🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Politico: Carson lied about admission to West Point.

Sorry, wingnuts. From the horse's mouth. WP doesn't send out people who offer scholarships. WP doesn't do scholarships.

Ben Carson: "I was offered a full scholarship to West Point" (Oct 9, 2015) | Charlie Rose

Why Ben Carson’s West Point scholarship claim made no sense from the beginning
"""The process to getting into West Point requires applicants to obtain a nomination, most commonly from their congressman, senator or vice president of the United States. The secretary of the Army — an appointed civilian leader — also can nominate a student for consideration, but the service’s four-star chief of staff — Westmoreland from July 1968 through June 1972 — is not eligible to do so."""

Like I said, Stolen Valor.

“Stolen Valor” is a term applied to the phenomenon of people falsely claiming military awards or badges they did not earn.

Sorry, wingnuts. From the horse's mouth. WP doesn't send out people who offer scholarships. WP doesn't do scholarships.

Ben Carson: "I was offered a full scholarship to West Point" (Oct 9, 2015) | Charlie Rose

"""The process to getting into West Point requires applicants to obtain a nomination, most commonly from their congressman, senator or vice president of the United States. The secretary of the Army — an appointed civilian leader — also can nominate a student for consideration, but the service’s four-star chief of staff — Westmoreland from July 1968 through June 1972 — is not eligible to do so."""

Like I said, Stolen Valor.

“Stolen Valor” is a term applied to the phenomenon of people falsely claiming military awards or badges they did not earn.

Yep, Rain Man is a poser.

There is no such thing as a "full scholarship" to West Point.

Carson's central counter-claim is that he was given encouragement to attend West Point, but opted to not do so. And if the words "offered a full scholarship" didn't appear in his memoir, there wouldn't be a story at all. It's the repetition of a "scholarship" that was "offered" that muddies the waters for him.

Ben Carson’s West Point Claim Is Latest Controversy To Rattle His Campaign

It is the end. I know it is the end. I am forced to agree with Lakota. For the very first time, Lakota has got it right. I'm ready Elizabeth. Elizabeth Honey, I'm coming home.

Can't you read? It's Rain Man's constant use of "scholarship" that is his problem! He lied. West Point doesn't offer "scholarships" - one must be "nominated".

Admissions - Apply_Nominations

No he didn't. Like many people he may have thought along those lines. Many on here also think it's a scholarship. He was offered by General Westmoreland the opportunity for Westmoreland to open the door for him but he turned it down and opted for Yale instead. My own son was offered a nomination to attend West Point but he also turned it down. It happens all the time.

One of the parts of his lie is that he met and had dinner with Westmoreland.

Westmoreland was no where near where Carson was on that date.

Westmoreland's itinerary shows exactly where he was.

Whatcha think?

Really long forks?

Moderation Message:

Stay on THIS topic please. And by THIS topic -- I mean that title thingy and the opening post that goes with it.. Deleted a few off-topic posts in the last couple pages. Not going back farther than that.

You are in ZONE2 Folks --- just in case you're lost..

A West Point spokesperson told Politico that it is possible Carson spoke with the general, but records provided by the Army showed Westmoreland did not visit Detroit on the day Carson wrote about.

As recently as Aug. 13, Carson wrote on Facebook during his weekly Facebook chat that he was "thrilled to get an offer from West Point" but said he only applied to Yale.

Bill, that is true. I was the highest student ROTC member in Detroit and was thrilled to get an offer from West Point. But I knew medicine is what I wanted to do. So I applied to only one school. (it was all the money I had). I applied to Yale and thank God they accepted me. I often wonder what might have happened had they said no.
More: Ben Carson Campaign Admits Claim Of West Point Acceptance Is False

Holy shit, Army records showed that General Westmoreland was not even in Detroit on the day Carson wrote about.

West Point does not offer scholarships!

CTJMiRaWUAAj7lh.png

More: Ben Carson’s West Point Claim Is Latest Controversy To Rattle His Campaign

Well, actually they have advertised scholarships: Morgen on Twitter

Need an explanation from the attackers here. Plenty of web sites that gives the fees and tuition for West Point.
Here they are -------

2015-2016 Tuition & Fees
$0 in-state
$0 out-of-state

EVERY accepted candidate gets a totally FREE ride. To an 18 yr old Carson -- he remembers that as a "full scholarship".. And what do you need to get IN? Recommendations from connected, influential folks. That's all folks..

Where's the beef?? Gonna bust the chops of a memory that meant "full scholarship" to the 18 yr old?

More Leftard bullshit. Carsons campaign admitted no such thing.

Oh.....hi!

Are you a dedicated Carson supporter?
Carson is on the bottom of my list right above Trump.

Go look up the quote and stop being a parrot stooge.

Well then.....you are just here standing guard for the party. Cool.

Carson lied......his campaign died. You should be please. No?
Remember the drubbing the CNBC Leftards got from the debate crowd? Carson just picked up 10 points thanks to the Lame Stream Media.

Yes, every time the Liberals attack and show their racial bigotry, Carson gains in the polls and steals a few more women voters away from Hillary. They're to bigoted to learn though.

too two to tu'

Pick one.

