PolitiFact Sheet: 3 things to know about the 'gun show loophole'

The biggest mistake you fools will make is believing we're inept or won't shoot back. You'll be on the run within a month.

You haven't thought that through very well, have you.

Let's take your hypothetical to it's logical conclusion. . . shall we?

It is your hope to pass the necessary legislation to criminalize 10 MILLION or more rifles and high capacity magazines which are currently in the hands of MILLIONS of citizens. Some percentage of the people who own those guns and high cap magazines are either criminals right now. . . or will BE criminals if your ban passes. . . because they will refuse to comply with your ban.

You will either have No gun at all or you will have a gun with far less capacity than the guns held by the "criminals" will have. Remember, you included yourself when you said "we" will "shoot back"

So, what are you going to shoot back WITH?

Give us an example.

What's so bad about background checks and gun "titles" so you can follow the ownership and wipe out straw purchases .
We already have background checks and straw purchases are illegal. Enforce the present laws. We don't need any new ones.

You can't enforce a law that doesn't exist. I can legally sell a gun to a felon because I can legally sell it without having him go through a background check..

That's an absolute lie, knowingly selling a gun to a prohibited person is a felony under current law.

Horse shit......anybody who wants one, gets one!

What's so bad about background checks and gun "titles" so you can follow the ownership and wipe out straw purchases .
We already have background checks and straw purchases are illegal. Enforce the present laws. We don't need any new ones.

You can't enforce a law that doesn't exist. I can legally sell a gun to a felon because I can legally sell it without having him go through a background check..

That's an absolute lie, knowingly selling a gun to a prohibited person is a felony under current law.

Are you saying it's legal to knowingly sell a firearm to a person you know to be a felon? Are you really as stupid as NYC?

How do you know who you or the next three guys are selling that gun to without a check?

Honestly, I don't give a shit, I addressed a specific statement made by NYC, he said he could legally sell to a felon and that is a pure unadulterated lie under current law. And why don't I give a shit? Because the vast majority of private sales occur between friends and family and quite frankly I'm damned tried of you regressives inventing problems to exert more control on law abiding citizens.
Honestly, I don't give a shit,

There in lies the problem. Take you position times a million or more private sellers and the country is awash in shady gun sales. Some guns no doubt being sold over and over passing to increasingly shadier hands.

You could inadvertently sell to a felon who may not have the best intentions without the benefit of a background check. In which case it is not a crime. It's only a crime if you knowingly do it. Who does your cousin Joe sell it to and so on and so on?

Fuck off an die asshole! Your quoting me out of context proves exactly how intellectually dishonest you regressives are. How about you prove your claim that there are millions of stranger hand to hand private sales, done by legal gun owners.

It was in context. You just don't like the sting.
I didn't say millions. I said times a million.
You don't believe there are at least 1 million private gun sales a year in a country of 300+ million guns? Who says a private gun sale has to be between legal owners? There's no way to know who is buying and who is selling without background checks.

Liar, it was out of context, I explained that statement later in the paragraph, you didn't include that explanation. Keep talking dude, you just proved exactly how big a fool you are. Illegal gun owners don't give a shit about current laws, are you so stupid to think they would suddenly comply with a new one? And once again you lied, you said times a million or more, not times a million. And no I don't think legal gun owners are making a million private sales to strangers, as I said earlier, most private sales are done between friends and family members and you have yet to prove me wrong.

I answered every point you made.
It was not out of context.

Last edited:
Read the parts in bold dope.

My god why do you fools like to play dumb so much? Do you think it's funny or trolly?
It only makes you look like a dope.

There is no universal check for PRIVATE gun sales, what part of that don't you understand?

Randal correctly said that, you keep arguing there are universal checks for LICENSED dealers. You aren't contradicting him

It's there for everyone to see dope. He asserted it more than once from the beginning.

Can you clarify what you think you're arguing? I thought you said that he said private gun sales are subject to background checks. Clearly he did not say that. He said they are not subject to background checks. What is it you think he said you think is wrong? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you
You're wrong.
I gave you a quote.
I said there is no federal law requiring background checks for private sales.
He responded with "bullshit".

