praying during schools hour in US Public Schools

Islam is a religious establishment. No law can be passed that respects any religious establishment. Therefore passing a law that allows Muslims to practice their religion in a specified government provided public space would be unconstitutional.

Passing a law that excuses people from class to pray would likewise be unconstitutional.

And you don't seem to understand the difference between a person saying a prayer to himself , which requires no special accommodation, and the school setting aside a place and excusing people from classes to pray

That after all is the topic of the OP

Hate to tell you this but certain religions already get excused from all kinds of school events/classes because of their religion. Some Muslims cannot sing, cannot play instruments, or cannot take part in music classes altogether because their imam says music is forbidden (yeah, I know). So they go to the office during music class or whatever.

The "establishment of religion" clause in the Constitution only means that there will be no Church of America as in the Church of England. Has nothing to do with "public buildings". Citizens don't have their rights stripped because they are in a "public building"--that's ridiculous.

I AM discussing the topic.

For a public school to create a space for any students to conduct religious activity would require some sort of legislation, to excuse some students from class attendance to participate in religious activates to be conducted on school property would require some sort of legislation

Those types of legislation are unconstitutional

What on earth are you talking about "legislation"?

You think parents, admin and teachers have to consult stupid politicians every time a compromise is reached? Come on

Clearly not.

Whining, lying, and complaining about a non-issue such as how and where Muslims pray is bigoted nonsense.

Well, in the video in this thread, the teacher was greeted with Muslims praying in HER OFFICE and didn't know about it. SO yeah, that's a problem.

Hate to tell you this but certain religions already get excused from all kinds of school events/classes because of their religion. Some Muslims cannot sing, cannot play instruments, or cannot take part in music classes altogether because their imam says music is forbidden (yeah, I know). So they go to the office during music class or whatever.

The "establishment of religion" clause in the Constitution only means that there will be no Church of America as in the Church of England. Has nothing to do with "public buildings". Citizens don't have their rights stripped because they are in a "public building"--that's ridiculous.
Music class was never compulsory in any school I went to.

And the state cannot provide space in public buildings at the expense of the public for members of any particular religion.

Go ahead and try to get some sort of ordinance passed that requires such a thing and get back to me.

You can pray anywhere and I never said you couldn't the state however has no obligation to provide a venue for your religious activities.

What on earth are you talking about "legislation"?

You think parents, admin and teachers have to consult stupid politicians every time a compromise is reached? Come on
If there is going to be a special prayer room established in a school there will have to be some sort of ruling by the school board, to allow or disallow it. Such a ruling that allows it would be unconstitutional.

If there is going to be a special prayer room established in a school there will have to be some sort of ruling by the school board, to allow or disallow it. Such a ruling that allows it would be unconstitutional.

And yet there are entire restrooms dedicated to the "gender" whatever. Restrooms that were previously for staff.

Music class was never compulsory in any school I went to.

And the state cannot provide space in public buildings at the expense of the public for members of any particular religion.

Go ahead and try to get some sort of ordinance passed that requires such a thing and get back to me.

You can pray anywhere and I never said you couldn't the state however has no obligation to provide a venue for your religious activities.

What does "compulsory" mean at any rate? NOTHING in public schools is "compulsory" unless we start forcing families to send their children. We don't. They can homeschool, private school, whatever.

Supreme Ct decisions do not prohibit prayer during school hours. They only ban forcing students to pray. They can pray during recess, between classes or at lunchtime.
everything is going to hell in our public schools.

Many Muslims are native born
I am an atheist and have no problem setting aside a room for private prayer of any faith
As long as they don’t force me or my children to participate
where is the separation of church and state

Forum List

Back