Planned Parenthood Exposed - New Undercover Video

Ok, let's remove ourselves one step. If we were to assume, hypothetically, that the video and write-up is an accurate representation of what the nurse did, do you have a problem with it?

Be specific as to what was represented.
Do you have a problem with people video taping people in medical clinics? Or lying and posing as something they are not?

Anguille Wrote:
Why don't you ask that of Planned Parenthood? I don't work for them, I only send them contributions. I intend to keep doing so, since this video has not in any way caused me to lose confidence in what they are doing.

So easy to judge how others do their job or why other women choose abortions, isn't it Gem?

Yawn. As long as they are decreasing the surplus population as fast as humanly possible who cares if they are blatantly violating laws, right, Anguille.

Be specific as to what was represented.
Do you have a problem with people video taping people in medical clinics? Or lying and posing as something they are not?

You clearly want to dodge, as I'm sure you know very well what my question was. I take it that, for whatever reason, you are reluctant to say a nurse for Planned Parenthood would be in the wrong for helping cover up a 13 year old girl becoming pregnant by a 31 year old man.

That is disturbing.

Anguille Wrote:

Yawn. As long as they are decreasing the surplus population as fast as humanly possible who cares if they are blatantly violating laws, right, Anguille.

Yawn yourself, you little snot.

Anguille Wrote:

She doesn't care about the population---girls just wanna have fun.

You clearly want to dodge, as I'm sure you know very well what my question was. I take it that, for whatever reason, you are reluctant to say a nurse for Planned Parenthood would be in the wrong for helping cover up a 13 year old girl becoming pregnant by a 31 year old man.

That is disturbing.

I don't know what your question is. People here, Gem, for example, likes to put words in people's mouths.
No dodge. Read my posts above. I am very clear.

Last edited:
I don't know what your question is. People here, Gem. for example, like to put words in people's mouths.
No dodge. Read my posts above. I am very clear.

Pretending not to know what someone is asking is a favorite past time in here. I am more interested in an honest discussion. I've now asked my question multiple times, and clarified it in my post just before this one. You clearly don't want to answer - for what reason I cannot fathom. Either you don't have a problem with a 31 year old getting a 13 year old pregnant, or you are unwilling to admit that it is a problem because you are more interested in gamesmanship (which would require categorical support of Planned Parenthood and a refusal to acknowledge they may have done something wrong) than honest discussion.

I'll try this one last time and divorce it from the video entirely by re-stating the question I've already posed at least twice. This will be a very plain re-statement of my question, so there will be no doubt as to what I am asking.

Question: If, hypothetically, a nurse at Planned Parenthood helped to cover up that a 13 year old girl became pregnant by a 31 year old man, or refused to report that pregnancy to the proper authorities, do you think that nurse would be in the wrong?

Pretending not to know what someone is asking is a favorite past time in here. I am more interested in an honest discussion. I've now asked my question multiple times, and clarified it in my post just before this one. You clearly don't want to answer - for what reason I cannot fathom. Either you don't have a problem with a 31 year old getting a 13 year old pregnant, or you are unwilling to admit that it is a problem because you are more interested in gamesmanship (which would require categorical support of Planned Parenthood and a refusal to acknowledge they may have done something wrong) than honest discussion.

I'll try this one last time and divorce it from the video entirely by re-stating the question I've already posed at least twice. This will be a very plain re-statement of my question, so there will be no doubt as to what I am asking.

Question: If, hypothetically, a nurse at Planned Parenthood helped to cover up that a 13 year old girl became pregnant by a 31 year old man, or refused to report that pregnancy to the proper authorities, do you think that nurse would be in the wrong?

Thanks for stating the question clearly. Yes, she was wrong to tell the girl ahe would not report the fact that she had sex with a 31 tear old man. It's not clear if she was ever given the opportunity to report it since the whole thing was a hoax.
She probably guessed this was a case of statutory rape, not violent rape and she knew that the girl would probably never get her abortion if the police were informed immediately.
I believe I heard the nurse resigned. Now I hope the assholes that baited her are prosecuted.

Thanks Anguille, I appreciate it. Hard to get a straight answer in here.

I'd be leery of prosecuting the people who filmed it. After all, undercover reporting is a technique used by journalists all the time, and it should get the full benefit of 1st amendment protections.

And I'm pro-choice, by the way. That doesn't really impact this issue, but there are more than a couple people around here who assume everyone has an agenda.

Thanks Anguille, I appreciate it. Hard to get a straight answer in here.

I'd be leery of prosecuting the people who filmed it. After all, undercover reporting is a technique used by journalists all the time, and it should get the full benefit of 1st amendment protections.

And I'm pro-choice, by the way. That doesn't really impact this issue, but there are more than a couple people around here who assume everyone has an agenda.

We'll see if the laws Luisa brought up will be applied. I doubt Planned Parenthood will press charges even though they fought vhard to get protections from people who harrass patients at abortion clinics by photographing them and then trying to shame them by threatening to publicize the photos.
Maybe the nurse will sue them. They are not above the law.

