Police State: Nonviolent Offenders Obeyed State Laws, Went To Jail Anyway...

The far right progressive statists wish to lock up everyone with whom they disagree.

Nothing new there.

She didn't consider that buying cocaine was a crime? It's an indication of the sorry state of education in the US. They learn how to put a condom on a cucumber but not that buying cocaine is a crime.

That's because just like all the other wars since Vietnam we are not prosecuting this war to our fullest abilities. The war on drugs could end in 6-12 months if we got serious about it and started executing dope dealers from the King pins, to the office worker moving some blow on his lunch hour down to the street level dealers, coupled with a plan to close our borders for real. Unfortunately this nation lacks the political will to do what is necessary to win this war.

People have been using drugs to alter their conscienceless since there have been people.

It's stupid to think we can put an end to that.

Yes it is. We will never stop people from killing people all we can do is punish those that do.

But taking a drug is not akin to murder.

If some guy smokes a joint or snorts a line there is no victim.

Will someone do a cost-benefit analysis of decriminalization of most drug crimes factoring $$$, deaths, burglary, invasion, theft, taxation, regulation, etc?

So she conspires to deal drugs and we are supposed to somehow feel bad for her?

What about all those people who have been killed because of powder she bought?

Sorry no sympathy. You don't want to serve jail time for a "non-violent" offense? Don't commit a "non-violent" offense. Pure and simple.
More importantly, how many children become addicted to these kinds of drugs and she is part of that supply chain. Children addicted to drugs doing drug running for the dealers so that they can avoid being charged as adults.

That too is non-violent, isn't it?

Shall we just do away with every and all standards of conduct in this country Paulician?

Why stop there. Lets let the violent offenders out too, because we just don't have the room to incarcerate them.

Who advocates children using drugs? That would seem pretty bizarre. Look, you wanna get high or drunk, that's your call. Just don't hurt others in the process. It's your business. We don't need our Police wasting time & money hunting drug users down. We need to evolve and get past that.
I think society will eventually come to the conclusion that decriminalizing of drug use is the best alternative in spite of opposition from the 36 trillion dollar illicit drug industry. A far better alternative to criminalization is regulation, prohibiting the sale to minors, regulations and taxing production, and using the proceeds for drug treatment centers, and anti-drug programs. Banning the sales of any product creates a demand. After 10 years of decriminalization of all drug use in Portugal, drug addiction is down 50%.

Cigarette sales in the US has just reached a 55 year low and it's declining at a rate of about 3% a year. We didn't ban the sale of cigarettes are threaten users with jail, we just raised the price through taxes and used part of the procedures to educate the public as to the dangers of smoking.

Ten Years After Decriminalization, Drug Abuse Down by Half in Portugal - Forbes

The far right progressive statists wish to lock up everyone with whom they disagree.

Nothing new there.
Bullshit. Prison should be reserved for violent offenders. There are plenty of effective punishments that can be used to deal with non-violent criminals.
You need to get off the soap box and acknowledge that the far left is every bit as bad (worse, actually) than the far right you are constantly attacking. All one needs to do is look at the current administration to see that the left is hell bent on destroying those who disagree with them.

You just won't have a functional society if a sufficient number of people choose to get high and can no longer care for themselves.

Eventually the productive people will get sick of providing for others so drug addicts can get and stay high.

Nothing new there.
Bullshit. Prison should be reserved for violent offenders. There are plenty of effective punishments that can be used to deal with non-violent criminals.
You need to get off the soap box and acknowledge that the far left is every bit as bad (worse, actually) than the far right you are constantly attacking. All one needs to do is look at the current administration to see that the left is hell bent on destroying those who disagree with them.

S.J. stop the soapbox fluffling for a time, hmmm.

I agree: let the non-violent offenders out. Prohibit private prisons from operating: it costs more to the tax payer for a start Put all the violent criminals in state prisons. Don’t let prison guard unions lobby for stricter penalties for lesser offenses.

Decriminalize most drug crimes. Regulate the drug industry, tax it, and use taxes for rehabilitation and youth programs.

Enjoy the reduced crime rates as burglaries and thefts and smash and grab rates plummet, along with the end to close to forty thousand drug murders in the two countries combined.

Let’s do the wise thing: end the failed war on drugs.

You just won't have a functional society if a sufficient number of people choose to get high and can no longer care for themselves.

Eventually the productive people will get sick of providing for others so drug addicts can get and stay high.

Yeah, just like society collapsed before drug sentencing began in the 20th century?

Think before you open your mouth.

Yeah, just like society collapsed before drug sentencing began in the 20th century?

Think before you open your mouth.

Fewer people chose to take drugs. Some of those that did were quietly locked away in attics and basements by a concerned family. Some were just shot when they came up against the wrong person. There was very little incentive to be high. There was no welfare, nor was there provided medical care. Break into someone's home and no one will call the police, it was handled in-house.

If we had legalized drugs under the same laws and conditions that existed before the 20th Century began legalizing drugs would make much more sense.

