Powell Pleads Guilty, Required to Testify in Future Cases

Dem Gestapo forces a confession, shocker.
When nailed, squirm and squeal.

It's the pattern for diehard Trump bum kissers who attempted to subvert a democratic election and got caught.

There is no reason that the Trump goons who attacked outnumbered police defending Congress should be the only cultists punished for attempting to overcome the will of the American People.

A Michigan Republican accused of participating in a fake elector plot had all criminal charges dropped Thursday after he and the state Attorney General's office reached a cooperation deal.

Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 10.16.11 PM.png
James Renner was one of 16 Republicans who acted as false electors for Trump in 2020, according to charges announced in July by Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel. President Joe Biden won Michigan by nearly 155,000 votes, a result confirmed by a GOP-led state Senate investigation in 2021.
All 16 defendants pleaded not guilty to eight criminal charges, including multiple counts of forgery, after investigators say the group met following the 2020 presidential election and signed a document falsely stating they were the state’s “duly elected and qualified electors.”
In a statement, the state Attorney General's office said they dismissed the Renner case under a cooperation agreement. While the office did not elaborate further, cooperation agreements typically include talking to investigators and, if necessary, testifying against others.
[MSN]

When nailed, squirm and squeal.

It's the pattern for diehard Trump bum kissers who attempted to subvert a democratic election and got caught.

There is no reason that the Trump goons who attacked outnumbered police defending Congress should be the only cultists punished for attempting to overcome the will of the American People.

A Michigan Republican accused of participating in a fake elector plot had all criminal charges dropped Thursday after he and the state Attorney General's office reached a cooperation deal.

James Renner was one of 16 Republicans who acted as false electors for Trump in 2020, according to charges announced in July by Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel. President Joe Biden won Michigan by nearly 155,000 votes, a result confirmed by a GOP-led state Senate investigation in 2021.
All 16 defendants pleaded not guilty to eight criminal charges, including multiple counts of forgery, after investigators say the group met following the 2020 presidential election and signed a document falsely stating they were the state’s “duly elected and qualified electors.”
In a statement, the state Attorney General's office said they dismissed the Renner case under a cooperation agreement. While the office did not elaborate further, cooperation agreements typically include talking to investigators and, if necessary, testifying against others.
[MSN]
Go fascism!!!!

Usually not admissible unless you know the judge.
I wasn't arguing that.
I know 'hearsay' is questionable.

My point was......Hearsay can be 100% factual.

You fucking RWI's dismiss ANYTHING that others testify against trump as.....
1). Hearsay.....can be 100% true
2). Not True.....Fake News.
3). Witch Hunt.....Must get trump.
4). Traitors....RINO's....Deep State.

There ya go.

I wasn't arguing that.
I know 'hearsay' is questionable.

My point was......Hearsay can be 100% factual.

You fucking RWI's dismiss ANYTHING that others testify against trump as.....
1). Hearsay.....can be 100% true
2). Not True.....Fake News.
3). Witch Hunt.....Must get trump.
4). Traitors....RINO's....Deep State.

There ya go.
I believe the Biden corruption investigation is a witch hunt.

Twelve months probation as well as a $6,000.00 fine. And she must write a letter of apology. That she is required to testify for prosecutors should be making a few sphincters pucker...

The dominoes are begining of to fall , almost impossible to stop.

Still a big fail for prosecutors anyway you look at it.
She was charged with several felonies.

Couple of facts about plea bargains.

The first one to plea usually gets the best deal. It is not a function of what the government can prove. It's a function of what information the person pleading has. It's a function of what she's capable of giving to the prosecutor, in order to go after those higher up in the conspiracy.

There are instances when a prosecutor overcharges in order to get a defendant to plea guilty to lesser charges. Several facts speak against that.

First, Powell is a lawyer herself and not without means. She presumably can assess when a case is weak and can pay decent lawyers.

She did admit as part of the plea that the government can prove the accusations.

Pleading means she waves her fifth amendment rights. This exposes her to federal charges. If the case against her was weak and she was overcharged it would be incredibly dumb to plead out only to be charged federally.

However if she pleads both in Georgia and with Jack Smith she can avoid prison time altogether.

Now this has another logical implication. It would mean that Powell is confident that Smith would want her testimony because it's valuable, otherwise her exposure in Georgia would doom her in Washington.

Forum List

Back