Please, if you are going to post in here, do everybody a favor

Sort of but not the way you say... in reality, you're an asshole, and you think that being an asshole = winning debates.

Which of course is not true. If you could be an asshole AND win debates, that would be great.

But you can't.

i see him ''win'' debates here every day..

And at least do some research, not only on your topic, but on correct debate/discussion FORM.

I can't tell you how annoying it is to go into a discussion that has potential to be really interesting, and see 2 or 3 rejects doing nothing but trolling and spinning, while proclaiming their superiority.

Here's the truth..you can't win a debate purely by being an asshole. Just because people don't engage with you doesn't mean you've made a point. And just because you've derailed the thread doesn't mean you're a fabulous conversationalist. It just means you're disruptive and probably not worth talking to.

For starters:

"Two intellectually-honest tactics
There are two intellectually-honest debate tactics:

1. pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts
2. pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic
That’s it. Simple! The dishonest list is much longer."

Intellectually-honest and intellectually-dishonest debate tactics

Point out errors in facts or logic, and that's it. Don't pose stupid questions meant to make a point that only you can decipher. Don't post repeatedly how stupid your opponent is. Don't declare victory or present a long-winded rant as *fact*. You just look like an idiot, and you bore everybody to death.

"Rules of debate
All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest. Generally, the federal rules of evidence of our courts attempt to make the argument or debate there intellectually honest. Roberts Rules of Order, which were written by my fellow West Point Graduate (Class of 1857) Henry Martyn Robert, are used to govern debate in many organization meetings. For example, one of Robert’s Rules, Number 43 says,

“It is not allowable to arraign the motives of a member, but the nature or consequences of a measure may be condemned in strong terms. It is not the man, but the measure, that is the subject of debate.”

Some debate organizations have rules like the Code of the Debater from the University of Virginia which says among other things:

“I will research my topic and know what I am talking about.

“I will be honest about my arguments and evidence and those of others.

The Federal Rules of Evidence are also excellent. Here is an excellent summary of them in the form of a Wikipedia list of objections to questions that lawyers can make in court. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List of_objections_(law) Some Federal Rules of Evidence are technical and therefore do not apply outside of a court room, like beyond the scope which refers to the fact that in a cross examination, you cannot ask a question that does not relate to the other lawyer’s questions of the same witness during his direct examination."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Here's the truth..you can't win a debate purely by being an asshole. .

jN1mrbv.gif

Did you note my use of the word "purely"?

It doesn't mean one can't win a debate AND be an asshole.

But that's one of the things that trolls who depend on fallacy can't understand.

I win debates every day and the people who lose to me think I'm an asshole.

Is that what you mean?

Sort of but not the way you say... in reality, you're an asshole, and you think that being an asshole = winning debates.

Which of course is not true. If you could be an asshole AND win debates, that would be great.

But you can't.
Typical right wing drone.

I'm sorry

I thought these boards were for informal opinions, not for formal debate.

Hey, did I just use an honest debate tactic?:alcoholic:

jN1mrbv.gif

But that's one of the things that trolls who depend on fallacy can't understand.

Is that what you mean?

But you can't.

"Stereotyping: debater “proves” his point about a particular person by citing a stereotype that supposedly applies to the group that opponent is a member of."

Is that what you mean?

But you can't.

"Stereotyping: debater “proves” his point about a particular person by citing a stereotype that supposedly applies to the group that opponent is a member of."

Typical right wing drone response.

And at least do some research, not only on your topic, but on correct debate/discussion FORM.

I can't tell you how annoying it is to go into a discussion that has potential to be really interesting, and see 2 or 3 rejects doing nothing but trolling and spinning, while proclaiming their superiority.

Here's the truth..you can't win a debate purely by being an asshole. Just because people don't engage with you doesn't mean you've made a point. And just because you've derailed the thread doesn't mean you're a fabulous conversationalist. It just means you're disruptive and probably not worth talking to.

For starters:

Point out errors in facts or logic, and that's it. Don't pose stupid questions meant to make a point that only you can decipher. Don't post repeatedly how stupid your opponent is. Don't declare victory or present a long-winded rant as *fact*. You just look like an idiot, and you bore everybody to death.

This is especially hilarious coming from you! You do more trolling and spinning than any poster I know - with the exception of a few who are just trying to rack up posts for the monthly USMB contest. I rank you as the most dishonest poster on USMB. Period.

Get the far left to stop acting like two year olds and this will be a much better place..

They will post known bunk and expect others to prove them wrong!

They will post it over and over again even though it is not true.

The far left religion is destroying the planet..

And that is a fact..

Wow, that koshergrl really need a lesson from our OP!!

For starters:

This is especially hilarious coming from you! You do more trolling and spinning than any poster I know - with the exception of a few who are just trying to rack up posts for the monthly USMB contest. I rank you as the most dishonest poster on USMB. Period.

The irony of those comments from a far left drone!

Talk about dishonest! All you far left drones are dishonest!

Says the far left drone that is here to bash someone they do not like. The far left religious sect is the most dishonest religion on the face of the planet.

I don't really think many on this site understand the criteria with which something can be scientifically labeled "logical"

Many seem to think logical means something "makes sense"

If something is logical, it's something like 1 + 1 = 2

jN1mrbv.gif

Is that what you mean?

Those that win debates with you think the very same thing so?

So they're wrong. On two counts.

For starters:

Please, if you are going to post here, do everybody a favor...

...and reconsider.

I've never thought of this place as a "debate" forum.

Seems like a pretty solid majority of the posts are personal insults, name calling, straw men and/or blatant partisan hyperbole.

Just sayin'.

UP YOURS!!!! :D

This thread is hilarious farce...
The new York times.
I laughed until I stopped.
The national enquirer.

This thread is hilarious farce...
The new York times.
I laughed until I stopped.
The national enquirer.

See how the far left drones do not want a discussion or debate, they want to push their far left religious agenda not based on facts..

For starters:

Please, if you are going to post here, do everybody a favor...

...and reconsider.

Oh the irony impaired far left drones and their comments!

Forum List

Back