Political Correctness: The sounds of silence

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
How often do you speak your mind without fear when discussing volatile issues ?
When you stay silent, is it self-imposed, motivated by the fear of not being liked by your peers?
Or is it because of something more hideous ? Are you silent motivated by the fear of being punished either in your career, and or being cast aside by a society demanding everyone be on board the same steamroller ?

Liberals, demand a multicultural society, but let's be honest, it's just a surface that looks different.
Inside below the surface, they have no use for anyone thinking differently than they do, and when someone speaks out, and it's not part of their narrative, they immediately point fingers, and throw the standard terms out.
Racist !
Sexist !
Homophobe !
Xenophobe !
Bigot !
The list goes on. They know the use of these terms can quickly silence people, and the argument ends. The person much of the time slinks away, knowing the danger of being publicly labeled in this fashion.

We bring out our feelings on internet message boards, but how often do we do so among coworkers, friends or family nowadays ? I have a feeling most of us only discuss provocative subjects very carefully and in limited fashions.

Keep men out of women's restrooms

There is a bully in our country that has been body-building for the last 25 years. That bully has now "come out" and is flexing its muscles, sending fear down the spines of our politically correct population.

There are untold numbers of people who do not speak out for fear of being ostracized or being called bigots. They are not bad people, nor are they bigots. They have simply succumbed to the sound of silence. And as Simon and Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence" song goes, silence, like a cancer, grows.

The bully is political correctness, and it does not scare me.

I live in North Carolina, and I support the new controversial state law that says people must use the bathroom that corresponds with the sex listed on their birth certificates. However, the law is flawed — the part that allows for LGBT people to be discriminated against in employment should be repealed.

Keep men out of women's restrooms

Oh...I speak freely without fear all the time. I don't associate with anyone who can't handle free speech either so I've rarely had any issues.

Oh...I speak freely without fear all the time. I don't associate with anyone who can't handle free speech either so I've rarely had any issues.

Can you speak openly at your workplace without fear of retribution ?

Inside below the surface, they have no use for anyone thinking differently than they do, and when someone speaks out, and it's not part of their narrative, they immediately point fingers, and throw the standard terms out.
Racist !
Sexist !
Homophobe !
Xenophobe !
Bigot !

The reason those terms get thrown out is because they are often the case. Let's take this issue. It seems to me that you people who just hate, hate, hate the LGBT community just keep wanting to draw new lines in the sand when the last line became untenable.

"Well, I have to let you get married now, but, dammit, I don't want one of you damn trannies using the wrong bathroom." Like there's anyone who thinks of a public bathroom as a sexual place other than Senator Larry Craig.

If there's a Tranny in the bathroom, she's going to be in a stall where no one can see her junk. Get over yourself.

Racist !
Sexist !
Homophobe !
Xenophobe !
Bigot !

The reason those terms get thrown out is because they are often the case. Let's take this issue. It seems to me that you people who just hate, hate, hate the LGBT community just keep wanting to draw new lines in the sand when the last line became untenable.

"Well, I have to let you get married now, but, dammit, I don't want one of you damn trannies using the wrong bathroom." Like there's anyone who thinks of a public bathroom as a sexual place other than Senator Larry Craig.

If there's a Tranny in the bathroom, she's going to be in a stall where no one can see her junk. Get over yourself.
Leave to Lil Joe to expose the Left.

Anyone who disagrees with Joe and the elite Left (one in the same) IS a racist, sexist, homophobe, xenphobe, bigot.

The Left and Joe do not believe in free speech, second amendment, religious freedom, etc...you know? All those pesky things listed in the Bill of Rights.

Progressives are the most intolerant people on the planet. Once they're in total control, they mass murder everyone who disagrees with them

it's not hard to speak your mind without fear of being labeled any of those things when you are not in fact any of those things...

Anyone who disagrees with Joe and the elite Left (one in the same) IS a racist, sexist, homophobe, xenphobe, bigot.

The Left and Joe do not believe in free speech, second amendment, religious freedom, etc...you know? All those pesky things listed in the Bill of Rights.

Guy, the thing is, you stupid fucks are the ones who let the rich screw you by distracting your attention with the gays and the colored and the trannies.

The reality, that Hispanic Lesbian Chick is really in the same boat you are. When it comes time to screw over 10,000 people to make profitability this month, you are both just a number.

But do keep clinging to your gun and your bible and think you are free.

Guy, the thing is, you stupid fucks are the ones who let the rich screw you by distracting your attention with the gays and the colored and the trannies.

The reality, that Hispanic Lesbian Chick is really in the same boat you are. When it comes time to screw over 10,000 people to make profitability this month, you are both just a number.

But do keep clinging to your gun and your bible and think you are free.
Damn Joe...right from Obama's mouth...can't you come up with something on your own?

Progressives are the most intolerant people on the planet. Once they're in total control, they mass murder everyone who disagrees with them

sounds like you're incapable of tolerating standards of common decency.

in what way are progressives in total control of you?

Yeah it is common decency to DEMAND all believe in AGW...those who don't, must be silenced. Your leaders like Big Ears and John Dumb Shit Kerry, have said as much.

You're not in control of me. I'm remarking on the history and track record of the Progressive Movement

Anchorwoman’s ouster exposes risks for whites talking race

Wendy Bell, former Pittsburgh TV anchor, lost her job for a Facebook post on a cookout shooting

Post drew criticism for stereotyping, condescending tone of post

Incident illustrates risks, pitfalls faced by white Americans commenting on racial issues online

Read more here: Anchorwoman’s ouster exposes risks for whites talking race

Yeah it is common decency to DEMAND all believe in AGW...those who don't, must be silenced. Your leaders like Big Ears and John Dumb Shit Kerry, have said as much.

Considering most of the cranks who deny AGW are on the payroll of the companies causing it, um, yeah, maybe we should take action against them.

The thing is for you deniers is that you don't WANT AGW to be true, not based on any science, but because you might have to change your lifestyle to combat it.

Considering most of the cranks who deny AGW are on the payroll of the companies causing it, um, yeah, maybe we should take action against them.

The thing is for you deniers is that you don't WANT AGW to be true, not based on any science, but because you might have to change your lifestyle to combat it.
You just keep on proving the point of this thread Joey...and are too stupid to realize it.

12974501_620849188066854_8632051293942890491_n.jpg

Wendy Bell, former Pittsburgh TV anchor, lost her job for a Facebook post on a cookout shooting

Incident illustrates risks, pitfalls faced by white Americans commenting on racial issues online

Read more here: Anchorwoman’s ouster exposes risks for whites talking race

Do you think her apology was sincere? Do you think you would be fired from your job for saying the same thing?

Too funny. Follow the money. Al Gore and his minions are making millions off their scam.

So, um yeah. If you say something on line that makes your employer look bad, you will probably be fired.

I knew a lady who got fired for posting on line that she didn't "feel comfortable" after a recent merger. The company felt that it tarnished their image, although it was unlikely anyone saw it other than the search engine they employed to look for people saying bad stuff about them...

This woman went on a 650 word rant about "those people' that was seen by thousands of people.

Forum List

Back