Police Officer Follows Man Home From Supermarket To Harass Him About Mask

Can he shoot the trespasser?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted NO.

Thanks! Do you think the cop shoulda shot the guy for not wearing a mask? He followed him home, entered his property and exited his vehicle and then confronted the man, so clearly he had some intention.

Let's say the guy went toward the cop to address him and...oh...I dunno..the cop felt threatened and shot him. Maybe the guy might have been carryign a phone (which, I suppose he was, since he was recording). Would you assume that to be acceptable if it had happened that way. It happens quite a bit, as I'm sure you're aware. Cop has someone walking toward him with a phone or something and says jiminy crickets, I thought it was a gun and I was like pew pew pew...pew pew...pew.

I fairly sure the store has a sign on it , wear a mask. He is stupid. But no the cop should not have come on his property. The time to haul his arse in jail is when he was in the store.

In the video, a Pennsylvania state trooper exits his vehicle and tells the man recording that he ran his tag because he wasn’t wearing a mask at a supermarket earlier.

pic.twitter.com/o0Ytd7QRT0

Question. Is the property owner legally entitled to shoot this person who has entere his property and began harrassing him? No crime was committed on the part of the property owner.

Thanks!

Some people are too damn stupid, and I'm talking about the man without a mask on.

How the fuck do YOU or that fucking bear know that man doesn't have a medical condition that prevents him from wearing one? How about you and that fucking bear stay out of that mans business?

If he does he can wear o2 under it, and I'm sure he does not, did you hear his lungs.

He is awful dumb.

You don't know that and who says someone needs oxygen that can't wear a mask? People who have pneumonia don't need oxygen but can't wear the mask as it restricts their breathing and causes them medical issues.

It doesn't even have to be a lung issue you fucking moron. Like I said, stay out of people's fucking business. Typical fucking liberal, minding everyone's business but their own.

Here are 4 reasons NOT related to lung conditions that can make wearing a mask difficult or impossible: Here learn something you stupid bitch:
  • autism — some people with autism spectrum disorders find covering the nose and mouth with fabric can cause sensory overload, feelings of panic, and extreme anxiety
  • disability — some people with a disability can find wearing a mask difficult if they cannot remove one from their face without help. For example, someone with cerebral palsy may not be able to tie the strings or put the elastic loops of a face mask over the ears, due to limited mobility
  • post-traumatic stress disorder, severe anxiety or claustrophobia — people with these conditions can find wearing a mask terrifying and may not be able to stay calm or function while wearing one
  • hearing impairment — people who are deaf or hard of hearing, or those who care for or interact with someone who is hearing-impaired, rely on lipreading to communicate. So wearing a face mask can be a challenge

Last edited:
If the property owner draws down on the interloper trooper then all the wrath of hell will come down on the poor civilian. But academically speaking, and in a an actual freedom loving American parallel universe, yes; the man has the right to take measures. See, in PA law enforcement can't even run your info just because you're openly carrying a sidearm. Apparently, now however, not wearing a mask is more threatening than open carry. Of course, this is just the beginning of the fascism to come in the days and months ahead. Friendly old Dudley Do-Right Trooper who used to be our friend will, without hesitation, enforce state authoritarianism with a smile on his (or her) face. Jackboots included.

Civilian?

Agreed on your latter points.

Situations like that in the video are just begging for a bad ending at some point. It was really stupid on the part of the cop. Could have ended badly, and has many times in similar situations.

I fairly sure the store has a sign on it , wear a mask. He is stupid. But no the cop should not have come on his property. The time to haul his arse in jail is when he was in the store.

Oh, okay. I see. Thanks, Penny!

Last edited:
Actually, N_S I've been meaning to bring that up about the use of the term civilian. I know what you meant by it, but it's actually a term that deserves some scrutiny in terms of relevance to our form of government, as well as our moral duty as the electorate. We get into the responsibiity aspect of Individual liberty there.

As you know, the Founders warned us about standing armies.

I dunno, maybe some other time. You just reminded me that I haven't done that yet.

Last edited:
I voted NO.

Thanks! Do you think the cop shoulda shot the guy for not wearing a mask? He followed him home, entered his property and exited his vehicle and then confronted the man, so clearly he had some intention.

Let's say the guy went toward the cop to address him and...oh...I dunno..the cop felt threatened and shot him. Maybe the guy might have been carrying a phone (which, I suppose he was, since he was recording). Would you assume that to be acceptable if it had happened that way. It happens quite a bit, as I'm sure you're aware. Cop has someone walking toward him with a phone or something and says jiminy crickets, muh life, muh life, he's threatening it, then shoots him, then says I thought it was a gun and I was like pew pew pew...pew pew...pew.
..it's all moot....sounds like the cop kept his cool ....no shooting...no nothing.....this is a TYPICAL contact = no one shot/etc......
..if this if that---IF scenarios are ridiculous because there are always other IFs to counter the original IF
....cops killing anyone is very RARE compared to how many contacts there are.....cops killing anyone unjustifiable is even more rare

Question. Is the property owner legally entitled to shoot this person who has entered his property and began harrassing him? No crime was committed on the part of the property owner.
What a stupid question.

of course not

the cop is a jerk and so is the governor

but its not an offense punishable by death

What a stupid question.

of course not

the cop is a jerk and so is the governor

but its not an offense punishable by death

Okay. So, should PA get rid of the castle doctrine then? Just say, meh, that was a stupid idea, let's get rid of it?

You don't know that and who says someone needs oxygen that can't wear a mask? People who have pneumonia don't need oxygen but can't wear the mask as it restricts their breathing and causes them medical issues.

