendly ghost for that matter will do anything or make an appearance. The world moves on . Sun rise sunset, sunrise sun set one day following another, nothing more nothing less, it is what we make it

Although I hope you have a great day

I am still having a great day one month later, Guno, and thank you! :eusa_angel: ( this thread was started on 5/27/2014 )

Pentacost didn't end at sunrise on the 8th of June. That is when it began! There are 50 days of Pentacost. Not one. Fifty days of Pentacost. Today we pick up where we left off.

Now that the book of Acts has been fully posted here I invite all who didn't read it to read it thoroughly and I will be praying the Lord gives a special blessing to you. I am believing that since it was posted many have already read it through but for anyone new here please consider reading the scriptures posted on this thread. I believe that the Lord is about to do great things here!

Last edited:
Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God. Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began. But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. - 2 Timothy 6, 7,8,9

Now this is where we shall see the power of God. Through the power of His Holy Spirit, people. This is what is lacking in the body of Christ but now is the time to revisit Pentacost and ask God to re-ignite that fire in our hearts and give us a fresh infilling of His Holy Spirit. For those who have not yet been baptized in the Holy Spirit and are saved - that baptism is for you today.

I found this link and posted it below and I will copy something from it so you can see how scripture is confirming this word to you.

2 Timothy 1:7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Treasury of Scripture

For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Acts 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear to …

Acts 21:13 Then Paul answered, What mean you to weep and to break my heart? …

Romans 8:15 For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but …

Hebrews 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime …

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because …

Micah 3:8 But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the LORD, and of judgment, …

Zechariah 4:6 Then he answered and spoke to me, saying, This is the word of the …

Luke 10:19 Behold, I give to you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and …

Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father on you: but tarry you …

Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come on …

Acts 6:8 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles …

Acts 9:22 But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews …

Last edited:
It is important to go straight to the weapon that Satan is going to use against all of you. What is that weapon? Fear. Why does Satan use fear? To keep you from believing God. If he can convince you to believe his lies and convince you that God cannot protect you, keep you, that God is not with you? He has an open door in which to plant the seeds of doubt.... then comes the attack on your mind, your spirit, your body - through FEAR. Someone once said that FEAR stands for False Evidence Appearing Real. The truth is fear can paralyze you from moving with God. Fear can stop you from entering into the plans and purposes God has for your life. Fear can come in many different forms. Fear of man. Fear of the future. Fear of loss. Fear of personal harm. Fear which leads to panic. Fear not - is a command - not a suggestion- and it is written some 365 times in the bible I am told. So it must be important to God that we understand this. It is also the word Angels speak to men when they appear in a visitation and the reason for this is that their countenance can be so overwhelming ( as we have read about in Scripture )that a human at first may be indeed fearful! What one must keep in mind is that God has given these angels a command to watch over you to protect you.

While Joshua and his army slept one angel slew over 100,000 of the enemy who had plotted to harm them. With the realization that one angel could slay that many men in the enemies camp what kind of rest should we be enjoying realizing that God is for you, Christian? If God be for you who can be against you? If that were not enough God has sent the Comforter, the Holy Spirit to dwell within you. To be baptized in the Holy Spirit is to receive the very power of God who has come to indwell you. That is what happens in Acts Chapter One. From there the Spirit of God sweeps through the book of Acts like a Fire! How exciting it is to know that God has not left us helpless, defenseless, and barely getting by! No! God has equipped us for this battle and whose battle is it? THE LORD'S!

God has not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind.

1st truth. God hasn't given you a spirit of fear, Christian. Fear is of Satan. Satan operates by fear, intimidation, his goal is to force you to focus on yourself. Not God. Your focus should always be on God. Not yourself. When you feel intimidated what is happening is you are saying to yourself, what will happen to me if I do this? What will happen to me if I say that? What if, what if, what if? That is not faith. Anything that is not of faith is sin. You have to come out of agreement with your flesh and get into agreement with your spirit which agrees with the Spirit of God! Amen? As it is written, it is not by might, not by power, but by my Spirit sayeth the Lord.

2nd truth. God has given you a spirit of Power. Who is that Spirit of power? The Holy Spirit, Christian. That is who the Spirit of power is. With the Holy Spirit indwelling you what couldn't you do that God has called you to do? I tell you the truth. Get into agreement with God on this scripture and the gates of hell shall not prevail against you. Satan is going to attack you hard on this because he fears that you will get a hold of this truth and put him under your feet where he belongs. I have a magnet on my refrigorator that is a fav. saying of mine. What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? Think about that one, Christian. Because through Jesus Christ you are more than a conqueror. More than! Are you getting the picture? Good! Because it about to get a whole lot brighter!!

