Political correctness vs. freedom to think.

Griffin's response is perplexing. She is apologizing after seeing overwhelming negative reaction on social media. She sees the dollar signs diminishing. She has no empathy for those whose heads have been severed but she knows what a career killer is. She is like a criminal in court who reads a prepared statement to minimize her sentence. This is the kind of people who rise to the top under political correctness. Learn from it.
Money talks.

Her bull sh!t walks.

People need to understand political correctness exists for a reason and it's a necessity in this country.
what would that reason be? so others don't get offended? that's the big one i hear only this entire stance is offensive to some.

quite ironic then isn't it?

then please also tell me how we got by 200+ years as a country w/o it and only since we've pushed it down peoples throats over the last 20+ years have we seen the backlash we're seeing now.

the danger is when any asswhipe with a keyboard says "there's only 1 way to think and it's mine"

so - state your reason. why is it necessary?

The idea is not to offend people. You have the freedom to be offensive, obviously. There are many images of Obama being lynched out there, disgusting, but where was this national outrage of which you speak?

Sent from my ASUS MeMO Pad 7 using Tapatalk
muskrat1954 why don't you have an avatar yet ???

Griffin's response is perplexing. She is apologizing after seeing overwhelming negative reaction on social media. She sees the dollar signs diminishing. She has no empathy for those whose heads have been severed but she knows what a career killer is. She is like a criminal in court who reads a prepared statement to minimize her sentence. This is the kind of people who rise to the top under political correctness. Learn from it.

so you're claiming that kathy griffin is the pinnacle of political correctness??? :laugh:

ikbFXCw.jpg
Her views are politically correct, that being always morally wrong. That is the very definition of political correctness.... fucked in the head

People need to understand political correctness exists for a reason and it's a necessity in this country.

It exists to control thought, stifle opposition and ensure conformity to the will of the ruling elite, apparently it has worked like a charm on you.

"Orthodoxy means not thinking–not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”-- George Orwell, 1984

Is there only one “right” way to think? That’s what a lot of educators and politicians would have us believe. Political correctness is going to destroy this nation if we don’t address it quickly. Entertainers are being used to influence public opinion in some of the worst imaginable ways. The latest example is comedian Kathy Griffin holding the mock severed head of the President of the United States. Consider what would happen if a comedian were to display model showing a mock lynching of Barack Obama. The national outrage would sweep the country like the eruption of a super volcano. There is no “right” way to think. There is only freedom to think based on personal experience.
Ideally, thinking is a rational process unencumbered by emotions of any kind.

When you think, then you should consider the issue, the questions, the alternatives, the best choice, and the outcomes.

Emotion gets in the way of a rational process. That leads to bad choices.

Philosophy goes into this very deeply. Ethics is the branch of Philosophy that goes deepest, however political Philosophy also covers political topics.

That's what you need to read up on Ray9 .

Then you can answer your own questions.

Freedom of thought is best applied rationally and logically not emotionally.

so tell us, wacky mac... what is kathy griffin's punishment??
"Wacky Mac" - wow, how Trump-like of you! Cool! Peas in a pod, huh?

As I've posted elsewhere, I see no reason for punishment, no reason for an apology. You folks are what you are. It's not like it would change you. Who cares?

And thanks for asking!
So do you think the babe with the severed head facsimile should go to jail or pay a fine ?!

I am sure either way that her hot little azz is in hot water with the SS.

As I've posted elsewhere, I see no reason for punishment, no reason for an apology. You folks are what you are. It's not like it would change you. Who cares?

And thanks for asking!

interestinK you need to conflate kathy griffin with ME just cuz you can't handle your own contradictory talking points. :eusa_clap:

And thanks for asking!

interestinK you need to conflate kathy griffin with ME just cuz you can't handle your own contradictory talking points. :eusa_clap:
Is she the babe with the severed head facsimile ??

Kathy Griffin sorry for decapitated Trump head photo

And thanks for asking!

Conflating you and Griffin is pretty easy. Regressives.

And you're welcome to point out the contradiction.

CNN just let her go.
good. normally i'm not one to call out for jobs at what people think - but it's obvious it's being taken too far and needs to have some form of real ramifications or it will simply continue.

“Is there only one “right” way to think? That’s what a lot of educators and politicians would have us believe.”

In all of my life in education, no one educator ever told me ..” to think this way and this way only.”

It seems you are not quite educated enough to realize that examining any situation requires adaptation.

No 2 situations are exactly alike and require the exact same reasoning.

Having you r hand held all the time must get old.

Good luck with your “one” way of thinking.

Is there only one “right” way to think? That’s what a lot of educators and politicians would have us believe. Political correctness is going to destroy this nation if we don’t address it quickly. Entertainers are being used to influence public opinion in some of the worst imaginable ways. The latest example is comedian Kathy Griffin holding the mock severed head of the President of the United States. Consider what would happen if a comedian were to display model showing a mock lynching of Barack Obama. The national outrage would sweep the country like the eruption of a super volcano. There is no “right” way to think. There is only freedom to think based on personal experience.

CNN has every right to let her go over it, just as the duck dude bigots and ms blackface lard eater.. (for example) :eusa_clap:

There is good taste and bad taste in comedy.

I am thinking Griffin's taste has been really bad.

Bull. You seem very confused. And butthurt.

There is a right way to act.

There are facts. When you adhere to them, you suddenly become more "liberal".

Forum List

Back