Predictions

It's intimidation and it is against the election rules. Facts are facts.
Keep 'em comin', Jake. I'm really enjoying your frustration. :lol:
Jake! :lol: against election rules and intimidation? :lmao:

There's no way you believe the things you say. You're fucking with us :lol: Thats the only explanation
Trump runs many companies. He knows how to rip the guts out of the people who compete with him. I think there is a better than 50/50 chance he WILL pick a woman to tear away at Hillary's base.

And it will not be Palin. She will be bright, sharp and quick on her feet. Somebody who can be viewed as brilliant by the press and more importantly women voters.

Huffman would be a good pick.

Edumucate me gents. I saw the post about her but I'm totally ignorant as to who she is and why she would be good. Sell me on her ;)
Joan Huffman
"
Huffman is the Chairwoman of the Senate State Affairs Committee, Vice Chairwoman of the Senate Committee on Criminal Justice, and is also a member of the Senate Committee on Finance and the Legislative Budget Board.[3]

Huffman’s has been acknowledged by numerous advocacy groups. She was named a “Champion for Free Enterprise” by the Texas Association of Business, a “Taxpayer Champion” by Texans for Fiscal Responsibility and a “Big Voice for Little Texans” by Court Appointed Special Advocates for her work to protect children. She was also named a “Patient Care Champion” by the Harris County Medical Society, earned the TEXPAC “Patient Protection Award” from the Texas Medical Association, both for back-to-back legislative sessions, and is the only repeat recipient of the Texas District and County Attorneys Association’s “Law and Order Award” since its inception, for her efforts to improve victims’ protections and the criminal justice system. However, she was also cited as being the worst Texas Senator by Texas Monthly Magazine.[9]

Huffman won easy re-nomination to the state Senate in the Republican primary held on March 4, 2014. She defeated her only opponent, Derek A. Anthony, 32,962 (81.1 percent) to 7,691 (18.9 percent).[10]

In March 2015, Huffman proposed greater protection against libel for journalists who reportwhistleblower claims which turn out to have been false but which the reporters believed accurate at the time of media release. Huffman's plan is awaiting action in her State Affairs Committee.[11]"
Joan Huffman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hmmmm....this >>>>> "she was also cited as being the worst Texas Senator by Texas Monthly Magazine"

So she has a record that can be picked apart and trashed. They'll have a field day with her. That eliminates her right off the bat. Trump won't touch this one. I know I wouldn't.

Trump is likely to run the table through Super Tuesday, prompting Cruz and Rubio to both drop out but I don't think he would want Kasich on the ticket. I think Carson will finish ahead of Kasich.
Well there is that woman. Joanie? She is a first term. But what I read about her is outstanding. And it would rip in to Hillary's female base.
Joanie?
Joan Huffman
"
Huffman is the Chairwoman of the Senate State Affairs Committee, Vice Chairwoman of the Senate Committee on Criminal Justice, and is also a member of the Senate Committee on Finance and the Legislative Budget Board.[3]

Huffman’s has been acknowledged by numerous advocacy groups. She was named a “Champion for Free Enterprise” by the Texas Association of Business, a “Taxpayer Champion” by Texans for Fiscal Responsibility and a “Big Voice for Little Texans” by Court Appointed Special Advocates for her work to protect children. She was also named a “Patient Care Champion” by the Harris County Medical Society, earned the TEXPAC “Patient Protection Award” from the Texas Medical Association, both for back-to-back legislative sessions, and is the only repeat recipient of the Texas District and County Attorneys Association’s “Law and Order Award” since its inception, for her efforts to improve victims’ protections and the criminal justice system. However, she was also cited as being the worst Texas Senator by Texas Monthly Magazine. [9]

Huffman won easy re-nomination to the state Senate in the Republican primary held on March 4, 2014. She defeated her only opponent, Derek A. Anthony, 32,962 (81.1 percent) to 7,691 (18.9 percent).[10]

In March 2015, Huffman proposed greater protection against libel for journalists who report whistleblower claims which turn out to have been false but which the reporters believed accurate at the time of media release. Huffman's plan is awaiting action in her State Affairs Committee.[11]"

