President Orders 5,000 Troops to US Border

That's good. The old rule of thumb was an assaulting force must out-number
defenders by 2 to 1. I imagine, weapons have altered that a bit. But if the
defenders out-number the invaders, the odds favor the defenders, especially
if the weaponry is identical, let alone superior
Ah figger we got em outgunned too, pard.

That's good. The old rule of thumb was an assaulting force must out-number
defenders by 2 to 1. I imagine, weapons have altered that a bit. But if the
defenders out-number the invaders, the odds favor the defenders, especially
if the weaponry is identical, let alone superior
Ah figger we got em outgunned too, pard.

Yeah Buddy.

All the troops are authorized to do is construction and help out with detainment, no ammo, nothing follows....It would be against US law to have the military locked and loaded on the border dealing with the civilians harshly.

All the troops are authorized to do is construction and help out with detainment, no ammo, nothing follows....It would be against US law to have the military locked and loaded on the border dealing with the civilians harshly.

Not if they attacked. They walked all this way, it's likely few will accept being detained outside of our border which is what Trump plans on doing.

Why is Trump wasting this kind of money?

There are right now 100's of Federali's & Mexican military on the southern border of Mexico already making certain that the "caravan" doesn't get into Mexico. Yes, Mexico does have a border that it protects and they don't want them in their country either. So "if" they get across into Mexico it will be another 1,982 miles before they reach our southern border, and throughout all of that, they .will be stopped FREQUENTLY by Mexican military and asked for papers, and if they don't have papers they will be sent back promptly.

Really, I don't think a Trump Tard has ever been gone further than their backyard, but anyone who has traveled to Mexico KNOWS THIS.

Mexico sends federal forces to its southern border as migrant caravan heads north

23darcy-trumptopia2jpg-ab0381bb54cd32db.jpg

And of course Honduras is going to pay for it--:auiqs.jpg:

If that is so, why are they in Mexico only 1000 miles away from our border?

Of course you have a verifiable credible link to that--or is that just what you're hearing from the usual sources. I have traveled a lot down to Mexico. There are basically 2 main highways that will get you through North to South Mexico. They are heavily guarded by Mexican military, who stop everyone at frequent checkpoints. It's not like coming into the States where there are side roads and highways everywhere to avoid detection.

This caravan doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of making it to our border undetected. Mexicans don't want them in their country either, because they become a burden to them.

So what are you saying, that it's some sort of media conspiracy? There is no caravan in Mexico and it's not coming our way? The media is lying to us about them having penetrated the Mexican southern border?

Can you explain to me how the last batch got here, you know, the one where kids were being separated from their parents?

I didn't say that. I am saying that Mexico is stopping the "caravan" at their southern border 1,952 miles from ours, which you're not being told by any of your sources.
Mexico sends federal forces to its southern border as migrant caravan heads north

This isn't a media ploy, it is a Republican political tactic to get all the Trump tards stirred up into an hysterical frenzy right before the midterm. You're watching state run media known as Fox News--who is right now under a Federal Law suit for manufacturing with White House oversight a conspiracy around the death of a DNC staffer Seth Rich. You're listening to right wing talk show hosts--you;re not reading anything, you've been told not to for 2 decades and you won't change the channel. People who do that are easily manipulated into what they believe and who they're going to vote for.

A great article on this that you should actually spending the next 30 minutes reading is this.

57c08d44b996eb94008b4be1-960-720.png

Donald Trump broke the conservative media

c10cbfe2fb283dc36f26531ec6f7d5f1.jpg

Lawsuit: Fox News concocted Seth Rich story with oversight from White House

Now you can continue to let these people insult your integrity & intelligence every single day or you can turn them off and start educating yourself for a change.

I guess that would make the NY Post liars:

https://nypost.com/2018/10/29/a-day-in-the-life-of-the-migrant-caravan-in-mexico/

And then there are the liars at the Mexican Daily news:

Mexico City sends 47-vehicle aid brigade to support first migrant caravan

I guess Reuters is in on the conspiracy as well:

Migrant caravan crosses river into Mexico | Pictures | Reuters

How about News Asia?

Mexico honors migrants at Day of the Dead as caravan treks north

New York post is not a credible source. They are another Trump news source who heavily supported Trump during the primary & general election.

Reuters is reporting that Mexico is sending 300 medical workers down to "their" southern border, of which they may be taking some of them to Mexico City for treatment. It doesn't say they plan on driving them another 1,194 miles to reach the U.S. border.

You're 3rd link from someone in ASIA is a little too much to swallow--:auiqs.jpg:

MATIAS ROMERO, Mexico — The caravan of Central American migrants that has prompted scathing tweets from President Trump is expected to end its journey at the Mexican capital rather than pushing north to the U.S. border, organizers said Wednesday. The sheer size of the group — more than 1,000 people, swollen by Hondurans leaving their country after a contentious presidential election — has made the logistics of travel too difficult, they said.
The migrant caravan denounced by Trump will end in Mexico City, but some people vow to go on alone

Of course Honduras is going to pay for it!