That's pretty clear.

He keeps saying there is no Federal law requiring background checks for private sales as well, how does that make you think he's saying there is a Federal law requiring sales for background checks?

And he explained what he said "bullshit" to. You made it sound like there are mostly private sales going on at those events. He said his experience is they are mostly licensed dealers who do have to do background checks. Did you read his whole post or just the "bullshit?"

I'm not the only one calling him on it dude.
How can you be this far into a thread and still be so hopelessly lost?

The biggest mistake you fools will make is believing we're inept or won't shoot back. You'll be on the run within a month.

The biggest mistake we could make is believing anything you post - ever.

Besides, I thought the army was going to fight for you in your quest to crush the Bill of Rights? That's what Murderem.Org and ThinkDictatorship claim.

George Soros would never lie, he loves you and has your best interests at heart. Not since Pol Pot has a man cared as much about the people as Soros does...

Nice rant dope. :laugh:

I wasn't trying to hurt you. I was merely pointing to your idiocy so the other readers could have a good laugh. No comment from you was necessary.

You were merely trying to mangle his words to fit your anti-liberty agenda.

You only lie because freedom is too precious to allow just anyone to have it. You of the Khmer Rouge will ensure that only the elite have the better things in life - or even life itself, should the party decide.

I didn't even reference his words dope.

[

In a back alley, not from a legitimate seller.

IF your thugs ever get your way and crush the Bill of Rights as you desire; anybody who wants a gun will still get one. In a back alley.

Your attack is on the law abiding and ONLY the law abiding.

You know this, it is by design.

It is your hope to pass the necessary legislation to criminalize 10 MILLION or more rifles and high capacity magazines which are currently in the hands of MILLIONS of citizens. Some percentage of the people who own those guns and high cap magazines are either criminals right now. . . or will BE criminals if your ban passes. . . because they will refuse to comply with your ban.

You will either have No gun at all or you will have a gun with far less capacity than the guns held by the "criminals" will have. Remember, you included yourself when you said "we" will "shoot back"

Give us an example.
It requires no thought at all actually.
Let's take the whole idea that anyone is going to take up arms to the only logical conclusion. It's never going to happen.
It's a fantasy. I was merely poking you dopes in that sore spot and here you come getting up in my face like it was a serious challenge.
You're easy. You'll fall in the first wave.

Are you saying it's legal to knowingly sell a firearm to a person you know to be a felon? Are you really as stupid as NYC?

About 15 years ago I went to a gun show and met a man in the parking lot and bought a 30 30 rifle and never even went into the display area. That's how it works.

[

In a back alley, not from a legitimate seller.

IF your thugs ever get your way and crush the Bill of Rights as you desire; anybody who wants a gun will still get one. In a back alley.

Your attack is on the law abiding and ONLY the law abiding.

You know this, it is by design.

A private seller is just as legitimate under the current law as a licensed dealer.

[

I didn't even reference his words dope.

Ohhh lying, how clever you anti-liberty leftists are,

What was that about "civil war fantasies" sploogy? You in fact made a claim of what his intent was. Much as if I were to reference the Killing Fields fantasies you surely have.

How do you know who you or the next three guys are selling that gun to without a check?

Because if they commit a crime with that gun, they can be arrested...if they are a felon caught with that gun, they can be arrested.......no extra paperwork needed to do that......and the average street age of a crime gun in Chicago....11 years......and you can bet every time that gun changed hands in Chicago it didn't have a background check to do it....

Except they wouldn't have that gun if your shady ass hadn't sold it to him. The fact that no background check happens is the problem.

Thanks for showing us all the dopey mentality you all employ that puts guns in the hands of criminals.

If the criminal wants the gun and you mandate a background check.....twit...he will just have his sister buy the gun for him...since she has a clean record....thus, defeating your universal background check....

