Pizza Hut manager loses his job over refusing to open for Thanksgiving

I am on the opposite side from the OP on almost everything, but I agree on this one.

There is time to work and there is time to rest.

TWO ( just 2!!!) days in the year where the profit is not ahead the family and, supposedly, God :)

And even those two are now a subject of offense.

Didn't ever eat at Pizza Hut, and would never will.

Workers are plentiful and expendable these days. You don't toe the company line, you're out, simple as that.

America is an Employer's Paradise. Just the way the 1%ers want it.

and you know whom to be grateful to, don't you? :lol:

wasn't that way during Booosh :D

Man says he was fired for refusing to work Thanksgiving | Local - Home

He was told opening on Thanksgiving this year was mandatory, so at a meeting with his superiors he decided to take a stand.

"I said, 'Why can't we be the company that stands up and says we care about our employees and they can have the day off?'"

Tony says it wasn't about him. It was about his employees.

He told his bosses that he would not open the restaurant he managed on Thanksgiving.

"Thanksgiving and Christmas are the only two days that they're closed in the whole year and they're the only two days that those people are guaranteed to have off and spend it with their families," Rohr says.

Rohr says he was told to sign a letter of resignation.

He refused.. instead he wrote a letter explaining his position to his boss.

In the letter he wrote, "I am not quitting. I do not resign, however I accept that the refusal to comply with this greedy, immoral request means the end of my tenure with this company." He added, "I hope you realize that it is the people at the bottom of the totem pole that make your life possible."
Another chain I will no longer be doing business with, and I will be explaining why.

Because you are a hypocrite that wants to impose your viewpoint on everyone?

and he should have lost his job...funny how in these times...a manager is saying he wants to have employees have the day off when most people are begging for extra hours or more hours as the holidays approach...thanksgiving has been lost in the rush towards christmas....

i go back to work today...yes on thanksgiving..when one works at a ski slope ....one does not have winter holidays...i will take the solstice off and work christmas day so someone with small kids can have that day off...but we are told right up front.....you work holidays.....i am sure the pizza hut people were told the same...

now here is my question.....getting big and bad and boycotting pizza hut....yall gonna boycott all the places that are open today? hell no...everyone gets all mouthy on a messageboard and then goes right on in real life...as if nothing happened

i am with you.

He should have been fired. Period.

He was told opening on Thanksgiving this year was mandatory, so at a meeting with his superiors he decided to take a stand.

"I said, 'Why can't we be the company that stands up and says we care about our employees and they can have the day off?'"

He told his bosses that he would not open the restaurant he managed on Thanksgiving.

"Thanksgiving and Christmas are the only two days that they're closed in the whole year and they're the only two days that those people are guaranteed to have off and spend it with their families," Rohr says.

In the letter he wrote, "I am not quitting. I do not resign, however I accept that the refusal to comply with this greedy, immoral request means the end of my tenure with this company." He added, "I hope you realize that it is the people at the bottom of the totem pole that make your life possible."
Another chain I will no longer be doing business with, and I will be explaining why.

Pray, how is Boop's making a personal business choice "imposing her viewpoint on everyone"?

Hee hee, this oughta be good ... :popcorn:

Pray, how is Boop's making a personal business choice "imposing her viewpoint on everyone"?

How is my refusal to pay for birth control imposing my views on everyone?

How about MSNBC? They made people work today. Or do they get a pass?

You actually think Pizza Hut is in the business of birth control?

I gotta give you credit for your discriminating taste in food then. :thup:

You actually think Pizza Hut is in the business of birth control?

I gotta give you credit for your discriminating taste in food then. :thup:

You think anchovies are an aphrodisiac?

Just a minute. Once again a knee jerk reaction by the uninformed.
Here's your problem....You blame Pizza Hut.....Your anger should be directed at the actual franchise owner.

Doesn't matter. We all got angry, people took action, man's got his job back.

Our work here is done. :thup:

Forum List

Back