I think I understand your frustration with forum communication. OTOH I don't think Anguille is necessarily dodging. You seem to have a particular implication in mind, and I wasn't sure what it was either. :)

But I will answer your question the best I can. I think the nurse was trying to do what she thought was the best first course of action. Anyone in that situation has to prioritize and we really don't know everything that was said on either side. Clearly the people making the video had an agenda so I think that needs to be kept in mind. We don't know if the nurse also talked to her more about the relationship she was in. We don't know if they talked for an hour and this was the only 2 minutes they could use to make the case that PP is evil incarnate. Ad I know the video is like 4 minutes long but there's barely 2 minutes of video that they used it keeps repeating repeating repeating to hammer hammer hammer the point home. It's obviously propaganda that why it's so hard to believe how the anti-PP people are going at this. I know most anti-PP people are conservative and don't like Mike Moore's movies, guess what, this is the same thing. If you think you can't just believe a Mike Moore movie then you should be really thinking hard about why you're buying what you see in this video.

So my answer, is yes the nurse was trying to help her in the best way she thought she could. And we can "what if" all night long but we will never know everything that was said. We don't know if the part where she said she would get thrown out if she was found to be pregnant was edited out. If you don't believe the nurse was at least trying to help the girl then you must believe she's an evil baby hating bitch that's trying to exterminate the next generation 1 baby at a time. Can you really say you believe that???

This whole thing is really just incredible. Just because you saw it on YouTube doesn't mean it was true.

We'll see if the laws Luisa brought up will be applied. I doubt Planned Parenthood will press charges even though they fought vhard to get protections from people who harrass patients at abortion clinics by photographing them and then trying to shame them by threatening to publicize the photos.
Maybe the nurse will sue them. They are not above the law.

Those laws are one thing, but the 1st amendment trumps them.

I think I understand your frustration with forum communication. OTOH I don't think Anguille is necessarily dodging. You seem to have a particular implication in mind, and I wasn't sure what it was either. :)

But I will answer your question the best I can. I think the nurse was trying to do what she thought was the best first course of action. Anyone in that situation has to prioritize and we really don't know everything that was said on either side. Clearly the people making the video had an agenda so I think that needs to be kept in mind. We don't know if the nurse also talked to her more about the relationship she was in. We don't know if they talked for an hour and this was the only 2 minutes they could use to make the case that PP is evil incarnate. Ad I know the video is like 4 minutes long but there's barely 2 minutes of video that they used it keeps repeating repeating repeating to hammer hammer hammer the point home. It's obviously propaganda that why it's so hard to believe how the anti-PP people are going at this. I know most anti-PP people are conservative and don't like Mike Moore's movies, guess what, this is the same thing. If you think you can't just believe a Mike Moore movie then you should be really thinking hard about why you're buying what you see in this video.

So my answer, is yes the nurse was trying to help her in the best way she thought she could. And we can "what if" all night long but we will never know everything that was said. We don't know if the part where she said she would get thrown out if she was found to be pregnant was edited out. If you don't believe the nurse was at least trying to help the girl then you must believe she's an evil baby hating bitch that's trying to exterminate the next generation 1 baby at a time. Can you really say you believe that???

This whole thing is really just incredible. Just because you saw it on YouTube doesn't mean it was true.

I agree with what you say here. That's why I tried to state in my hypothetical question the assumption that what we saw is an accurate portrayal. If it isn't , then that's another matter entirely.

I agree with what you say here. That's why I tried to state in my hypothetical question the assumption that what we saw is an accurate portrayal. If it isn't , then that's another matter entirely.

If it isn't???? :cuckoo:

Even if it's 100% accurate in what it shows there is still a lot it doesn't show, that's where my doubt comes in.

If I were in the nurses position I would have to prioritize the concerns. Is sex between a 31 and 13 year old troubling? Yes, of course. Does it trump any other possible concern? Not necessarily. That's why I don't think this is a good example to make hypothetical. Even as a thought exercise it leaves too many areas grey.

Even if it were where the 13 year old comes in and asks for condoms so she can have sex with a 31 year old there are still questions that aren't answered. And if she hasn't done it yet, so there is no crime, do you refuse her the condoms? I wouldn't. Because you still have to prioritize. if you can't stop her she can at least have some protection, so you have to give her the condoms.

This hardly meets the definition of blackmail.

I did not say it did. I was pointing out to you that there are laws which limit the 1st amendment to protect people in places like Planned Parenthood.

Do you think those people did the right thing in creating that hoax and editing the secret video they took?

Even if it's 100% accurate in what it shows there is still a lot it doesn't show, that's where my doubt comes in.

If I were in the nurses position I would have to prioritize the concerns. Is sex between a 31 and 13 year old troubling? Yes, of course. Does it trump any other possible concern? Not necessarily. That's why I don't think this is a good example to make hypothetical. Even as a thought exercise it leaves too many areas grey.

Even if it were where the 13 year old comes in and asks for condoms so she can have sex with a 31 year old there are still questions that aren't answered. And if she hasn't done it yet, so there is no crime, do you refuse her the condoms? I wouldn't. Because you still have to prioritize. if you can't stop her she can at least have some protection, so you have to give her the condoms.

Good points.

Forum List

Back