🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Poll: nearly half of republicans think Trump should have the authority to close down news outlets

I guess the first amendment should have limitations. They didn’t think this before of course. Trump just tells these respondents how to think I guess.

“Better still not mess with that second amendment though! That’s the sacred one! That fits in with my narrative still!”

Left center with a slight liberal bias? Wow - Ya sure got 'em now!
Guess that beats the extreme right, tinfoil hat sites we see linked around here so frequently. ;)

I guess the first amendment should have limitations. They didn’t think this before of course. Trump just tells these respondents how to think I guess.

“Better still not mess with that second amendment though! That’s the sacred one! That fits in with my narrative still!”

You mean MOST Republicans disagree?????

Spin Doctor asshole.

Are these the same Rs that loved GW?

~~~~~~
Although we are finding that news media are willing to sweep real news under the rug and social media is closing accounts they deem incompatible with their ideology. Whereas individual speech is being silenced and all the news is not being aired.

YouTube owns the platform. They have no obligation to disseminate people’s speech for them.

Guess that beats the extreme right, tinfoil hat sites we see linked around here so frequently. ;)
I am just giving perspective. Care to list one USA today article that leans remotely right? Go back as far as 24 mos.

~~~~~~
Although we are finding that news media are willing to sweep real news under the rug and social media is closing accounts they deem incompatible with their ideology. Whereas individual speech is being silenced and all the news is not being aired.

YouTube owns the platform. They have no obligation to disseminate people’s speech for them.

Does the same go for Facebook, and Google?

I am just giving perspective. Care to list one USA today article that leans remotely right? Go back as far as 24 mos.

Well, here's another opinion. USA Today essentially reports NEWS. They don't publish a lot of op-eds one way or the other. They do an excellent job with Sports and Entertainment, and print letters reflecting both conservative and progressive reader viewpoints.

USA TODAY media bias rating is Center.
USA TODAY has a Center media bias.​
AllSides has consistently rated USA TODAY as having a Center media bias. This means that USA TODAY does not predictably show opinions favoring either end of the political spectrum — conservative or liberal. A Center outlet either doesn't show much bias at all, or its bias leans to the left and right equally at different times.​
It's important to note that sometimes, a media outlet with a Center rating misses important perspectives. Some believe USA TODAY's editorial pieces have a Lean Left bias.
On Dec. 11, 2019, USA TODAY's editorial board published a piece calling for President Donald Trump's impeachment.​
A 2014 Pew Research Center study, "Where News Audiences Fit on the Political Spectrum" found USA TODAY's audience for political news is roughly evenly distributed across the ideological spectrum.​
As of April 2017, the majority of AllSides users who voted agreed with our bias rating of Center. As of July 2016, the average rating of all community feedback (agree and disagree) was Center, but much closer to Leaning Left. While ongoing research continues, the AllSides Media Bias Rating™ for USA TODAY remains Center.​
In an AllSides October 2013 Blind Bias Survey, participants rated USA TODAY as dead Center. A Blind Bias Survey is AllSides' most robust media bias rating method. We gather readers from all parts of the political bias spectrum, and have them read and rate articles blindly — without telling them which media outlet it came from. Then, we take the average bias rating of several articles from a given media outlet to arrive at our final bias rating.​

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

~~~~~~

They need to decide are they a content disseminator or just a conduit for free flowing contact. Different regulatory requirements.

Ideologues on both ends can become authoritarians when given an excuse.

One of their many shared characteristics.

~~~~~~

Yes, in fact it does.

Well, here's another opinion. USA Today essentially reports NEWS. They don't publish a lot of op-eds one way or the other. They do an excellent job with Sports and Entertainment, and print letters reflecting both conservative and progressive reader viewpoints.

USA TODAY media bias rating is Center.
USA TODAY has a Center media bias.​
AllSides has consistently rated USA TODAY as having a Center media bias. This means that USA TODAY does not predictably show opinions favoring either end of the political spectrum — conservative or liberal. A Center outlet either doesn't show much bias at all, or its bias leans to the left and right equally at different times.​
It's important to note that sometimes, a media outlet with a Center rating misses important perspectives. Some believe USA TODAY's editorial pieces have a Lean Left bias.
On Dec. 11, 2019, USA TODAY's editorial board published a piece calling for President Donald Trump's impeachment.​
A 2014 Pew Research Center study, "Where News Audiences Fit on the Political Spectrum" found USA TODAY's audience for political news is roughly evenly distributed across the ideological spectrum.​
As of April 2017, the majority of AllSides users who voted agreed with our bias rating of Center. As of July 2016, the average rating of all community feedback (agree and disagree) was Center, but much closer to Leaning Left. While ongoing research continues, the AllSides Media Bias Rating™ for USA TODAY remains Center.​
In an AllSides October 2013 Blind Bias Survey, participants rated USA TODAY as dead Center. A Blind Bias Survey is AllSides' most robust media bias rating method. We gather readers from all parts of the political bias spectrum, and have them read and rate articles blindly — without telling them which media outlet it came from. Then, we take the average bias rating of several articles from a given media outlet to arrive at our final bias rating.​

Then it should be easy to find one article that leans a little right?

This isn't about both sides. Both sides are but supporting giving the president power to shut down the media. Both sides are not about giving the president the power to use law enforcement to investigate his opposition whether it's real or made it up. It's time to stop talking about both sides when you see that one side is doing the things discussed in this thread.

This isn't about both sides. Both sides are but supporting giving the president power to shut down the media. Both sides are not about giving the president the power to use law enforcement to investigate his opposition whether it's real or made it up. It's time to stop talking about both sides when you see that one side is doing the things discussed in this thread.
I see both sides doing authoritarian things.

Should I lie and pretend I only see one side doing it?

Nope.

News "outlets" must not be shut down by government.

However traitors should be tried for their treason and, if convicted, be drawn and quartered on over-the-air (free) TV.

Republicans are simply anti American.

Have you made any headway with our resident idiots with regards to Black History education? ;)
Nah. But that was expected. Right wingers have no concept of personal responsibility. They can only tell everybody else to take it but they never do. Just like they have no concept of freedom. They talk about it, but what it means to them is they get to do what they want and everybody else must live by the rules they make for all others.

I see both sides doing authoritarian things.

Should I lie and pretend I only see one side doing it?
No you don't. You are lying to yourself when you say that.

Forum List

Back