People Who Don't Vote Are The Problem

There was not any clinton surplus try again.

There was a projected surplus. There would have been a surplus. Bush destroyed that projection. What did you expect would happen when he passed all those tax breaks to the rich, spent all that money on two wars and sent all those jobs overseas?

You do realize all those high paying manufacturing employees were paying a lot of income taxes. When you got rid of their jobs you starved the treasury of those taxes those employees would have otherwise paid.

Thank God Obama is the president.
There was no Clinton surplus YOU DO UNDERSTAND THIS?
As for thanking God about obama, the American voter spoke loud and clear how they feel about obama and the democrats last Tuesday

No, they spoke loud and clear in 2012. What they did this year was not show up to vote for either party. That should tell you how they feel about the GOP too, not just Obama and the Dems.

Your faithful showed up and voted. So did ours. Unfortunately the independents didn't show up.

There may not have been an actual surplus but there would have been if Bush didn't happen. And trust me, if Bush had that "surplus" you can be damn sure you'd be calling it a surplus.
Guess they had a change of heart and had enough of obama and democrats.

Bet you Hillary wins in 2016 and we take seats back because of higher voter turn out.

And at least we have the Obama veto pen. Thank GOD!

Thank God the Republican Congress holds the purse strings. They can refuse to fund Obamacare subsidies, cut IRS funding, EPA funding and a whole lots of other things. Obama has got to have money to fund his madness.

With a Democratic House and a Democratic Senate, Obama could barely get shit done.

Then with a Republican House and a Democratic Senate, he couldn't get any shit done at all.

Democratic voters realized that even if the Democrats kept the Senate, Obama was not going to get any more shit done. Obama agenda on the ballot or not, they realized he is completely incompetent at achieving any of it. So they stayed home and smoked a bowl.

This is really sad. And I remember basically Romney making this very same argument. Basically the argument goes, "Hey, even though it might not be Obama's fault that the GOP are obstructing him, if you elect me they won't do that to me, so basically reward me for the GOP's bad actions.

Reid table 300 plus bills that went through the House. Quit playing your stupid partisan games, that is how you lost an election.

Neither party is entitled those votes. They vote for what they feel is the best candidate. I am glad I don't have to put a bag over my head when I head down to polls. Who cares if the other guy gets elected instead? Blaming their 3rd party candidate because the candidate you likes loses is weak sauce. If your candidate losses they have no one blame but themselves. Personal responsibility and whatnot.
I gave some examples of how Losertarians screwed it up for the Republican candidate, there are many more. That's weak sauce. When you empower people farther from your goals you lose. You can vote to feel good about yourself OR you can vote to make a difference, depends on your goals.

Putting someone in office that can win makes a bunch more sense. You won't get all you want but that's part of the maturing process, life isn't about getting all you want. The candidate may well be holding his nose too but he knows that's what it's going to take to get in office to effect change.

Reagan said those that side with him 70% of the time are not his enemy. He compromised like you or your employer or spouse, etc. compromised

Neither party is entitled those votes. They vote for what they feel is the best candidate. I am glad I don't have to put a bag over my head when I head down to polls. Who cares if the other guy gets elected instead? Blaming their 3rd party candidate because the candidate you likes loses is weak sauce. If your candidate losses they have no one blame but themselves. Personal responsibility and whatnot.
I gave some examples of how Losertarians screwed it up for the Republican candidate, there are many more. That's weak sauce. When you empower people farther from your goals you lose. You can vote to feel good about yourself OR you can vote to make a difference, depends on your goals.

Putting someone in office that can win makes a bunch more sense. You won't get all you want but that's part of the maturing process, life isn't about getting all you want. The candidate may well be holding his nose too but he knows that's what it's going to take to get in office to effect change.

Reagan said those that side with him 70% of the time are not his enemy. He compromised like you or your employer or spouse, etc. compromised

Why do you think those votes would automatically go the GOP? The Libertarian Party is made up of disgruntled voters from both parties. If you want my vote then you have to earn it. The GOP and the Democrats have failed to do so. This what happens when they continually ignore our concerns, we take our votes elsewhere. If your candidate was good they would win regardless of a 3rd party candidate.

