Police body cams

Correll

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2015
I've heard an interesting report, second hand, from liberal defense lawyers.

They have been anticipating and advocating for more and more body cams on cops, because they "know" that "cops are bad", and they have wanted to use the footage to defend their poor, and innocent and falsely accused defendants.

BUT, it seems as body cams usage spreads, more and more they are finding the footage instead of helping their clients, being "prejudicial" to their clients.

I am disappointed that I did not predict this. In hindsight, it is obvious.

I look forward to seeing sentencing rise, as juries and judges actually get to see how the criminals actually behave, when they are not in the court room, after massive coaching from their defense lawyers on how to act like civilized people.

DIscuss?

I am disappointed that I did not predict this.
Not as smart as you thought maybe?

I hope to see a lot of cops busted because of camera's- then again, if there weren't so many stupid laws there wouldn't be a need for so many stupid cops- of course the few videos of bad cops proves that all cops are good and innocent- just like one belligerent drunk means they should all be tazed or beaten severely about the head and shoulders- and while you may feel the need to call me a liberal in a derogatory manner it don't mean squat and has no bearing on my response one way or another.

I hope to see a lot of cops busted because of camera's- then again, if there weren't so many stupid laws there wouldn't be a need for so many stupid cops- of course the few videos of bad cops proves that all cops are good and innocent- just like one belligerent drunk means they should all be tazed or beaten severely about the head and shoulders- and while you may feel the need to call me a liberal in a derogatory manner it don't mean squat and has no bearing on my response one way or another.

I doubt that many cops will get busted, since they're not core of the problem. Of course, there are always exceptions, but cops will keep doing their job regardless of camera presence. I hope more criminals will be convicted when video proof of their behavior gets played to the jury.

They have been anticipating and advocating for more and more body cams on cops, because they "know" that "cops are bad", and they have wanted to use the footage to defend their poor, and innocent and falsely accused defendants.

BUT, it seems as body cams usage spreads, more and more they are finding the footage instead of helping their clients, being "prejudicial" to their clients.

I look forward to seeing sentencing rise, as juries and judges actually get to see how the criminals actually behave, when they are not in the court room, after massive coaching from their defense lawyers on how to act like civilized people.

DIscuss?

I think within a couple of years, Liberal Trial lawyers will start advocating for the abolishment of body-cams by the police as they will see it as an obstruction to them making a good living in the Police Brutality Racket.

It won't be long before San Francisco, Portland and other liberal jurisdictions ban them as "racist".

Body cams help separate the good cops from the bad...any cop who truly loves to serve and protect the public DISLIKES bad cops just as much as anyone else should -- who cares what defense lawyers thought more body cams would reveal....

I just care that we have more cops wearing body cams than fewer......and for the cops who don't want to wear them, or try to turn them off -- those are more likely to be your bad cops -- and they should be weeded out

Jefferson on the Rule of Law

On this date, Thomas Jefferson wrote a letter to John B. Colvin, in which he opined:

The question you propose, whether circumstances do not sometimes occur, which make it a duty in officers of high trust, to assume authorities beyond the law, is easy of solution in principle, but sometimes embarrassing in practice. A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means.”

Jefferson was a bit more eloquent than I- I've been called cryptic, I prefer blunt-
To address what Jefferson said, succinctly: It depends on how stupid the law is.
Law en FORCE ment is one of those embarrassing times- the one thing the uniformed thugs abuse is discretion- stupid is as stupid does- one size does not fit all- one or one thousand is immaterial- dead is dead-

one belligerent drunk
Rodney King not only resisted arrest, he kicked a policeman for then he got a major beat down. Dont want to be beaten then dont fight a policeman, fight them in court....But then again, you lefties always say to "resist" and the then the typical results happen...

My brother is a cop and he's fine with the cameras

Complaints I've heard are more about not being able to call your wife or forgetting it is on, until after you have gone to the bathroom.

Nothing about cops being unhappy they can't be "Evul racist and just arrest black guys to keep the prisons full". lol!

one belligerent drunk
Rodney King not only resisted arrest, he kicked a policeman for then he got a major beat down. Dont want to be beaten then dont fight a policeman, fight them in court....But then again, you lefties always say to "resist" and the then the typical results happen...

Another factor about Rodney King is that he learned from the beat-down he received.

Several years later, when he was pinched near New Castle PA, he actually cooperated with the Union Township fuzz and caused no problems at all.

Rodney King Is Charged With Drunk Driving in Pennsylvania

DIscuss?

I think within a couple of years, Liberal Trial lawyers will start advocating for the abolishment of body-cams by the police as they will see it as an obstruction to them making a good living in the Police Brutality Racket.

It won't be long before San Francisco, Portland and other liberal jurisdictions ban them as "racist".

I would say that would be a hard sell, but then again, the slope does just seem to be getting more and more slippy all the time...

Body cams help separate the good cops from the bad...any cop who truly loves to serve and protect the public DISLIKES bad cops just as much as anyone else should -- who cares what defense lawyers thought more body cams would reveal....

I just care that we have more cops wearing body cams than fewer......and for the cops who don't want to wear them, or try to turn them off -- those are more likely to be your bad cops -- and they should be weeded out

What I have heard is that is not what is happening. What is happening is that the courts are getting an eye full of just how bad the CRIMINALS are.

.But then again, you lefties
Fuck you jerkwad- I advocate for Liberty, you know, ALL men are created equal and have certain unalienable rights- there is no left/right caveat idiot. No liberal/conservative, democrat/republican caveat- no race, creed, color or religious caveat- partisan morons have done more damage to this Country than any war- which is what your fearless leaders count on- you're merely a tool to so called conservatives and merely an enemy to so called liberals- BOTH subscribe to the same policies that enSLAVE partisans and BOTH helped militarize the police FORCE- SMH- ignorant fuck,

What I have heard is that is not what is happening. What is happening is that the courts are getting an eye full of just how bad the CRIMINALS are.
Ok and?

Ok and?

1. The libs were wrong about the reality of what goes on, in the street.

2. The cops were far better than they thought.

3. THe criminals are far worse.

4. Thus, the impact of the cameras will be completely different from what people thought they would be.

And that is my initial response, off the top of my head. It will be interesting to see what else might come out of this.

DIscuss?

Most cops are decent, hard working, honorable public servants. There is a small number who are criminals with a badge.

The one problem with the cops of today is they are poorly trained in the use of their weapons, and tactics.

They are not bad, they are poorly trained.

DIscuss?

Most cops are decent, hard working, honorable public servants. There is a small number who are criminals with a badge.

The one problem with the cops of today is they are poorly trained in the use of their weapons, and tactics.

They are not bad, they are poorly trained.

True.

Forum List

Back