THAT hands you Texas
Trump is likely to run the table through Super Tuesday, prompting Cruz and Rubio to both drop out but I don't think he would want Kasich on the ticket. I think Carson will finish ahead of Kasich.
Well there is that woman. Joanie? She is a first term. But what I read about her is outstanding. And it would rip in to Hillary's female base.
Joanie?
Joan Huffman
"

Huffman’s has been acknowledged by numerous advocacy groups. She was named a “Champion for Free Enterprise” by the Texas Association of Business, a “Taxpayer Champion” by Texans for Fiscal Responsibility and a “Big Voice for Little Texans” by Court Appointed Special Advocates for her work to protect children. She was also named a “Patient Care Champion” by the Harris County Medical Society, earned the TEXPAC “Patient Protection Award” from the Texas Medical Association, both for back-to-back legislative sessions, and is the only repeat recipient of the Texas District and County Attorneys Association’s “Law and Order Award” since its inception, for her efforts to improve victims’ protections and the criminal justice system. However, she was also cited as being the worst Texas Senator by Texas Monthly Magazine. [9]

In March 2015, Huffman proposed greater protection against libel for journalists who report whistleblower claims which turn out to have been false but which the reporters believed accurate at the time of media release. Huffman's plan is awaiting action in her State Affairs Committee.[11]"

THAT hands you Texas

if a Republican has to make a VP pick to secure Texas then there is no way - NONE - that the Republican can win the election. If Texas is in doubt that means a whole lot of other states are being lost first and it will be a Hilary blow out. Of that much you can be certain.

In this day I think even Trump has to give some pause to having two white guys on the ticket. I don't know if he will but it is a relevant consideration
Trump has no worry about Texas in Nov, but Hoffman would help him with the tougher sex.

But if he did lose Tx, he might as well go and do Zoom and die now.

I don't know who this woman is and she may well be fantastic but its a big risk for him to go with an unknown plus that is a HUGE leap from the Texas state Senate to VP. HUGE. Theres just got to be a lot of risk to it.

Keep 'em comin', Jake. I'm really enjoying your frustration. :lol:
Jake! :lol: against election rules and intimidation? :lmao:

There's no way you believe the things you say. You're fucking with us :lol: Thats the only explanation
Trump runs many companies. He knows how to rip the guts out of the people who compete with him. I think there is a better than 50/50 chance he WILL pick a woman to tear away at Hillary's base.

And it will not be Palin. She will be bright, sharp and quick on her feet. Somebody who can be viewed as brilliant by the press and more importantly women voters.

Huffman would be a good pick.

Edumucate me gents. I saw the post about her but I'm totally ignorant as to who she is and why she would be good. Sell me on her ;)
Joan Huffman
"

Huffman’s has been acknowledged by numerous advocacy groups. She was named a “Champion for Free Enterprise” by the Texas Association of Business, a “Taxpayer Champion” by Texans for Fiscal Responsibility and a “Big Voice for Little Texans” by Court Appointed Special Advocates for her work to protect children. She was also named a “Patient Care Champion” by the Harris County Medical Society, earned the TEXPAC “Patient Protection Award” from the Texas Medical Association, both for back-to-back legislative sessions, and is the only repeat recipient of the Texas District and County Attorneys Association’s “Law and Order Award” since its inception, for her efforts to improve victims’ protections and the criminal justice system. However, she was also cited as being the worst Texas Senator by Texas Monthly Magazine.[9]

In March 2015, Huffman proposed greater protection against libel for journalists who reportwhistleblower claims which turn out to have been false but which the reporters believed accurate at the time of media release. Huffman's plan is awaiting action in her State Affairs Committee.[11]"
Hmmmm....this >>>>> "she was also cited as being the worst Texas Senator by Texas Monthly Magazine"

So she has a record that can be picked apart and trashed. They'll have a field day with her. That eliminates her right off the bat. Trump won't touch this one. I know I wouldn't.
The worst came as a result of some in fighting. I read the report and I think she was right. Texans tend to have spine and thick skin. She would hold up better then a Palin.

