Planned Parenthood Exposed - New Undercover Video

I had a completely different experience from you. I was in college too and had previously had a disasterous experience at a gynecologists. These women were warm, comforting, and knowledeable. Of course, I was a late bloomer. I wasn't seeking birth control until I was 21.

I found Planned Parenthood a wonderful resource for health care as a young woman, and I find them the same way as a now middle aged woman.

It's most likely like any chain business... Each office is different. The one in Riverside California wasn't welcoming at all in the late 80's.

I've found most gynecologists are on the cold end. I still go to a midwife / nurse practitioner. Unless, it's something out side of her abilities. I also found they where best when it comes to having babies too.

It's most likely like any chain business... Each office is different. The one in Riverside California wasn't welcoming at all in the late 80's.

I've found most gynecologists are on the cold end. I still go to a midwife / nurse practitioner. Unless, it's something out side of her abilities. I also found they where best when it comes to having babies too.

Most of the women practitioners who work at Planned Parenthood in my rural county are midwife/nurse practitioners.

Actually yes... When I was in college (16-19yrs old). I found they where cold and impersonal. They just shuffled me through. I was no more than a check to them as far as I could tell.

IMO your "experience" is colored by your opinion that the organization and it's hard to take what you say seriously knowing how you feel about PP.

and BTW, HIPPA states that a medical provider can't reveal any information about a patient without their express consent unless under court order to do so.

The fact that this story was based on lies calls into question the validity of the findings in the first place. When you have to lie and manipulate to get the results you want then it shows your logic is faulty to begin with IMO.

At the time I didn't have views on this. I was young. I was also a democrate up until I was 25. I saw my first midwife while I was in the service and pregnant with my first born.

In watching this VERY edited video it makes me think some things have been cut out. The PP nurse is very clear that this should be reported to the authorities but it seems the "girl" hedges saying he's not that old and it's clear that she doesn't want him reported.

No offense to anyone with young girls but most of them are WAY beyond what we think of as 13 and 14 year old girls these days. The things many of these girls do would curl your hair. It's disturbing and IMO this nurse seemed more concerned with this girls welfare than with scaring her off by saying she HAD to report her.

If that had been a real 13 year old girl and the nurse pressed the issue there is every reason to believe she'd have ran out of there and either tried to self-induce the abortion OR worse, carried the baby to term in secret and then threw it into a dumpster.

INo offense to anyone with young girls but most of them are WAY beyond what we think of as 13 and 14 year old girls these days. The things many of these girls do would curl your hair. It's disturbing and IMO this nurse seemed more concerned with this girls welfare than with scaring her off by saying she HAD to report her.

Rent 13 (Thirteen (2003)) it came out when I was 13. When I watched this with friends we laughed because we had done all that and more and we were from Kansas!

Rent 13 (Thirteen (2003)) it came out when I was 13. When I watched this with friends we laughed because we had done all that and more and we were from Kansas!

I just feel blessed that my 14 year old isn't your "typical" 14 year old. She still cares what I think and she still listens to me and talks to me about everything. I have friends whose daughters are freakin nightmares.

I just feel blessed that my 14 year old isn't your "typical" 14 year old. She still cares what I think and she still listens to me and talks to me about everything. I have friends whose daughters are freakin nightmares.

Don't let me talk to her... I could help her go from mommy's little helper to nightmare in no time.

LOL :tongue:

I moved away from all my old friends to get a fresh start but I used to be quite the hell raiser.

Don't let me talk to her... I could help her go from mommy's little helper to nightmare in no time.

LOL :tongue:

I moved away from all my old friends to get a fresh start but I used to be quite the hell raiser.

:lol: she already has friends like that.

it's just her and I and she knows that her ass will move to TN to live with her father if she gives me any shit.... she likes warm weather...she's a smart girl :tongue:

I've been telling you people all along. Planned Parenthood is a bogus money-making butcher shop that doesn't answer to anybody.

You'll note that they issued a statement saying they were conducting an "internal" investigation. They should be prosecuted criminally.

I've been telling you people all along. Planned Parenthood is a bogus money-making butcher shop that doesn't answer to anybody.

You'll note that they issued a statement saying they were conducting an "internal" investigation. They should be prosecuted criminally.
Why? No crime was actually committed since this little twinkie wasn't pregnant or a minor.

