President Obama on Trayvon Martin

The poor kid did look like Obama's son. Unfortunately, America is still racist.

Wow, awesome blanket statement there. Since you seem to know what all people in america are like, why you don't you tell me about my racism?

I dont know you so I cant comment on you, but its been my experience that America is still very very racist.

Im a dark skinned Italian-American and depending on the length of my hair and if Ive been working outside in the sun, Ive been called nearly every racial slur in the book...though never the correct one...oh and never anything asian related.

Last year I worked overnights on the weekends for extra cash at a gas station...wow, a lot people in this country REALLY dont like people they think are from the middle east. You can imagine the slurs that were thrown at me.

And I was born in Missouri lol:D

George Zimmerman is a textbook example of extreme authoritarian personality. He is commonly regarded by police as a "buff," which is the police equivalent of a volunteer fireman. What I've read and heard about his behavior strongly suggests he also is quite paranoid and there is no doubt in my mind that he needlessly precipitated the confrontation with Martin.

The thing that most interests me about this incident is the police disposition which suggests they had sufficient cause to believe that in spite of Zimmerman's preliminary conduct he ultimately acted within the guidelines of Stand Your Ground defensive action. Everything I've heard since the issue arose is opinion based on recorded telephone activity, all of which does seem rather condemning.

But Zimmerman's lawyer has stated Zimmerman sustained a broken nose and a cut on his head deep enough to require stitches from his confrontation with Martin. So either the lawyer is lying, which would be incredibly self-defeating and worthy of disbarment, or there is much more to this story than the public has been made aware of.

Although everything about Zimmerman's conduct indicates he is wholly responsible for for Martin's death, if he can convince a jury that Martin physically attacked him during a verbal confrontation it is likely he can justify using deadly force to repel the attack. In which case he can walk away with nothing more than a few misdemeanor charges for his precipitous actions.

There is zero doubt in my mind, that had the kid been white and the shooter black, these cops would have handled the situation much differently.

It was an excellent and appropriate statement and fit well with the rest of what he said.

What is wrong is that the man who killed a 17 year old kid is walking the street with the same gun in his pocket.

He should be arrested and the crime investigated and taken to trial.

Why are so many whites against that happening? Why is faux against that happening?

You have it the wrong way around.

First, comes the investigations. Then comes the arrest, and then, if there is sufficient evidence... it goes to trial. That is our due process. Everyone - no matter who you are or what your race is - is entitled to the same process. We do not find people guilty with trial by media in this country. Thank (insert relevant deity here) for that.

Point was, this happened on March 3. It is now March 24th, and this guy STILL hasnt' been arrested.

Even thought the police caught this guy red handing with the proverbial smoking gun in his pocket.

I think it's unfortunate it's being politicized, but it's equally unfortunate that people didn't do their jobs for it to BE politicized to start with.

Probalby because they've figured out if they politicize it, they will bring out some of the uglier elements and reap benefits.

You know, kind of like Limbaugh yelling "Slut".

Last edited:
George Zimmerman is a textbook example of extreme authoritarian personality. He is commonly regarded by police as a "buff," which is the police equivalent of a volunteer fireman. What I've read and heard about his behavior strongly suggests he also is quite paranoid and there is no doubt in my mind that he needlessly precipitated the confrontation with Martin.

The thing that most interests me about this incident is the police disposition which suggests they had sufficient cause to believe that in spite of Zimmerman's preliminary conduct he ultimately acted within the guidelines of Stand Your Ground defensive action. Everything I've heard since the issue arose is opinion based on recorded telephone activity, all of which does seem rather condemning.

But Zimmerman's lawyer has stated Zimmerman sustained a broken nose and a cut on his head deep enough to require stitches from his confrontation with Martin. So either the lawyer is lying, which would be incredibly self-defeating and worthy of disbarment, or there is much more to this story than the public has been made aware of.

Although everything about Zimmerman's conduct indicates he is wholly responsible for for Martin's death, if he can convince a jury that Martin physically attacked him during a verbal confrontation it is likely he can justify using deadly force to repel the attack. In which case he can walk away with nothing more than a few misdemeanor charges for his precipitous actions.

So we are going to believe that even though Zimmerman is 100 lbs heavier than Martin, who was, after all, still legally a child, this kid was beating his ass so bad that he just had to whip out a gun and shoot him.

Let's not forget, the 9-11 dispatcher told Zimmerman to NOT follow the kid. He then blurted out a racist epitath. I just don't see how Zimmerman weasels his way out of this one.

