POLL: This Russian Thing

What's going on here? Do I need to learn Russian? Would Rosetta Stone be best for that?

• Politicians and politicos talk to the Russians more than we know, not much to see here

Votes: 38 45.8%
  • It's pretty much a coincidence, there is no conspiracy or clandestine relationship

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • This stinks like hell and a full, wide-ranging investigation should be launched

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • There is clearly a troubling relationship of some kind between Trump & Co and the Russian government

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • What the fuck!

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Mango. You heard me. MANGO.

Votes: 9 10.8%

• Total voters
Exactly what is damning about an official meeting with a Senator 6 months ago?

Because Sessions claimed " I did not have communications with the Russians"

It was an official meeting, on the docket, and was in an official capacity as he was Senator. There was nothing illegal, immoral or unethical about it.
Sessions was asked if he had any "unofficial meetings" that The Trump Administration should know about. ...
This is untrue. At his confirmation hearing he was asked if he had had any meeting with Russian officials. There was no mention of "official" or "unofficial" meetings. Sessions said he had not been in contact with Russian officials during the Trump campaign. This is a lie. Furthermore, Sessions is not the man to be in charge of a federal investigation into the nature and extent of Russian involvement in the presidential election.

If Trump doesn't nip this traitorous shit in the bud real fast his presidency will crash and burn and that is the ultimate goal. Its time to crush the traitors.

Please cite US Code that prohibits Official Meetings with a foreign diplomat in a Senator's office half a year ago.
I am talking about all the leaking etc. Sessions didn't do a damn thing wrong. He met with 25 ambassadors last year.

Why was he discussing arm or nuclear deals, was that with the Presidents approval. Were these private meetings?
He's on the committee that deals with these things. He did nothing wrong. Period. Just whiny democrats still throwing a hissy fit bc they lost.

He is on the arms committee , not to make deals with foreign ambassadors.

If Trump doesn't nip this traitorous shit in the bud real fast his presidency will crash and burn and that is the ultimate goal. Its time to crush the traitors.

Please cite US Code that prohibits Official Meetings with a foreign diplomat in a Senator's office half a year ago.
I am talking about all the leaking etc. Sessions didn't do a damn thing wrong. He met with 25 ambassadors last year.
He was asked if he had any communication with the Russians during the presidential campaign and he said he hadn't. This was a lie under oath. Besides, why would a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee be chatting privately to the Russian ambassador?

Holy crap. Now Sessions. The stories just keep coming out.

What do you think is going on here, seriously?
Senators speak to the ambassadors of various nations, particularly the more powerful ones, as whatever committee they are on interacts with their foreign counterparts.

For example Senators and House critters on a committee overseeing social security will meet with the UK, Japanese, German, French, Russian, Chinese, etc counterparts to discuss how they are going to exchange social security payments by foreign nationals here from those countries, and vice versa. These meetings are generally assisted in being set up by th e ambassadors of that nation.

This is just more smoke and dust being kicked up by the Dimmocrats to keep people from seeing through their shenanigans, nothing more.

He's on the committee that deals with these things. He did nothing wrong. Period. Just whiny democrats still throwing a hissy fit bc they lost.
And that role often leads members of that committee to deal with foreign counter parts.

You are a blithering idiot.

Senators speak to the ambassadors of various nations, particularly the more powerful ones, as whatever committee they are on interacts with their foreign counterparts. ...
You are wrong. Members of the Senate Armed Forces Committee do not have secret talks with Russian officials and then lie about it under oath as Sessions did.

Senators speak to the ambassadors of various nations, particularly the more powerful ones, as whatever committee they are on interacts with their foreign counterparts.

For example Senators and House critters on a committee overseeing social security will meet with the UK, Japanese, German, French, Russian, Chinese, etc counterparts to discuss how they are going to exchange social security payments by foreign nationals here from those countries, and vice versa. These meetings are generally assisted in being set up by th e ambassadors of that nation.

This is just more smoke and dust being kicked up by the Dimmocrats to keep people from seeing through their shenanigans, nothing more.
The issue is going to revolve around the way he answered Franken's question. He kind of framed it that he didn't meet with any Russians in a surrogate capacity, but he kind of didn't.

The best thing to do here is have an investigation and get past it. If the Dems are wrong, the GOP needs to do what it can to prove they're wrong.

I don't think this issue will be out of the public eye for a long time, sadly.

The issue is going to revolve around the way he answered Franken's question. He kind of framed it that he didn't meet with any Russians in a surrogate capacity, but he kind of didn't.
Well listen to his testimony for yourself and see. The relevant segments begins at about 3:00 in the video below.

Sessions was asked if he had a political exchange of information with the Russians as a Trump surrogate, and he said he did not and he couldnt say more than that.

Sessions NEVER said he had no meetings with the Russians during Trumps campaign. He said he gave them no political information acting as a Trump surrogate, and so far there is no evidence to contradict that.

Sessions told congress "I did not have communications with the Russians"

And in the context of replying to Senator Al Frankensteins question, he was saying he had no exchange of political information as a Trump surrogate.

The best thing to do here is have an investigation and get past it. If the Dems are wrong, the GOP needs to do what it can to prove they're wrong.

I don't think this issue will be out of the public eye for a long time, sadly.
Most might agree with you. The problem, however, is that an investigation into whether the Russians interfered with the US presidential election on behalf of Trump should not be the responsibility of Sessions who met with the Russians twice during the campaign.

Why was he discussing arm or nuclear deals, was that with the Presidents approval. Were these private meetings?

They meet with ambassadors frequently. As senior member on the Arms Service committee it is part of their duties.
As Senators it is part of their duties.

And in the context of replying to Senator Al Frankensteins question, he was saying he had no exchange of political information as a Trump surrogate.

There is no context when making an absolute statement. Was there context when Bill Clinton said "I did not have sex with that woman"?

They meet with ambassadors frequently. As senior member on the Arms Service committee it is part of their duties.

Can you name even once when they met with the Iranian or Cuban ambassadors? You said it was part of their duties.

The Franken question was regarding the campaign. Ditto Leahy's written question. And Sessions answered appropriately.

Heaven's the D's are just desperate and foaming at the mouth.

:lol:

Can you name even once when they met with the Iranian or Cuban ambassadors? You said it was part of their duties.

Iran doesn't have an ambassador and the Cuban ambassador I believe was only appointed late in 2016.

I don't know if he's even approved yet.

U.S. senator: 'Unlikely' Cuba ambassador will be approved this year

There is no context when making an absolute statement. Was there context when Bill Clinton said "I did not have sex with that woman"?

Franken's question when not edited by the media specifically deals with the campaign and the exchange of information.

Same with Senator Leahy's question which was submitted on paper.

Well listen to his testimony for yourself and see. The relevant segments begins at about 3:00 in the video below.

Sessions was asked if he had a political exchange of information with the Russians as a Trump surrogate, and he said he did not and he couldnt say more than that.

Sessions NEVER said he had no meetings with the Russians during Trumps campaign. He said he gave them no political information acting as a Trump surrogate, and so far there is no evidence to contradict that.

This leaves people wondering why a member of Trump's team who was also on the Senate Armed Forces Committee was meeting with the Russian ambassador. Let's have it.

The Franken question was regarding the campaign. Ditto Leahy's written question. And Sessions answered appropriately.

:lol:

But the Session answer was "I did not have communications with the Russians". Similar to when Bill Clinton said "I did not sex with that woman" It turns out they did.

Forum List

Back