POLL: Politics, Suicide & Depression in America

Are our political behaviors making us more & more miserable?

• Yes. We're doing this to ourselves by choice

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • No. There is no connection here.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • This is a problem of the other side, not mine.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Mango. I have no idea.

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
Suicide is a choice why do you want to tell people what choices they can or can't make?
Is that what I did?

Where did I do that?

d17999d8-22e6-4e41-9e66-96ef642fe58f-original.gif

You're all concerned about the choices other people make and you call those that aren't concerned about the choices other people make sociopaths

Ergo if one does not want to be a sociopath one must be concerned over the choices other people make

Suicide is a choice why do you want to tell people what choices they can or can't make?
Is that what I did?

Where did I do that?

You're all concerned about the choices other people make and you call those that aren't concerned about the choices other people make sociopaths

Ergo if one does not want to be a sociopath one must be concerned over the choices other people make
I think that our suicide and depression rates are problems.

You don't have to.

I won't bitch about what you think is important, as you are here.

Is that what I did?

Where did I do that?

You don't have to.

No you just called me a sociopath because I think suicide is a choice

Is that what I did?

Where did I do that?

You don't have to.

No you just called me a sociopath because I think suicide is a choice
Looks like we disagree, then.

No. Our political dysfunction and the increasing suicide rate are manifestations of a deeper problem.
I would agree with that.

I think this is an indication of an overall culture in decay.

Your government is backwards. It is no longer "for the people" or "by the people". It is government by special interests to the benefit of the wealthy. There is little being done which benefits your people. This is the greatest difference between the American system of government and the rest of the first world. Corporate interests and the interests of the wealthy take precedence over the needs of the people.

No. Our political dysfunction and the increasing suicide rate are manifestations of a deeper problem.
I would agree with that.

Your government is backwards. It is no longer "for the people" or "by the people". It is government by special interests to the benefit of the wealthy. There is little being done which benefits your people. This is the greatest difference between the American system of government and the rest of the first world. Corporate interests and the interests of the wealthy take precedence over the needs of the people.
It's always been the governemnt of special interests.

ALWAYS.

I would agree with that.

I agree we've gotten out of whack. Seems to me that much of what you describe is a function of our electoral system, which is (obviously) completely dominated by money.

That's not to say the whole thing needs to be thrown out. Change some of the rules and you can change behaviors.

I would agree with that.

ALWAYS.
There is a big difference in the special interests of an agricultural society and what we have witnessed as a result of becoming an industrial society.

I would agree with that.

ALWAYS.
There is a big difference in the special interests of an agricultural society and what we have witnessed as a result of becoming an industrial society.

Not really.

Those with money have been pulling political strings since the inception of politics

All governments are governemnt of special interests.

I would agree with that.

Let’s be honest, your type wouldn’t be happy unless every policy pushed was to benefit illegals and our lowest grade citizen...and frankly, if I were among the lowest grade as you clearly are, I’d probably feel the same way.
Also, link to us all your old posts to show you expressed outrage when the scrawny, Black Kenyan dude was spending record amounts on corporate America. Thanks in advance.

Stop taking me so literally. There has book burning events at college campuses but probably not on a wide enough scale to worry about. The point is, is that the left has completely rejected the old way of doing things in favor of this new ideology that blames masculinity and "whiteness" for all of the "problems" in this decadent age of prosperity brought about by those old, dead white men.
Sorry but the old way where 99% of the ceos being white males is over. I know to you those were the good old days but we are evolving

Who cares what color CEOs are?
Blacks care when 99% are white. You don’t get it?

Simple shit bud....you Black folk weren't built to be leaders...look around the globe.
I know, I know, you're not Black.
Should black people vote with you? Ha! Thank you for proving my point what republicans think about black people

If black people can pass a high logic ability test then they should vote

But history and science tells us who will be able to pass that test

Sorry but the old way where 99% of the ceos being white males is over. I know to you those were the good old days but we are evolving

Simple shit bud....you Black folk weren't built to be leaders...look around the globe.
Should black people vote with you? Ha! Thank you for proving my point what republicans think about black people

And it’s not you.

Whether that is true or not true Democrats perceive it to be true. The Democrat narrative is that even the simple act of providing an ID is beyond the ability of blacks much less any form of informed voter initiative.
And you have to remember that any system which weeds out less informed or qualified voters will be a huge blow to democrats.

Whether that is true or not true Democrats perceive it to be true. Even the simple act of providing an ID is considered beyond the ability of blacks much less any form of informed voter initiative.
And you have to remember that any system which weeds out less informed or qualified voters will be a huge blow to democrats.
How do we weed out the misinformed and under informed? That's you.

And it’s not you.
trump-tshirts-8d76bb5538a54f2c.jpeg

Whether that is true or not true Democrats perceive it to be true. Even the simple act of providing an ID is considered beyond the ability of blacks much less any form of informed voter initiative.

I don’t advocate it. But I enjoyed your knee jerk reaction. You know welll the damage to liberals that would result in setting standards for voting so you see that threat everywhere.

I don’t advocate it. But I enjoyed your knee jerk reaction. You know welll the damage to liberals that would result in setting standards for voting so you see that threat everywhere.
It is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Most Americans are underinformed and it doesn't really matter does it? Because I look at my surroundings in my state and in my city and I decide if the current party is going a good job. Then I either vote them out or re elect them. You act like they are stupid for not agreeing with you so they are too stupid to vote? That's such an arrogant and ignorant attitude.

Forum List

Back