Poll: People Stopped Watching the NFL Because of Colin Kaepernick

DVR is awesome. I'll go out in a Sunday afternoon, then start watching the game at 3pm, fast-forwarding through the stoppages until the game is over at 4.

And I'm certain it will remain that way, if these guys insert politics into what should be an escape from all the crap.

A plurality of people surveyed said that they stopped watching the NFL because of the quarterback’s national anthem protests.

[QUOTE

• Search for:

A plurality of people surveyed said that they stopped watching the NFL because of the quarterback’s national anthem protests.

Poll-People-Stopped-Watching-the-NFL-Because-of-Colin-Kaepernick-L.jpg

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017
5:07 pm
A new poll from J.D. Power of NFL viewers who had started to watch less games showed that the main reason for the decreased viewership was Colin Kaepernick’s anti-national anthem protests, according to ESPN.

The survey revealed that 26 percent of those who watched fewer games had tuned out due to Kaepernick’s protests. The second-most popular reason dealt with the NFL’s handling of issues related to rules and off-field player conduct at 24 percent.

According to ESPN, the NFL suffered a viewership drop this past season:

NFL game viewership on networks that broadcast games was down an average of 8 percent for the 2016 regular season versus the season before. Before the election (Nov. 8), games for the first nine weeks were down 14 percent compared to 2015. The final eight weeks saw only a drop of 1 percent compared to Weeks 10-17 in 2015.

Throughout the 2016 season, Kaepernick would kneel during the national anthem in protest on behalf of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Kaepernick, who played for the San Francisco 49ers for the past six season, remains a free agent this offseason. Some observers have attributed Kaepernick’s unemployment to his activism, while ignoring the fact that his team only won two games last season.
A whole 2% of all NFL viewers. Likely mostly dumbass conservatives who weren't really into the NFL to begin with.

Well I for one, have always been a huge NFL fan. When the Kaepernick flap came along and much of the focus turned to his actions and his complaints, it became a huge turn off to me, and I'm certain millions of others.

I don't watch football to get another lesson of Black Lives Matter, and the history of black suppression. I can get my fill of that watching any broadcast or cable news show.
TV sports is an escape from all of that. If I'm going to get beat over the head, I'll be tuning out.
In other words, you didn't give up football because of Kaepernick; which by the way, was barely noticeable. Players from my team did what he did. It was offensive but no big deal in terms of the game.

I never said I "gave it up". I said I watched less football, and it was because of Kaepernick and the focus that HE created.

Who knew Colin Kapaernick had so much power over the inbreds? :dunno:

He doesn't have power over anyone.
Most of us watch football for pleasurable entertainment, not to be preached at and disrespected by some inbred dufus.

Yeah, just like Tebow, right?

No excuse for such antics on the field.

Right?

[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Tebow's kneel downs were not even comparable, and was not offensive to the vast majority of Americans.

Is it him they hate or him openly enjoying his constitutional rights?

Do they feel they same about Tebow taking a knee to thank God for a touchdown?

Do people have a right to disagree with him and even stop watching games he's participating in? And do these same people have a right to cheer Tim Tebow simply because he worships God? Do these "constitutional rights" you speak of apply to everybody or just Kaepernick? If they apply to everybody then why do you care if they protest Kaepernick and cheer Tebow? It's their constitutional right.

I continued to watch. Not letting a nutjob leftist take away one of my passions. Had I lived there I may have reacted differently but I don't. My memories of the 49ers are from Joe Montana's era. This douchenozzel is but a blip on the radar.
Why watch pro-football?

What does it do for you?
The same thing as fishing or shooting my son in laws guns.

Why ask a stupid fucking question?
If you go fishing, you get fish.

If you go shooting, you gain skill with a gun, or can.

What the ever loving fucking hell do you get from watching football other than obviously dumber, fatter, grouchier and a bigger pain in the ass than Rosie O'Donnel?
What do you get from posting here other than dumber, fatter, grouchier and a bigger pain in the ass? Yet you still do anyway.

And I'm certain it will remain that way, if these guys insert politics into what should be an escape from all the crap.

[QUOTE

• Search for:

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017
A new poll from J.D. Power of NFL viewers who had started to watch less games showed that the main reason for the decreased viewership was Colin Kaepernick’s anti-national anthem protests, according to ESPN.

The survey revealed that 26 percent of those who watched fewer games had tuned out due to Kaepernick’s protests. The second-most popular reason dealt with the NFL’s handling of issues related to rules and off-field player conduct at 24 percent.

NFL game viewership on networks that broadcast games was down an average of 8 percent for the 2016 regular season versus the season before. Before the election (Nov. 8), games for the first nine weeks were down 14 percent compared to 2015. The final eight weeks saw only a drop of 1 percent compared to Weeks 10-17 in 2015.

Throughout the 2016 season, Kaepernick would kneel during the national anthem in protest on behalf of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Kaepernick, who played for the San Francisco 49ers for the past six season, remains a free agent this offseason. Some observers have attributed Kaepernick’s unemployment to his activism, while ignoring the fact that his team only won two games last season.
A whole 2% of all NFL viewers. Likely mostly dumbass conservatives who weren't really into the NFL to begin with.

Well I for one, have always been a huge NFL fan. When the Kaepernick flap came along and much of the focus turned to his actions and his complaints, it became a huge turn off to me, and I'm certain millions of others.