Barrow and spend and eat the rich, you just described a democrat. or at least as long as obama has been president. How much did he barrow from China?
Tell us about the budget surpluses of the Bush years.

Then go and turn on any right wing hack media web site or propaganda 24 hour "news" channel and tell me they aren't all about whining and being afraid all the time.
There was not any clinton surplus try again.

There was a projected surplus. There would have been a surplus. Bush destroyed that projection. What did you expect would happen when he passed all those tax breaks to the rich, spent all that money on two wars and sent all those jobs overseas?

You do realize all those high paying manufacturing employees were paying a lot of income taxes. When you got rid of their jobs you starved the treasury of those taxes those employees would have otherwise paid.

Thank God Obama is the president.
There was no Clinton surplus YOU DO UNDERSTAND THIS?
As for thanking God about obama, the American voter spoke loud and clear how they feel about obama and the democrats last Tuesday

No, they spoke loud and clear in 2012. What they did this year was not show up to vote for either party. That should tell you how they feel about the GOP too, not just Obama and the Dems.

Your faithful showed up and voted. So did ours. Unfortunately the independents didn't show up.

There may not have been an actual surplus but there would have been if Bush didn't happen. And trust me, if Bush had that "surplus" you can be damn sure you'd be calling it a surplus.

Get over it. There'll be other elections. As a Black person, you need to worry about any amnesty move Obama makes before the new Congress convenes. Three or four million Hispanic workers are not going to help push up the Black employment rate.

Even that doesn't work because those that want smaller government never seem to want to cut the programs that they like, they just want to cut programs that other people like and in the end there is no program which the majority is willing to cut.

Until people abandon the notion of "what government can do for me" and willingly step forward to take a hit on their own favored government spending, the system is on auto-pilot at best and steered by politicians divorced from the people at worst.

What we really need is a dictator to impose cuts on nation, someone immune from the wailing and hair pulling which will result as spending junkies are denied their fix of government spending. A regular politician is not immune from such angst and so he does what is expedient for HIS SURVIVAL and not what is in the best long term interests of the entire nation.

It isn't going to be easy. Nothing worth fighting for ever is though. Their should be no sacred cows when trimming our budget, all areas must be cut. The problem is petty partisan politics. When the GOP suggests cuts for the social safety net they get accused of hating the poor, when the Democrats suggest cuts to the defense budget they get accused of gutting military. It's nonsense and therefore nothing gets done. Frustrating to say the least.

It's not the politicians, it's the people. Actually, the problem is Democracy - when people find out that they can use their vote to enrich themselves, then good governance and fiscal prudence evaporate.

pew-spending-cuts.png

The people share some of the blame as well. No doubt. We need candidates that proudly state that they are going to make these cuts and do so despite the howls of their opponents.

The opponents are not the problem, it's the supporters that are the problem.

A heroin addict can have good intentions about kicking the habit, but as soon as he freely and willingly misses a fix, then the withdrawal starts and principle gets thrown out the window and he scrounges up a new fix. The only way to help that addict is to lock him in a room and impose withdrawal on him. You can bring him down slowly with methadone but he can't be in control, you have to impose the regimen on him.

Heroin addict = voter.

Damn, I typing on the fly and I meant type opponents/supporters in my post. lol

What solutions do we have before us then? What can be done about our debt if no one has the stones to tackle the problem? It does seem like a damned if we do and damned of we don't type scenario. I am not ready to throw in the towel.

Canada did the job back in the 90s with a 7:1 spending cuts/tax increase program but Canada, despite the English/French divide, was a far more unified nation than we are, so the people actually suffered together. Most of the hit was directed at the medical system, people started dying, and all the stories we American heard about the Canadian system came from that period.

We have two big problems - medical research is allowing people to live longer and allowing us to treat ill people who are no longer economically productive. Social Security was designed for people to retire at 65 and die at 75.

