Persevering Prayer

King Ahasuerus Counter - Decree

Then the King Ahasuerus said unto Esther the queen and to Mordecai the Jew, Behold, I have given Esther the house of Haman, and him they have hanged upon the gallows, because he laid his hand upon the Jews.

Write ye also for the Jews, as it liketh you, in the king's name, and seal it with the king's ring: for the writing which is written in the king's name, and sealed with the king's ring, may no man reverse. Then were the king's scribes called at that time in the third month, that is the month of Sivan, on the three and twentieth day thereof, and it was written according to all that Mordecai commanded unto the Jews, and to the lieutenants, and to the deputies, and rulers of the provinces which are from India unto Ethiopia, an hundred twenty and seven provinces, unto every province according to the writing thereof, and unto every people after their language, and to the Jews according to their writing, and according to their language. And he wrote in the king Ahaseurus name, and sealed it with the king's ring, and sent letters by posts on horseback, and riders on mules, camels, and young dromedaries:

Wherein the king granted the Jews which were in every city to gather themselves together, and to stand for their life, to destroy, to slay, and to cause to perish, all the power of the people and province that would assault them, both little ones and women, and to take the spoil of them for a prey. Upon one day in all the provinces of king Ahasuerus, namely, upon the thirteenth day of the twelfth month, which is the month of Adar.

The copy of the writing for a commandment to be given in every province was published unto all people, and that the Jews should be ready against that day to avenge themselves of their enemies.

So the posts that rode upon mules and camels went out, being hastened and pressed on by the king's commandment. And the decree was given at Shushan the palace.

- Esther 8: 7 - 14

Because it is written:
http://biblehub.com/proverbs/26-27.htm

Context

Similitudes and Instructions
…26Though his hatred covers itself with guile, His wickedness will be revealed before the assembly. 27He who digs a pit will fall into it, And he who rolls a stone, it will come back on him. 28A lying tongue hates those it crushes, And a flattering mouth works ruin.

Cross References

Esther 7:10
So they impaled Haman on the pole he had set up for Mordecai. Then the king's fury subsided.

Psalm 57:6
They spread a net for my feet-- I was bowed down in distress. They dug a pit in my path-- but they have fallen into it themselves.

Proverbs 28:10
Whoever leads the upright along an evil path will fall into their own trap, but the blameless will receive a good inheritance.

Last edited:
You are right on time, Mr. H! This is where the Gentiles get converted! Is God's timing amazing or what?! I love it!

MANY GENTILES GET CONVERTED

Chapter 8: 15 - 17

It is written:

ANd Modecai went out from the presence of the king in royal apparel of blue and white, and with a great crown of gold, and with a garment of fine linen and purple, and the city of Shushan rejoiced and was glad. The Jews had light, and gladness, and joy, and honour. And in every province, and in every city, withersoever the king's commandment and his decree came, the Jews had joy and gladness, a feast and a good day, and many of the people became Jews, for the fear of the Jews fell upon them.

- Esther 8: 15 - 17
This is a mystery to those who are spiritually blind but inwardly those who are converted are Jews. Inwardly I am a Jew. When you repent and believe on the LORD Jesus Christ, you too will become inwardly a Jew and will have a great love in your heart for the Jewish people! Amen? Amen!

VICTORIES ON THE FIRST DAY

It is written:

Now in the twelfth month, that is the month of Adar, on the thirteenth day of the smae, when the king's commandment and his decree drew near to be put into execution, in the day that the enemies of the Jews hoped to have power over them, though it was turned to the contrary, that the Jews had rule over them that hated them.

- Esther 9: 1 - 2
This is too delightful to not savor the moment, people. Let us consider every single Word and be mindful of how loving, how caring, how thorough is our God! He is worthy to be praised! Truly, He is Worthy! What a Magnificent Redeemer He is! How Majestic is thy name, O God!

Come worship the Lord, with me, Mr. H. It's the anointing that breaks every yoke of bondage. Tonight is a great night to be set free and God's presence is all over this music. Lift your hands, people, and worship the LORD. Sing unto the LORD!