If that is so, why are they in Mexico only 1000 miles away from our border?

Of course you have a verifiable credible link to that--or is that just what you're hearing from the usual sources. I have traveled a lot down to Mexico. There are basically 2 main highways that will get you through North to South Mexico. They are heavily guarded by Mexican military, who stop everyone at frequent checkpoints. It's not like coming into the States where there are side roads and highways everywhere to avoid detection.

This caravan doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of making it to our border undetected. Mexicans don't want them in their country either, because they become a burden to them.

So what are you saying, that it's some sort of media conspiracy? There is no caravan in Mexico and it's not coming our way? The media is lying to us about them having penetrated the Mexican southern border?

Can you explain to me how the last batch got here, you know, the one where kids were being separated from their parents?

I didn't say that. I am saying that Mexico is stopping the "caravan" at their southern border 1,952 miles from ours, which you're not being told by any of your sources.

This isn't a media ploy, it is a Republican political tactic to get all the Trump tards stirred up into an hysterical frenzy right before the midterm. You're watching state run media known as Fox News--who is right now under a Federal Law suit for manufacturing with White House oversight a conspiracy around the death of a DNC staffer Seth Rich. You're listening to right wing talk show hosts--you;re not reading anything, you've been told not to for 2 decades and you won't change the channel. People who do that are easily manipulated into what they believe and who they're going to vote for.

A great article on this that you should actually spending the next 30 minutes reading is this.

Now you can continue to let these people insult your integrity & intelligence every single day or you can turn them off and start educating yourself for a change.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/29/a-day-in-the-life-of-the-migrant-caravan-in-mexico/

How about News Asia?

New York post is not a credible source. They are another Trump news source who heavily supported Trump during the primary & general election.

Reuters is reporting that Mexico is sending 300 medical workers down to "their" southern border, of which they may be taking some of them to Mexico City for treatment. It doesn't say they plan on driving them another 1,194 miles to reach the U.S. border.

You're 3rd link from someone in ASIA is a little too much to swallow--:auiqs.jpg:

MATIAS ROMERO, Mexico — The caravan of Central American migrants that has prompted scathing tweets from President Trump is expected to end its journey at the Mexican capital rather than pushing north to the U.S. border, organizers said Wednesday. The sheer size of the group — more than 1,000 people, swollen by Hondurans leaving their country after a contentious presidential election — has made the logistics of travel too difficult, they said.
The migrant caravan denounced by Trump will end in Mexico City, but some people vow to go on alone

Very well, I’m at the doctors office now, but when I get home I’ll provide even more sources as there are tons of them.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

How about News Asia?

Very well, I’m at the doctors office now, but when I get home I’ll provide even more sources as there are tons of them.

Feel Free to find them, I am certain you will, but I will only take news from sources that have to correct or retract when they're wrong. The 3 giants. The AP --(of which you did provide)--the New York Times and the Washington Post. All have to verified by 3 credible sources before they go into print.

Any other source could be some 400 lb. fat guy sitting on his bed making shit up.

How about News Asia?

Feel Free to find them, I am certain you will, but I will only take news from sources that have to correct or retract when they're wrong. The 3 giants. The AP --(of which you did provide)--the New York Times and the Washington Post. All have to verified by 3 credible sources before they go into print.

Any other source could be some 400 lb. fat guy sitting on his bed making shit up.

Name the three credible sources that verified Julie Swetnick's story.

How about News Asia?

It doesn’t matter what sources I post, if it’s not a left wing rag, you’ll just claim they’re bogus. All three you listed are just that. It’s like me saying I will only accept news from Fox or the Heritage Foundation.

The WH needs to issue EOs that that temporarily gives the troops the power to stop the invasion at the southern border and immediately deport the invaders. Otherwise all we have is the border patrol, and they would be overwhelmed. So I like the troops there, but we need to allow them to "detain" illegals.
No, we don't.

The military exists for a singular purpose - to kill people and break shit. End of story. They are not police and using the military as police NEVER works out well. It seems there are far to few that realize this anymore.

We are guarding the Korean border, we are in 150 countries with 7 of those with 4,000 or more. So if we put 5,000 on our southern border to stop an invasion its about fucking time.
The Korean border is a warzone. In those 150 countries (including Korea) can you name a SINGLE law or law enforcement capacity that the military fills?

The WH needs to issue EOs that that temporarily gives the troops the power to stop the invasion at the southern border and immediately deport the invaders. Otherwise all we have is the border patrol, and they would be overwhelmed. So I like the troops there, but we need to allow them to "detain" illegals.
No, we don't.

The military exists for a singular purpose - to kill people and break shit. End of story. They are not police and using the military as police NEVER works out well. It seems there are far to few that realize this anymore.

This is not a police action when people are storming our borders. This is a national defense issue.

The proper process for asylum is to apply at the closest available U.S. embassy. The caravan participants haven't done this because they do not qualify for asylum, so they have formed a mob to intimidate the U.S.

