Perry (R) bailing on S.C. forum/debate

DSCN2839.jpg

Are you going to just drive right past that liquor store without buying anything?

I thought I knew you! :lol:

If we say "Yes, he should attend the debate", you'll just counter with, "What about the poor people of his state?"
If we say, "No. He needs to tend to his state", you'll claim that he must be afraid of something.

Instead of making up your answers to counter what someone else might say, why don't you just tell the truth?

Good point, not one person on here of any stripe said Perry should not be running for President while his state is burning. Not that I'm aware of anyway.

So now that Perry made it an issue by bailing out of the debate due to the fires that have been burning for several months if I read correctly....we're simply asking; should he attend tomorrow night's debate.

Its a yes or no question.

Yet two and three letter responses from the nitwits who support Perry are not coming anytime soon are they?

You're posting on a message board ladies....its not like you're trying to decide something here.

He's a hypocrite if he goes tomorrow night. Obviously. We all know he's going because he can't duck them forever. So I can understand you not wanting to tarnish your boy's name by saying he shouldn't. But why tarnish your name by running from such a simple question?

Losers.

Just thought it was kind of strange that you two are billing this as Armageddon and homeboy is 16 miles from it and he's posting on an Internet message board. Shouldn't he be evacuating or praying for rain or something? That's what Cons do when the chips are down and they can't shoot at whatever is coming right?

Let me correct you....read up....I said I was there, near the fires.

"Here are a few pics I took while evacuating the area:"

You dumbass.... :lol:

I am at home near Houston now....

So what you're saying is that you're in no danger whatsoever from these raging fires that threaten all mankind?

Fuckwad!
:eusa_shhh:

Too bad I already negged you for an earlier piece of shit, and now I can't neg you for this one.

Seriously, did you have to take special lessons to be such an ignoramus, or is it just a lucky chance of inbreeding?

How many floods can this guy use to not go to a debate? He is a coward who really does not want to be put on blast. Just like Palin. That is why she wont announce if she will or will not run.

Cowards and idiots.

Palin will delay her announcement that she will not run as long as possible

She, like Perry can't stand the scrutiny of a public forum

So have there been any calls in Texas today for government to "stay out of it"?

Yeah...the government should leave it up to the local authorities to put out the fire. Perry is meddling in the affairs of the cities and counties. They know best how to fight the fire.

Good example of why a strong central government is not just needed, it is necessary.

Jesus God, are you a dumbfuck. You have no idea who fights fires, HOW they're fought, or how any of it is organized and coordinated. You just run your fucking gums based on wild-assed, vague guesses about how things work, and then expect the rest of us to respect your oral emanations as though you said something sensible.

And better yet, you think you can just say, "I studied it, blah blah blah" and anyone's going to believe you, especially after reading THIS bullshit.

I considered explaining to you how fucking incorrect - in the next galaxy over from correct, in fact - you actually are, but I just can't imagine considering you even remotely worth it.

And whose fault is that? If he had attended last night's debate nobody would have said anything because, frankly, there is nothing he can do that isn't being done already. But he cited it as a reason to NOT attend.

:bsflag:

Can you point to a post where anybody said he shouldn't be campaigning due to the fires in Texas? One single post please.

Yeah...the government should leave it up to the local authorities to put out the fire. Perry is meddling in the affairs of the cities and counties. They know best how to fight the fire.

Good example of why a strong central government is not just needed, it is necessary.

Jesus God, are you a dumbfuck. You have no idea who fights fires, HOW they're fought, or how any of it is organized and coordinated. You just run your fucking gums based on wild-assed, vague guesses about how things work, and then expect the rest of us to respect your oral emanations as though you said something sensible.

And better yet, you think you can just say, "I studied it, blah blah blah" and anyone's going to believe you, especially after reading THIS bullshit.

I considered explaining to you how fucking incorrect - in the next galaxy over from correct, in fact - you actually are, but I just can't imagine considering you even remotely worth it.
Perry isn't doing anything except getting updates.

Do you think he has taken the coordination away from the experts in the field in favor of his politician's judgement?

If you do, you're dumber than I thought.

I've forgotten more about disaster response than you'll ever know sonny. But believe what you want to believe.

Should Perry attend tomorrow night's debate? Yes or no.

If we say "Yes, he should attend the debate", you'll just counter with, "What about the poor people of his state?"
If we say, "No. He needs to tend to his state", you'll claim that he must be afraid of something.

Instead of making up your answers to counter what someone else might say, why don't you just tell the truth?

