praying during schools hour in US Public Schools

The school is not really.

Students have a first amendment right to practice their religion.
Read the OP

And the First Amendment says nothing about the state providing special accommodations for religious rites to be performed on public property.

In fact the state is prohibited by the First Amendment from doing that very thing

Read the OP

And the First Amendment says nothing about the state providing special accommodations for religious rites to be performed on public property.

In fact the state is prohibited by the First Amendment from doing that very thing

No, they are prohibited from supporting one but not the other.

No, they are prohibited from supporting one but not the other.
They are prohibited from passing any law promoting the establishment of any religion.

You are implying that the government can pass laws regarding religion as long as they include all religions. You are of course incorrect.

They are prohibited from passing any law promoting the establishment of any religion.

Right, there is no establishing anything by allowing a student practice their religion, whatever it is. You already noted that it's cool for a kid to pray in class before a test.

You are implying that the government can pass laws regarding religion as long as they include all religions. You are of course incorrect.

I'm implying nothing. BUT that said.........the courts have ruled along those lines........they have ruled that a school can restrict a religious group from using the facilities as long as they are equally restricting everyone.

Right, there is no establishing anything by allowing a student practice their religion, whatever it is. You already noted that it's cool for a kid to pray in class before a test.

I'm implying nothing. BUT that said.........the courts have ruled along those lines........they have ruled that a school can restrict a religious group from using the facilities as long as they are equally restricting everyone.
Islam is a religious establishment. No law can be passed that respects any religious establishment. Therefore passing a law that allows Muslims to practice their religion in a specified government provided public space would be unconstitutional.

Passing a law that excuses people from class to pray would likewise be unconstitutional.

And you don't seem to understand the difference between a person saying a prayer to himself , which requires no special accommodation, and the school setting aside a place and excusing people from classes to pray

That after all is the topic of the OP

Islam is a religious establishment. No law can be passed that respects any religious establishment. Therefore passing a law that allows Muslims to practice their religion in a specified government provided public space would be unconstitutional.

I have no idea of any such law. Do you have it handy?

Passing a law that excuses people from class to pray would likewise be unconstitutional.

And you don't seem to understand the difference between a person saying a prayer to himself , which requires no special accommodation, and the school setting aside a place and excusing people from classes to pray

That after all is the topic of the OP

I'll wait on this law before commenting.

You were going on about a law. The OP says nothing about a law.
OK so quote me where I said such a law existed.

I never said that did I?

I SAID it would be unconstitutional for any state to pass a law that requires the setting aside of a public school the the excusing of students from class to conduct religious activities

OK so quote me where I said such a law existed.

I have NO idea what your rambling about a law is supposed to mean. No one was discussing a law until you started rambling about one.

I never said that did I?

I SAID it would be unconstitutional for any state to pass a law that requires the setting aside of a public school the the excusing of students from class to conduct religious activities

No one is discussing a law. If you wish to stick to the topic, great. If not, I'll consider the discussion over.

I have NO idea what your rambling about a law is supposed to mean. No one was discussing a law until you started rambling about one.

No one is discussing a law. If you wish to stick to the topic, great. If not, I'll consider the discussion over.
I AM discussing the topic.

For a public school to create a space for any students to conduct religious activity would require some sort of legislation, to excuse some students from class attendance to participate in religious activates to be conducted on school property would require some sort of legislation

Those types of legislation are unconstitutional

But schools should not be required to provide people special exceptions for religion. Nor should work places. You're there on someone else's time and you're part of a larger group.
er, like Christmas time off?

All a Christian student needs to do is close their eyes and pray in private - no need to make a spectacle out of it (which is what Jesus actually taught).

The same should hold true for the supremacist cult we call Islam. There is no need to single them out by providing them special privileges that others do not enjoy -- ESPECIALLY since they make public prayer into an act of intimidations as their numbers grow and they start persecuting non- Muslims.

All a Christian student needs to do is close their eyes and pray in private - no need to make a spectacle out of it (which is what Jesus actually taught).

The same should hold true for the supremacist cult we call Islam. There is no need to single them out by providing them special privileges that others do not enjoy -- ESPECIALLY since they make public prayer into an act of intimidations as their numbers grow and they start persecuting non- Muslims.

Religion is OK as long as all practice it exactly the same?

As noted above, kids get Christmas and Easter off from school. How is that all equal?

One interesting other example to look at would be France, which has a strong ethic of separation of church and state since the Revolution. They also have a large diverse population of different religions.

Forum List

Back