We should not let them in.
Not let them does not equate to the military enforcing that reality.

If you are fine with setting up a saw and mowing them down then sure - let the military do it as that is what they are for.

Of course, almost no one wants US troops mowing down illegal aliens. That is something I would expect from North Korea, not here.

You want better border enforcement then you have TO HIRE MORE BORDER AGENTS. Period. The military are not the answer - you don't hire a hitman to detain someone.

Worthless!!!! Support troops only. No combat units.
drawing on any troops is stupid. They have duties and missions. Guarding a border is not one of them. we live in America, not shitty Israel or some other bullshit nation

They’ve spent the last 50 years guarding the border in South Korea. It’s absolutely absurd to argue that the military, whose job is to protect us, shouldn’t be guarding the nations border.

Are you seriously that obtuse concerning military history?
It is not absurd at all. You understand that'guarding' the Korean border mostly entails killing anyone that crosses, right?

We don't actually guard that border either - South Korea guards the border. We maintain a presence there mostly because it would force North Korea to hit our base in an attack and that is a MASSIVE deterrent.

No, we don't.

This is not a police action when people are storming our borders. This is a national defense issue.

The proper process for asylum is to apply at the closest available U.S. embassy. The caravan participants haven't done this because they do not qualify for asylum, so they have formed a mob to intimidate the U.S.

If you are fine with setting up a saw and mowing them down then sure - let the military do it as that is what they are for.

Of course, almost no one wants US troops mowing down illegal aliens. That is something I would expect from North Korea, not here.

You want better border enforcement then you have TO HIRE MORE BORDER AGENTS. Period. The military are not the answer - you don't hire a hitman to detain someone.

Who said that having troops on the border means we are going to mow down illegals with machine guns?

No, we don't.

Actually, you are wrong. The military exist to defend the Constitution and by default, the nation.

There is no function more basic to the defense of a nation than to defend its borders.

It was the job of the military to defend the borders for the first 150 years or so of the nation's existence and they should be doing it now.

Border defense is not a police function.
Yes, it is.

We defend the nation and its borders by killing. Period.

The borders of 150 years ago were not the same borders that exist today - particularly considering that there was no such thing as an illegal alien at that time. You are advocating that the same border defense be used when anyone at anytime could simply walk into the country and be here - open borders. The only defense that you needed at that time was defense against a foreign military. The laws have changed and now there are citizenship requirements. What you are talking about is using the military to repel FOREIGN CITIZENS not an invading force. MILITARY SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NEVER BE USED AGAINST CIVILIAN TARGETS.

It’s a shrewd move by the President. This move gets Democrats and the media talking about illegal immigration the week before the midterms. That’s only going to help the GOP. Especially after Democrats start saying things that make it look like they care more about illegals than citizens like they always do.

Going to be an interesting week
What is sad is that you are likely correct - this has nothing to do with effecting change or repelling anything - it has to do with political showmanship.

No, we don't.

Who said that having troops on the border means we are going to mow down illegals with machine guns?
That is not what I am getting at. I said that the military functions by killing people. That is what they are good at, what they are trained to accomplish and how they operate. If you want to treat them as though they are an invading army and put the military there then this is the best force to place there in deadly capacity. If you want to actually enforce border laws then hire people that actually function to enforce the borders. Military will do a shit job and end up with far worse results.

It’s a shrewd move by the President. This move gets Democrats and the media talking about illegal immigration the week before the midterms. That’s only going to help the GOP. Especially after Democrats start saying things that make it look like they care more about illegals than citizens like they always do.

Going to be an interesting week
What is sad is that you are likely correct - this has nothing to do with effecting change or repelling anything - it has to do with political showmanship.

If Trump tells these people they can wait in tents outside of our border for three or four years until their hearing, how many do you suppose will do that? How many more would come here for the same experience?

Of course it's about providing a deterrent; it always was with Trump. You're never going to get rid of that stray cat in your yard if you keep putting out a bowl of milk every evening.

No, we don't.

Actually, you are wrong. The military exist to defend the Constitution and by default, the nation.

There is no function more basic to the defense of a nation than to defend its borders.

It was the job of the military to defend the borders for the first 150 years or so of the nation's existence and they should be doing it now.

Border defense is not a police function.
Yes, it is.

We defend the nation and its borders by killing. Period.

The borders of 150 years ago were not the same borders that exist today - particularly considering that there was no such thing as an illegal alien at that time. You are advocating that the same border defense be used when anyone at anytime could simply walk into the country and be here - open borders. The only defense that you needed at that time was defense against a foreign military. The laws have changed and now there are citizenship requirements. What you are talking about is using the military to repel FOREIGN CITIZENS not an invading force. MILITARY SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NEVER BE USED AGAINST CIVILIAN TARGETS.

No, the military should never be used against American civilians. People who say they are going to come here no matter what we say are invaders. A couple are fine because our border agents can handle them. But when you are talking seven to ten thousand, we need much more than border agents.

Forum List

Back