POLL: Trump, London, Celebrations & Protests

Why did Trump make these claims about the London protests?

• He was LYING: He knew they were protesting him and lied about it

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • He was SERIOUS: He convinced himself of the opposite of reality

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • He was RIGHT: There were only a few commie losers protesting him

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Tea & Mango Crumpets, please.

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Course the British press couldn't contain themselves when Trump made a visit yesterday.
Listen to all of the snitty comments the British press is making at Trump's expense.

Trump is such a difficult leader but the Queen is used to it.
They kept calling the car that Trump was riding in "The Beast" just so they can make fun of it.
This is so terrible how long Trump is making everyone wait.

This is what passes for news coverage these days.

Melania looks stunning as usual. What a change from Mooch clod hopping around the globe

Course the British press couldn't contain themselves when Trump made a visit yesterday.
Listen to all of the snitty comments the British press is making at Trump's expense.

They kept calling the car that Trump was riding in "The Beast" just so they can make fun of it.

So he was just telling the truth, and it was all fake news, except for a few commies?

That is one absolutely incredible response. I don't know what to say. Ya got me.

Thanks. I appreciate your input.

You're welcome.

After you get some more responses on the subject, we could discuss what you thought he should have done, and whether that would have been helpful.
Oh, I can tell you now. He could have said something intelligent, dignified and positive, like, "I did see the protests, and I absolutely support the right of those people to do so. It's my responsibility and obligation to pay attention, and I'm thankful that in the West we have the freedom to speak out. I will always support and advocate freedom of expression, whether I agree with it or not".

But this is not a man with those skills.
No, he's one of the least dignified humans on earth. No measured responses to criticism, all he has is knee jerk "she is a nasty poopy head."

Says the man, who's post, basically was nothing more that, "He is a nasty poopy head".
It's reality - Trump support is indicative of a clear lowering of standards. He's a literal parody character.

I totally understand supporting the direction of the Country as far as economics and policy, but to be somehow unaware of Trump's disturbed character at this point is just a head up the ass.
That is one absolutely incredible response. I don't know what to say. Ya got me.

Thanks. I appreciate your input.

You're welcome.

After you get some more responses on the subject, we could discuss what you thought he should have done, and whether that would have been helpful.
Oh, I can tell you now. He could have said something intelligent, dignified and positive, like, "I did see the protests, and I absolutely support the right of those people to do so. It's my responsibility and obligation to pay attention, and I'm thankful that in the West we have the freedom to speak out. I will always support and advocate freedom of expression, whether I agree with it or not".

No, he's one of the least dignified humans on earth. No measured responses to criticism, all he has is knee jerk "she is a nasty poopy head."

Says the man, who's post, basically was nothing more that, "He is a nasty poopy head".
It's reality - Trump support is indicative of a clear lowering of standards. He's a literal parody character.

I totally understand supporting the direction of the Country as far as economics and policy, but to be somehow unaware of Trump's disturbed character at this point is just a head up the ass.

His style is odd and to some, understandably off putting. His character? Two divorces is a big minus, off course.

But that is not what motivates the unbridled rage and hatred of the Left of this man.

It is his policies and the fact that he is able to push them, despite generations of lefties convincing themselves that they are taboo.

Trump's unashamed nationalism, and unashamed representing of the white working class, is what fills you with hate.

You're welcome.

You're welcome.

His style is odd and to some, understandably off putting. His character? Two divorces is a big minus, off course.

But that is not what motivates the unbridled rage and hatred of the Left of this man.

It is his policies and the fact that he is able to push them, despite generations of lefties convincing themselves that they are taboo.

Trump's unashamed nationalism, and unashamed representing of the white working class, is what fills you with hate.
I'm not interested in your delusions...the paradigm is pretty clear to rational, mature adults without some corny partisan team-game ax to grind. The guy's a fuckin idiot, sorry if you disagree.

So he was just telling the truth, and it was all fake news, except for a few commies?

