🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Plenty of "Good Guys with Guns" But 6 Injured Anyway

Is there someplace that says how many shots were fired? I hear about 4. It looks like a hi point carbine to me which usually has a 10 round magazine.

I didn't see any description of the number of shots fired.

Have you come up with a link concerning the 1000 gang shootings for ever legal owner of high capacity magazines?

So she didn't need a hi cap magazine. Thanks for the support.

considering there have been like 10 mass shootings in the last decade I think your estimates are just a tad high

I have asked him for a link but he hasn't given one, whereas he claimed that without a link something didn't happen.

Do you really doubt that criminals fire way more shots from hi cap magazines than defenders do? I don't think you do.

I know plenty of shooters that will fire in excess of 1,000 rounds a month.

But your own standard was if we cannot provide a link it didn't happen. So if you can't provide a link you are making up the numbers?

I have 20 round clips. 30 round, 70 round drums, 100 round drums. I use them all the time and they've never killed a single person

And what of great importance are you using them for?

Is there some law that requires they be used for only things of great importance?

He has never killed anyone with them. Should he have them taken away?

I guess then cars shouldn't have turn signals and headlights. Who cares about public safety right? Sorry but I think lives are more important than some fool wasting lots of ammo and being too lazy to reload a magazine often.

I have asked him for a link but he hasn't given one, whereas he claimed that without a link something didn't happen.

Do you really doubt that criminals fire way more shots from hi cap magazines than defenders do? I don't think you do.

But your own standard was if we cannot provide a link it didn't happen. So if you can't provide a link you are making up the numbers?

Really, 1000 rounds a month defending himself? Where is it you live?

Is there someplace that says how many shots were fired? I hear about 4. It looks like a hi point carbine to me which usually has a 10 round magazine.

Have you come up with a link concerning the 1000 gang shootings for ever legal owner of high capacity magazines?

I don't know how many rounds she fired. I only know that banning magazines is both a waste of time and only hurts legal shooters. There is no legitimate reason for the ban.

Did I say they fired 1,000 rounds defending themselves? No I did not.

So I guess you have no link and were making up the numbers? Thanks for the support.

I don't know how many rounds she fired. I only know that banning magazines is both a waste of time and only hurts legal shooters. There is no legitimate reason for the ban.

Well it is great support for defense not needing a hi cap magazine. Thanks.

And what of great importance are you using them for?

Is there some law that requires they be used for only things of great importance?

I guess then cars shouldn't have turn signals and headlights. Who cares about public safety right? Sorry but I think lives are more important than some fool wasting lots of ammo and being too lazy to reload a magazine often.

You are comparing apples to oranges.

I have shown where the problem lies, and you are still focused on something that would possibly reduce the number of people shot in a mass shooting, nothing more. And could very well put a legal gun owner in danger if he were attacked by 2 or 3 thugs who did not worry about the laws you propose.

Did I say they fired 1,000 rounds defending themselves? No I did not.

So I guess you have no link and were making up the numbers? Thanks for the support.

Well I'm saying criminals empty hi cap magazines way more than anyone does in defense. It's pretty much common sense since defense uses 2 shots on average.

I have shown where the problem lies, and you are still focused on something that would possibly reduce the number of people shot in a mass shooting, nothing more. And could very well put a legal gun owner in danger if he were attacked by 2 or 3 thugs who did not worry about the laws you propose.

We have laws that cars need turn signals and headlights for public safety. I say we need a magazine capacity limit for public safety.

Why fight for hi cap magazines? You said that you can reload so fast it doesn't matter? Yet you argue like it does matter? I'm not sure you even believe yourself.

No, it is not. The best you have done is show what the average defensive shooting did. You have no way of know what all the defensive shooting did. How many of the 480 odd shootings involved only one shot fired by the defender??

The problem with the article you quoted is that it does not state where the MOST rounds were fired. Just the average. 10 of the shootings could have fired 15 rounds and the average could still be 2 rounds per shooting.

No, it is not. The best you have done is show what the average defensive shooting did. You have no way of know what all the defensive shooting did. How many of the 480 odd shootings involved only one shot fired by the defender??

The problem with the article you quoted is that it does not state where the MOST rounds were fired. Just the average. 10 of the shootings could have fired 15 rounds and the average could still be 2 rounds per shooting.

Well then they will just reload fast like you have already said. It doesn't matter right? You can't have both sides of the argument, that's dishonest.