Non violent offenders:

Charles Manson
Al Capone
Bernie Madoff
Osama Bin Laden

Being locked up for a non violent offense does not mean the person is non violent.

Nothing new there.

I agree: let the non-violent offenders out. Prohibit private prisons from operating: it costs more to the tax payer for a start Put all the violent criminals in state prisons. Don’t let prison guard unions lobby for stricter penalties for lesser offenses.

Decriminalize most drug crimes. Regulate the drug industry, tax it, and use taxes for rehabilitation and youth programs.

Enjoy the reduced crime rates as burglaries and thefts and smash and grab rates plummet, along with the end to close to forty thousand drug murders in the two countries combined.

You're preaching to the choir, Jake. I already said prisons should be reserved for violent criminals. Why are you trying to convince me of something I've already said myself? My point was that you can't discuss anything without attacking the right. This is not a left vs right issue, it's a societal problem that needs a common sense approach. You sound like a broken record.

Non violent offenders:

Charles Manson
Al Capone
Bernie Madoff
Osama Bin Laden

Being locked up for a non violent offense does not mean the person is non violent.
Manson, Capone, and bin Laden all ordered others to kill people, therefore they committed violent crimes. Madoff, as despicable as he is, does not belong in the list.

Society is irrelevant.

You assume that people will take drugs just because they can.

FYI anyone who wants to do drugs is already doing them.

What we need is treatment before people become addicts and that's not going to happen as long as we consider drug use a crime. Our society sends a strong message to drug users, don't get caught and hide your addiction.

Our war on drug use in the US has been a miserable failure. We send 50 billion dollars a year trying to eradicate drugs and yet we lead the world in illict drug use. It's time to try something different.

You're preaching to the choir, Jake. I already said prisons should be reserved for violent criminals. Why are you trying to convince me of something I've already said myself? My point was that you can't discuss anything without attacking the right. This is not a left vs right issue, it's a societal problem that needs a common sense approach. You sound like a broken record.

Thank you for adopting my position. I attack the far loony right far more than the far loony left because you folks tried to take over the GOP, and we the people are alienating and isolating you wacks. I don't came if you don't like it. You are the guy trying to take the party far reactionary right. That won't happen

Last edited:
Who advocates children using drugs? That would seem pretty bizarre. Look, you wanna get high or drunk, that's your call. Just don't hurt others in the process. It's your business. We don't need our Police wasting time & money hunting drug users down. We need to evolve and get past that.
That is NOT evolution. If anything, it is the complete opposite.

If you wish to advocate no standards in civilization, then by all means, show some sack and say so.

But it is an absolute lie to think that people who purchase drugs are not contributing to those drugs reaching our children, either directly or indirectly by their actions.

Of course, its non violent so we shouldn't lock these people up.....I'm all for decriminalizing pot and treating it like alcohol, but when your talking narcotics and opiate based drugs. I could care less if they have to share a cell with 8 bubba's with hard cocks.

Using drugs does not make you a criminal, anymore than drinking alcohol does. It's time to accept that.

Paulie you picked a bad example to use.....you are not talking about a kid who gets 25 years because he had 2 Ounces of Pot on him....you are talking about someone buying Coke for a dealer.....big difference between the 2.....

The so called war on drugs is an utter failure.

That's because just like all the other wars since Vietnam we are not prosecuting this war to our fullest abilities. The war on drugs could end in 6-12 months if we got serious about it and started executing dope dealers from the King pins, to the office worker moving some blow on his lunch hour down to the street level dealers, coupled with a plan to close our borders for real. Unfortunately this nation lacks the political will to do what is necessary to win this war.

yea what a great society.....i can see that shit getting out of hand real fast with some over zealous Narc agents....

You can disagree, but you're wrong. It most certainly is a conscious choice. You don't wake up one day and are just addicted to drugs. You choose to start using them. (Yes, there are isolated incidents of people becoming inadvertently addicted to stuff they had legal prescriptions for, but I'm not talking about those people) If you don't make that choice, you don't get addicted. It is not an illness. That is an attempt to excuse poor decision making.
You could say the same thing about alcohol; if you didn't take the first drink you wouldn't become an alcoholic. The first time you use drugs, take a drink, placed a bet, smoke a cigarette is a first step toward addiction but that doesn't means you are choosing a life style of addiction because most people do not become addicted and no one plans to become addicted.

Addiction is a disease according the American Medical Association and most health insurance policies. Treating drug use by addicts as a crime to be punished is about the worst way to handle drug addition. In the second half of the 20th century we got tough on drug use filling our prisons with drug users instead of treatment centers and how well has this worked? Punishment for drug abuse does not cure addiction. It never has and it never will.

http://leg.mt.gov/content/Committee...tees/jrnl-nursing-understanding-addiction.pdf

Alcohol isn't an illegal drug.

If you know something is illegal and is highly addictive, then its no one else's fault but your own when you choose to use it and end up addicted to it.

and yet causes more deaths and problems than probably any of the Illegal ones....

Forum List

Back