People Who Don't Vote Are The Problem

Which party stands against immigration reform. I mean, there are two positions to most issues, right - pro and con. The Democrats are very pro immigration reform. How about the Republican? Not the Republican voters, but the politicians, are they anti immigration reform?

Where is the party which favors mass deportations of illegal infiltrators?
No party favors mass deportation because it would be total suicide. The Republicans at least differ between themselves, Dems seem to want open borders and instant citizenship. I don't know of any on the right that want that. There's much more than one issue to deal with too.

Incumbents always have an advantage over challengers.

If the Republicans had been the incumbents this could have been much worse than it was.

Think about that.....:biggrin:

The problem is that the Republicans still have it all wrong. The Republicans are running around and on television telling everyone that the American people want them to take over and to get things done. Not true. Had the American people wanted something done in Washington D.C., they would have voted out the Republicans and voted in the Democrats. They would have given the liberal Democrat president both the Senate and the House and paved the way for him to get whatever he wanted accomplished easily. The American people sent the Republicans a message and indeed the President a message that they want Obama's policies stopped in their tracks. We have far too many laws infringing on our daily lives and finances already. We don't need any more laws enacted. We need laws repealed, programs stopped, and liberties restored. The American people have spoken. The election was a denial of support for the liberal agenda of the past six years. I do pray the Republicans come to their senses as to why they were given the Senate and House majorities.

If you really think either party as our best interest at heart then you are living in fantasy world. The two party system has brought us nothing but crushing debt, endless wars, rampant corruption, and crony capitalism. So yes, one can understand why more folks aren't rushing off to the polls.
Yes because Europe's multi-party system is so much better. :rolleyes-41:

I've always said that other than the vote, the rich completely own our country and government. The only thing we have is our vote. But only 40% of the voting population voted on Tuesday. You can bet that every rich person in America voted on Tuesday. You can bet that all the Republicans that voted in 2012 and 2008 showed up to vote in the 2010 and 2014 midterms. Clearly. Look at how Republicans win every midterm with low turnout but lose the general elections. You can even count 2000 and 2004 because those years were close enough for Bush to steal. But that's another conversation. Point is, basically the richest Americans are all voting every 2 years and the masses only vote every 4 years in the general elections. The blacks. The under 30's. You only have yourselves to blame. I'm done caring about you if you don't even care enough to show up and vote every 2 years. You don't think it makes a difference? It makes all the difference in the world. Stupid fucking Americans.

Turn out in 2006 when Dems took the House was 37.1 and yet all the little Lefty's were singing a MUCH different tune then.

Which party stands against immigration reform. I mean, there are two positions to most issues, right - pro and con. The Democrats are very pro immigration reform. How about the Republican? Not the Republican voters, but the politicians, are they anti immigration reform?

Where is the party which favors mass deportations of illegal infiltrators?
No party favors mass deportation because it would be total suicide. The Republicans at least differ between themselves, Dems seem to want open borders and instant citizenship. I don't know of any on the right that want that. There's much more than one issue to deal with too.
Eisenhower, a Republican, launched Operation Wetback and deported over 1 million infiltrators and no political suicide ensued.

It's not those who don't vote who are the problem. It's those who don't THINK, don't UNDERSTAND what they're voting for that is the problem.

Very few people should actually vote democrat and republican. Neither do very much, if anything for the people. If people would realise the damage their vote has on the US when they vote these two parties, then they might actually get a country that is worth voting for.

Incumbents always have an advantage over challengers.

If the Republicans had been the incumbents this could have been much worse than it was.

Think about that.....:biggrin:

The problem is that the Republicans still have it all wrong. The Republicans are running around and on television telling everyone that the American people want them to take over and to get things done. Not true. Had the American people wanted something done in Washington D.C., they would have voted out the Republicans and voted in the Democrats. They would have given the liberal Democrat president both the Senate and the House and paved the way for him to get whatever he wanted accomplished easily. The American people sent the Republicans a message and indeed the President a message that they want Obama's policies stopped in their tracks. We have far too many laws infringing on our daily lives and finances already. We don't need any more laws enacted. We need laws repealed, programs stopped, and liberties restored. The American people have spoken. The election was a denial of support for the liberal agenda of the past six years. I do pray the Republicans come to their senses as to why they were given the Senate and House majorities.

It's clear that we don't have enough.
We have nothing in the Constitution that addresses a criminal in the Whitehouse and facilitators in one party that prevent him from being brought either to heel or brought to justice.

What good is voting if your elected official never carries out his duty? Kinda renders voting a moot point. I voted, though, for the lesser of two evils. I believe voting has a purpose, but also that not voting sends a message.

Then if people stopped voting the main two parties, they might actually get representatives who represent.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
If you really think either party as our best interest at heart then you are living in fantasy world. The two party system has brought us nothing but crushing debt, endless wars, rampant corruption, and crony capitalism. So yes, one can understand why more folks aren't rushing off to the polls.

That isn't what I am claiming. What we need is a viable third party filled with level headed centrists that actually want smaller government and fiscal sanity. Let the blind partisans have their Democratic and Republican parties. Two peas in a horrible horrible pod.

I've always said that other than the vote, the rich completely own our country and government. The only thing we have is our vote. But only 40% of the voting population voted on Tuesday. You can bet that every rich person in America voted on Tuesday. You can bet that all the Republicans that voted in 2012 and 2008 showed up to vote in the 2010 and 2014 midterms. Clearly. Look at how Republicans win every midterm with low turnout but lose the general elections. You can even count 2000 and 2004 because those years were close enough for Bush to steal. But that's another conversation. Point is, basically the richest Americans are all voting every 2 years and the masses only vote every 4 years in the general elections. The blacks. The under 30's. You only have yourselves to blame. I'm done caring about you if you don't even care enough to show up and vote every 2 years. You don't think it makes a difference? It makes all the difference in the world. Stupid fucking Americans.

