People Who Don't Vote Are The Problem

I've always said that other than the vote, the rich completely own our country and government. The only thing we have is our vote. But only 40% of the voting population voted on Tuesday. You can bet that every rich person in America voted on Tuesday. You can bet that all the Republicans that voted in 2012 and 2008 showed up to vote in the 2010 and 2014 midterms. Clearly. Look at how Republicans win every midterm with low turnout but lose the general elections. You can even count 2000 and 2004 because those years were close enough for Bush to steal. But that's another conversation. Point is, basically the richest Americans are all voting every 2 years and the masses only vote every 4 years in the general elections. The blacks. The under 30's. You only have yourselves to blame. I'm done caring about you if you don't even care enough to show up and vote every 2 years. You don't think it makes a difference? It makes all the difference in the world. Stupid fucking Americans.
The problem is not people who don't vote. The problem is the voters who settle for assholes. The problem is this whole "lesser of two evils" bullshit that gave us two consecutive imbeciles in the White House, and several Congresses in a row that are comprised of cowards, psychopaths, liars, hypocrites and thieves.

When you vote, you are telling your idiot "lesser evil" politician he or she is doing something right. You are encouraging them to keep behaving like the evil motherfuckers they are.

When you don't vote, you are telling them they don't deserve your vote. You are telling them your vote is way too important to spend on a shitbird like them.

So go ahead and whore yourselves to the people who feed you bullshit and who care more about secular power than the good of the country.

I will not. My vote has to be EARNED.

If you don't like the two main parties you could vote Green Party, Libertarian or US Taxpayer party.

You do not deserve to live in this country.
I should vote for even worse propellerheads? I don't think so!

Then get off USMB politics board. Go talk sports dummy.

I've always said that other than the vote, the rich completely own our country and government. The only thing we have is our vote. But only 40% of the voting population voted on Tuesday. You can bet that every rich person in America voted on Tuesday. You can bet that all the Republicans that voted in 2012 and 2008 showed up to vote in the 2010 and 2014 midterms. Clearly. Look at how Republicans win every midterm with low turnout but lose the general elections. You can even count 2000 and 2004 because those years were close enough for Bush to steal. But that's another conversation. Point is, basically the richest Americans are all voting every 2 years and the masses only vote every 4 years in the general elections. The blacks. The under 30's. You only have yourselves to blame. I'm done caring about you if you don't even care enough to show up and vote every 2 years. You don't think it makes a difference? It makes all the difference in the world. Stupid fucking Americans.

Every two years!?! Hells bells, I'm pretty sure I vote like three times every year. April, August and November...and sometimes four when there is a February Bond Election.

Had the American people wanted something done in Washington D.C., they would have voted out the Republicans and voted in the Democrats.
:itsok: Aw.... the little feller needs cookie.

I voted Republican Friend. I voted to stop the madness - not to add to it. I had a hard enough time getting my governor re-elected here in Florida. I voted to stop Obama's ACA, stop amnesty, abolish regulations that stifle business and employment and cause companies to leave our shores, stop the persecutions by the IRS, curtail the ever expanding entitlements, restore America at the forefront of nations in the world, restore the military, secure our borders, increase energy production, etc..

I didn't vote for even more red tape and regulation.

Sounds exactly like the right wing talking points that led us to the 2007 Great Recession.

What are the regulations that stifle business and employment and cause companies to leave our shores? You mean unions and paying employees a fair wage? Those kinds of regulations?

The highest corporate tax rate among industrialized nations is the largest contributor. We are now having to sell our coal to overseas markets because of EPA regulations. Most of our electronics installed in new vehicles are being done in Mexico. Yes, unions caused us to bailout General Motors and Chrysler. Unions have cost a lot of states to almost go under, Wisconsin for instance.

I never had a problem with wages. When I realized If I got more training I could earn more, I went and got the training. When I realized I could make more money the way my boss was making more money, I started my own business. What you make for yourself and your family is up to you and is not the responsibility of anyone else.

Then why were you guys complaining for 4 years that Obama was failing economically? Were you liars?

