Personally I think we’ll have low voter turnout this year because of COVID

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
What do think? And what is your rationale?

Every Trump voter is showing up regardless of the weather.

I partially agree. I think people who love Trump will cast their vote no matter what, but there are also a lot of people that don’t like neither Trump nor Biden. And then of course there’s the Trump haters

yeah. that's why a non-shithole nation which is serious about democracy would have prepared for this at least since march. by providing secure mail-in voting options for everyone eligible to vote.

Low turnout - Trump wins. Democrats depend on the casual, low-information voters to carry the day.

Pray for terrible weather, too. We Trumpers will vote regardless.

Low turnout - Trump wins. Democrats depend on the casual, low-information voters to carry the day.

Low turnout certainly does favor Trump: The enthusiasm gap is in his favor as well. I was think Biden will win, but I’m not sure because a lot of the Trump haters are too lazy to vote.

I think with everyone receiving ballots in the mail, it will be easier to just fill it out and return it rather than waiting in line at the poll

This election will hinge on Florida where the weather should be fine.
If Biden takes Florida, Trumps chance of winning is nil

I think with everyone receiving ballots in the mail, it will be easier to just fill it out and return it rather than waiting in line at the poll

I mean if that happens it would be unprecedented. Conspiracy theories would be flying around no matter who the winner. But it may be necessary it the states where there are long lines for voting.

I will vote in person as always.
Strange how folks will line up in big box stores but are afraid of polling places... Ef9BMy2WkAAsRA-.jpg
Yes, they really are that stupid.

I will vote in person as always.
Strange how folks will line up in big box stores but are afraid of polling places...View attachment 381351
Yes, they really are that stupid.
Good that people will have a choice and will not stay away out of fear of infection

I mean if that happens it would be unprecedented. Conspiracy theories would be flying around no matter who the winner. But it may be necessary it the states where there are long lines for voting.
Mail in ballots are tricky and will be voided if not filled out correctly.

I think there will be a lot of discarded votes but as Trump says, it is what it is

Low turnout certainly does favor Trump: The enthusiasm gap is in his favor as well. I was think Biden will win, but I’m not sure because a lot of the Trump haters are too lazy to vote.

The hate for Trump I bet isn't nearly as strong as some suggest. The reason? People look at what he did and how much the MEDIA hates Trump, and many will say to themselves, "wait,THEY hate him for confronting China, building a wall and dealing with illegal immigration, what the hell for?" All of the effort the last 3.5 years to remove him has convinced people, HE, and American voters, are the victim.

Many who don't feel comfortable voting for him, such as Bernie Bros, will just stay home. Others will vote for him in protest (again). I don't think media is going to determine this any more than it did in 2016, Trump won Obamas old Rustbelt voters. A poll after the DNC convention but BEFORE the RNC, showed Trump up by 10% with Independents.

How much higher is it now after 4 days of the RNC? They are already panicking, which is why they push marches and protests, many of them paid. If Trump doesn't take the bait, their narrative will be moot.

If Trump wins again almost certainly the great awakening is going to be big, it's going to be more global. China will be confronted as strongly as Russia was in the 1980s. The Communist patsies and their tap dancers know it.

One term they can argue was an outlier, but twice for an outsider, it is going to force politics to change to America First, and Western Values will be front and centre again. If Trump loses I'm putting all of my money on Shanghai Composite, it will outperform all markets until another Trump-like leader comes along to confront the Communists.

Western loyalty from citizens was already declining, if China is allowed to rise as it was before Trump, Western loyalty will disappear (it's already weak in so many corners) and Communist China will recruit more spies, rats and politicians than anyone though imaginable. Exactly who will stop them? They could hardly stop them for the last 30 years...

The hate for Trump I bet isn't nearly as strong as some suggest. The reason? People look at what he did and how much the MEDIA hates Trump, and many will say to themselves, "wait,THEY hate him for confronting China, building a wall and dealing with illegal immigration, what the hell for?" All of the effort the last 3.5 years to remove him has convinced people, HE, and American voters, are the victim.

Many who don't feel comfortable voting for him, such as Bernie Bros, will just stay home. Others will vote for him in protest (again). I don't think media is going to determine this any more than it did in 2016, Trump won Obamas old Rustbelt voters. A poll after the DNC convention but BEFORE the RNC, showed Trump up by 10% with Independents.

How much higher is it now after 4 days of the RNC? They are already panicking, which is why they push marches and protests, many of them paid. If Trump doesn't take the bait, their narrative will be moot.

If Trump wins again almost certainly the great awakening is going to be big, it's going to be more global. China will be confronted as strongly as Russia was in the 1980s. The Communist patsies and their tap dancers know it.

One term they can argue was an outlier, but twice for an outsider, it is going to force politics to change to America First, and Western Values will be front and centre again. If Trump loses I'm putting all of my money on Shanghai Composite, it will outperform all markets until another Trump-like leader comes along to confront the Communists.

Western loyalty from citizens was already declining, if China is allowed to rise as it was before Trump, Western loyalty will disappear (it's already weak in so many corners) and Communist China will recruit more spies, rats and politicians than anyone though imaginable. Exactly who will stop them? They could hardly stop them for the last 30 years...
Maybe last year

But Trumps reaction to COVID has received poor grades with the public as have the increasing number of deaths which show no end in sight.
His once vaunted economy is the worst in 80 years
His indifference and intolerance to protest is not helping him.

Every Trump voter is showing up regardless of the weather.

I partially agree. I think people who love Trump will cast their vote no matter what, but there are also a lot of people that don’t like neither Trump nor Biden. And then of course there’s the Trump haters
Why? Twice this year i went out to vote at our polling station. No Kung Flu for me...

Maybe last year

But Trumps reaction to COVID has received poor grades with the public as have the increasing number of deaths which show no end in sight.
His once vaunted economy is the worst in 80 years
His indifference and intolerance to protest is not helping him.

He provided the states with all they needed. Individual states are to blame for outcomes, what is the federal government going to do differently?

In Canada every province is responsible for outcomes, they all do daily updates, as provinces. Ontario and Quebec did the worth, comparable to NY until recently.

Nobody is going to be perfect. Let's consider what Biden called Trump when he shut down the border, "Xenophobic", or Pelosi telling everyone to "enjoy Chinese NY in NY", or Emperor Fauci telling MSNBC that it wasn't going to be a major pandemic (I paraphrase).

Nobody could predict this and Obama couldn't have done as well, he almost certainly wouldn't have banned flights from China very early. That's one of the biggest criticism in Canada, we kept allowing flights from China, and it hurt us.

Forum List

Back