Pollster John Della Volpe on the impact of Bernie's campaign: "He's moving a generation to the left"

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Last edited:
  • Banned
Bernie's advisors for 2020 include:

Keith Ellison
Bill McKibben, a leading environmentalist
James Zogby, the founder of the Arab American Institute
Cornel West, if you watch Bill Maher regularly you know who he is
Deborah Parker, a progressive leader in the Native American movement

They will grow older and wise up.

Think of the Vietnam demonstraters. Those same people
elected Donald Trump.

• Banned
They will grow older and wise up.

Think of the Vietnam demonstraters. Those same people
elected Donald Trump.
i was an obama supporter and voted for trump, proving your point, i guess. but i regret voting for trump. no wall no party!

I don't think he has had any effect at all really. As the article states they don't have landlines and don't answer their phones....signs of a smart generation.

• Banned
young people think they cant participate in politics because they don't "know enough". they come from a working class family & dont have a PHD in political science like me. while knowledge of policy is important, its not everything, kids. if one's heart is in the right place, if one has compassion, and a sense of justice, the other stuff will fall into place. in progressive politics, no one has to stand alone. we're all in this together

young people think they cant participate in politics because they don't "know enough". they come from a working class family & dont have a PHD in political science like me. while knowledge of policy is important, its not everything, kids. if one's heart is in the right place, if one has compassion, and a sense of justice, the other stuff will fall into place. in progressive politics, no one has to stand alone. we're all in this together

I'm not going to disagree with everything you've written, but people evolve
with age.

This group of young people will be no different.

There has always been a Generation Gap. And everybody has always been
on both sides of the Gap at some time in their life.

Forum List

Back