Oh, and we better stop selling coal asap. Climate scientists say effects of global warming are more urgent than once believed

No thanks, I'll stick with building a viable 3rd party instead. Both parties can go to hell.
They are here to stay, third parties run against those closer to them and hand the election over to the other guy. Real smart.
This is unfortunately the case. We don't have a parliamentary system where multiple parties are represented. If you want your party to adopt or move their position on issues, you have to work for that change from within. At least vote for candidates who come close to what you believe in if possible. I think the only true way to tell what the general population is thinking is to watch the grass roots ballot initiatives. A lot of democrats think they are being taxed quite enough, and a lot of republicans are turned off by all the bigotry and bible thumping.

If it weren't for us liberals minimum wage would be $1 a hr, there would be no middle class and we would not only still be in Iraq we'd still be in Viet Nam. LOL.
Wrong. That's why you're a liberal. You've ignored the marketplace. Part of the marketplace is paying employees enough to keep them coming back. If you don't your competitor scoops them up and you die.

Exactly. If I cut the pay of my electricians and apprentices, they would all go to work for my competitors tomorrow morning.

Had the American people wanted something done in Washington D.C., they would have voted out the Republicans and voted in the Democrats.
:itsok: Aw.... the little feller needs cookie.

I voted Republican Friend. I voted to stop the madness - not to add to it. I had a hard enough time getting my governor re-elected here in Florida. I voted to stop Obama's ACA, stop amnesty, abolish regulations that stifle business and employment and cause companies to leave our shores, stop the persecutions by the IRS, curtail the ever expanding entitlements, restore America at the forefront of nations in the world, restore the military, secure our borders, increase energy production, etc..

I didn't vote for even more red tape and regulation.

Sounds exactly like the right wing talking points that led us to the 2007 Great Recession.

What are the regulations that stifle business and employment and cause companies to leave our shores? You mean unions and paying employees a fair wage? Those kinds of regulations?

The highest corporate tax rate among industrialized nations is the largest contributor. We are now having to sell our coal to overseas markets because of EPA regulations. Most of our electronics installed in new vehicles are being done in Mexico. Yes, unions caused us to bailout General Motors and Chrysler. Unions have cost a lot of states to almost go under, Wisconsin for instance.

I never had a problem with wages. When I realized If I got more training I could earn more, I went and got the training. When I realized I could make more money the way my boss was making more money, I started my own business. What you make for yourself and your family is up to you and is not the responsibility of anyone else.

Then why were you guys complaining for 4 years that Obama was failing economically? Were you liars?

Oh, and we better stop selling coal asap. Climate scientists say effects of global warming are more urgent than once believed

You into the dope again and having trouble reading?

On the one hand, you have an "eat the rich" party that taxes and spends.

On the other hand, you have a "be afraid all the time" party that borrows and spends.

This will NEVER change as long as you keep playing along with them.
Barrow and spend and eat the rich, you just described a democrat. or at least as long as obama has been president. How much did he barrow from China?
Tell us about the budget surpluses of the Bush years.

Then go and turn on any right wing hack media web site or propaganda 24 hour "news" channel and tell me they aren't all about whining and being afraid all the time.
There was not any clinton surplus try again.

More excuses by Democrats. Sure...people NOT voting cost them election. Trend shows that if they would have showed up...they would have voted Republican and Democratic defeat would have been worse.

If it weren't for us liberals minimum wage would be $1 a hr, there would be no middle class and we would not only still be in Iraq we'd still be in Viet Nam. LOL.
Wrong. That's why you're a liberal. You've ignored the marketplace. Part of the marketplace is paying employees enough to keep them coming back. If you don't your competitor scoops them up and you die.

Exactly. If I cut the pay of my electricians and apprentices, they would all go to work for my competitors tomorrow morning.

Not if your competitors are all paying what you're paying.

No thanks, I'll stick with building a viable 3rd party instead. Both parties can go to hell.
They are here to stay, third parties run against those closer to them and hand the election over to the other guy. Real smart.
This is unfortunately the case. We don't have a parliamentary system where multiple parties are represented. If you want your party to adopt or move their position on issues, you have to work for that change from within. At least vote for candidates who come close to what you believe in if possible. I think the only true way to tell what the general population is thinking is to watch the grass roots ballot initiatives. A lot of democrats think they are being taxed quite enough, and a lot of republicans are turned off by all the bigotry and bible thumping.
I agree with all that except the initiatives. People are often not very informed. At least here people are talking about the issues even though we don't agree but many people don't make it past the title.

The system was designed for slow methodical change. Influence the part of choice and move it in that direction vs. radical sweeping changes that can upset the whole works. Otherwise the cure may well end up being worse than the problem.

