Phoenix mosque to be target of Muhammad cartoon contest

PHOENIX -- Local police and the FBI say they're aware that a man is planning a rally outside a Phoenix mosque during Friday prayer services that will include a contest of drawings depicting the Prophet Muhammad.

Phoenix mosque to be target of Muhammad cartoon contest - CBS News

On the one hand, you have a Constitution given right to protect your freedom of speech. On the other hand, why do you need to be an asshole in order to enjoy this kind of freedom? Of course, you can call Muslims savages and portray their Prophet in a negative way but why? Why do you have to insult other people on purpose in order to express yourself and prove you are still free? I don't understand that. There are a lot of things you are allowed to do in this country. Yet, knowing that it can be insulting for your friends, relatives and other people, you don't do them. Why don't we treat Muslims the same way?

These people are like the Westboro Baptists. Unfortunately, they have more supporters because it's politically correct to hate Muslims just becauase they are Muslim.

the mosque oughta learn respect for the RIGHTS that Americans have August West !

What makes you think they don't?

"Usama Shami, president of the Phoenix Islamic Center, declined to be interviewed on camera, but told KPHO he knew about the planned protest. Shami said that as long as the protesters stay off the property, they can rally all they want."

yes of course , and thanks for the question Coyote !!

Why?

I support all of those demonstrations because they have a right to their speech. I don't support nor will I ever show support for thier content. It would be nice if the community came together and used their rights of free speech to effectively block them, like they did with the Westboro Baptists at Matthew Shepherd's funeral ;)

Michael%20Sam%20-%20Angel%20Action%20.jpg

well , that's what I'd expect him to SAY , words are cheap but my view is that 'muslims' have more regard for mohamad words / decrees then they do for Americas Rights and Freedoms . Anyway , let him and them mind their own business and that's alright with me !!

THANKYOU Bull Kurtz , you deserve a thankyou and a funny but I gave you the Thankyou snce I couldn't give both !!

well , that's what I'd expect him to SAY , words are cheap but my view is that 'muslims' have more regard for mohamad words / decrees then they do for Americas Rights and Freedoms . Anyway , let him and them mind their own business and that's alright with me !!

I see. So, it doesn't matter what they say and do. In other words - don't bother us with the facts ;)

As do I. I agree with anyone who thinks the US's idea of rights and freedom is sane is fucking nuts.

Of course, you can call Muslims savages and portray their Prophet in a negative way but why?

Because it's true?

Oh please explain me how is it true. You probably know nothing about Muslim culture and the Islamic Golden Age. Don't forget we owe Muslim thinkers and scientists a huge portion of our own cultural and scientific knowledge. If not for them, a huge layer of Antique heredity would be forever forgotten by the West.

PHOENIX -- Local police and the FBI say they're aware that a man is planning a rally outside a Phoenix mosque during Friday prayer services that will include a contest of drawings depicting the Prophet Muhammad.

On the one hand, you have a Constitution given right to protect your freedom of speech. On the other hand, why do you need to be an asshole in order to enjoy this kind of freedom? Of course, you can call Muslims savages and portray their Prophet in a negative way but why? Why do you have to insult other people on purpose in order to express yourself and prove you are still free? I don't understand that. There are a lot of things you are allowed to do in this country. Yet, knowing that it can be insulting for your friends, relatives and other people, you don't do them. Why don't we treat Muslims the same way?

I agree with you that there's little need to provoke other faiths while maintaining our right to free speech. I think the problem lays with muslim sensitivity to criticism and their desire to practice shariah law. Every european country who've let them do that has regretted it. We Christians have had to endure the left's vile attacks on our beliefs so why shouldn't the muslims get the same treatment from the right? If America is still the melting pot, let's melt them along with everybody else and pull the sled together.

Whatever happened to just plain old fashioned good manners? Why would people think it smart to deliberately provoke a group of people to anger for no other reason than they can do that? I don't appreciate it when it is done to Jews or Mormons or Catholics or Jehovah Witnesses or Christians in general. There are always the good natured harmless jokes--a Priest, a Rabbi, and a Preacher walked into a bar. . . .--but to intentionally go out of one's way to ridicule or demean or insult another person's religion is just plain mean spirited and hateful.

At the same time, Americans, including Muslim Americans, must stand up and condemn and deal extremely harshly with those who would commit murder and mayhem just because they feel insulted. And we should all hold in contempt those who deliberately insult others just because they can.

Good manners are always easier to accomplish when they are reciprocal.

It's defiance. Pure and simple and noble.

Of course, you can call Muslims savages and portray their Prophet in a negative way but why?

Because it's true?

Oh please explain me how is it true. You probably know nothing about Muslim culture and the Islamic Golden Age. Don't forget we owe Muslim thinkers and scientists a huge portion of our own cultural and scientific knowledge. If not for them, a huge layer of Antique heredity would be forever forgotten by the West.

Oh please explain me how is it true.

What percentage of beheading victims were killed by Muslims last year?

You probably know nothing about Muslim culture and the Islamic Golden Age.

What have you done for me lately?

Don't forget we owe Muslim thinkers and scientists a huge portion of our own cultural and scientific knowledge.

Bullshit.

type anything that you like Coyote , actually I don't understand your comment . But let the mosque mind its own business and leave the Americans alone at the 'mo' art show or whatever it is . Hey Coyote , I don't believe or trust any muslims anywhere in the world , just that simple . I don't hurt or mess with them , course where I am at I never see them except on telly where I see them killing and destroying . Hopefully I will see no muslims for the rest of my days in my stomping grounds . Like I said , the mosques words are cheap and east to say Coyote !!

Forum List

Back