Pregnancy-A Question For Men

I hardly get on facebook anymore and I don't give out that kind of information. I don't know why I'm doing it here, but I guess there's something about talking with a stranger that's more comfortable than talking with someone you know.

Be sensitive to those who are expecting, please and thank you.

What do you men think of the single expectant moms?

I love babies and I love moms. As long as they plan on taking care of their precious, little person I'm supportive. The circumstances surrounding their pregnancy is of no consequence as there's no reason to cry over spilt milk. At this point they need to step up and do the best they can to provide and care for mankind's most valuable resource -- human beings.

Be sensitive to those who are expecting, please and thank you.

What do you men think of the single expectant moms?

five bucks and Two minutes at the drug store would have prevented a child from suffering a life with one parent missing.

Most single mothers (not divorced or widows) are idiots.
children are the biggest responsibility you will ever have and one person cannot do the job.

the history is there, the research has been done, children of single parents suffer needlessly.

And what about the thousands of single parents that are successful in raising their family? I'm a single mother but my son's father is still involved in his life. In fact, my son's father is a wonderful dad but a crappy partner. He had me in tears practically the whole time I was pregnant with Malikai. I'm much happier not with him, and we get a long a whole lot better not living together. There are plenty of single parents who go against the tide and the "research" and are wonderful parents. What you are saying is not true at all. Not true with everyone.

The absolute worst thing you can do is to fight in front of the child.

Splitting up was the better course of action.

Raising a child as a single Mom is tough and doing a creditable job of it is even harder.

But it CAN be done and, against the odds, others ARE doing it.

So, I wish you every good luck.

There are a lot of good folks who were raised by a single parent and there are a lot of jerks who were raised by both parents. "WHO" and "how many" raise a child isn't as important as "HOW" a child is raised. Love (sometimes tough love), personal attention, food, water, shelter, proper guidance, good examples, truth, honesty, and education are foundational to a successful future.

However, in the case of single mother's with multiple children, I would guess that nurture is the more likely influence over behavior and that more often than not, conditions will not prevail to make an ideal nurturing environment in with single mothers.

Behavior is heritable. The literature in behavioral genetics has been upsetting a lot of the standard psychological models which so privileged the environmental model, that is, that nurture was a powerful agent.

The only place where nurture has a strong effect is with young children and that's because babies and toddlers are not equipped to exert their own influence over the environment. Obviously this changes as the child matures and when this happens the nurture-based behavior that has been learned begins to erode as "natural inclinations" come to the fore.

The culmination of this effect is seen in 40 year old women who look in the mirror and see their mother looking back at them and wonder how the hell that happened.

Obviously you wonder about your future, having two children, one from being raped..and men who may or may not be interested in knowing you further so you can eventually have a happy life with a partner. Don't sweat it. There are lots of guys out there that will love your kids as much as he will love you. Just take your time, concentrate on your kid you have now and the one you are carrying and things will fall into place. Less stress to freak out over, ya know? You got enough on your plate without worrying about things that can be put on hold.:)

That's a nice pep talk but it's not an accurate description of reality. Single mothers have a tough time getting men to commit to them. Men will date single mothers, sure, but men aren't really inclined to devoting time and resources towards raising the children of other men. So in order to find a man who is willing to devote his life to raising other men's children the woman has to modify her expectations.

However, in the case of single mother's with multiple children, I would guess that nurture is the more likely influence over behavior and that more often than not, conditions will not prevail to make an ideal nurturing environment in with single mothers.

Behavior is heritable. The literature in behavioral genetics has been upsetting a lot of the standard psychological models which so privileged the environmental model, that is, that nurture was a powerful agent.

The only place where nurture has a strong effect is with young children and that's because babies and toddlers are not equipped to exert their own influence over the environment. Obviously this changes as the child matures and when this happens the nurture-based behavior that has been learned begins to erode as "natural inclinations" come to the fore.

The culmination of this effect is seen in 40 year old women who look in the mirror and see their mother looking back at them and wonder how the hell that happened.

I'm not 40 haha. I've never had a "revelation" or "epiphany" like that. We all have choices, and those choices have a big influence on the type of person/parent we are. I used to go out to party on an (almost) regular basis but I haven't since a little bit before I found out I was pregnant with my son, which I found out I was pregnant with him January 31st, 2013 and he was born September 24th, 2013. I put my child above all else. Shit, I was even reluctant to introduce him to formula after 4 months of him getting just my milk (I have big issues with formula).
A child is a blessing and a big responsibility. There's a lot of people who aren't willing to step up to the plate and put their child over their own needs and wants. I can tell you now that my son and this new baby are my top priorities. However, some of my insecurities about myself have been surfacing and I find myself caring what others think of me. That's why I made this thread.

I'm not 40 haha. I've never had a "revelation" or "epiphany" like that. We all have choices, and those choices have a big influence on the type of person/parent we are. I used to go out to party on an (almost) regular basis but I haven't since a little bit before I found out I was pregnant with my son, which I found out I was pregnant with him January 31st, 2013 and he was born September 24th, 2013. I put my child above all else. Shit, I was even reluctant to introduce him to formula after 4 months of him getting just my milk (I have big issues with formula).
A child is a blessing and a big responsibility. There's a lot of people who aren't willing to step up to the plate and put their child over their own needs and wants. I can tell you now that my son and this new baby are my top priorities. However, some of my insecurities about myself have been surfacing and I find myself caring what others think of me. That's why I made this thread.

So what do you wanna know specifically ?

I hope you have friends and family nearby to provide you a support system. Don't waste your time worrying about those that might think negatively of you.

However, some of my insecurities about myself have been surfacing and I find myself caring what others think of me. That's why I made this thread.

You probably can't go wrong by searching out what other single mothers write about their lives and how people view them. That should give you some guidance. Your question focused on how men think. Well, take a look at what other single mothers have to say about their experience with men.

So what do you wanna know specifically ?

Pregnancy brain has me sidetracked. I feel better now, but I was just feeling a tad lonely. I've been talking with a long time friend through my google voice account and she's been giving me some encouragement.

Forum List

Back