[ame=http://youtu.be/UL_4nWfYMWE]Phil Driscoll - To Your Majesty (Live) - YouTube[/ame]

VICTORIES OF THE FIRST DAY CONTINUED........

It is written:

The Jews gathered themselves together in their cities throughout all the provinces of the king Ahasuerus, to lay hand on such as sought their hurt, and no man could withstand them, for the fear of them fell upon all the people.

And all the rulers of the provinces, and the lieutenants, and the deputies, and officers of the king, helped the Jews, because the fear of Mordecai fell upon them. For Mordecai was great in the king's house, and his fame went out throughout all the provinces: for this man Mordecai waxed greater and greater.

Thus the Jews smote all their enemies with the stroke of a sword, and slaughter, and destruction, and did what they would unto those that hated them. And in Shushan the palace the Jews slew and destroyed five hundred men. And Parshandatha, and Dalphon, and Aspatha.

And Poratha, and Adalia, and Aridatha, And Parmashta, and Arisai, and Aridai and Vajezatha.

The ten sons of Haman the son of Hammedatha, the enemy of the Jews, slew they, but on the spoil laid they not their hand. On that day the number of those that we slain in Shushan the palace was brought before the king.

- Esther 9: 2 - 11
This concludes the First Victory and tomorrow we can pick it up with the Victory of the Second Day because this is the fulfilling of all of Esther's prayers and the prayers of her people. It is going to bless you! So make sure and come back to read the conclusion! God bless Abraham's seed and see you in the morning - God willing. Good night.

You are right on time, Mr. H! This is where the Gentiles get converted! Is God's timing amazing or what?! I love it!

It is written:

ANd Modecai went out from the presence of the king in royal apparel of blue and white, and with a great crown of gold, and with a garment of fine linen and purple, and the city of Shushan rejoiced and was glad. The Jews had light, and gladness, and joy, and honour. And in every province, and in every city, withersoever the king's commandment and his decree came, the Jews had joy and gladness, a feast and a good day, and many of the people became Jews, for the fear of the Jews fell upon them.

This is a mystery to those who are spiritually blind but inwardly those who are converted are Jews. Inwardly I am a Jew. When you repent and believe on the LORD Jesus Christ, you too will become inwardly a Jew and will have a great love in your heart for the Jewish people! Amen? Amen!

Please don't placate me.

Just recite the Hail Mary.

Thanking you in advance, I remain sincerely yours...

It is written:

Please don't placate me.

Just recite the Hail Mary.

Thanking you in advance, I remain sincerely yours...

There is no praying to Mary or praying a Hail Mary in the bible, Mr. H. I am praying the prayer the LORD told me to pray today, Mr. H. I am praying the LORD's prayer. I am praying Hallowed be His name. Holy is the name of the LORD. I am praying His will be done. On this board as it is done in heaven. I am praying my sins be forgiven as I have forgiven the sins of those who have sinned against me. I am praying these things today and when the Spirit of God leads me? I will conclude this thread on Persevering prayer. As you know, my threads are not used for discussions much, Mr. H. They are just a declaration of the goodness of the LORD. Songs, Hymns, prayers, testimonies from Christians and from the bible heroes such as Esther. I like to spend my time talking to the LORD. On that note, I will bid you goodbye for now and will return whenever the LORD wills it.

May the LORD be glorified and I pray the spirit of Haman which the LORD has exposed through this thread will explain why the wicked fall into the pit they dig for others and also why the wicked have always hated the Jews. History is the best teacher of truth and as the Jews were minding their own business when Haman and his people plotted their destruction and these Jews turned to God in prayer rather than taking up their own defense. I like that. People who depend on God surely get His attention mighty fast.

Then when the king decreed the hour had come - they did warfare as the decree was given them and they were given complete victory. When the LORD is with his people in battle they shall know the victory is sure. Amen. I praise Jesus.

Last edited:
I've got a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, Mr. H. That is not religion but relationship. Huge difference. There is no power in dead religion. And in other religions such as Wicca and Satanism there is utterly no power over those who are born again Christians so I am wondering......what is the draw for those people? Losing? Misery? Addictions? No joy or happiness? No thanks! I'll stay with Jesus but comfortable is not how I would describe myself. No warrior is "comfortable".