Joanie?
Joan Huffman
"

THAT hands you Texas
Joanie?
Joan Huffman
"

THAT hands you Texas

if a Republican has to make a VP pick to secure Texas then there is no way - NONE - that the Republican can win the election. If Texas is in doubt that means a whole lot of other states are being lost first and it will be a Hilary blow out. Of that much you can be certain.

In this day I think even Trump has to give some pause to having two white guys on the ticket. I don't know if he will but it is a relevant consideration
Trump has no worry about Texas in Nov, but Hoffman would help him with the tougher sex.

But if he did lose Tx, he might as well go and do Zoom and die now.

I don't know who this woman is and she may well be fantastic but its a big risk for him to go with an unknown plus that is a HUGE leap from the Texas state Senate to VP. HUGE. Theres just got to be a lot of risk to it.
He needs another "outsider" to pick a "wonk" would hurt him.

A part of me thinks he needs someone in the Political arena. Some one who knows a thing or two about the system. Then again an outsider is always good. Problem with an outsider though is they MUST be skilled in debate and know their shit. Too much is on the line.

A part of me thinks he needs someone in the Political arena. Some one who knows a thing or two about the system. Then again an outsider is always good. Problem with an outsider though is they MUST be skilled in debate and know their shit. Too much is on the line.
You find a woman who can do that and the White House is yours.
I think the major with Hillary is women see what Legacy Obama has given Negro's.

Women expect better and more from their first. They are in this for the long haul NOT the sound bite. You find a truly qualified woman and the votes WILL be there across party lines.

Frankly, I don't know how anyone who is looking at the numbers can honestly believe he isn't going to win the nomination at this point. I think you have to be in serious denial if you still think he won't win

Simple, as the other candidates drop out, they aren't going to Trump. No one has Rubio 1, Trump 2, Cruz 3 or vice versa

Well what we're seeing so far is they are going to the top 3... Trump, Rubio and Cruz. Since Trump already has a double-digit lead, he continues to lead. Every person who is supporting Carson isn't going to switch to Rubio or Cruz or even Trump... every person is an individual who will decide who else they support or they may not vote at all.

In Nevada, Rubio + Cruz = Trump. And that was party insiders, not a general primary. In every other state so far, Rubio + Cruz > Trump. Your awarding Trump the nomination is way premature. No one picks Trump second. He's first or last on every Republican's list. And the best he's done in a general primary so far is about 1/3 the voters. Trump is a long shot

Frankly, I don't know how anyone who is looking at the numbers can honestly believe he isn't going to win the nomination at this point. I think you have to be in serious denial if you still think he won't win

Simple, as the other candidates drop out, they aren't going to Trump. No one has Rubio 1, Trump 2, Cruz 3 or vice versa

Well what we're seeing so far is they are going to the top 3... Trump, Rubio and Cruz. Since Trump already has a double-digit lead, he continues to lead. Every person who is supporting Carson isn't going to switch to Rubio or Cruz or even Trump... every person is an individual who will decide who else they support or they may not vote at all.

Negrous like other blacks ?! Ben Carson youre favorite like my favorite but I am sure it is nothing about Carson now. He gonna lose 2016 !!

Black has nothing to do with anything. Dr. Carson is a smart man and a great voice of conservatism. He is inspirational as a speaker but he simply lacks the political acumen needed to convince America he is the man for the job. I really wish he did, I love Dr. Carson. His shortcomings have nothing to do with what color his skin is.

My point still stands... because one candidate drops out, doesn't mean that candidate's supporters are going to take off running to another candidate with the same enthusiasm. To say, oh... if Kasich drops out, Rubio will get his votes... that's just dumb. He may get SOME of those votes, he may not get any.