Need an explanation from the attackers here. Plenty of web sites that gives the fees and tuition for West Point.
Here they are -------

2015-2016 Tuition & Fees
$0 in-state
$0 out-of-state

EVERY accepted candidate gets a totally FREE ride. To an 18 yr old Carson -- he remembers that as a "full scholarship".. And what do you need to get IN? Recommendations from connected, influential folks. That's all folks..

Where's the beef?? Gonna bust the chops of a memory that meant "full scholarship" to the 18 yr old?

If so he's done. Bad news for Clinton.

You mean a Republican LIED?

You mean a Republican LIED about Military Service?

Must a slow news day.

I gotta say - I don't mind that he lied about this and has gotten caught in several other lies as well as saying things that even the dumbest person knows is utterly and completely ridiculous.

I don't mind because its what we expect Repubs to do. Just as we expect RWNJs to make excuses for them.

Its what they do.

OTOH, those who accept his lying and make excuses for them are also those who side with Pootin over their own country and who think having known criminals in congress is just fine.

Those same people wouldn't vote for someone who works for the US anyway.
Frankly his bizarre statements about pyramids are more troublesome than this once I see quotes from the book. I don't know what his campaign is confessing to

I agree. You could almost understand that the young kid thought Westmoreland was offering him an education - except that he never met with Westmoreland.

What would have made sense is if he had said he misunderstood but he has retold that same lie at least three times and on video.

But he's an adult now and he's rewriting the bible. How do christians feel about that?

Thank God he didn't lie about his citizenship status! That would have been bad. Should we label everyone who believes that he lied as crazy or believers in conspiracy theories or would that be copying Obama?

Here they are -------

2015-2016 Tuition & Fees
$0 in-state
$0 out-of-state

Agreed.

Now that I see the book itself, I wonder what his campaign is apologizing for.

It seems that West Point has no record of his being offered a slot (call it a scholarship or whatever). General Westmoreland wasn't in Detroit the day Carson said he was. If the General said he would see to it that he got in; that is a different kettle of fish than an "offer" from the College itself.

For an 18 year old...details are probably murky and 40-50 years ago....I can see why. I can't remember lunch on Tuesday.

His comments about grain in the pyramids is more troublesome than this episode.

Here they are -------

2015-2016 Tuition & Fees
$0 in-state
$0 out-of-state

Did you read Westmoreland's itinerary?

http://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000150-ddb2-d03c-a55a-dff72c1f0000

He did not have dinner with Carson.

And, even if that PROOF was not there, why in the world would GENERAL Westmoreland meet with some unknown kid in Detroit? Why did Carson lie about that?

Now Carson is saying it was his ROTC supervisors who said he was offered a full scholarship to West Point.

What happened to his fictional dinner with Westmoreland?

How many variations will he try to foist off on us?

Thank God he didn't lie about his citizenship status! That would have been bad. Should we label everyone who believes that he lied as crazy or believers in conspiracy theories or would that be copying Obama?

Please don't bring Rubio and Cruz into this.

Just stick to the FACT that he lied about having dinner with Westmoreland and is now saying what he wrote in his book AND said several times this year is not true. Now its that his ROTC spuervisor got him the non-existent scholarship to West Point.

Frankly his bizarre statements about pyramids are more troublesome than this once I see quotes from the book. I don't know what his campaign is confessing to

He keeps changing the West Point story, now saying he didn't have dinner with Westmoreland and my bet is that he will add even more to this story in the future but yes -

I agree that rewriting the bible is pretty weird. No. More than that, its downright sick.

And having his prostate removed even though the supplement company that he lied about supposedly cured his cancer? He said he had it removed to be a "role model". Really? How weird is it to have a healthy organ removed, knowing that it would cause impotence?

And some of the other really bizarre stuff he's said. Earlier today, he said its not what he says, its what we know what he means. He has said that several times - "you know what I mean".

Like Drumpf, he's nuts and he has such a huge ego that he believes no one will dare to question him

Here they are -------

2015-2016 Tuition & Fees
$0 in-state
$0 out-of-state

Did you read Westmoreland's itinerary?

http://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000150-ddb2-d03c-a55a-dff72c1f0000

He did not have dinner with Carson.

And, even if that PROOF was not there, why in the world would GENERAL Westmoreland meet with some unknown kid in Detroit? Why did Carson lie about that?

Well then the question is -- WHO offered to recommend him and grease his skids into WPoint? Not this crap about a scholarship.. If it was his ROTC commander --- that might be enough. If he had dinner with dignitaries that Memorial Day evening -- any number of "Army guys" could look like General Westmoreland. He was 18. And NOT very adept about important mingling at dinners.

JUST GETTING invited to a dinner like that -- means that you're being recognized and groomed for recruitment.

If so he's done. Bad news for Clinton.

not really bad news for Clinton. she's not going to have to run against anyone who could beat her.

Any general election is binary. Hence a coin flip. A gaffe by the opponent is much more important than anything you do. She can gaffe like few others.

what about when Hillary coined the term "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy" over Jennifer Flowers, an accusation she knew when she did that ... was true ...

That lie OK with you? It's just a standard you hold for the Republican?

Was Ben there dude?

you forgot the rimshot.

what about when Hillary lied that all her grandparents were immigrants, that OK with you? Or it's an issue just when a Republican does it?

when did she say that?

link?

carson lied in his book.

carson seems to be delusional about a lot of things.

we understand you approve when wingers lie and that you lie for them.

Forum List

Back