Per Fox News: Gunman was registered democrat

The NRA is harmless...

As harmless as a pedophile babysitter.
slick willy is not the subject...

Just your typical NRA member right?

Yo Chucklehead how many NRA membership cards have been found on any of the mass shooters in history? I'll give you a hint....starts with Z and ends with O

None, because the NRA will not reveal membership lists.
Of course they are not going to release that, progressives will try to kill their members.

Yo Chucklehead how many NRA membership cards have been found on any of the mass shooters in history? I'll give you a hint....starts with Z and ends with O

Why the hell would they? Or should they?

Obviously it is a public relations nightmare waiting to happen.

The NRA is harmless...

As well they shouldn't but that wasn't the question I posed now was it?

He was a Democrat, but he hated gays. Not a very good Democrat.

An AR-15 assault gun owner who loved handguns. Not a very good Democrat indeed.
An AR-15 assault gun ? Wow you really do not no anything about firearms. Not surprised and I do not blame the common left leaning voter that false propaganda comes from the elite in the Democratic party and is disseminated willingly by the left leaning media outlets.

I'll clear the confusion up for you now. The only thing that an AR-15 has in common with a real military (assault) rifle is cosmetics and that it is gas operated this means that it uses the gasses from the expended round to reload the weapon. A standard issue US military rifle has selective fire which means you can switch from semi-automatic which means fire one round for every trigger pull to burst which fires 2 to 3 rounds (depending on the weapon) to fully automatic which means the weapon continuously loads and fires a round until the magazine is empty or you release the trigger. An AR-15 is a semi-automatic weapon that's it.

Your leaders have duped you into being scared of mostly plastic.
Then why did a cop on FOX this morning point out the difference between the damage done by an AR-15 and a handgun--how the wounds are far more devastating and more likely fatal from an AR-15 than a handgun. Witnesses said the shots continued the length of a song. With one rifle. Easily replaced large capacity magazines, no? Don't try selling your bullshit that AR-15's are just a little, old fashioned gun dressed up to look mean.
A little more education for the uninitiated. You can not compare a handgun to a semi-auto rifle.

An AR-15 assault gun ? Wow you really do not no anything about firearms. Not surprised and I do not blame the common left leaning voter that false propaganda comes from the elite in the Democratic party and is disseminated willingly by the left leaning media outlets.

I'll clear the confusion up for you now. The only thing that an AR-15 has in common with a real military (assault) rifle is cosmetics and that it is gas operated this means that it uses the gasses from the expended round to reload the weapon. A standard issue US military rifle has selective fire which means you can switch from semi-automatic which means fire one round for every trigger pull to burst which fires 2 to 3 rounds (depending on the weapon) to fully automatic which means the weapon continuously loads and fires a round until the magazine is empty or you release the trigger. An AR-15 is a semi-automatic weapon that's it.

Then why did a cop on FOX this morning point out the difference between the damage done by an AR-15 and a handgun--how the wounds are far more devastating and more likely fatal from an AR-15 than a handgun. Witnesses said the shots continued the length of a song. With one rifle. Easily replaced large capacity magazines, no? Don't try selling your bullshit that AR-15's are just a little, old fashioned gun dressed up to look mean.
An ar15 that hasn't been illegally modified is no more dangerous than any other semi automatic rifle. That's just a fact

If it was modified to fire full auto, it was done illegally.
I know. Semi-automatic rifles are my enemy.
If they can be modified as easily as the one \used by that killer, other killers, enemies or not, could mow you down in a theater before you even get a handful of popcorn in your mouth or before you get to swallow a gulp of ice cold coca cola!

It was modified?

An ar15 that hasn't been illegally modified is no more dangerous than any other semi automatic rifle. That's just a fact

Odd choice of enemy. Douche bags who use any weapon to murder Americans are my enemy
I agree, but not an odd choice. With a musket (not really, but the non-semi-automatic rifles of today) this man would not have been able to kill 50 so efficiently. More would have escaped. It's my grisly way of trying to limit the damage.

Funny how the common denominator is an assault weapon.

An ar15 isnt an assault weapon Juan. Not in the way you are trying to make it so. An assault rifle is by definition a rifle with selective fire capability from the factory. Thus a saw249 that only fires fully automatic is not even a assault rifle. It's a machine gun. The ar15 unless illegally modified will not fire full auto and is thus classified as a sport rifle exactly no different than any other semi auto rifle. The black plastic doesn't make it an assault weapon .

The fact of the classification of the rifle is totally irrelevant to this conversation anyway

It's the same weapon that killed 20 children in Newtown. The same weapon that congress refuses to discuss and It is completely relevant to the conversation.
Wrong Juan. I own actual assault rifles even and none of them have been used to commit murder.