3rd truth. God has given you His Love! Through His Son Jesus Christ and the Power of His Holy Spirit enables you to walk in His love no matter who you are encountering on any day of the week. Love is the power of God because without Love how will others know who God is? God is Love. He wants us to walk as Jesus did and Jesus walked in Love. We need to receive His Love in order to walk in it. Walking in love is walking in truth. You do not love someone if you are unwilling to speak truth to them. That is again where Satan will tempt you to focus on self. When you refuse to speak truth to someone the root of it is self love. You want to be loved by the world but Jesus has warned you already that the world will hate you. So why are you expecting a different result? Still the gospel must be preached and there is no watering down the Word of God. There is no inclusion of mans opinion to the Word of God. It is the Word of God and we align ourselves with the Word of God not the dictates of this world, be it mans opinion, satans strategies, or organized religion that opposes the Word of God and teaches doctrines of devils. We stand on the Word of God and by the Power of the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ is Glorified.

Note*** Anyone who accuses you of being a hateful person because you speak the truth in love? Is in the enemies camp and has an agenda. If the Spirit of God leads you to confront them, do it. If the Spirit of God leads you to ignore them do it. Let the Spirit of God lead you in all things.

4th truth, God has given us a "sound mind". Watch where satan's workers attack you, Christian. It is the same lies, accusations and charges made against the elect of God over and over. What do they do? First? They try intimidating you through fear of mans opinion. How is that accomplished? Through slander. Lie no.1. You are a hateful person because you refuse to ignore the scriptures that would convict them of their own sins. Lie no.2. You are a crazy fanatic and should be institutionalized. This is a classic for satanists who troll the internet. It is also a favorite among witches and others with a really deep hatred of Christians. The spirit of anti christ which dwelled in the Pharisees and Saducees who despised Jesus has that same spirit of murder. These people need salvation just as much as anyone else and so we do not hate the sinner but the sin they are commiting - we are at war with the demons, principalities and powers that have them bound - our warfare is not with humans - we pray in the spirit and do warfare in the spirit until they are set free. I feel great compassion and mercy for these people because they truly believe the lies Satan has told them and are therein feeling justified in fulfilling his agenda. If they are still coming around you it is because God intends to save their souls and use you as an instrument in his plan. You may plant the seed, water the seed or reap a harvest - it is all up to God how that will work out. The bible says ye shall know them by their fruits. The fruit of the Spirit is the opposite of the fruit of Satan. Those who follow Satan bear fruits too - that you can identify them by. First they are making accusations constantly against Christians. Why? Satan is the accuser of the brethren. Second, they slander Christians. Why? Satan is a murderer and so are his children. This is why the bible calls slander - murder. This is why the bible says Any man who hates his brother is a murderer. This is again another fruit. Gods children walk in love. Satans children walk in hate. Next fruit? Spirit of deception. Satans children are out to deceive you and make you believe that God is holding out on you and that Christians will never enjoy life as they do. That is a lie. Look at the misery they are living in! Ever heard of the saying, Misery loves company? Look no further than the devils children! Another fruit? Unsound minds and a spirit insanity. People who delve into the occult through witchcraft ( believe it or not witches do not believe in Satan but as one former high priest of Druids said, they are serving Satan whether they know it or not - they are deceived ) This is why those who are Satans children attack Christians accusing them of being "crazy". They are the ones who have been given over to a reprobate mind ( Romans 1 ) yet they will accuse those of a sound mind of being crazy! Why? Satan is the accuser of the brethren. So we know that anyone who is accusing the brethren in a vicious form has to be working for Satan. It could be they are in a coven of witches, a coven of satanists, a part of the new age movement that is right now calling for the mass murder of Christians in private meetings - they could be a part of a false church - but normal people are not going to attack you in a manner that is relentless and you will note the difference! Some folks are just unbelievers and have never bowed their knee to Baal in any way, they can be very nice people and I am not addressing them here. In fact the normal person who has not had their minds disturbed by dabbling in the occult, astral projection, witchcraft such ( which leaves them with demonic possession ) are quite open and interested in hearing what the scriptures say and who God is. Even if only out of curiousity! These people I believe are very likely to be a part of the Matthew 22 bride. So we can conclude with Let Gods Word be true and every man or woman ( who disagrees with it ) be found a Liar. God's Word does not lie to us. We can rely on God to speak truth to us. We can also rely on the promise that it is the truth that shall set us free. Amen? Stick around! The best is yet to come!

Last edited:
Now that we have reviewed some of Satans weapons that he uses against born again Christians. We shall see what God has given us as a weapon against Him! Starting with the Blood of Jesus Christ.

