Political Naiveness, epidemic in the New Right?

Considering all the comments in posts made by those who claim the title of Conservative, it occurs to me that politically naive best describes the bulk of comments, opinions, hate for liberals and fear of ides which conflict with the dogma they have been inundated by and thus echo.

The posts by those self defined conservatives seem to be dominated by lies, half-truths, rumors, innuendos, character assassinations, sarcasm and personal attacks of those who offers differing ideas which challenges the dogma of 21st Century Conservative; it seems most of which they learned, they got from sources which disdain the MSM as biased and dishonest.

Which leaves the question, from who, what and where do they gather their information?
There was a time not so long ago when the only information available to Americans was sponsored by NBC, CBS, NPR CNN and a host of smaller liberal venues. CBS once ventured into tyranny when they offered fake documents to try to influence a presidential election. The radical left has ABC, NBC, CNNBC, PBS, Al Jazeera and a host of radicalism. The point is that politics ain't the problem, they are at war with information.

The point is that politics ain't the problem, they are at war with information.

When you look towards the government or society in general to fix your problems is when the information provided trumps personal responsibility.
So politics is very much the problem ... Especially when looking for a political answer to a personal problem.

What, exactly, makes it so hard for conservatives to accept the fact that the default position for stupid people is conservatism? Liberalism involves complexity, balance, mutual respect, trade-offs, things smart conservatives aren't big on either. This should not be a surprise to anyone. People fear change, embrace it since that is a core belief of conservatism, few (if any) and slow changes.

Ideas scared the shit (and there is a lot of it) in conservatives:

[
What, exactly, makes it so hard for conservatives to accept the fact that the default position for stupid people is conservatism? Liberalism involves complexity, balance, mutual respect, trade-offs, things smart conservatives aren't big on either. This should not be a surprise to anyone. People fear change, embrace it since that is a core belief of conservatism, few (if any) and slow changes.

Nonsense.

Bad ideas and negative change "scare" conservatives.

Your come up with a change for the good, and we will be fully supportive.

Nonsense.

Your come up with a change for the good, and we will be fully supportive

1. A non sequitur response to my question, posted out of context;
2. Most parents have no clue on how to raise a child;
3. Traditional values is a phrase lacking substance ( have you never read Mark Twain, Wil Rogers, Charles Dixon, Ayn Rand or Garrison Keillor, + many others)

1. If you don't like the reality of the answer to your question, that's YOUR problem, not mine.

2. Almost every parent I know has a better idea how to raise a child than the Leftists who run the American Government.

3. I've read many of them, but those aren't TRADITIONAL. The Traditions I'm talking about were thousands of years old befor any of those people were even born.

I've read many of your posts, it is my opinion you are out of touch with reality. I base that on my experience and education and values; I'm 68 years old and worked since age 11 (paper routes), all through college, served in the USN and retire at age 57 with enough assets to last me a lifetime (my dad is 93 and his mother died at 102).

1. A non sequitur response to my question, posted out of context;
2. Most parents have no clue on how to raise a child;
3. Traditional values is a phrase lacking substance ( have you never read Mark Twain, Wil Rogers, Charles Dixon, Ayn Rand or Garrison Keillor, + many others)

1. If you don't like the reality of the answer to your question, that's YOUR problem, not mine.

2. Almost every parent I know has a better idea how to raise a child than the Leftists who run the American Government.

3. I've read many of them, but those aren't TRADITIONAL. The Traditions I'm talking about were thousands of years old befor any of those people were even born.

I've read many of your posts, it is my opinion you are out of touch with reality. I base that on my experience and education and values; I'm 68 years old and worked since age 11 (paper routes), all through college, served in the USN and retire at age 57 with enough assets to last me a lifetime (my dad is 93 and his mother died at 102).

MOst people do know how to raise their children.

I was crap at science in school. But to be honest the majority of right wing types would have struggled to spell science.

That should tell you something. According to the Yale study it is cons who are better at science and it takes higher IQ to be good at science. Funny how that works. So, according to the Yale study, it is the lefties who are the dumb ones.

Conservatives can't even recognize when they are claiming opposite things at the same moment.

All of con-media and Faux News label all universities as 'liberal bastions' and cons on air agree with this and deride universities ad nauseum. In the next breath when its pointed out that conservatives are notoriously at the lower end of education and enlightenment, they then claim conservatives are the thinkers.

For those of us that are educated it is like talking to and listening to a gaggle of ducks. The know how to quack and that's it. 'Quack' means I'm good your evil, in all things at all times no matter what.

It is ignorance in a perpetual circular loop.