Why do morons always want to address the weapon used instead of the persons who are using said weapons? It's fucking stupid. It's like saying "most speeders drive red cars so therefore to prevent speeding were going to ban red cars" it's childish thinking at best

Ignoring the mass murders of the last twenty years is pretty much the definition of denial. It won't do any good after today, that conversation is coming.

Who's ignoring shit ? The left does. They pretend like the weapons are the problem rather than the people using those weapons.
And just where does the liability stop when a mad man steals a gun and uses it nefariously? Why do we need guns that can be transformed into mass weapons of destruction by filing a sear down or whatever?

An ar15 isnt an assault weapon Juan. Not in the way you are trying to make it so. An assault rifle is by definition a rifle with selective fire capability from the factory. Thus a saw249 that only fires fully automatic is not even a assault rifle. It's a machine gun. The ar15 unless illegally modified will not fire full auto and is thus classified as a sport rifle exactly no different than any other semi auto rifle. The black plastic doesn't make it an assault weapon .

The fact of the classification of the rifle is totally irrelevant to this conversation anyway

It's the same weapon that killed 20 children in Newtown. The same weapon that congress refuses to discuss and It is completely relevant to the conversation.
Wrong Juan. I own actual assault rifles even and none of them have been used to commit murder.

Why do morons always want to address the weapon used instead of the persons who are using said weapons? It's fucking stupid. It's like saying "most speeders drive red cars so therefore to prevent speeding were going to ban red cars" it's childish thinking at best

Ignoring the mass murders of the last twenty years is pretty much the definition of denial. It won't do any good after today, that conversation is coming.

Who's ignoring shit ? The left does. They pretend like the weapons are the problem rather than the people using those weapons.
All I'm saying is that we need to have that conversation, the NRA has been stonewalling it for twenty years.

Stonewalling what? I mean can you name one other group that you call out for vigorously defending the right that they cherish? Should the ACLU stop stonewalling about having a conversation about banning Muslims?

Duh, that proves.... I'll give you a hint....starts with a Z and ends with a O.

Duh, that proves.... I'll give you a hint....starts with a Z and ends with a O.

You really need to stop deflecting, it's noticed and what very little credibility you had is going south

He was a Democrat, but he hated gays. Not a very good Democrat.

A little more education for the uninitiated. You can not compare a handgun to a semi-auto rifle.
Yeah, tell the cop that, if you don't agree with what he said. I'm sure you know WAY more about it.

Odd choice of enemy. Douche bags who use any weapon to murder Americans are my enemy
I agree, but not an odd choice. With a musket (not really, but the non-semi-automatic rifles of today) this man would not have been able to kill 50 so efficiently. More would have escaped. It's my grisly way of trying to limit the damage.
Ok but your choice isn't going to stop these type events. I get that emotionally it's easy to say "ban guns" but intellectually you have to understand that a person who's willing to shoot 100 people isn't going to be deterred by gun laws or even an outright gun ban. The only people y'all are affecting are lawful gun owners.

[QU
OTE="Fair&Balanced, post: 14488808, member: 57262"]

All I'm saying is that we need to have that conversation, the NRA has been stonewalling it for twenty years.

Stonewalling what? I mean can you name one other group that you call out for vigorously defending the right that they cherish? Should the ACLU stop stonewalling about having a conversation about banning Muslims?[/QUOTE]

I respect your concern but it has nothing to do with what will now happen. Congress can no longer ignore at the minimum a protracted conversation on how to rectify this problem.

[QU
OTE="Fair&Balanced, post: 14488808, member: 57262"]

Stonewalling what? I mean can you name one other group that you call out for vigorously defending the right that they cherish? Should the ACLU stop stonewalling about having a conversation about banning Muslims?

I respect your concern but it has nothing to do with what will now happen. Congress can no longer ignore at the minimum a protracted conversation on how to rectify this problem.[/QUOTE]
I agree. Congress needs to address the actual elements of these events.

Again intellectually you know guns aren't the problem here. They are merely the tool being used.

If they can be modified as easily as the one \used by that killer, other killers, enemies or not, could mow you down in a theater before you even get a handful of popcorn in your mouth or before you get to swallow a gulp of ice cold coca cola!
They can't be modified that easily man. That's misinformation

A man in a machine shop that knows what he is doing can make the modification reasonably fast. I am not sure if the gun used by the shooter in the op was a modified weapon yet, but if it turns out that he did, that would challenge your assertion that it isn't easy. Or it could be a military weapon with automatic capability…. we will see.

W

And just where does the liability stop when a mad man steals a gun and uses it nefariously? Why do we need guns that can be transformed into mass weapons of destruction by filing a sear down or whatever?
Filing the sear down doesn't work on every weapon and even if it does you can not control it once you pull the trigger it will not stop until the weapon jams or the magazine is expended. Not to mention it is illegal to do so. Law abiding citizens would not do this or those with sense.

Forum List

Back