[ame=http://youtu.be/U_2II_rJkL8]Oh the blood - Christ Church Choir - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
When we praise and worship God for who He is? He shows up. The scriptures declare, God inhabits the praises of His people. Guess what? If God inhabits the praises of his people and you are openly worshiping and praising him? Guess who cannot get near you? The enemy! That is who! I have a story for you that goes with each of these songs but right now let us worship the Lord and realize that His plans for us are all good. If Gods plans are all good for his own children? Guess what the plans are of Satan for his own children after he is finished using them up? All bad! An eternity in hell being cruelly tormented by his demons. Yes, I'm told that when Anton Lavey died he was trembling and crying out something is wrong! Something is wrong! His departure into hell - even being devoured by demons while he had still breath in him - was so terrifying that according to an eye witness - the person who was present by his bedside gave his life to Christ and left Satanism realizing that he had been tricked by the devil! Oh! Precious ones! Satan is not going to share his kingdom with you in hell! Not at all. How could he when he himself is going to be bound in chains and cast down into it according to the book of The Revelation of Jesus Christ? There is only One God, One Truth, One Way to Life and His Name is Jesus Christ! Life in Jesus Christ is exciting, wonderful, too glorious to even put into words! Let us worship him today in Spirit and in truth! He is worthy of all our praise! Jesus is LORD!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALzCQn8LA4M&feature=share&list=PLADBBE1BC48142CAE&index=66]Draw me close to you - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Why does Satan despise those who serve him? Because those of us who are the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve were created in the Image of God. That's why.

The Lord wants you to know this today. It is giving some of you an opportunity to walk away now instead of going forth with Satan tonight. Baal worshipers are being put on notice today. Get out while you can. Walk away right now and call upon the Lord Jesus Christ to save you.

The Joy of the Lord is our Strength! Laughter is another weapon of our warfare! ( God sits on his throne and laughs at His enemies! God does lol. )

[ame=http://youtu.be/9Z5wDPoDcqo]I've got that joy... down in my heart - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
How to be filled with the Holy Spirit and controlled by the Holy Spirit.

[ame=http://youtu.be/2nTCwoJgj8Y]Kathryn Kuhlman How to Be Filled and Controlled By the Holy Spirit - YouTube[/ame]

It is written:

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

- Ephesians 6:17

And the three companies blew the trumpets, and brake the pitchers, and held the lamps in their left hands. and the trumpets in their right hands to blow withal: and they cried, The Spirit of the Lord, and of Gideon. Judges 7:20

The company that God is raising up will be like the Gideon army. Small but formidable. Imagine the Lord raising up an army of 300 to come against this:

And the Midianites and the Amalekites and all the children of the east lay along in the valley like grasshoppers for multitude; and their camels were without number, as the sand by the sea side for multitude. - Judges 7: 12

How is it possible that Gideon and his 300 men could win a battle against that size army? The Spirit of the Lord was with him. That's how!

Excited? Listen to this!

The Spirit of the Lord was upon Gideon. The Sword of the Lord is the written word of God. Nothing can stand against the Written Word of God. Jesus defeated Satan out in the wilderness using the written Word of God. How do you respond to Satan?

It is Written!

Then let the Spirit of God give you the Word and speak it. The Spirit of the Lord has the battle plan. He leads! You follow! You don't "have the Holy Spirit"... He has got you! We are to be controlled by the Spirit of God. Not the reverse.

In the book of Judges we see that Gideon was a very timid man before the Lord called him. It took him a little while to believe that God was really with him but once he knew it? The gates of hell could not prevail against him!

If you read Judges you will find that it was when the Spirit of the Lord came upon Samson that great miracles broke forth. Consider this : Judges 14:5, 6 : Then went down Samson, and his father and his mother, to Timnath: and, behold, a young lion roared against him. And the Spirit of the Lord came mightily upon him, and he rent him as he would have a kid, and he had nothing in his hand: but he told not his father or his mother what he had done.

Samson tore a young lion apart with his bare hands. How did that happen? The Spirit of the LORD came upon him mightily! That's how.

Everytime we read And the Spirit of the Lord came upon him....... suddenly something happens!

Let's take another look at Gideon! Gideon had no confidence in himself. He was perfect for God to use against the enemy! Perfect I tell you!! Ha! Ha! Perfect! God has some Gideons reading this board and He is going to raise them up to be mighty warriors! Just like Gideon! Both men and women! I love Gideon. He overcame his fear and doubt and believed God, he trusted in God alone, he obeyed God and he smashed the altars of Baal. Gideon was God's warrior. God is raising up some mighty warriors in this hour. Never doubt that God has his own company. The whole earth is in travail waiting for these sons of God to be revealed. Some are just returning to the Lord after being very disillusioned with what they thought was God's plan for the church. ( and wasn't ) Some are being saved now and have never read a bible in their life! It is going to be an interesting company because God always has His eye on the most unlikely men.

Do not be surprised by this because when Samuel went to Jesse's house to anoint the next King they didn't even bother to call David in from the field! Still God knows who he has his eye on and today? He has got his eye on you!

This is a powerful Word from the Lord.

[ame=http://youtu.be/LK9lm910L7E]Not By Might - Not By Power - By My Spirit Says the Lord - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/hKNbwBcgPC4]Terry Macalmon - I Surrender All w/Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back