We're not talking about general candidates here. People either like trump or they don't. He's very different. no one puts 1) Rubio 2) Trump 3) Cruz. Trump is #1 or #3 for virtually everyone

In Nevada, Rubio + Cruz = Trump. And that was party insiders, not a general primary. In every other state so far, Rubio + Cruz > Trump. Your awarding Trump the nomination is way premature. No one picks Trump second. He's first or last on every Republican's list. And the best he's done in a general primary so far is about 1/3 the voters. Trump is a long shot

I am not awarding anyone anything, just looking at the current polling and it all favors Trump. Look... what's happening now is, Carson and Kasich are non-factors. They are out... no path to the nomination. Trump and Rubio are viciously attacking Cruz in order to take him out. Trump wants to run against Rubio and Rubio want to be the one between himself and Cruz to run against Trump. But Trump is going to cream Rubio in that scenario on the illegal immigration issue alone. Cruz is the only candidate who has any chance of beating Trump but... he cannot ward off the attacks from Trump, Rubio, the media, the establishment, the sycophants, the talking heads, the liberals and everyone except his supporters and his mom... constantly and relentlessly attacking him every day.

I'm a Cruz supporter, that's who I plan to vote for. I hope that he can win the nomination and I think there is still a possibility he can.... but people are going to have to wake up and smell the coffee here, and I don't know if they will. But watch what happens here... Carson and Kasich will be out soon... Cruz will hang in there as long as he can but will eventually have to acquiesce amid the onslaught of attacks and this will come down the stretch to a race between Trump and Rubio... watch what happens then... Trump will turn on Rubio like a rabid dog... Rubio will be the most stupid goofball to ever seek the nomination... his abysmal record on immigration will be used against him and Trump will win the nomination going away.

But at what cost? Trump will have completely alienated the vast majority of Republicans who didn't support him and are never going to support him after the mean and vicious things he has said about their candidates. I will honestly be amazed if he finds a way to win the general election without them.

FA_Q2 remember we have a bet when Trump gets the nomination. I haven't forgot ;)

I hope Trump is smart enough to not choose Kasich as his VP. While I think Kasich is a nice man, he's too 'soft'. VP needs to have a set of balls that drag on the ground or if its a woman she needs to be handy with the steel earn your keep if you know what I mean........Regulators! Mount up

I do wonder who he'll pick and do not even have a guess of who it could be. Private sector possible?

He'll want someone he can dominate and yet seem "strong" in his/her own right. And he's smart enough to know he should "balance" the ticket. A solid conservative (not a nutter) who doesn't have the New York/East Coast baggage with them. Some see a misogynistic streak in him, a woman with the other necessary traits would be good, if not at least a male with a better rep among women. Foreign policy cred would be an asset. If he doesn't pick a woman I think he'll have to go minority. In the general against two liberals he'll want to get at least a good chunk of minority support if he can. As a matter of fact a minority candidate with smart and moderate conservative positions might attract enough independents and disgruntled Dems to more than make up for lukewarm establishment Republican support. That would be most of my wish list if I was Trump.

Myself I'd look at the Republican governor of Nevada real hard, Brian Sandoval, who Obama may or may not be wooing for SCOTUS.

FA_Q2 remember we have a bet when Trump gets the nomination. I haven't forgot ;)

I hope Trump is smart enough to not choose Kasich as his VP. While I think Kasich is a nice man, he's too 'soft'. VP needs to have a set of balls that drag on the ground or if its a woman she needs to be handy with the steel earn your keep if you know what I mean........Regulators! Mount up

I do wonder who he'll pick and do not even have a guess of who it could be. Private sector possible?

He'll want someone he can dominate and yet seem "strong" in his/her own right. And he's smart enough to know he should "balance" the ticket. A solid conservative (not a nutter) who doesn't have the New York/East Coast baggage with them. Some see a misogynistic streak in him, a woman with the other necessary traits would be good, if not at least a male with a better rep among women. Foreign policy cred would be an asset. If he doesn't pick a woman I think he'll have to go minority. In the general against two liberals he'll want to get at least a good chunk of minority support if he can. As a matter of fact a minority candidate with smart and moderate conservative positions might attract enough independents and disgruntled Dems to more than make up for lukewarm establishment Republican support. That would be most of my wish list if I was Trump.

Myself I'd look at the Republican governor of Nevada real hard, Brian Sandoval, who Obama may or may not be wooing for SCOTUS.
He's already gonna get a good chunk of the black vote. He won't need to pander to any group.