It isn't me that is putting guns in the hands of criminals...it is the prosecutors who aren't prosecuting gun crime in an election year....obama has reduced the number of federal gun prosecutions by over 30%.....

And on top of this........by increasing the cost of the background check...since now the gun store has not interest in doing the check since they aren't the ones selling the gun...it now costs me more to sell my legal item.........

You nuts kept blacks from voting back in the Jim Crow days by using Poll Taxes on the Right to vote, now you want to use increased taxes and fees to stop another Right.

Give us an example.
It requires no thought at all actually.
Let's take the whole idea that anyone is going to take up arms to the only logical conclusion. It's never going to happen.
It's a fantasy. I was merely poking you dopes in that sore spot and here you come getting up in my face like it was a serious challenge.
You're easy. You'll fall in the first wave.

To what organization will we fall?

Do go on.

Elaborate.

Tell us about the government you are imagining turning its weapons upon their own fellow citizens.

Because if they commit a crime with that gun, they can be arrested...if they are a felon caught with that gun, they can be arrested.......no extra paperwork needed to do that......and the average street age of a crime gun in Chicago....11 years......and you can bet every time that gun changed hands in Chicago it didn't have a background check to do it....

Except they wouldn't have that gun if your shady ass hadn't sold it to him. The fact that no background check happens is the problem.

Thanks for showing us all the dopey mentality you all employ that puts guns in the hands of criminals.

They are going to get the gun...the only one who won't get the gun is the law abiding citizen...the poor law abiding citizen who can't afford to pay the fee for the background check.

Honestly, I don't give a shit, I addressed a specific statement made by NYC, he said he could legally sell to a felon and that is a pure unadulterated lie under current law. And why don't I give a shit? Because the vast majority of private sales occur between friends and family and quite frankly I'm damned tried of you regressives inventing problems to exert more control on law abiding citizens.

There in lies the problem. Take you position times a million or more private sellers and the country is awash in shady gun sales. Some guns no doubt being sold over and over passing to increasingly shadier hands.

You could inadvertently sell to a felon who may not have the best intentions without the benefit of a background check. In which case it is not a crime. It's only a crime if you knowingly do it. Who does your cousin Joe sell it to and so on and so on?

Again.....if a felon wants your individual gun......he can just use the straw buyer he used to get the gun from the actual gun store....and he can use the straw buyer to buy your gun anyway, but now it costs you more money to sell that gun since you now have to pay for a background check.....

And each time the criminals sell their guns to other criminals....do you really think they are getting background checks on the other criminals...?

If you guys weren't so stupid you would be really, really dangerous....

Fuck off an die asshole! Your quoting me out of context proves exactly how intellectually dishonest you regressives are. How about you prove your claim that there are millions of stranger hand to hand private sales, done by legal gun owners.

You don't believe there are at least 1 million private gun sales a year in a country of 300+ million guns? Who says a private gun sale has to be between legal owners? There's no way to know who is buying and who is selling without background checks.

Yes there is.....if the buyer commits a crime with the gun he is arrested.

If the buyer is a felon and he is caught with the gun he is arrested.

The system falls apart when the two guys above aren't put in jail for a long time.....

And we can already arrest both guys with the laws we already have and we don't have to charge normal people extra money to do it.....

About 15 years ago I went to a gun show and met a man in the parking lot and bought a 30 30 rifle and never even went into the display area. That's how it works.

Yeah....and how would the law requiring a universal background check change that...if the guy selling the gun doesn't care about the law, and only wants the money? Can you explain that?

Liar, it was out of context, I explained that statement later in the paragraph, you didn't include that explanation. Keep talking dude, you just proved exactly how big a fool you are. Illegal gun owners don't give a shit about current laws, are you so stupid to think they would suddenly comply with a new one? And once again you lied, you said times a million or more, not times a million. And no I don't think legal gun owners are making a million private sales to strangers, as I said earlier, most private sales are done between friends and family members and you have yet to prove me wrong.

I answered every point you made.
It was not out of context.

You have yet to prove a million or more private sales by legal gun owners to strangers.

Forum List

Back