In the next breath when its pointed out that conservatives are notoriously at the lower end of education and enlightenment, they then claim conservatives are the thinkers.

Yeah, Milton Friedman and William F Buckley, lower end, Al Sharpton and Rosie O'Donnell....not?
Sorry.

Telling that your only thought is of people long dead.

Sarah Palin and Dimwit Trump if you want to be current. They couldn't find two braincells between them.

I was crap at science in school. But to be honest the majority of right wing types would have struggled to spell science.

That should tell you something. According to the Yale study it is cons who are better at science and it takes higher IQ to be good at science. Funny how that works. So, according to the Yale study, it is the lefties who are the dumb ones.

Conservatives can't even recognize when they are claiming opposite things at the same moment.

All of con-media and Faux News label all universities as 'liberal bastions' and cons on air agree with this and deride universities ad nauseum. In the next breath when its pointed out that conservatives are notoriously at the lower end of education and enlightenment, they then claim conservatives are the thinkers.

For those of us that are educated it is like talking to and listening to a gaggle of ducks. The know how to quack and that's it. 'Quack' means I'm good your evil, in all things at all times no matter what.

In the next breath when its pointed out that conservatives are notoriously at the lower end of education and enlightenment, they then claim conservatives are the thinkers.

Yeah, Milton Friedman and William F Buckley, lower end, Al Sharpton and Rosie O'Donnell....not?
Sorry.

Sarah Palin and Dimwit Trump if you want to be current. They couldn't find two braincells between them.

If you think Trump is dumb, you're the one without a brain cell.

Sorry.

How about Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams?

You claim that progressivism is all about thinking then you try and foist off the bullshit that your version of rational thinking where you merely compare numbers with no further input is superior to all others which is absurd as that is the most simplistic of all. You have no respect for anyone but yourself and you certainly don't respect the human race as you feel it should be exterminated. No, progressivism is the thought process of children. Petulant whining children who resort to mass murder (think the equivalent of taking their ball and going home if you won't play their game) when they can't get people to do the crap they want.

Progressivism is not complex, or respectful, or balanced. It's their way or the highway, and at the end of the highway is a mass grave.

No thank you.

You claim that progressivism is all about thinking...
Nope, and nuff said, Mod Troll. People like you live by fear, live for fear, live in fear. That, among other things, is what makes you conservative.

Were it not for fear, you could deal in reality, come what may...

Last edited:
Considering all the comments in posts made by those who claim the title of Conservative, it occurs to me that politically naive best describes the bulk of comments, opinions, hate for liberals and fear of ides which conflict with the dogma they have been inundated by and thus echo.

The posts by those self defined conservatives seem to be dominated by lies, half-truths, rumors, innuendos, character assassinations, sarcasm and personal attacks of those who offers differing ideas which challenges the dogma of 21st Century Conservative; it seems most of which they learned, they got from sources which disdain the MSM as biased and dishonest.

Which leaves the question, from who, what and where do they gather their information?

From my reading of so-called "conservative" posters in these forums you can scratch History books off your list of possible sources.

[

Nonsense.

Nonsense.

How does anyone determine if an idea is "good"?
There are lots of bad ideas out there. One particular set, Ideas based on Good Intentions, is notoriously filled with really bad ideas.

So what is the criteria for determining when an idea is good?
Also, even if the idea is good, should it be supported immediately?

[

Nonsense.

Nonsense.

There are lots of bad ideas out there. One particular set, Ideas based on Good Intentions, is notoriously filled with really bad ideas.

Looking at the results would be a good place to start.

[

Nonsense.

Nonsense.

Looking at the results would be a good place to start.

And there we go, independent confirmation.

[

Nonsense.

An idea needs to be tested by time. Supply side failed the test, it's time to fix what it fucked up.

Nonsense.

So what would you consider a rational response when one is trying to project all of his own ailments on you? Me, I just laugh.
A rational response would be having an actual argument in response, which you do not.

Sorry child, I'll give you what you deserve, which is mockery, ridicule and laughter. Now run along and masturbate with your fellow regressivecrats, that all you folks are good for, a circle jerk.
And yet again, nothing like a rational response. Point made, and finished with.

:coffee: :disagree: :laugh:
Now just emoticons, utterly pathetic.

Keep talk'n projectorman, you regressives are the epitome of pathetic.

The things you complain about have nothing to do with a "new" right. In fact, they are an "old" right. That is to say, you are describing a baby-boomer style conservative.

Alot of people think of politics as GOP vs Dem, right vs left. But the truth is that the real divisions are generational.

Forum List

Back