Screw it, the problems which divide us would take pages to describe.

We have more poor people than Canada because we're more racially diverse than they were 20 years ago. They had more unity because they were mostly a middle class nation not riven by racial divides. Here the racial divide actually, you know, divides us. Minorities are disproportionately in poverty. A Canadian was more willing to spare some cuts for the poor and take on an even higher burden onto himself because the poor were fewer in number and culturally/racially connected to him, but there is no such willingness in the US and that's completely understandable. Look at what happened when America was structured like Canada, we passed the New Deal, the Fair Deal, and the Great Society and then multiculturalism exploded and the people divided and that cultural cohesiveness has now evaporated. American before 1965 was a nation, today it's not.

So if we did as Canada did, a 7:1 formula, most of the cuts are going to hit minorities and poor and the elderly. The elderly can always turn to their family to help ease some of the financial hit but the Death Panels are not going to be popular.

Oh, and as for taxes being raised to fix the problem, that's not a total solution, as Canada's 7:1 formula shows, for tax rates are something which Capital is responsive to - raise the rates too high and capital flees and then so do jobs. We really do have a spending problem, not a tax too low problem. We already have the most progressive tax scheme in the industrialized world.

So we are in a Prisoner's Dilemma - we all need to agree to harm ourselves but no one wants to go first and efforts are instead directed at harming the other guys. This results in nothing happening up until the whole experiment, society, comes crashing down.

Why do you think those votes would automatically go the GOP? The Libertarian Party is made up of disgruntled voters from both parties. If you want my vote then you have to earn it. The GOP and the Democrats have failed to do so. This what happens when they continually ignore our concerns, we take our votes elsewhere. If your candidate was good they would win regardless of a 3rd party candidate.
You live in a bubble. many races are won by a slim margin. I never once heard of Libertarians spoiling it for a Democrat so they must be closer to Republicans. The Green party screwed the pooch years ago and they learned a lesson, better to influence a winning party from within rather than standing out in the cold looking in.

I agree with many Libertarian principles but their leaders are typically whack jobs like Ron Paul. But at least he smartened up and went Republican knowing he had no chance at all 3rd party.

You live in a bubble. many races are won by a slim margin. I never once heard of Libertarians spoiling it for a Democrat so they must be closer to Republicans. The Green party screwed the pooch years ago and they learned a lesson, better to influence a winning party from within rather than standing out in the cold looking in.

I agree with many Libertarian principles but their leaders are typically whack jobs like Ron Paul. But at least he smartened up and went Republican knowing he had no chance at all 3rd party.

No actually most elections are not decided by very slim margins. Gross gerrymandering as made most districts far too safe for one party or the other. Only 40 House races were competitive this time around. That's absurd. Again, those votes do belong to the GOP. They have to be earned.

With a Democratic House and a Democratic Senate, Obama could barely get shit done.

Then with a Republican House and a Democratic Senate, he couldn't get any shit done at all.

Democratic voters realized that even if the Democrats kept the Senate, Obama was not going to get any more shit done. Obama agenda on the ballot or not, they realized he is completely incompetent at achieving any of it. So they stayed home and smoked a bowl.

This is really sad. And I remember basically Romney making this very same argument. Basically the argument goes, "Hey, even though it might not be Obama's fault that the GOP are obstructing him, if you elect me they won't do that to me, so basically reward me for the GOP's bad actions.
Obama is not the first President who had to deal with a hostile Congress. Far, far from it.

Other Presidents who had to deal with hostile Congresses still got shit done. Reagan faced an overwhelming Democratic House.

So you can blame the GOP all you like, they certainly deserve some. But it does not take away from the fact that Obama is a clueless impotent moron where other Presidents were not.

What needs to get done? The economy is booming. If you are not happy with the economy, maybe you aren't rich enough to be voting GOP?