If there is truth to it PP will fire the nurse.

You have no problem with them refusing to report 13 year olds who are pregnant?

What happened to your righteous indignation over the alleged under-18s who were getting married and having babies?

Oh, that's right. It's okay to rape babies, so long as they are coerced into abortions.

You have no problem with them refusing to report 13 year olds who are pregnant?

What happened to your righteous indignation over the alleged under-18s who were getting married and having babies?

Oh, that's right. It's okay to rape babies, so long as they are coerced into abortions.
She wasn't 13 and she wasn't pregnant.

I don't blame the nurse for following her conscience. If she truly thought what she was doing was right and intended no harm how can there be wrongdoing? I wouldn't hesitate to break a law if I thought it served a higher purpose.

And FWIW, I don't think of PP as being in the abortion business. I've visited a PP office and they were very heavy on giving info and trying to prevent pregnancy in the first place. Maybe if you show up after the fact and you're pregnant they take a different tact, but pushing abortion didn't seem like their thing to me.

My friend had several kids, and when she found she was pregnant again, she went to Planned Parenthood. They kept talking to her about abortion, she kept trying to talk about adoption and they kept turning it back to abortion. She left that office in tears.

A 13 year old girl had an abortion, the parents were not notified and the girl died of complications from the abortion. This was a LEGAL abortion. Now her mother is out campaigning in favor of abortion. What the heck? I'd be all over the people who didn't tell me my 13 year old had an abortion so I could watch her for symptoms and see that she got help if she needed it.

I don't have any daughters, but if I did and one of them was under 18 and lived with me and had an abortion and I wasn't informed, I'd be all over the people that gave her the abortion, especially if she died from complications.

I knew a 15 year old girl that had an abortion. She'd gone to planned parenthood when she found out she was pregnant and they helped her get an abortion without telling her parents. Afterwords, she felt guilty and confessed to her parents what she had done. The whole family went to counseling and she confessed to me that had she talked to her parents before aborting her child, she's have her child with her and she wouldn't have the guilt she had.

In fact, with ONE exception, every person I've met that's had an abortion has regretted it. Now if even ONE person regrets an abortion after the fact, something is wrong.

IMO, they need to change their name from "Planned Parenthood" to "Abortion at all costs".

Good for you and your family!

I think that the behavior of our youth is directly correlated to the lack of parenting being done these days. Kids grow up in daycare without much parental guidance, so they act out for attention because it's the only way they know. Parents are to busy working and trying to acquire as much stuff as they can, meanwhile our children suffer. I would rather be broke and have a parent at home with my children than have both parents work and my kids in daycare.

/rant

I dunno, EZ. I think it depends on the parents attitude. Honestly, I can't imagine a relationship with my daughter that would cause her enough fear that she wouldn't tell me she was pregnant.

I still doubt this story. Clinics aren't in the habit of giving out advice before the pregnancy test and I don't think this woman was actually pregnant.

They are called mandatory report laws for a reason. Those of us who have worked in youth-serving agencies understand there is a potential penalty directed at us for NOT reporting child abuse.

And, clearly, 13 and 31 is statutory rape, and verges on child molestation, which is a felony offense. Anyone who works in a field where they serve this age group has been REPEATEDLY TRAINED on the mandatory report laws, and realizes that they are risking their professional career, and potential freedom, for not reporting.

The fact that this story was based on lies calls into question the validity of the findings in the first place. When you have to lie and manipulate to get the results you want then it shows your logic is faulty to begin with IMO.

No, it doesn't. This is exactly how police agencies investigate sales to underaged minors. They have individuals POSE as an underaged minor with either fraudulent or no identification, and determine whether the bar serves them or not. If the bartender serves the person who is acting in an underaged role, he/she can be fined in the thousands of dollars.

In this instance, the reporter, who probably looked quite young, gave a false age and story to determine how the planned parenthood staff handled her. This is an entirely valid way to test their compliance with the mandatory report laws, and their professionalism.

For the record: EPIC FAIL.