We have laws that cars need turn signals and headlights for public safety. I say we need a magazine capacity limit for public safety.

Why fight for hi cap magazines? You said that you can reload so fast it doesn't matter? Yet you argue like it does matter? I'm not sure you even believe yourself.

Because there is ample evidence that accidents have happened when people were unaware that someone was turning.

My point has always been that you are going after someone else's choice without any real evidence that their choice does any harm.

And, as I said before, if the capacity is legally set at 10, and no change in the murder rates is seen, then there will be a push to reduce it to 7. If there IS a change shown, then why not reduce it further, so make it 7.

If 2 rounds is enough, then why not limit all guns to 3 rounds?

I am fighting against blaming the law abiding gun owner for the crimes of felons and the mentally ill. That is our fundamental disagreement. You see guns and gun owners as the danger. I see the criminals as the danger.

If any of you gun nuts were really interested in cutting the amount of gun violence, all you gotta do is make it illegal for any male under the age of 30 from owning a weapon of any sort. Enforced by long jail terms if even caught with a weapon while under the age of 30 and male. Never able to own a weapon again if caught. Make it hurt if you are under 30 with a gun.

But you all aren't interested in less violence. It would fuck with your professed need to own any and all weapons, you know, to protect yourselves from all the crazies with guns.

But I guess you all need the under 30 group to fight the revolution. Is that right?

What?

The boys in the Revolution were often 14 years old. Mongol children shoot arrows off horseback as early as 4 years old.

Our boys overseas are between 18-24.

Wtf are you talking about?

Oh, I figured it out, revolutions are primarily fought by (90%) of men form ages 17-28.

In other words, disarm the young men, since young men comprise of the overwhelming majority of manpower that is brought to bear against tyrants.

Because there is ample evidence that accidents have happened when people were unaware that someone was turning.

My point has always been that you are going after someone else's choice without any real evidence that their choice does any harm.

And, as I said before, if the capacity is legally set at 10, and no change in the murder rates is seen, then there will be a push to reduce it to 7. If there IS a change shown, then why not reduce it further, so make it 7.

I am fighting against blaming the law abiding gun owner for the crimes of felons and the mentally ill. That is our fundamental disagreement. You see guns and gun owners as the danger. I see the criminals as the danger.

I can point to every mass shooting involving a semi auto. That's pretty good evidence. I'm sure I can dig up plenty of gang bangers who fire 15 rounds and hit some poor kid sleeping in his room with a stray bullet. You have given one example of a woman fending off 3 thugs and not needing a hi cap magazine. That's all pretty good support for me.

What I'd like to see..........is in the past 20 years, how many Georgia Republican lawmakers supported budget cuts to the state's mental health system......where this shitbag should've been locked up in years ago.

Well then they will just reload fast like you have already said. It doesn't matter right? You can't have both sides of the argument, that's dishonest.

I am not arguing both sides. The fact that someone can, with practice, reload fast enough that the capacity does not matter was an illustration of the futility of banning hi cap magazines. The fact that a magazine ban will do little or nothing is clearly evident.

I can point to every mass shooting involving a semi auto. That's pretty good evidence. I'm sure I can dig up plenty of gang bangers who fire 15 rounds and hit some poor kid sleeping in his room with a stray bullet. You have given one example of a woman fending off 3 thugs and not needing a hi cap magazine. That's all pretty good support for me.

As I said, the gangbangers are not shopping at the local gun store. They are also using fully automatic weapons, which are illegal. Most of them have felony convictions, which means they cannot buy a gun anyway, right?

Oh, and I did offer a link. Something you have yet to do concerning you claim. Or would you prefer to admit you made the numbers up?

I am not arguing both sides. The fact that someone can, with practice, reload fast enough that the capacity does not matter was an illustration of the futility of banning hi cap magazines. The fact that a magazine ban will do little or nothing is clearly evident.

In the Giffords shooting the guy fired 31 times and then was stopped when he tried to reload. Your saying lives wouldn't have been saved if he only shot 6 times and then was stopped? That's just silly.

What I'd like to see..........is in the past 20 years, how many Georgia Republican lawmakers supported budget cuts to the state's mental health system......where this shitbag should've been locked up in years ago.

I would like to see the budget cuts to the state's mental health system reversed too.

But has there been anything said that he showed any symptoms of mental illness that would have prompted someone to get him some help?

Forum List

Back