It doesn't even have to be a lung issue you fucking moron. Like I said, stay out of people's fucking business. Typical fucking liberal, minding everyone's business but their own.

Here are 4 reasons NOT related to lung conditions that can make wearing a mask difficult or impossible: Here learn something you stupid bitch:

• autism — some people with autism spectrum disorders find covering the nose and mouth with fabric can cause sensory overload, feelings of panic, and extreme anxiety
  • disability — some people with a disability can find wearing a mask difficult if they cannot remove one from their face without help. For example, someone with cerebral palsy may not be able to tie the strings or put the elastic loops of a face mask over the ears, due to limited mobility
  • post-traumatic stress disorder, severe anxiety or claustrophobia — people with these conditions can find wearing a mask terrifying and may not be able to stay calm or function while wearing one
  • hearing impairment — people who are deaf or hard of hearing, or those who care for or interact with someone who is hearing-impaired, rely on lipreading to communicate. So wearing a face mask can be a challenge

Very informative, airplanemechanic, thanks!

Very informative, airplanemechanic, thanks!

This would be why pen-a-lope and that fucking bear need to stay the fuck out of peoples business. They have NO IDEA this mans situation. He could have PTSD after having just gotten home from Iraq. Wearing a mask can be scary as fuck for someone like that.

In the video, a Pennsylvania state trooper exits his vehicle and tells the man recording that he ran his tag because he wasn’t wearing a mask at a supermarket earlier.

Question. Is the property owner legally entitled to shoot this person who has entered his property and began harrassing him? No crime was committed on the part of the property owner.

Thanks!

Answer is no. Now he breaks your door down then there may be a defense. At any rate jury trial is a crap shoot even when you are in the right.

This would be why pen-a-lope and that fucking bear need to stay the fuck out of peoples business. They have NO IDEA this mans situation. He could have PTSD after having just gotten home from Iraq. Wearing a mask can be scary as fuck for someone like that.

That very situation has played out before. Just under different circumstances.

Really wish more attention was given to people who have done a few tours and suffer greatly from PTSD.

My takeaway from the situation in the op is that police would do well to be a little smarter about some of their tactics. How many times has someone actually called for assistance, only to have the person who called shot and killed by them? More than a few?

Situations like these are just asking for trouble. Really dumb to just go around harassing the electorate like that. And with no legal premise, no less. Seems like the cop was effctively just placating the fears of frightened nobodies by fllowing the citizen home and harrasing him like that. Bullying, I suppose.

Last edited:

Thanks!

Are you joking? No you can’t shoot somebody for harassing you on your property, especially a police officer who witnessed you violating public safety regulations. Are you seriously asking this question?

Are you joking? No you can’t shoot somebody for harassing you on your property, especially a police officer who witnessed you violating public safety regulations. Are you seriously asking this question?

The other cop told the citizen that he had broken no laws and was free to go. Which he did. He went home. Subsequently, the second cop, the one in the video, took matters into his own hands and followed him home, entered his property, and began harrassing him. Again, this is after the previous cop said he'd broken no laws and was free to go. So the cop who followed him home had no legitimate reason for being on the citizen's property, much less harrassing him.

These situations do occur. Often, in fact. As I said, PA does also have a castle doctrine law as well. If it's a stupid question, then, why do they have the law?

I think it's a fair question.

What would have happened if the citizen approached the cop and the cop opened fire on the citizen out of fear for his safety? That happens quite a bit.

Last edited:

Thanks!

Legally, no. And even if he was, they would prosecute him anyway for killing one of their enforcer minions.
Morally and ethically, yes. In an ideal world, he should be able to shoot the guy and leave his severed head on a fencepost as a warning to others while the police car burns merrily in the street. (After looting the body and the vehicle for weapons and equipment, of course.)

But this is far from an ideal world, so just get his name and badge number, file a complaint (which will go nowhere) and use the info to find out where he lives...... use that information as you see fit. If he wants to follow people to their homes and threaten them for doing nothing wrong, well that door swings both ways, doesn't it?

1609455229482.png

I voted NO.

Let's say the guy went toward the cop to address him and...oh...I dunno..the cop felt threatened and shot him. Maybe the guy might have been carryign a phone (which, I suppose he was, since he was recording). Would you assume that to be acceptable if it had happened that way. It happens quite a bit, as I'm sure you're aware. Cop has someone walking toward him with a phone or something and says jiminy crickets, I thought it was a gun and I was like pew pew pew...pew pew...pew.

Signs are not laws. If it's a store policy, they can ask you to leave, and only arrest someone who doesn't.
No one can legally make anyone anywhere wear a face diaper.

Thanks!
Ask the ghost of Breanna Taylor.

If the property owner draws down on the interloper trooper then all the wrath of hell will come down on the poor civilian. But academically speaking, and in a an actual freedom loving American parallel universe, yes; the man has the right to take measures. See, in PA law enforcement can't even run your info just because you're openly carrying a sidearm. Apparently, now however, not wearing a mask is more threatening than open carry. Of course, this is just the beginning of the fascism to come in the days and months ahead. Friendly old Dudley Do-Right Trooper who used to be our friend will, without hesitation, enforce state authoritarianism with a smile on his (or her) face. Jackboots included.

Civilian?

Agreed on your latter points.

Situations like that in the video are just begging for a bad ending at some point. It was really stupid on the part of the cop. Could have ended badly, and has many times in similar situations.
The problem is, it doesn't end badly for the cops nearly often enough. The bad outcomes are always borne by the citizens.

And until it does, they are going to keep on doing it and pushing to do more.
Guy is lucky he didn't have a dog for the trooper to shoot.

Forum List

Back