Placebo singer probed by Italian prosecutors after calling Meloni ‘racist,’ ‘fascist’

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Italian prosecutors have opened an investigation into Brian Molko of the British band Placebo, after the singer insulted the Italian prime minister during a concert near Turin.

On Tuesday, Italian media reported prosecutors in Turin officially opened an investigation into the incident for “vilipendio delle istituzioni,” or “contempt of the institutions.”
Well the dopey Italian prosecutors have basically confirmed that Italy is still a fascist state. Criticising the government should never be illegal. That would make us like Russia.
I wonder if desantis is taking notes.
Great band Placebo.

Italian prosecutors have opened an investigation into Brian Molko of the British band Placebo, after the singer insulted the Italian prime minister during a concert near Turin.

On Tuesday, Italian media reported prosecutors in Turin officially opened an investigation into the incident for “vilipendio delle istituzioni,” or “contempt of the institutions.”
Well the dopey Italian prosecutors have basically confirmed that Italy is still a fascist state. Criticising the government should never be illegal. That would make us like Russia.
Great band Placebo.

What’s the matter? Don’t like it when hate speech laws are turned back on you?

Great band Placebo.

Accusing someone of being a fascist in Germany and Italy is different than in the US, because of the anti-fascist laws in both countries.

In the UK you can be investigated for reading bible passages condemning homosexuality, so you don't really have a leg to stand on here.

Accusing someone of being a fascist in Germany and Italy is different than in the US, because of the anti-fascist laws in both countries.

In the UK you can be investigated for reading bible passages condemning homosexuality, so you don't really have a leg to stand on here.
You can be arrested for causing a breach of the peace.

Great band Placebo.

Meloni is a racist and fascist, her rhetoric is consistent with that of other conservatives, particularly with regard to immigration.

Great band Placebo.

same laws apply in your country,,

Criticising the government should never be illegal.

Here in the states, they'll usually just go ahead and charge you with domestic terrorism for that.

And then there's the whole ''snitches get rewards'' thing if anyone is caught not consenting to the mandates invoked by a government one might disagree with...

I suppose a feller might just tell em to hump themselves, even if their army of brown shirts do catch you acting free and let em know about it...but...

Last edited:

Great band Placebo.

Kinda like this.

Meloni is a racist and fascist, her rhetoric is consistent with that of other conservatives, particularly with regard to immigration.
Riiight….she’s a “racist” because she doesn’t want her country swamped with millions of African terrorist immigrants.

You people are NUTS.

Kinda like this.
She seems to have been arrested for making threats. So its not the same thing.

Millar confirmed on Twitter that the charges relate to two separate complaints. The Guardian understands Millar was interviewed under the Communications Act 2003, and that the posts were reported because they were considered threatening.

The case did not go to court.

She seems to have been arrested for making threats. So its not the same thing.

Millar confirmed on Twitter that the charges relate to two separate complaints. The Guardian understands Millar was interviewed under the Communications Act 2003, and that the posts were reported because they were considered threatening.

The case did not go to court.
I didn't see any threats. Face it you loons only want free speech you approve of.

Forum List

Back