Multiculturalism in Europe explodes today as leftists protest austerity cuts:

1415297800872_wps_46_epa04479129_Demonstrators.jpg

People want what they want:

For two hours, the demonstrators had peacefully marched down the main thoroughfares of central Brussels to protest government policies that will raise the pension age, contain wages and cut into public services.

But violence broke out at the end of the demonstration as police fired tear gas and water cannon in an effort to clear the streets. No casualties were immediately reported.

Metal barriers were thrown at the police, together with stones, and then the situation rapidly got worse,' said demonstrator Gilles Broussard.

'Hundreds of riot police were involved in trying to bring the situation under control - it all got very nasty.'

A new government was elected in Belgium last month and immediately pledged to raise the retirement age, cancel wage rises and cut social security benefits. This was all in line with strict guidelines from Europe, which views austerity as the key to the trading bloc's future.
1415297800941_wps_55_Demonstrators_clash_with_.jpg

What's the flag of Chile doing in Brussels?

1415298625245_wps_69_BRUSSELS_BELGIUM_NOVEMBER.jpg

1415300628847_wps_90_Riot_police_use_their_bat.jpg

One hardly blame people for not wanting to vote considering parties are absolute jokes. Their apathy is understandable when all you do is chase the devil out with Beelzebub.

It is not understandable.

I can tell this is probably coming from a rich person who likes it that the masses don't vote. That's their narrative. "Oh why bother voting, their all the same" Meanwhile they're voting every 2 years because they know it matters.

How else can I tell you are rich? Who starts a sentence with "One hardly blame people...." You sound like Thurston Howell 3rd. Lovie, one knows not to mix the chardonee with the grey popoun and cavier.

Lets see the next midterm if the Republicans just sit it out because "it doesn't matter who wins". Bullshit! They know better.

How much whiney ass butt hurt do you have? You lost, you party failed to motivate, its not the problem of the rich, its the Democrats issue. Playing the war on everybody, grew thin, it's Bush's fault is laughable, nobody wanted Obama around their campaigns, hell, Biden and the Clintons lost everywhere they went. The candidates message was, I'm not Obama. It didn't work.

Your cryfest is just you being a poor loser.

Maybe Democrats need to run more MTV ads begging people to vote.

LOL. Fuck you! But
The OP is kinda right. The people who didn't show up to vote are the problem.

That's because when they do show up to vote they demonstrate a complete lack of political understanding. They're voting for who's popular, not who's policies will be productive. It's because the NO information voters stayed home 2 days ago that the democrooks were so thouroughly trounced. There was no cult of personality, no rock stars.

They even trotted out that whore Abortion Barbie as if she was in anyway qualified or even had some charisma about her. She couldn't even get the percentage Tony Sanchez got Vs. Rick Perry in 2002.

The best thing that can happen from now on is for the NO information voter to stay home and let the adults pick who's managing the country so that we don't get another psuedo-intellectual rockstar golfer in the WH.

Even the GOP admits with such low voter turnout they do not have any kind of mandate from the people. All that happened on Tuesday was the Democratic incumbents were voted out because the masses didn't show up and the GOP base was fired up and did show up.

The highest turnout is during presidential years, but that turn out is only about %60 compared to %40 in mid terms. That has been a fairly consistent trend.

Since my point is that the %20 who only show up half the time aren't as engaged in the process and clearly aren't paying as much attention. They're the problem because when they do show up, we end up with shitbags like ovomit.

I mentioned nothing about "a mandate", but obviously if the motivated voter is rejecting democrooks at this percentage, the problem isn't the republicrats.

And by the way dummy. The only way the GOP wins elections is by fooling dumb poor and middle class "independents" into voting with them by using bullshit social issues like god gays and guns as wedge issues.

Literally all over America we have stupid poor Christians voting GOP because of abortion and gays.

Strange to me that I didn't hear a word about guns or gays in any of the debates I heard. I did hear a couple of Democrats play the tired old race card and war against women card. They didn't work this time. People already heard them over and over in past elections.

Terry Lynn Land's right wing anti women policies cost her in Michigan. She must feel like a total loser. Every Republican except her won everywhere in the country. That's how bad a choice she was.