I don't watch football to get another lesson of Black Lives Matter, and the history of black suppression. I can get my fill of that watching any broadcast or cable news show.
TV sports is an escape from all of that. If I'm going to get beat over the head, I'll be tuning out.
In other words, you didn't give up football because of Kaepernick; which by the way, was barely noticeable. Players from my team did what he did. It was offensive but no big deal in terms of the game.

I never said I "gave it up". I said I watched less football, and it was because of Kaepernick and the focus that HE created.
Well, no, you didn't say you watch less football. But if you did because of Kaepernick, you're an idiot. Unless you watched 49ers games, you didn't see him at all; and if you watched most games on TV, you likely didn't see his protest because most televised games don't broadcast the National Anthem.

Do people have a right to disagree with him and even stop watching games he's participating in? And do these same people have a right to cheer Tim Tebow simply because he worships God? Do these "constitutional rights" you speak of apply to everybody or just Kaepernick? If they apply to everybody then why do you care if they protest Kaepernick and cheer Tebow? It's their constitutional right.
It's not about rights. Of course everyone has the right to not watch football because of Kaepernick's protests. It's about giving up something one enjoys because Kaepernick's protests, which most don't see anyway, offend them. That's just stupid.

[QUOTE

• Search for:

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017

[/QUOTE]

I predicted that this would happen, if it continued.

[QUOTE

• Search for:

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017

I predicted that this would happen, if it continued.[/QUOTE]
Viewership was down a whopping 2% because of Kaepernick.

[QUOTE

• Search for:

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017

Viewership was down a whopping 2% because of Kaepernick.[/QUOTE]

YOu keep having players who show contempt for the nation that the majority of viewers identify with, and that number will grow.

I stopped watching when they went on strike in the 1980's, but I do bet on games, and win, but don't watch the games..

[QUOTE

• Search for:

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017

Viewership was down a whopping 2% because of Kaepernick.

YOu keep having players who show contempt for the nation that the majority of viewers identify with, and that number will grow.[/QUOTE]
To 3%?

LOL

The NFL will survive. Meanwhile, dumbasses across the nation will miss out on a sport they love.

[QUOTE

• Search for:

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017

Where is the poll?

[QUOTE

• Search for:

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017

Well, no, you didn't say you watch less football. But if you did because of Kaepernick, you're an idiot. Unless you watched 49ers games, you didn't see him at all; and if you watched most games on TV, you likely didn't see his protest because most televised games don't broadcast the National Anthem.

Well, yes, I did as a matter of fact. Go back and read post #4 in this thread.

Here it is:

I definitely didn't stop watching, but I did indeed watch LESS because of Kaepernick and those like him.
I watch to escape all of the crap we deal with, and I'll be damned if I'm going to sit back and put up with football being turned into a political rally.

It's not about rights. Of course everyone has the right to not watch football because of Kaepernick's protests. It's about giving up something one enjoys because Kaepernick's protests, which most don't see anyway, offend them. That's just stupid.

It's just stupid to watch the NFL be a cowardly douche, concerning CK, without finding the NFL to be less enjoyable. But, I stopped watching the NFL before this, because I already knew the NFL was controlled by douches. Or, maybe I just grew intolerant of all those commercials on TV and high prices at the stadium.

Would you say the same if a blonde football player gave a nazi salute during the National Anthem? I know this, the cowardly douches at the NFL wouldn't say the blonde was exercising his right to free speech. It takes no courage to stand up to the most unpopular of beliefs in America.

Well, I can't speak to people who stopped watching football entirely over one guy. I still watched my team and other games as well. But I did not watch the 49ers anymore. I turned one of the Monday Night games off when the 49ers were playing and did something else. Colin did his little protest and I did mine. The 49ers sucked anyway so it wasn't much of a protest on my part admittedly.

Well, I can't speak to people who stopped watching football entirely over one guy. I still watched my team and other games as well. But I did not watch the 49ers anymore. I turned one of the Monday Night games off when the 49ers were playing and did something else. Colin did his little protest and I did mine. The 49ers sucked anyway so it wasn't much of a protest on my part admittedly.

Anyone who thinks this is just about one guy... Anyone who didn't at least reduce NFL viewing is a worthless excuse for a human being.

This is about the heart and soul of the NFL and about whether the NFL will move further to the Left. E.g. if the NFL didn't suffer a loss of viewers because of them letting CK use their stage for BLM protests, things like the NFL refusing to have Super Bowls in Red states would follow.

I quit watching football in protest of the NFL not firing Kaepernick sitting during the National Anthem when all the players were expected to stand. Like it or not, sports figures influence our youth. He was influencing our youth to do the same as him and some of them did. It undermined The parents desire for proper civic education and love of country we try to instill in our kids.
I'll be damned if I support an organization who would keep such a POS on their payroll.

I watch to escape all of the crap we deal with, and I'll be damned if I'm going to sit back and put up with football being turned into a political rally.
Yeah, this is pretty much where I am too. Politics has infected just about everything at this point, and if I can't watch something without it being politicized and turned into a fucking bumper sticker, there's plenty of other things I could be doing. The specific issue itself is irrelevant. I'm under zero (0) obligation to enable or participate in the further division of this country.

[QUOTE

• Search for:

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017

That's why no team will touch him with a 10-ft pole. It's not just about talent, it's about putting asses in seats and TV ratings.

Forum List

Back