Well, considering TX isn't relying on FEMA to come in and take charge, it is their Governor's responsibility to coordinate emergency resources where they are most needed.
Even if FEMA *was* involved, the governor still needs to run the logistics.

So, No. A debate is not more important than this.

Perry has a comfortable enough lead, right now.
He won't back down when it comes time to debate Obama.
:eusa_whistle:

And whose fault is that? If he had attended last night's debate nobody would have said anything because, frankly, there is nothing he can do that isn't being done already. But he cited it as a reason to NOT attend.

:bsflag:
Straight question: if the wildfires are just as bad Wednesday night, should Perry skip the debate?

IF that were the case, I wouldn't criticize him if he did skip it... There will be plenty more debates between now and Next November...

Straight question: Would you have started a thread similar to "Perry abandons TX during crisis to attend forum and debate." if he had attended said forum / debate?

Well, considering TX isn't relying on FEMA to come in and take charge, it is their Governor's responsibility to coordinate emergency resources where they are most needed.

Actually, it's the State OEM director who is in charge of the four sections of incident command. If he hasn't appointed an OEM director, he is in charge by law but I would hope he is not THAT stupid. The OEM director (Think Brownie for a federal opposite number although at that point Brownie was the PFO--Principal Federal Official) answers to the governor but that is something that may take a collective 2 hours of the day.

I think you're under the impression that Perry is circling targets on a map. Child.

Straight question: if the wildfires are just as bad Wednesday night, should Perry skip the debate?

IF that were the case, I wouldn't criticize him if he did skip it... There will be plenty more debates between now and Next November...

Straight question: Would you have started a thread similar to "Perry abandons TX during crisis to attend forum and debate." if he had attended said forum / debate?

As I was largely unaware of the fire, I wouldn't have said anything. As I have not said anything up to yesterday when Perry made it an issue by tossing out that excuse for his retreat.

Has anybody said that he shouldn't be on the campaign trail due to the fires? If not, how can you say that "We would have said something" when "we" haven't said anything up to this point?

Further...FEMA doesn't usually "take charge" of the situation. FEMA is a resource just like the volunteer fire department, local hospitals, or self presenting medical professionals.

The Federal Government maintains a wide array of capabilities and resources that can
assist State governments in responding to incidents. Federal departments and agencies
provide this assistance using processes outlined later in this document. In addition,
Federal departments and agencies may also request and receive help from other Federal
departments and agencies.

From the National Response Framework overview document.

As I was largely unaware of the fire, I wouldn't have said anything.
Ignorance is bliss...

As I have not said anything up to yesterday when Perry made it an issue by tossing out that excuse for his retreat.
It wasn't an issue and it wasn't an excuse... Intelligent people realize a governor should be in his state, if logistically possible, during a major crisis...

Has anybody said that he shouldn't be on the campaign trail due to the fires? If not, how can you say that "We would have said something" when "we" haven't said anything up to this point?
Just what are you arguing in this thread? It seems most of the leftist wingnut crew is stating that Perry should have attended the forum instead of heading back to his state... That is assinine logic...

But, if you're "not saying anything", well then...

Truth is, we would rather that Perry debate

That way we can ridicule his answers.

Ahh, but will you criticize him if he does show up and the wildfires are just as bad?

Shouldn't he be held to consistency in his decisions?

I wouldn't, but someone else prolly would.

I'm not the least worried about Perry. He has a 29 year record that will do him in, combined with his lack of intelligence and inability to think on his feet.

The only one who concerns me is Huntsman, who can beat Obama. So keep marginalizing him, please!

As I was largely unaware of the fire, I wouldn't have said anything.
Ignorance is bliss...
As you have demonstrated

It wasn't an issue and it wasn't an excuse... Intelligent people realize a governor should be in his state, if logistically possible, during a major crisis...

Where is your BS Flag? You need to call it on yourself shitstain.

Just what are you arguing in this thread? It seems most of the leftist wingnut crew is stating that Perry should have attended the forum instead of heading back to his state... That is assinine logic...

But, if you're "not saying anything", well then...

At this point, I'm trying to get a straight answer out of you. Should he attend the debate tomorrow night? Yes or No.

If you say Yes, why...should he be back in the State during this time of crisis?

If you say "No", okay. Fine.

But we both know he's going to attend. Too big a free media buy to pass up. He's going to be a hypocrite because he made it an issue. So I doubt you'll give a straight answer. Cons rarely do.

Its hilarious how you'll go to any length to try to portray this guy as anything other than he is; just another politician.

Forum List

Back