Planned Parenthood wants kids to get puberty blockers

It doesn't take a genius to deduce that giving children powerful hormones during critical growth phases might affect them for many years at least. Its one thing if the child is suffering from cancer or other severe illnesses that will kill them to death. There the risk may well be worth it.

But to do it just because the kid decides he wants to transition into a cross dresser is textbook malpractice.

I really think future generations are going to look back at us and declare us barbaric for interfering with normal growth processes simply to conform to cosmetic whims, much like we consider head and foot binding to be barbaric.
This is like the stories we heard of back in the 50's and 60's about women who were having their little toes amputated so they could fit their feet into very narrow, pointed shoes.

x10,0000.

It's fashion and nothing more.

Depraved and disgusting, slicing children like sacrificial lambs over fashion.

:mad:

More evidence presented by clinical studies: “Dr Michael Biggs (an advisor to SEGM) has been calling for the release of data from the Tavistock’s experiment since 2019. A subset of the data were finally released following the judicial review into puberty suppression at the Tavistock clinic. Biggs’ reanalysis has just been published in the Journal of Paediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism. It finds that after two years on GnRHa, the Z-scores for a significant minority of the children had declined to a level that should trigger clinical concern. For the hip, one third of Z-scores were below -2. For the spine, over a quarter of Z-scores were below the threshold of -2. Some had even fallen below ‑3; such low bone density is found in only 0.13% of the population.”

“The rapid rise in bone mineral density normally in adolescence is critical for maximising the peak bone mass of early adulthood that acts as a key mitigant against osteoporosis and fractures. Any loss of bone mineral density in adolescence is abnormal and may compromise peak bone mass. That most trans and gender diverse adolescents lose bone mass is therefore concerning.”

The above studies are not unique by any means. Readers can find many reputable sources to support the medical findings above.
I'm not sure if you noticed the part in your first link where it said bone loss became medically concerning in a significant minority of cases.

As for the second one I have no reason to doubt their concerns but those risks have to be weighed against the risks of not treating those suffering gender dysphoria and so far there's no conclusive proof that long term harm exists, only concern. Which is healthy. We should always be striving to provide better and better Healthcare.

Good luck J-mac with “pinning down” (his phrase not mine) CG for a basic answer to your straightforward question. Several posts later he still has not answered it. Shocking! Lol
Are you still hurt by that phrase Claire? 😄 Snowflakes, the lot of you.

Although puberty blocker drugs are relatively new, surgery to stop puberty have been around for hundreds of years.

And the medical records definitely indicate long term problems with it.

I really think future generations are going to look back at us and declare us barbaric for interfering with normal growth processes simply to conform to cosmetic whims, much like we consider head and foot binding to be barbaric.

You think they will? I know they will, and honestly I'm surprised that it isn't illegal. If Trump were still president it would be.

This is like the stories we heard of back in the 50's and 60's about women who were having their little toes amputated so they could fit their feet into very narrow, pointed shoes.

x10,0000.

Yeah, it's all very sad and disgusting. :(

x10,0000.

In all seriousness, kids are notorious for changing their minds about what they want to be. One day it's SpiderMan, the next a dinosaur. We don't let them get tattoos because they are permanent, and that pales in significance to this. No, they should NOT be messed with until they are adults and can make life destroying decisions for themselves.

We have gone so far in the direction of not wanting anyone to even be uncomfortable that we don't have to courage to tell kids that it's better and healthier to let their bodies develop naturally. And, quite frankly, can we blame them for thinking that they know better when you can watch any kid-oriented TV show today and see that kids run things while adults, particularly Mom and Dad, are always clueless idiots?

Well then why should anyone give a shit that something you know nothing about sounds dangerous to you? 😄

When it comes to medical decisions I don't look for advice from commoners, I look to medical professionals.
How’d that blind trust work out during COVID? With all the wrong claims made by Fauci and such causing so much damage and harm

You have a brain, you’re allowed to use it

Are you still hurt by that phrase Claire? 😄 Snowflakes, the lot of you.
Yes. I have lost 3 nights of sleep since you used that hurtful phrase! You are beginning to provide comic relief but doubtful that you recognize it. You should continue with your words salad games to keep it entertaining. Predictable is boring though, and you have boring down in spades;)

Although puberty blocker drugs are relatively new, surgery to stop puberty have been around for hundreds of years.

And the medical records definitely indicate long term problems with it.

Again, how isn't this bullshit illegal yet?

In all seriousness, kids are notorious for changing their minds about what they want to be. One day it's SpiderMan, the next a dinosaur. We don't let them get tattoos because they are permanent, and that pales in significance to this. No, they should NOT be messed with until they are adults and can make life destroying decisions for themselves.

We have gone so far in the direction of not wanting anyone to even be uncomfortable that we don't have to courage to tell kids that it's better and healthier to let their bodies develop naturally. And, quite frankly, can we blame them for thinking that they know better when you can watch any kid-oriented TV show today and see that kids run things while adults, particularly Mom and Dad, are always clueless idiots?

You're exactly right. The first Tranny I ever saw on TV was Christine Jorgensen chatting up Dave Susskind on PBS when I was a kid. It was certainly bizarre, but Mr. Jorgensen was a full grown adult and a WW2 military veteran when he choose to become a broad- or more correctly, a reasonable facsimile of a broad.

That's a LOT different and a lot less objectionable than doing it to children.

How’d that blind trust work out during COVID? With all the wrong claims made by Fauci and such causing so much damage and harm

You have a brain, you’re allowed to use it
I do have a brain. I also have many family members who work in the Healthcare profession from doctors to surgeons, to researchers and my wife is nurse who spent most of the pandemic working in Covid wards. They all recommended the vaccine and I got it along with my boosters and it's worked out just fine.

Yes. I have lost 3 nights of sleep since you used that hurtful phrase! You are beginning to provide comic relief but doubtful that you recognize it. You should continue with your words salad games to keep it entertaining. Predictable is boring though, and you have boring down in spades;)
You should continue to focus on the nonsense least I keep making you look desperate. You don't seem all that interested in improving Trans care, you seem more interested in criticizing the people providing that care. But I see you.

I do have a brain. I also have many family members who work in the Healthcare profession from doctors to surgeons, to researchers and my wife is nurse who spent most of the pandemic working in Covid wards. They all recommended the vaccine and I got it along with my boosters and it's worked out just fine.
That’s nice. But you advocate for blindly trusting Medical professionals.. this throughout history you’d have believed some REALLY f’d up things, and would have been wrong a lot.

That’s nice. But you advocate for blindly trusting Medical professionals.. this throughout history you’d have believed some REALLY f’d up things, and would have been wrong a lot.
Nope. You folks really can't help yourselves with the fallacies can you? I don't think you should blindly follow anyone. You should do your own research and consult multiple opinions if you're unsure or uneasy about a recommendation from your physician. I happen to know quite a few physicians I trust intimately so I don't really have that problem.

Sad, disgusting, and REALLY fucked up.
At the very least, if a government entity is going willing to violate the parents' rights and do this to the kids, it should also be willing to deal with any fallout such as bungled surgeries or wrongly administered drugs. Leftists, though, are not really good at dealing with the consequences of their choices and actions. As long as they get their warm and fuzzies, they're okay.

Forum List

Back