Sequelae of Abortion

REQUIREMENT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL TREATMENT:
In a study of post-abortion patients only 8 weeks after their abortion, researchers found that 44% complained of nervous disorders, 36% had experienced sleep disturbances, 31% had regrets about their decision, and 11% had been prescribed psychotropic medicine by their family doctor. (2) A 5 year retrospective study in two Canadian provinces found significantly greater use of medical and psychiatric services among aborted women. Most significant was the finding that 25% of aborted women made visits to psychiatrists as compared to 3% of the control group. (3) Women who have had abortions are significantly more likely than others to subsequently require admission to a psychiatric hospital. At especially high risk are teenagers, separated or divorced women, and women with a history of more than one abortion. (4)

Since many post-aborted women use repression as a coping mechanism, there may be a long period of denial before a woman seeks psychiatric care. These repressed feelings may cause psychosomatic illnesses and psychiatric or behavioral in other areas of her life. As a result, some counselors report that unacknowledged post-abortion distress is the causative factor in many of their female patients, even though their patients have come to them seeking therapy for seemingly unrelated problems. (5)

POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER (PTSD or PAS): A major random study found that a minimum of 19% of post- abortion women suffer from diagnosable post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Approximately half had many, but not all, symptoms of PTSD, and 20 to 40 percent showed moderate to high levels of stress and avoidance behavior relative to their abortion experiences. (6) Because this is a major disorder which may be present in many plaintiffs, and is not readily understood outside the counseling profession, the following summary is more complete than other entries in this section. PTSD is a psychological dysfunction which results from a traumatic experience which overwhelms a person's normal defense mechanisms resulting in intense fear, feelings of helplessness or being trapped, or loss of control. The risk that an experience will be traumatic is increased when the traumatizing event is perceived as including threats of physical injury, sexual violation, or the witnessing of or participation in a violent death. PTSD results when the traumatic event causes the hyperarousal of "flight or fight" defense mechanisms. This hyperarousal causes these defense mechanisms to become disorganized, disconnected from present circumstances, and take on a life of their own resulting in abnormal behavior and major personality disorders. As an example of this disconnection of mental functions, some PTSD victim may experience intense emotion but without clear memory of the event; others may remember every detail but without emotion; still others may reexperience both the event and the emotions in intrusive and overwhelming flashback experiences. (7)

Women may experience abortion as a traumatic event for several reasons. Many are forced into an unwanted abortions by husbands, boyfriends, parents, or others. If the woman has repeatedly been a victim of domineering abuse, such an unwanted abortion may be perceived as the ultimate violation in a life characterized by abuse. Other women, no matter how compelling the reasons they have for seeking an abortion, may still perceive the termination of their pregnancy as the violent killing of their own child. The fear, anxiety, pain, and guilt associated with the procedure are mixed into this perception of grotesque and violent death. Still other women, report that the pain of abortion, inflicted upon them by a masked stranger invading their body, feels identical to rape. (8) Indeed, researchers have found that women with a history of sexual assault may experience greater distress during and after an abortion exactly because of these associations between the two experiences. (9) When the stressor leading to PTSD is abortion, some clinicians refer to this as Post-Abortion Syndrome (PAS).

A LIST OF MAJOR PSYCHOLOGICAL SEQUELAE OF ABORTION

Good for you and your family!

I think that the behavior of our youth is directly correlated to the lack of parenting being done these days. Kids grow up in daycare without much parental guidance, so they act out for attention because it's the only way they know. Parents are to busy working and trying to acquire as much stuff as they can, meanwhile our children suffer. I would rather be broke and have a parent at home with my children than have both parents work and my kids in daycare.

/rant

What you say sounds good and a lot of people believe it but I have a different view and maybe you'll see some truth in it. Since you're new you don't know me so let me tell you I'm 18 and come from a Baptist family. I grew up in Kansas which is probably as conservative as any place.

I had a strong parental influence. I went to church and did many family-based activities. I have never set a foot in daycare, my mother stayed home with us kids. We didn't have a lot of stuff. My dad still drives an old truck, my mom has a newer car but it's not flashy, she only has it because the old one finally died and couldn't be revived.

I think a lot of the problem is that by 13-14 your body is completely functional and you can't wait to use it. It doesn't matter that you're told not to. I had most of my early sexual experiences at church functions. I don't know what the solution is but I can tell you that warning kids of the consequences won't do anything. The only kids it's going to stop weren't going to do anything anyway.

Forum List

Back