Police State: DUI Checkpoint, Civil Rights Audit...

Yeah, I have a problem with being detained (illegally?) in a DWI check too but you gotta realize that the Police work for the representatives we elect. It's easy for the lazy and the ignorant to pop another beer and shrug their shoulders and blame the mythical "police state" for their discomfort. I bet the same people who whine about a "police state" also ridicule the Tea Party for working within the system and trying to get the right candidates for political office.

He made a great point about not rolling your window down. As soon as you do, you open yourself up to all sorts of Police shenanigans. He has the right idea.

paulitician Please add some commentary to the OP. Thanks.

• When starting a new Thread, please first check and confirm that there are not Current Threads, on the Same Topic, This will Avoid Merges. Please select the forum that best relates to the subject matter of your topic. Opening Posts require more than a Copy and Paste with a Link, You need to include relevant, on topic material of your own. When posting a new topic do not use the CAPS lock.

I will bet that the maker of the video are a little disappointed that he didn't get hauled out and his ass beat.

What this shows me is that the cops are not really interested in DWI they merely are checking a person's papers and making OT.

I got stopped the other day on the pretense I was weaving between the lines. Cop said he had it on video. The road was winding and not even, I will bet everyone weaves between the lines. The truth is he came up on me so fast and followed me so closely that I thought it was a cop, this was at night, I concentrated on staying in my lane and following the speed limit, by 5 mph. I am thinking he was thinking at anyone driving close to the speed limit must be drunk or high. I wanted to give him a load but used common sense and was polite.

I will bet that the maker of the video are a little disappointed that he didn't get hauled out and his ass beat.

What this shows me is that the cops are not really interested in DWI they merely are checking a person's papers and making OT.

I got stopped the other day on the pretense I was weaving between the lines. Cop said he had it on video. The road was winding and not even, I will bet everyone weaves between the lines. The truth is he came up on me so fast and followed me so closely that I thought it was a cop, this was at night, I concentrated on staying in my lane and following the speed limit, by 5 mph. I am thinking he was thinking at anyone driving close to the speed limit must be drunk or high. I wanted to give him a load but used common sense and was polite.

The maker of the video was just showing Citizens that they do have rights. They are not required to roll down their window or converse with the Police. They are only required to show the required documentation. As soon as you roll your window down and converse, you open yourself up to numerous Police shenanigans.

Cops love to run these Unconstitutional Checkpoints because they get lot's of overtime. It also feeds the Lawyers and Prison Industrial Complex. If you know your rights then you know you don't have to roll down the window.

No, I'm not saying it's ok to drink and drive, I'm saying "Traveling in your Privately Owned Conveyance" isn't reasonable suspicion of drunken driving.

That sort of thing should be responded to by the officers unloading a shotgun into your face for disrespecting their authority.

Here is my advice to the police. Flash a note to the driver that you are only trying to get intoxicated drivers off the roads. If you fail to cooperate we will break your window and pull you dragging and screaming from the car and you will be tested for DUI/DWI by your cooperation or by OUR FORCE. Otherwise this will only take about 24 seconds of your valuable time. WHAT DO YOU PREFER?

Here is my advice to the police. Flash a note to the driver that you are only trying to get intoxicated drivers off the roads. If you fail to cooperate we will break your window and pull you dragging and screaming from the car and you will be tested for DUI/DWI by your cooperation or by OUR FORCE. Otherwise this will only take about 24 seconds of your valuable time. WHAT DO YOU PREFER?

How Un-American of you. Nice job. :cuckoo:

Only the crazies object to sobriety checkpoints. They are just as legal and constitutional as the mandatory searches at airports.

Drunk drivers are killers and maimers and all decent people want them caught and prosecuted. No more coddling.

No, I'm not saying it's ok to drink and drive, I'm saying "Traveling in your Privately Owned Conveyance" isn't reasonable suspicion of drunken driving.

Oh yes it is. Nearly everyone is a drunk driver. And BTW, your vehicle may be private but the road is public. THINK

Only the crazies object to sobriety checkpoints. They are just as legal and constitutional as the mandatory searches at airports.

Drunk drivers are killers and maimers and all decent people want them caught and prosecuted. No more coddling.

And that applies to drivers intoxicated with marijuana.

Yet another "small government" tea party conservative standing up for the big government police state.

Yet another "small government" tea party conservative standing up for the big government police state.

Yet another liberal/commie :asshole:.

Yet another liberal/commie :asshole:.

:lol: I'm hardly a liberal.

Conservatives get so upset about being compared to Nazis, yet you have so much in common.

"You have nothing to fear, if you have nothing to hide" - Joseph Goebbels

Forum List

Back