Per Fox News: Gunman was registered democrat

Then why did a cop on FOX this morning point out the difference between the damage done by an AR-15 and a handgun--how the wounds are far more devastating and more likely fatal from an AR-15 than a handgun. Witnesses said the shots continued the length of a song. With one rifle. Easily replaced large capacity magazines, no? Don't try selling your bullshit that AR-15's are just a little, old fashioned gun dressed up to look mean.
An ar15 that hasn't been illegally modified is no more dangerous than any other semi automatic rifle. That's just a fact

If it was modified to fire full auto, it was done illegally.
I know. Semi-automatic rifles are my enemy.
If they can be modified as easily as the one \used by that killer, other killers, enemies or not, could mow you down in a theater before you even get a handful of popcorn in your mouth or before you get to swallow a gulp of ice cold coca cola!
They can't be modified that easily man. That's misinformation

A man in a machine shop that knows what he is doing can make the modification reasonably fast. I am not sure if the gun used by the shooter in the op was a modified weapon yet, but if it turns out that he did, that would challenge your assertion that it isn't easy. Or it could be a military weapon with automatic capability…. we will see.

That's true. So far all we've heard is ar15 style weapon.

However the fact remains, the gun is only the tool it is not the why or the who. Those are the issues

An AR-15 assault gun ? Wow you really do not no anything about firearms. Not surprised and I do not blame the common left leaning voter that false propaganda comes from the elite in the Democratic party and is disseminated willingly by the left leaning media outlets.

I'll clear the confusion up for you now. The only thing that an AR-15 has in common with a real military (assault) rifle is cosmetics and that it is gas operated this means that it uses the gasses from the expended round to reload the weapon. A standard issue US military rifle has selective fire which means you can switch from semi-automatic which means fire one round for every trigger pull to burst which fires 2 to 3 rounds (depending on the weapon) to fully automatic which means the weapon continuously loads and fires a round until the magazine is empty or you release the trigger. An AR-15 is a semi-automatic weapon that's it.

Your leaders have duped you into being scared of mostly plastic.
Then why did a cop on FOX this morning point out the difference between the damage done by an AR-15 and a handgun--how the wounds are far more devastating and more likely fatal from an AR-15 than a handgun. Witnesses said the shots continued the length of a song. With one rifle. Easily replaced large capacity magazines, no? Don't try selling your bullshit that AR-15's are just a little, old fashioned gun dressed up to look mean.
An ar15 that hasn't been illegally modified is no more dangerous than any other semi automatic rifle. That's just a fact

If they can be modified as easily as the one \used by that killer, other killers, enemies or not, could mow you down in a theater before you even get a handful of popcorn in your mouth or before you get to swallow a gulp of ice cold coca cola!

It was modified?
I am not sure…. but some one suggested it was; probably due to the large number of casualties.

He was a Democrat, but he hated gays. Not a very good Democrat.

An AR-15 assault gun owner who loved handguns. Not a very good Democrat indeed.
An AR-15 assault gun ? Wow you really do not no anything about firearms. Not surprised and I do not blame the common left leaning voter that false propaganda comes from the elite in the Democratic party and is disseminated willingly by the left leaning media outlets.

I'll clear the confusion up for you now. The only thing that an AR-15 has in common with a real military (assault) rifle is cosmetics and that it is gas operated this means that it uses the gasses from the expended round to reload the weapon. A standard issue US military rifle has selective fire which means you can switch from semi-automatic which means fire one round for every trigger pull to burst which fires 2 to 3 rounds (depending on the weapon) to fully automatic which means the weapon continuously loads and fires a round until the magazine is empty or you release the trigger. An AR-15 is a semi-automatic weapon that's it.

Your leaders have duped you into being scared of mostly plastic.
A little more education for the uninitiated. You can not compare a handgun to a semi-auto rifle.
Yeah, tell the cop that, if you don't agree with what he said. I'm sure you know WAY more about it.
I've owned a weapon since the age of 8 and spent 6 years 7 months in the military. Someone in my family has served in every conflict the country has had going back to the Civil War. So I know a little about firearms.

It was modified?
I am not sure…. but some one suggested it was; probably due to the large number of casualties.

Even a non scary black semi auto rifle could be used to fire off 100 rounds pretty quickly.

It was modified?
Thats crap firing on fully automatic isn't like it is in the movies or on video games. I've fired an M16 on burst and was lucky the other rounds hit the target. Not to mention over heating the weapon which will eventual start to cook off rounds.

A man in a machine shop that knows what he is doing can make the modification reasonably fast. I am not sure if the gun used by the shooter in the op was a modified weapon yet, but if it turns out that he did, that would challenge your assertion that it isn't easy. Or it could be a military weapon with automatic capability…. we will see.