Formidable? More than a conqueror? Shaking the gates of hell? Taking ground from the enemy? On the move? Rejoicing all the way to Victory? Yes. That describes the spirit within me. Comfortable? No. Comfortable is for those who are lazy, those who never even get on the starting line because they are "comfortable" where they are at and will settle for nothing. That is not me at all. I serve a very big God and I am going for all Jesus has promised me. When He said, It is finished? I took Him at His Word. When He said, Nothing is impossible for Him? I took Him at His Word. When He said, Have Faith? I said, I will and may I have a double portion of that and a double of Elijah's anointing too! Yes. That is who I am. I'm a child of Almighty God! I like to ask BIG! and believe BIG! I love the battle! It's glorious!! :eusa_angel:

- Jeremiah

Last edited:
Returning to the story of Esther here then are the Victories of the Second Day:

And the king said unto Esther the queen, The Jews have slain and destroyed five hundred men in Shushan the palace, and the ten sons of Haman, what have they done in the rest of the king's provinces? now what is thy petition? and it shall be granted thee, or what is thy request further and it shall be done.

Then said Esther, If it please the king, let it be granted to the Jews which are in Shushan to do to morrow also according unto his day's decree, and let Haman's ten sons be hanged upon the gallows. And the king commanded it so to be done, and the decree was given at Shushan, and they hanged Haman's ten sons. For the Jews that were in Shushan gathered themselves together on the fourteenth day also of the month of Adar, and slew three hundred men at Shushan, but on the prey they laid not their hand. But the other Jews that were in the king's provinces gathered themselves together, and stood for their lives, and had rest from their enemies, and slew of their foes seventy and five thousand, but they laid not their hands on the prey.

- Esther 9 : 12 - 16

THE FEAST OF PURIM

On the thirteenth day of the month of Adar, on on the fourteenth day of the same rested they, and made it a day of feasting and gladness.

- Esther 9: 17

THE FAME OF MORDECAI

It is written:

ANd the king Ahasuerus laid a tribute upon the land and upon the isles of the sea. And all the acts of his power and his might and the declaration of the greatness of Mordecai, whereunto the king advanced him are they not written in the book of chronicles of the kings of Media and Persia?

For Mordecai the Jew was next unto King Ahasuerus, and great among the Jews, and accepted of the multitude of his brethren, seeking the wealth of his people, and speaking peace to all his seed.

Esther 10: 1 - 3

What is the message to this story of Esther? See it through! Do not give up! Hold fast to your course! To the very end! Persevering prayer carries the day with God! God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He changes not. What He did for Mordecai and Esther He will do for His children today.

In closing, here is a sermon from William Gurnall to drive the point home. The LORD had me find it today! The timing was perfect! The title? Stay on Course to the End! How appropriate! The second sermon added is by Charles Spurgeon, another great minister of Jesus Christ who preached the Gospel.

Last edited:
A Sermon from William Gurnall - STAY ON COURSE TO THE END -
http://www.ccel.org/ccel/gurnall/armour/files/armour.html

There are times whe a saint is called to trust the withdrawing of God. "[Let him] that walk in darkness and hath no light....trust in the name of the Lord" ( Isaiah 50: 10 )

This requires a bold step of faith - to venture into God's presence with the same teremity as Esther into Ahasuerus's. Even when no smile lights His face, when no golden sceptre is extended to summon us to come near, we must press forward with this noble solution: If I perish, I perish. (Esther 4:16)

Which leads our faith one step further: We must trust also in a "killing God."

We must declare with Job, "Though he slay me, yet will I trust Him" ( Job 13:15 ) It takes a submissive faith upon that soul and shoot His frowns like poisoned arrows into it. This is hard work, and will test the Christian's mettle. Yet such a spirit we find in the poor woman of Canaan, who caught the bullets Christ shot at her, and with a humble boldness sent them back again in her prayer (Matt. 15: 12-28)

Your life and work must go offstage together. Persisting to the end will be the burr under your saddle - the thorn in your flesh - when the road ahead seems endless and your soul begs an early discharge. It weighs down every other difficulty of your calling. We have known many who have joined the army of Christ and liked being a soldier for a battle or two, but have soon had enough and ended up deserting. they impulsively enlist for Christian duties, are easily persuaded to take up a profession of religion, and just as easily persuaded to lay it down. Like the new moon, they shine a little in the first part of the evening, but go down before the night is over.

