Pfizer CEO on Covid vaccine 90 percent efficacy: 'It is a great day for humanity'...Trump celebrates the news, also notes stock market uptick

it's a new day in America!
Giddy, pollyannaish effusions are premature, at best. The reality is ominous.

November 9, 2020​

The United States’ surging coronavirus outbreak is on pace to hit nearly 1 million new cases a week by the end of the year — a scenario that could overwhelm health systems across much of the country and further complicate President-elect Joe Biden’s attempts to coordinate a response.​

I'm happy to see the Whimpering Man-Baby happy about something for a change.

Who do you think approved it??Oh and I'd say he had a lot to do with it being manufactured. He knew it was needed and if I'm not mistaken he's mentioned it would be ready far earlier than they thought it would be.
Everyone knew it would be needed.

This subject has nothing to do with politics...

Shut up commie, Operation Warp Speed is a government policy initiative. That makes it a perfect topic for this forum.

Which funding originated in the House..Not with Trump.

Who do you think approved it??Oh and I'd say he had a lot to do with it being manufactured. He knew it was needed and if I'm not mistaken he's mentioned it would be ready far earlier than they thought it would be.

You really are an ass.
It took a team of people to get funding and a team of people to do the research for the vaccine but all you can complement is one guy, again, why do you desire to kiss the ass of the fat one?
Because Trump set in motion that the FDA can fast track a drug which would normally take 7-10 years to come
on market to less than a year. Moonglow you are one ignorant fuck, when someone tells you different, you just call them a liar, because you are.

the process for researching and developing new medicines is growing in difficulty and length. On average, it takes at least ten years for a new medicine to complete the journey from initial discovery to the marketplace, with clinical trials alone taking six to seven years on average

This subject has nothing to do with politics...

Shut up commie, Operation Warp Speed is a government policy initiative. That makes it a perfect topic for this forum.

Which funding originated in the House..Not with Trump.

You really are an ass.
It took a team of people to get funding and a team of people to do the research for the vaccine but all you can complement is one guy, again, why do you desire to kiss the ass of the fat one?
a german company developped the candidate. trumptards don't care.

According to vaccine manufacturers, their vaccines are 90% effective. Dow futures up near 1600 points on the news. Scientist were hoping for a vaccine that was 75% effective. The news media is suddenly covering the topic very favorably with zero mention of the man that put the historic process in motion.

Thanks President Trump

Discuss

That is bi-partisan excellent news. Too bad it came out post election.

He doesn't take credit for it only that he pushed to have it done as fast and as safely as possible.

In fact he mentioned it at the debates. He gave the team working on it lots of credit.

Of course an ass like you never looks at the positive of anything. Its all a joke as far as you are concerned.

Exactly. Trump always credits other people for their accomplishments. DumBama on the other hand would always used "Me" "I" "we" when talking about similar things.

Yup during the debates Trump congratulated those companies many times. I sure hope this vaccine works. And lets all sit back and watch Biden take credit for it. You know the Biden who hid in his bunker.

it's a new day in America!

SHAZZAM! How about that! Just as DJT promised before the end of the year due to his Warp Speed program, a vaccine is coming, just around the bend as he promised, and news of it was withheld until six days AFTER the election.

According to vaccine manufacturers, their vaccines are 90% effective. Dow futures up near 1600 points on the news. Scientist were hoping for a vaccine that was 75% effective. The news media is suddenly covering the topic very favorably with zero mention of the man that put the historic process in motion.

Thanks President Trump

Discuss

That is bi-partisan excellent news. Too bad it came out post election.

It’s pretty darn interesting that many poster predicted for months that if Biden won the Covid cure would be almost instantaneous

The election is over so now we are allowed to survive the Wuhan Virus.

NOW MAGICALLY, now that they think Trump is dead:
  1. Covid-19 is no longer the top issue on the front page of every news page giving you real time death counts 24/7.
  2. The trillions of dollars in destroyed business, savings and lives is done.
  3. Riots and protests in the streets disappear.
  4. An effective vaccine is announced.
  5. Food tastes better.
  6. The air is cleaner.
  7. The Sun is brighter.
  8. And Joe Biden did it all. :smoke:

1604942593618.png

Harriet Alexander
Mon, November 9, 2020, 6:27 AM PST

(Independent)

(Independent)
Mike Pence has broken his post-election silence to trumpet the Trump administration’s backing of a new coronavirus vaccine - only for the company to immediately point out that their vaccine had nothing to do with the government.
Pfizer announced on Monday morning that their Covid-19 vaccine was 90 per cent effective, in early trials

But the New York-based company was quick with a clarification.

Dr Kathrin Jansen, Pfizer’s head of vaccine development, told the New York Times: “We were never part of the Warp Speed ... We have never taken any money from the U.S. government, or from anyone.”

Operation Warp Speed is a $12 billion government programme, begun in May, to get a vaccine to 300 million Americans.

So sad that Pence has already set his sight on 2024, and lied about his work to create an effective vaccine.

So you're saying Pfizer didn't benefit from the expedited trial schedule established by Operation Warp Speed? It's not always about money, getting rid of burdensome regulations can actually be more important.

I also find it funny that a company based in NY would be using European spelling in an American press release.

Thanks President Trump

Discuss

Again, Pfizer wasn't part of Warp Speed. Trump gets no credit.
And Pfizer just put out a statement to that effect this morning.

Forum List

Back