Republicans didn't have to play the gay or gun cards. They always win these midterms because only rich people vote in midterms. Midterms are the CONS secret weapon.

Isn't it kind of racist to assume that (lazy?) Black people are responsible for the republican victory in the mid-term elections?

I've always said that other than the vote, the rich completely own our country and government. The only thing we have is our vote. But only 40% of the voting population voted on Tuesday. You can bet that every rich person in America voted on Tuesday. You can bet that all the Republicans that voted in 2012 and 2008 showed up to vote in the 2010 and 2014 midterms. Clearly. Look at how Republicans win every midterm with low turnout but lose the general elections. You can even count 2000 and 2004 because those years were close enough for Bush to steal. But that's another conversation. Point is, basically the richest Americans are all voting every 2 years and the masses only vote every 4 years in the general elections. The blacks. The under 30's. You only have yourselves to blame. I'm done caring about you if you don't even care enough to show up and vote every 2 years. You don't think it makes a difference? It makes all the difference in the world. Stupid fucking Americans.
I don't have a Hell of a lot, but, I am about to disinherit my beloved youngest son if he misses one more election claiming "it doesn't make any difference".

Reid table 300 plus bills that went through the House. Quit playing your stupid partisan games, that is how you lost an election.

I wouldn't have signed any of those bills either. Did Mitch and Boehner sign any of our bills? Then fuck them. Obama has the veto pen and he can add riders to your bills that you send him. If he's like Bush/Chaney he will slip them in in the middle of the night.

Isn't it kind of racist to assume that (lazy?) Black people are responsible for the republican victory in the mid-term elections?

The blacks that voted for Obama didn't show up. The under 30 crowd didn't show up either. Stupid fucks.

I've always said that other than the vote, the rich completely own our country and government. The only thing we have is our vote. But only 40% of the voting population voted on Tuesday. You can bet that every rich person in America voted on Tuesday. You can bet that all the Republicans that voted in 2012 and 2008 showed up to vote in the 2010 and 2014 midterms. Clearly. Look at how Republicans win every midterm with low turnout but lose the general elections. You can even count 2000 and 2004 because those years were close enough for Bush to steal. But that's another conversation. Point is, basically the richest Americans are all voting every 2 years and the masses only vote every 4 years in the general elections. The blacks. The under 30's. You only have yourselves to blame. I'm done caring about you if you don't even care enough to show up and vote every 2 years. You don't think it makes a difference? It makes all the difference in the world. Stupid fucking Americans.
I don't have a Hell of a lot, but, I am about to disinherit my beloved youngest son if he misses one more election claiming "it doesn't make any difference".

Snyder the GOP Governor in Michigan taxed seniors pensions and eliminated a tax break that my dad use to get. He literally raised our taxes so he could give his rich buddies tax breaks.

That's money you would have left to your stupid kid. Tell him if he doesn't vote you are going to leave it all to the Democratic party. LOL.

If you really think either party as our best interest at heart then you are living in fantasy world. The two party system has brought us nothing but crushing debt, endless wars, rampant corruption, and crony capitalism. So yes, one can understand why more folks aren't rushing off to the polls.
Yes because Europe's multi-party system is so much better. :rolleyes-41:
I wish we had Romanian Recall, ala Ceacescau.

Would have been great for half of the POTUSs since JFK.

The blacks that voted for Obama didn't show up. The under 30 crowd didn't show up either. Stupid fucks.

The two demographics which are the most ignorant about politics and how the world works didn't show up. Boo hoo. How, exactly, are matters improved when the ignorant vote? Right, they vote Democratic and stick us with the Communisty Organizer.

I wouldn't have signed any of those bills either. Did Mitch and Boehner sign any of our bills? Then fuck them. Obama has the veto pen and he can add riders to your bills that you send him. If he's like Bush/Chaney he will slip them in in the middle of the night.
Where do you get "he can add riders"?

Forum List

Back