More excuses by Democrats. Sure...people NOT voting cost them election. Trend shows that if they would have showed up...they would have voted Republican and Democratic defeat would have been worse.

Got a link to prove that "trend" is real? I think we all know when more people not less show up, you lose.

Won't happen. You don't understand competition. If you offer better wages you will attract the best employees and kick the competition's ass. The better the market the better it is for employees, more options. With a suppressed market employees have to take what they can get. Bottom up economics work better than top down economics.

On the other hand, you have a "be afraid all the time" party that borrows and spends.

Barrow and spend and eat the rich, you just described a democrat. or at least as long as obama has been president. How much did he barrow from China?

Then go and turn on any right wing hack media web site or propaganda 24 hour "news" channel and tell me they aren't all about whining and being afraid all the time.

There was a projected surplus. There would have been a surplus. Bush destroyed that projection. What did you expect would happen when he passed all those tax breaks to the rich, spent all that money on two wars and sent all those jobs overseas?

You do realize all those high paying manufacturing employees were paying a lot of income taxes. When you got rid of their jobs you starved the treasury of those taxes those employees would have otherwise paid.

Thank God Obama is the president.

Got a link to prove that "trend" is real? I think we all know when more people not less show up, you lose.
Midterm Elections 2014 Exit Polls - WSJ.com

Won't happen. You don't understand competition. If you offer better wages you will attract the best employees and kick the competition's ass. The better the market the better it is for employees, more options. With a suppressed market employees have to take what they can get. Bottom up economics work better than top down economics.

When the economy is scarce and jobs are not plentiful you have a scared work force who will put up with anything. They're just glad to have a job.

In a bad economy, you and your competitors aren't even hiring.

In the last great recession of 2007 if you were lucky you survived it and your competitors went out of business. So their employees are not all asking you for a job. You can take your pick and you don't have to pay top dollar because this is a buyers market, not a sellers market. You don't have any leverage. You think your resume is impressive? So do the 50 other people who applied who are more qualified than you.

I run a music school. Many of our competitors went out of business and the ones still around aren't hiring and/or they aren't paying any better than my company pays.

And you would think that we would benefit from our competitors going out of business but the reason they went out of business is because no one can afford to send their kids to music lessons.

We have 3 locations. The one location that is having trouble is in a blue collar city. The other two are in ritzy cities and they are doing just fine. This is how I see that we have two different Americas and the middle class is disappearing.

But I guess if they won't bother to vote, I don't need to worry about them. Unfortunately for me I think their ignorance negatively affects me.

No, that's not true. Romney would have beat Obama in 2012 if the missing blue collar white voters, who were Republican voters, had showed up. They stayed home and inflicted Obama on us for another 4 years.

There was a projected surplus. There would have been a surplus. Bush destroyed that projection. What did you expect would happen when he passed all those tax breaks to the rich, spent all that money on two wars and sent all those jobs overseas?

You do realize all those high paying manufacturing employees were paying a lot of income taxes. When you got rid of their jobs you starved the treasury of those taxes those employees would have otherwise paid.

Thank God Obama is the president.
There was no Clinton surplus YOU DO UNDERSTAND THIS?
As for thanking God about obama, the American voter spoke loud and clear how they feel about obama and the democrats last Tuesday

I run a music school. Many of our competitors went out of business and the ones still around aren't hiring and/or they aren't paying any better than my company pays.

And you would think that we would benefit from our competitors going out of business but the reason they went out of business is because no one can afford to send their kids to music lessons.

We have 3 locations. The one location that is having trouble is in a blue collar city. The other two are in ritzy cities and they are doing just fine. This is how I see that we have two different Americas and the middle class is disappearing.

But I guess if they won't bother to vote, I don't need to worry about them. Unfortunately for me I think their ignorance negatively affects me.

Labor scarcity drives up wages. Create labor scarcity so that employers have to compete for employees. Pretty simple stuff.

I'll give you two other examples. I worked for the largest tax and accounting research company in the world. When they started cutting our pay, what competitor could we go to that was paying more? Answer, none.

Then I worked for the largest IT training company in the world. They went from paying $40K plus to $30K plus when the economy took a dump. Who was paying more than them?

Now it also isn't their fault. When all the good jobs went overseas and the economy tanked because of it, what company was paying for computer training? So what's wrong with America is not something you can answer in one quick paragraph.

Forum List

Back