Even in presidential election years the voter turnout is barely over 50% of eligible voters.

That isn't what I am claiming. What we need is a viable third party filled with level headed centrists that actually want smaller government and fiscal sanity. Let the blind partisans have their Democratic and Republican parties. Two peas in a horrible horrible pod.
I figured as much. The problem is Losertarians hand over the elections to the other guy on principle. We lost the governor's race. There are a number of cases this time when they did it again, I think Virginia? The definition of insanity is repeating an error over and over and expecting different results.

One hardly blame people for not wanting to vote considering parties are absolute jokes. Their apathy is understandable when all you do is chase the devil out with Beelzebub.

It is not understandable.

I can tell this is probably coming from a rich person who likes it that the masses don't vote. That's their narrative. "Oh why bother voting, their all the same" Meanwhile they're voting every 2 years because they know it matters.

How else can I tell you are rich? Who starts a sentence with "One hardly blame people...." You sound like Thurston Howell 3rd. Lovie, one knows not to mix the chardonee with the grey popoun and cavier.

Lets see the next midterm if the Republicans just sit it out because "it doesn't matter who wins". Bullshit! They know better.

I grew up dirt poor on a farm but yes I am very comfortable now. It's because I work my ass off and invested wisely.

Then take one of the fucking parties back! Just like the tea baggers tea bagged the GOP or the Libertarians Libertard the GOP, we need to take back the Democratic party!

Or just sit home and you lose for sure. Because I'm stating to see America is filled with the haves and the losers. Not the haves and have nots. They have not because they are ignorant lazy fools. Greatest country in the world my ass. bye bye. That was a quick reign. From the time we took over as leader of the free world to today, that didn't last very long. How long did Rome rule? I'm sure we didn't last nearly as long. Isn't China the biggest economy now? And in 10 years they will surpass us in every way?

But the rich don't care if America is the greatest anymore. They have gone international. The thing about American labor is it costs too much. They use to need us consumers but now they can just sell their shit to Europe, China, India, Australia and Canadians.

Today it is better to live middle class in VanCouver than it is Seattle.

Even that doesn't work because those that want smaller government never seem to want to cut the programs that they like, they just want to cut programs that other people like and in the end there is no program which the majority is willing to cut.

Until people abandon the notion of "what government can do for me" and willingly step forward to take a hit on their own favored government spending, the system is on auto-pilot at best and steered by politicians divorced from the people at worst.

What we really need is a dictator to impose cuts on nation, someone immune from the wailing and hair pulling which will result as spending junkies are denied their fix of government spending. A regular politician is not immune from such angst and so he does what is expedient for HIS SURVIVAL and not what is in the best long term interests of the entire nation.

I figured as much. The problem is Losertarians hand over the elections to the other guy on principle. We lost the governor's race. There are a number of cases this time when they did it again, I think Virginia? The definition of insanity is repeating an error over and over and expecting different results.

What makes you think that Libertarian voters would have voted for the GOP en mass?They more then likely would have just stayed home as well. I agree with your definition of insanity and it also applies to voting for the same two parties and expecting them to address our most pressing issues.

Or just sit home and you lose for sure. Because I'm stating to see America is filled with the haves and the losers.

QUIT IMPORTING LOSERS THEN. There are 20 million illegal infiltrators who shore up the loser class. Deport them. This will improve the lot of the remaining losers.

Even in presidential election years the voter turnout is barely over 50% of eligible voters.

In Australia they fine you if you don't vote so 90% show up to vote. This changes the entire political atmosphere. Instead of conservatives pandering to the extreme right and hoping for low voter turnout, they have to win over the moderates and so do the liberals.

Our democracy/country is broken. Ignorant lazy citizens.

One hardly blame people for not wanting to vote considering parties are absolute jokes. Their apathy is understandable when all you do is chase the devil out with Beelzebub.

It is not understandable.

I can tell this is probably coming from a rich person who likes it that the masses don't vote. That's their narrative. "Oh why bother voting, their all the same" Meanwhile they're voting every 2 years because they know it matters.

How else can I tell you are rich? Who starts a sentence with "One hardly blame people...." You sound like Thurston Howell 3rd. Lovie, one knows not to mix the chardonee with the grey popoun and cavier.

Lets see the next midterm if the Republicans just sit it out because "it doesn't matter who wins". Bullshit! They know better.

I grew up dirt poor on a farm but yes I am very comfortable now. It's because I work my ass off and invested wisely.

Then take one of the fucking parties back! Just like the tea baggers tea bagged the GOP or the Libertarians Libertard the GOP, we need to take back the Democratic party!

Or just sit home and you lose for sure. Because I'm stating to see America is filled with the haves and the losers. Not the haves and have nots. They have not because they are ignorant lazy fools. Greatest country in the world my ass. bye bye. That was a quick reign. From the time we took over as leader of the free world to today, that didn't last very long. How long did Rome rule? I'm sure we didn't last nearly as long. Isn't China the biggest economy now? And in 10 years they will surpass us in every way?

But the rich don't care if America is the greatest anymore. They have gone international. The thing about American labor is it costs too much. They use to need us consumers but now they can just sell their shit to Europe, China, India, Australia and Canadians.

Today it is better to live middle class in VanCouver than it is Seattle.

No thanks, I'll stick with building a viable 3rd party instead. Both parties can go to hell.

Forum List

Back