I am not awarding anyone anything, just looking at the current polling and it all favors Trump

Not awarding Trump the nomination? It's what started our discussion. You said i'm in "serious denial" because I think a guy who isn't getting more than a third of the Republican vote consistently and turns off the other 2/3 won't win. Yeah, I think he won't win the nomination

Trump won't win the nomination, but if he did, Scott Brown would be an insane pick. Trump is going to seriously struggle with Conservatives. He needs to pick someone who's going to appeal to Rubio/Cruz voters and that sure isn't Scott Brown

Frankly, I don't know how anyone who is looking at the numbers can honestly believe he isn't going to win the nomination at this point. I think you have to be in serious denial if you still think he won't win. Now... With regard to Rubio/Cruz voters... you're talking about the Establishment voters and the Conservative voters.... pick one and the other is going to feel slighted... Scott Brown is someone not tied to either camp and he is also a more moderate-appealing choice who could draw Democrat support

Hey... he's not MY pick but neither is Trump... I'm simply relaying some gossip from people who know people.
Look... what's happening now is, Carson and Kasich are non-factors. They are out... no path to the nomination. Trump and Rubio are viciously attacking Cruz in order to take him out. Trump wants to run against Rubio and Rubio want to be the one between himself and Cruz to run against Trump. But Trump is going to cream Rubio in that scenario on the illegal immigration issue alone. Cruz is the only candidate who has any chance of beating Trump but... he cannot ward off the attacks from Trump, Rubio, the media, the establishment, the sycophants, the talking heads, the liberals and everyone except his supporters and his mom... constantly and relentlessly attacking him every day.

I'm a Cruz supporter, that's who I plan to vote for. I hope that he can win the nomination and I think there is still a possibility he can.... but people are going to have to wake up and smell the coffee here, and I don't know if they will. But watch what happens here... Carson and Kasich will be out soon... Cruz will hang in there as long as he can but will eventually have to acquiesce amid the onslaught of attacks and this will come down the stretch to a race between Trump and Rubio... watch what happens then... Trump will turn on Rubio like a rabid dog... Rubio will be the most stupid goofball to ever seek the nomination... his abysmal record on immigration will be used against him and Trump will win the nomination going away.

But at what cost? Trump will have completely alienated the vast majority of Republicans who didn't support him and are never going to support him after the mean and vicious things he has said about their candidates. I will honestly be amazed if he finds a way to win the general election without them.

Frankly, I don't know how anyone who is looking at the numbers can honestly believe he isn't going to win the nomination at this point. I think you have to be in serious denial if you still think he won't win.

I was a Cruz supporter initially (after Rand who I thought had no chance). And while I agree with him more than other Republicans, he's got foot in mouth syndrome. He concerns me for his lack of ability to not say something stupid. I'm open to Rubio or Cruz, but I can't say for sure I'd actually vote for either. I'm not a Republican, I left the party because I got tired of voting for the lesser evil. They have to convince me I want to vote for them.

I agree with most of what you said. We usually agree, not always. But I totally disagree with you that Trump has the nomination sewn up. Everyone who isn't supporting him puts him last on their ballot. You make a pretty good observation as to why. He turns us off. I like he's pissed at DC, but I don't like what he's saying he's going to do about it.

Last edited:
Not awarding Trump the nomination? It's what started our discussion. You said i'm in "serious denial" because I think a guy who isn't getting more than a third of the Republican vote consistently and turns off the other 2/3 won't win. Yeah, I think he won't win the nomination

Well who the hell do you think is going to win it, kaz? Rubio who is literally afraid to address a conservative audience? Cruz who everyone has suddenly turned into a bigger liar than Hillary Clinton? Maybe you think Carson is poised to make a comeback... or maybe your boy Rand Paul will suddenly jump back in the race to save the day?

I just don't see any scenario where Trump doesn't win at this point. The very thing that propelled Trump to the top from Day 1 has been his strong stand on illegal immigration... that's Rubio's #1 weakness! Have you failed to notice that Trump has not gone after Rubio at all? Rubio hasn't gone after Trump... they both want to be the Top 2... and in that scenario, Trump is going to eat his proverbial lunch.

Forum List

Back