🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Politico: Carson lied about admission to West Point.

Metal midgets like you couldn't shine the shoes of Dr. Ben Carson. Let alone form any independent thought:slap:

So much for the claims from the right that they reject dishonesty. The word has gone out to close ranks and declare Carson didn't really lie, so the sheeple are falling in line.

I understand you're barley literate but the hit piece is false...Sheep

I'm well versed in barley.

And, I have a rye sense of humor.

Your kooky defense of Carson doesn't have a grain of truth in it.

You're a professional liar Casanova....The story is false:slap:

West Point, however, has no record of Carson applying, much less being extended admission.

He was 17 years old. He could have gotten in if he wanted after talk with Westmoreland. He went to Yale instead. He was head of his unit at his Hospital. The guy is bona-fide success story.

You gotta love these leftist promoting a liar and thief like Hillary Clinton, but slander a good man like Ben Carson, who has helped people most of his life

Metal midgets like you couldn't shine the shoes of Dr. Ben Carson. Let alone form any independent thought:slap:

So much for the claims from the right that they reject dishonesty. The word has gone out to close ranks and declare Carson didn't really lie, so the sheeple are falling in line.

Carson said he got offered a full scholarship from West Point.

No such offer occurred . He lied.

West Point, however, has no record of Carson applying, much less being extended admission.

He was 17 years old. He could have gotten in if he wanted after talk with Westmoreland. He went to Yale instead. He was head of his unit at his Hospital. The guy is bona-fide success story.

he already acknowledged he never spoke with westmoreland.

try again.

The guy is bona-fide success story.

And a pathological liar, raging narcissist and general dumbass.

But that clearly doesn't bother you, so run with it. We'll be around to laugh as your hypocrite hero crashes and burns. Right now, I'm laughing as half the conservatives here claim conservatives value honesty, while the other half does everything they can to excuse Carson's lying.

Oh, add "genocidal sociopath" to his list of character flaws, as he's said he would have leveled entire Iraqi cities, regardless of civilians. And yes, I know that kind of sociopathy is attractive to most conservatives.

It's the hypocrisy that will kill him with regular people. The Democrats don't pretend to be the party of moral perfection. The Republicans do. People love seeing hypocrites like Carson crash and burn.

He claimed he got a scholarship offer from West Point. That never happened. When you claim something happened that never happened, and you know it never happened,

you are lying.

Actually, as it turns out, Politico’s story was false.

First off, Carson’s story wasn’t false. Here is Carson’s recollection of events from Gifted Hands:

At the end of my twelfth grade I marched at the head of the Memorial Day parade. I felt so proud, my chest bursting with ribbons and braids of every kind. To make it more wonderful, We had important visitors that day. Two soldiers who had won the Congressional Medal of Honor in Viet Nam were present. More exciting to me, General William Westmoreland (very prominent in the Viet Nam war) attended with an impressive entourage. Afterward, Sgt. Hunt introduced me to General Westmoreland, and I had dinner with him and the Congressional Medal winners. Later I was offered a full scholarship to West Point. I didn’t refuse the scholarship outright, but I let them know that a military career wasn’t where I saw myself going.

Carson retold this account last month on Charlie Rose:

I was offered a full scholarship at West Point, got to meet General Westmoreland and go to Congressional Medal of Honor dinners. But decided really my pathway would be medicine.

Politico Shock Claim: 'Carson Admits Fabricating West Point Scholarship' - Breitbart

You need to read Politico's story and tell us what part of it is false.

Exclusive: Carson claimed West Point 'scholarship' but never applied

Carson got so shrill in his press conference he sounded like he was trying to imitate a girl.

More proof that some liberals just can't read. Seriously. Carson's campaign did not "admit" that the West Point story was false, and there is nothing contradictory between what Carson says in his book and what his campaign says. When the Army offers you an appointment to West Point, that is the exact same thing as a full-ride scholarship.

That's not what Westpoint says:

Carson would have needed to seek admission in order to receive an offer of free education from West Point. Also, according to West Point, there is no such thing as a “full scholarship” to the military academy, as Carson represented in his book.

Read more: Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship

So why would I ignore Westpoint on Westpoint's scholarship policy and believe what you just posted?

Why are you folks so dishonest when it comes to judging Republicans? Humm?

Now, as Carson himself just explained on O'Reilly, some ROTC people came and said that, given his ROTC record and all, they could get easily get him an appointment to West Point. No, it was not a "formal" offer, but it was certainly an informal offer that could have turned into a formal offer if Carson had said yes. But Carson said he wanted to pursue a career in medicine, and so he said no, and that was the end of it.

This is another phony, dishonest issue cooked up by liberal journalists.

He just shut the media down on this one, called them out and they were speechless, MSNBC covered it live then just "lost the signal".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The vetting has just begun!

For
He just shut the media down on this one, called them out and they were speechless, MSNBC covered it live then just "lost the signal".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The vetting has just begun!

For Obama? About time

Carson said he got offered a full scholarship from West Point.

No such offer occurred . He lied.

I had 3 years of ROTC in Detroit public schools I'm sure with his grades and performance there, he was pushed to pursue a military Carrier. and I'm also sure it was suggested he could easily get a scholarship.

Dr. Carson was the top ROTC student in the City of Detroit. In that role he was invited to meet General Westmoreland. He believes it was at a banquet. He can’t remember with specificity their brief conversation but it centered around Dr. Carson’s performance as ROTC City Executive Officer. He was introduced to folks from West Point by his ROTC Supervisors. They told him they could help him get an appointment based on his grades and performance in ROTC. He considered it but in the end did not seek admission.

Which leads to Politico’s second big lie: that Carson’s campaign “admits fabricating” the story. No, they didn’t, because the story wasn’t fabricated in the first place.

Carson has now responded directly to The New York Times:

I don’t remember all the specific details. Because I had done so extraordinarily well you know I was told that someone like me – they could get a scholarship to West Point. But I made it clear I was going to pursue a career in medicine. It was, you know, an informal ‘with a record like yours we could easily get you a scholarship to West Point.’

View image on Twitter
CTJMiRaWUAAj7lh.png:large

Follow
Benjy Sarlin @BenjySarlin

For those looking for ambiguous wording in Gifted Hands on the West Point scholarship, it isn't there

12:02 PM - 6 Nov 2015

Can you imagine if Carson was running as a Democrat? Wow. Black, Ghetto boy, father missing, Single mother, worked his way out of it to Head Surgeon at Johns Hopkins!

Instead, they are using the media (again) in pathetic attempt to discredit. Sick.

Carson, being such a proud pathological liar, could never have made it anywhere as a Democrat.

And there's no such thing as a scholarship to a US military academy, which is another clue Carson was lying. Nobody pays to go to a military academy. Tuition is free, and you draw a small salary, being that cadets are members of the military.

Forum List

Back