So we are going to believe that even though Zimmerman is 100 lbs heavier than Martin, who was, after all, still legally a child, this kid was beating his ass so bad that he just had to whip out a gun and shoot him.

Let's not forget, the 9-11 dispatcher told Zimmerman to NOT follow the kid. He then blurted out a racist epitath. I just don't see how Zimmerman weasels his way out of this one.

Maybe unusual, but it's possible he was getting beat up. I really have no opinion on this case justice wise, but politicizing it is not a good thing for the country.

Sorry bout that,

1. Doesn't matter what he said on a 911 call.
2. If he ran or stood still.
3. Only thing that matters is he was attacked, and no one can judge if his running after the kid was called for, not being there at the time.
4. He had his reasons to run after him, not being a wuss had a lot to factor in it.
5. Cops run after perps, they ain't no wuss'.
6. Seems like this story went viral awful fast, and political, seeing Obama opened his stupid mouth about it, claiming he was his son.
7. Or looked as if he may have been, which makes him look weird, and longing for a son, having girls only, creepy.
8. Douger made a interesting statement, Obama's comment suggested all blacks look alike, which is racist if spoken by a white man I've been told by the PC Police.
9. I understand that Obama is half white, is it safe to say his white half was speaking? :badgrin:
10. Obviously his black half wouldn't agree with his statements.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
"If I had a son he would look like him"

Really? And that is important to this case how exactly? Such blatant race based comments are really not needed to turn an outraged public into something worse. I guess we just never learn anything in the highest levels of govt in our country.

If Barack Obama has an affair with a white chick his son will not "look like (look as black as) Trayvan Martin".

Our President needs to refrain from inciting more racist outrage over an isolated incident. He should address the real problem that blacks murder whites at nearly 50 times the rate that whites murder blacks.

Last edited:
It reminds me of Tom Bradley getting on television after the Rodney King verdict inciting and justifying violence. obama can't keep his mouth shut. He lacks discretion. Would it be so awful for obama to be a hero to his people and incite a full scale "get all the whites" riot? In the long run, no. Such an uprising would heavily impact the election.

Zimmerman isn't white. We have to adjust reality to make him white. Get new glasses or something. I don't see obama weighing in on two black kids pouring gasoline on a 13 year old and setting him on fire? He didn't have anything to say about hundreds of maurauding black "kids" attacking white fairgoers in Wisconsin, or anyone unlucky enough to get in the way of the mob in Philadelphia.

This case is ideal for the left to eliminate all laws permitting self-defense.

It reminds me of Tom Bradley getting on television after the Rodney King verdict inciting and justifying violence. obama can't keep his mouth shut. He lacks discretion. Would it be so awful for obama to be a hero to his people and incite a full scale "get all the whites" riot? In the long run, no. Such an uprising would heavily impact the election.

Zimmerman isn't white. We have to adjust reality to make him white. Get new glasses or something. I don't see obama weighing in on two black kids pouring gasoline on a 13 year old and setting him on fire? He didn't have anything to say about hundreds of maurauding black "kids" attacking white fairgoers in Wisconsin, or anyone unlucky enough to get in the way of the mob in Philadelphia.

This case is ideal for the left to eliminate all laws permitting self-defense.

We have to cut black people more slack though and hold them to a different standard, because ultimately all the crimes they commit are as a result of generations of oppression at the hands of evil white people...it's just not yet time for them to step up and be part of a responsible and accountable community, but Obama will tell us when that time has arrived.:thup:

Our president showed compassion for the family of a boy killed for walking home

Good for him

Good for him

I would normally agree, however...The president has not come out in support of other victims families, Which points out another example of situational ethics.

Good for him

I would normally agree, however...The president has not come out in support of other victims families, Which points out another example of situational ethics.

Did those other examples make national news and was the president asked a question about them?

It was an excellent and appropriate statement and fit well with the rest of what he said.

What is wrong is that the man who killed a 17 year old kid is walking the street with the same gun in his pocket.

He should be arrested and the crime investigated and taken to trial.

Why are so many whites against that happening? Why is faux against that happening?

Travon's death was horrible. But, the president is only coming out because its in the news, it's election year posturing. Where was he when all of the other black teenage males were killed last year, or were those deaths okay because they were committed by other black males?

The death of an african american is only an issue when it wasn't caused by another african american.

Was he asked about them in a news conference?

Good for him

Was the President asked about those others in a news conference?

Forum List

Back