Poll: How should Mitch McConnell use his new Senate power?

Poll: How should Mitch McConnell use his new Senate power?

• Total voters
It will allow me to keep more of what I earn.
We pay for what's needed and allow you to make it here. For that there is a fee, called taxes. Sorry.
Sorry. I don't feel as though I need to pay for your lack of education and work ethic. Get a job and buy your own damned food.
I'll gladly pay taxes to pay for what the Constitution allows government to spend for. No more!
You'll pay what we tell you to. Deal with it, I do.
who is "we"?.....

This poll is for everyone - but mostly for those who voted Republican. Are you more interested in McConnell trying to make your life better or are you more interested in McConnell trying to make President Obama's life worse?
a1f40c98-439c-45ef-99d7-d30a94991eb8_zps20d894dc.jpg

Get over it, you LOST.

Ho hum, another disingenuous "poll" of false choices: Bills originate in Congress and, if passed, are sent to the President. Are you suggesting that Republicans might vote "no" on their own bills in order to "obstruct" the President?
They've done it before.

I think the election results show that the intent for Congress is to STOP Obama's agenda. I would say whatever Congress can do towards that end is the desire of those who voted.

Yeah, Fly Over country was busy yesterday with a lot of pigheaded old white men rushing to the polls with their walkers and oxygen masks.

You are such a huge freaking bigot :lol: And I love love love the fact you are just so bent out of shape at the magnitude of the ass kicking the Dems took.

Yeah, did they care when the polls showed how the people felt on how Obama should govern?

NOW they want to post polls to tell Republicans how they need to govern.

they just cant stand NOT BEING IN CONTROL OF THINGS

cracks me the hell up

What I love is the sons of bitches have the nerve to say after they had the ever loving shit kicked out of them on Tuesday night........

"We'd love to work together. We'd love to compromise"

:lmao:

I know right. I say screw them all even his sheep/tools

Yeah, did they care when the polls showed how the people felt on how Obama should govern?

NOW they want to post polls to tell Republicans how they need to govern.

they just cant stand NOT BEING IN CONTROL OF THINGS

cracks me the hell up

What I love is the sons of bitches have the nerve to say after they had the ever loving shit kicked out of them on Tuesday night........

"We'd love to work together. We'd love to compromise"

:lmao:

I know right. I say screw them all even his sheep/tools

I'm predicting the Dems are going to need a shit load of Extra Strength Immodium AD.

Republican bosses: We WILL repeal Obamacare. McConnell and Boehner promise showdown with White House over lame duck president's key policy

Mitch McConnell and John Boehner promise showdown over Obamacare Daily Mail Online

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
We pay for what's needed and allow you to make it here. For that there is a fee, called taxes. Sorry.
Sorry. I don't feel as though I need to pay for your lack of education and work ethic. Get a job and buy your own damned food.
I'll gladly pay taxes to pay for what the Constitution allows government to spend for. No more!
And "we" will be out of power. Go ahead! Add more and more freebies. We are already tired of it as witnessed Tuesday. Add more, and your party will cease to be relevant.

who is "we"?.....
I think "we" is the party that was formerly in power.

Some of you disgusting Nazi Tea Party anarchists make me ashamed to be an American.

This poll is for everyone - but mostly for those who voted Republican. Are you more interested in McConnell trying to make your life better or are you more interested in McConnell trying to make President Obama's life worse?

Depends, will McConnell take the 300 plus bills that Reid tabled and get them out to the Senate floor? If he does, then I think we will see a better Congress, if not, oh well.

Both the House and the Senate should pass the very best legislation for the country they can and send it on to the President's desk.

This has nothing to do with making Barry's life better or worse...this is about improving the US economy and letting people get back to work. Do that for the next two years and let Barack Obama decide what his legacy is going to be by what he vetoes.

Both the House and the Senate should pass the very best legislation for the country they can and send it on to the President's desk.

This has nothing to do with making Barry's life better or worse...this is about improving the US economy and letting people get back to work. Do that for the next two years and let Barack Obama decide what his legacy is going to be by what he vetoes.

Liar! The next two years will be a clusterfuck - and you love it.

Yeah, Granny all `xcited `bout dis one...

... she says Ol' Mitch oughta opeach Imbama...

... an' run him outta town onna rail...

... den bring back Fearless W...

... so he can finish gob-smackin'...

... dem terrorists in Iraq an' Syria.

McConnell, Boehner's Priorities Include 'Renewing Our Commitment to Repeal Obamacare'http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...rities-include-renewing-our-commitment-repeal
November 6, 2014 -- Republican leaders say they will "honor the voters' trust" by focusing first on jobs on the economy.
That means debating and voting on bills that passed the House and then stacked up in the Senate. "It also means renewing our commitment to repeal Obamacare, which is hurting the job market along with Americans’ health care," House Speaker John Boehner and presumed Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell wrote in an op-ed in Thursday's Wall Street Journal. Boehner and McConnell did not say they would repeal Obamacare; they simply renewed their "commitment" to do so. Moreover, Boehner and McConnell indicated they will take a piecemeal approach to Obamacare, rather than outright repeal.

Among the bills they intend to bring up, they specifically mentioned the Hire More Heroes Act, which would tweak Obamacare in a way that encourages employers to hire more veterans. They also mentioned a proposal to restore the traditional 40-hour definition of full-time employment. House Republicans previously have identified the "worst parts of Obamacare" as the tax on medical devices and the arbitrary definition of full-time work as 30 hours, instead of 40. In the past two years, the House has passed dozens of bills -- 54 by most counts -- to either repeal, defund, delay or tweak all or parts of The Affordable Care Act. Most recently, on Sept. 18, the House passed the Jobs for America Act (H.R. 4), which would have restored the traditional 40-hour work week, scrapped the medical device tax, and encouraged the hiring of veterans who are covered by other government health care plans.

Boehner and McConnell said the legislation they intend to pass will not "single-handedly turn around the economy," but they called their plan "a sensible and obvious first step." The two leaders promised not to repeat the mistakes of Democrats, who tried to "reshape large chunks of the nation's economy with massive bills that few Americans have read and fewer understand." They promised that congressional committees would "conduct meaningful oversight of federal agencies" as well as write and debate bills; and they said Democrats, soon to be in the minority, will be given the opportunity to "participate in the process of governing."

MORE

Last edited:
Sorry PantyHose, you are describing subjects, not citizens. We don't "need" cradle to grave care from mother government. Maybe you do but don't make us pay for it.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

That would be ideal, but I expect more of the same gridlock and no fundamental changes.

Forum List

Back