Taking up the cross daily, praying always, watching night and day and never laying aside our armor to indulge ourselves, sends many sorrowful away from Christ.

Last edited:
The Saint's Heritage and Watchword

From a sermon by Charles Spurgeon. God watches over His Own Word to perform it. This sermon confirms just how much!

Again, my brethren, behold another glorious proof of the promise. Haman had conceived a hatred to Mordecai, and for his sake the whole race of Jews must perish. How deep he lays his plots, how readily he obtains the consent of the king, how sure is he of revenge. Even now in imagination he sees Mordecai swinging on the lofty gallows, and all his kindred given to slaughter. Ah, thou enemy, delight in thine imagination, for it shall be disappointed; rejoice in thy design, but it shall be utterly confounded. There is a God in the courts of heaven, and an Esther in the palace of Shushan. Thou thyself shalt be hanged on thine own gallows, and the race of David shall revenge the deed of the Agagite upon his sons. O, Israel, well mayest thou rejoice at the feast of Purim, for the weapon of the mighty is broken. Nor here alone can we see the promise fulfilled; for time would fail me to tell of conquered Amalek and routed Midian. Scarce can we speak of Philistia and her giants given to the beasts of prey, or Edom slaughtered by the sword. Let the armies witness who fled at the fancied rumbling of chariots, or that host who in one night became the inhabitants of the realms of death. Let the warriors who rest with their rusted swords beneath their earthy pillows rise from their long sleep and confess the futility of their efforts; yea, let monarchs now in the chains of hell bear witness to their own utter confusion when the Lord appeared in battle for his chosen. March on, despot; bid thy slaves rise against the free, crush the helpless, and usurp the dominions of thy neighbor; but know that the Lord is mightier than thou. Thy northern hordes are not invincible; and Britons, with the help of God, shall teach thee that in vain thou liftest the hand of robbery. Thou contendest with a nation in whose midst the elect of God are praying against thee, and thou shalt know that God has said unto her holy seed, "No weapon formed against thee shall prosper."

Last edited:
Isaiah 54:17 no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me," declares the LORD.

Isaiah 45:24
They will say of me, 'In the LORD alone are deliverance and strength.'" All who have raged against him will come to him and be put to shame.

Isaiah 46:13
I am bringing my righteousness near, it is not far away; and my salvation will not be delayed. I will grant salvation to Zion, my splendor to Israel.

Isaiah 50:8
He who vindicates me is near. Who then will bring charges against me? Let us face each other! Who is my accuser? Let him confront me!

Isaiah 50:9
It is the Sovereign LORD who helps me. Who will condemn me? They will all wear out like a garment; the moths will eat them up.

_____________________-
Truly Haman and his accomplices did not stand a chance. Did they? Nah. They didn't.
Today they are in hell, suffering eternally for the mistake of having listened to and following one evil man.
One evil man who hated the Jews. What a lesson, Church. What a lesson!

Last edited:
I believe this message of Persevering prayer should end on the note of God's great Love for us demonstrated through His delivering power - The Cross.

Quote from William Gurnall:

There is no other key like love to open the heart. When love knocks at the door and expresses kindness, there is little reason to fear rejection. Esther, for example, persuaded her husband's heart against Haman her enemy as she showed strong love to Ahasuerus at the banquet. And God demonstrates his Love to Christians each time he entertains at the feast of His Gospel. Surely this is the time He prevails with His children to send the accursed Amalekite to the gallows - that is, lust to its execution. - William Gurnall

William Gurnall -- The Christian in Complete Armour

The third example of prayer that persevered with God and with a king.

The Story of "Queen Esther".

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]Oo1A3sOvHyo[/MEDIA] Such a Time as This - YouTube[/ame]

I need to re post the video on this one.

Forum List

Back