However the fact remains, the gun is only the tool it is not the why or the who. Those are the issues
But the issues are more complex than you suggest. That "tool" has been used far too many times as a weapon of mass murder, modified or not. Over 100 casualties in one shooting is unconscionable. We can't seem to keep that"tool" out of the hands of killers and I submit to you that the task of doing so is impossible.

It was modified?

Even a non scary black semi auto rifle could be used to fire off 100 rounds pretty quickly.
Now you are making the case for those opposed to "assault rifles."

But the issues are more complex than you suggest. That "tool" has been used far too many times as a weapon of mass murder, modified or not. Over 100 casualties in one shooting is unconscionable. We can't seem to keep that"tool" out of the hands of killers and I submit to you that the task of doing so is impossible.
Oh I disagree. I submit to you that at this stage we might need to accept thAt were going to have to temporarily surrender some rights and freedoms to win this war. And yes it's a war.

The problem of course is those on the left only want to curtail gun rights and those on the right only want to protect gun rights.

Let's start monitoring social media and make supporting radical Islam a crime. Could you live with that?

Oh I disagree. I submit to you that at this stage we might need to accept thAt were going to have to temporarily surrender some rights and freedoms to win this war. And yes it's a war.

The problem of course is those on the left only want to curtail gun rights and those on the right only want to protect gun rights.

Let's start monitoring social media and make supporting radical Islam a crime. Could you live with that?
It is a crime.

It was modified?
Thats crap firing on fully automatic isn't like it is in the movies or on video games. I've fired an M16 on burst and was lucky the other rounds hit the target. Not to mention over heating the weapon which will eventual start to cook off rounds.
Through the years there have been many modifications to the M-16 and AR-15. The version you fired might have had issues not present in later more advanced models. But in any case, the shooter didn't have to aim in a crowed room. All he had to do was point the barrel of his weapon in the general direction and pull the trigger.

Social media is already monitored and all mass murderers aren't Muslim fanatics. Radical Islam! Just what is that? It is defined as Islamic fundamentalism but are all radical Islamics terrorists?

It was modified?

I turned the barrel of an M

It was modified?
Through the years there have been many modifications to the M-16 and AR-15. The version you fired might have had issues not present in later more advanced models. But in any case, the shooter didn't have to aim in a crowed room. All he had to do was point the barrel of his weapon in the general direction and pull the trigger.
Oh you mean the M16A3 and A4 the weapons I fired though out most of my years in the Army. I joined in 1996 at the age of 27.

Social media is already monitored and all mass murderers aren't Muslim fanatics. Radical Islam! Just what is that? It is defined as Islamic fundamentalism but are all radical Islamics terrorists?

No doubt the same proportion as the number of Christianist fundamentalists that are terrorists -- such as abortion bombers, Klan members, Eric Rudolph, Scott Roeder.... oh but we can't talk about them. :eusa_silenced:

It is a crime.
No it isn't and theoretically anyway the social media of us citizens isn't legal without a warrant

It is a crime.
No it isn't and theoretically anyway the social media of us citizens isn't legal without a warrant
Go online and support radical Islam and tell us what happens twenty years from now when you get to a computer again.

I think we should figure out who was sitting in the Oval Office when this terrorist was BORN in this country and blame that administration. Which administration let his parents into this country, etc. etc. etc.

That makes more sense than anything else. Look this was an ISIS attack. Democrats don't attack gays, Republicans have much bigger issues with Gays than Democrats do.

They would have to, because 3 GOP Presidential candidates--(Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee, and Bobby Jindal,) attended a gay hate rally this primary season where someone was calling for the execution of gays.

Let's get over the finger pointing and call this what it is. An ISIS attack on the citizens of this country. Now let's focus on what we do about it.

We have to hammer ISIS into the ground both their ideology and with FORCE. That means that we put all law enforcement into it, like both Germany and the UK have done, whom started raids on suspected ISIS sympathizers before they could attack, not after.

There is absolutely no excuse for this terrorist being interviewed by the FBI on 3 different occasions, but was still able to walk into a gun store and legally purchase an assault weapon & ammunition.

That's the only way we're going to stop them.

ufonotcomingback.jpg

Last edited:

It is a crime.
Go online and support radical Islam and tell us what happens twenty years from now when you get to a computer again.

As is usual with Jake his ignorance shines. Jake there is no law against posting you support terrorism. The only thing that comes of that is its evidence if you are arrested for a crime.

I'm asking would you be okay with said sites being monitored and if you post such getting a visit from the FBI? Or are you only willing to give up 2nd amendment rights?

Forum List

Back