The press was exaggerating.
Trump was trying to be positive.
I keep seeing reports of big crowds supporting Trump.

why should the TRUMP even mention the protests . I know that i wouldn't , media is doing the job of talking about the protests .

I'm not interested in your delusions...the paradigm is pretty clear to rational, mature adults without some corny partisan team-game ax to grind. The guy's a fuckin idiot, sorry if you disagree.

Your utter inability to support your position, on a discussion forum, is noted.

The guy is brilliant. His policies were the best available, and the economy is doing great, and the working poor are finally getting some love.

Well, that's a close a "yes" as I'm gonna get. Okay.

So calling the reports and videos - including those from London media - "fake news" is "positive"?

Your utter inability to support your position, on a discussion forum, is noted.

The guy is brilliant. His policies were the best available, and the economy is doing great, and the working poor are finally getting some love.
Support it?

Try googling trump lying about what trump said, on video, and enjoy the hundreds of clips dude.

And lying isn't the only issue. If you enjoy his twAtter mishaps, he has the most hilarious spelling errors on a regular basis and talks trash like a middle school dork.

What is bad is that the people are believing the media hype.
Jimmy Carter, the last actual liberal President we had said Trump is getting the worst treatment from the press than any other President in his lifetime...keep in mind...that includes Richard Nixon.
Is Trump awesome? Is he a dream come true?.... no, not really.
But is he even close to the demonic villain the media pounds into our heads daily??...no he is not.
He has actually done some pretty decent things. Some not so decent things. But then - name me a President who didn't do both.

Well, that's a close a "yes" as I'm gonna get. Okay.

So calling the reports and videos - including those from London media - "fake news" is "positive"?

Most reporting these days is opinion driven....which makes alot of it fake.
I just posted a video of the BBC coverage.....and it was illustrative of the kind of coverage Trump gets from liberals.
We see with our eyes and can make our own judgements, but they seem to feel the need to tell us what to think.
That's fake news.

What is bad is that the people are believing the media hype.
Jimmy Carter, the last actual liberal President we had said Trump is getting the worst treatment from the press than any other President in his lifetime...keep in mind...that includes Richard Nixon.
Is Trump awesome? Is he a dream come true?.... no, not really.
But is he even close to the demonic villain the media pounds into our heads daily??...no he is not.
He has actually done some pretty decent things. Some not so decent things. But then - name me a President who didn't do both.

True....but it's not mattering. Look at Trumps poll #s. People know fakery. We know that because after 2 years of getting hammered Trump prevailed in 2016.

Hammering Trump is an endeavor on the left that keeps them from being totally miserable....to zero political effect though.

NBC and MSNBC are owned by COMCAST who just a few weeks ago had a big, high dollar corporate fund raiser for Biden for the start of his campaign. Brian Roberts, their CEO was an Obama friend, supporter, financier, and financial bundler. He is a friend of Biden's also.

How can NBC be objective when their owner is in bed with the leading Democrat candidate? The entire leadership of Comcast, NBC, and MSNBC are Far Left, Progressive DEMOCRATS. How can you consider any of them "News" organizations? They are PROPAGANDA outlets for Democrats.

Okay, I'm not expecting a civil conversation on this one, but I'm damn curious.

Trump has blown a few minds (including mine) with his contention that (a) those people who were protesting him in London weren't actually protesting him, and (b) the crowds that were, were "small" and reports of them were "fake news".

Okay. Here's what I'm wondering.

Do you think he was just lying about that, or do you think that, in his mind, he convinced himself about that, or do you think he was right and London welcomed him with open arms?

I think it's entirely possible that he was being serious. It's what I talk about regularly here - the subconscious mind can be very powerful and trick us into believing the absurd.

Your votes and thoughts, please.

NBC's Richard Engel: Trump's London Fanfare Claim Is 'Delusional,' 'Deeply Disturbing' | HuffPost
One of Trump's mentor's was Norman Vincent Peale of The power of positive thinking. You are right, the subconscious mind can be powerful and in his case, always makes the glass half full.

Forum List

Back