President Trump announces new tariffs: 25% for steel, 10% for aluminum

8 years of Clinton. 8 years of Obama. Yet no change in the trends.

The policies that are harming US are bi-partisan policies. Both republicans and democrats.

Explain to me why a higher rate of consuming has to mean consuming IMPORTS, and not domestically produced crap.

Gee. You left out the intervening 8 years, didn't you? As I remember, it wasn't exactly an economic boom was it? 2 wars on the Credit card and an economy left in a complete shambles. You must have just forgot about that. Yeah, that must be it. LOL Friggin' dishonest Trump sheep.
GW destroyed the US and Obama did nothing.
Not it's Trump's turn to reverse GW.

You just go on believing that, if it makes you feel good.
It does.
I'm still waiting for you to post something that wasn't copied from a soap opera.
We're still waiting for you to reclaim your manhood when you surrendered it to Trump.
Huh?
You vote "D", I vote platform.
Basically, I vote for Sanders' Platform.

No, I don't believe. Trump sees himself as a seducer, not a predator.
Weird because his own words indicate otherwise.

Besides, who’s that fat slob ever going to seduce without just offering them access to his money?

There have always been women willing to give sex to men with money and power regardless of how ugly or fat the men may be. The women wouldn't do it if they weren't seeking some benefit for themselves.
Yeah like with Trump and Harvey Weinstein :rolleyes:

Trump is not analogous to Weinstein, unless you have any credible evidence that he jerked off into house plants in front of horrified subordinates, or drugged and raped aspiring Apprentices.

So, is this the new measuring stick for presidential hopefuls? They didn't jerk off into houseplants? Hell, that would be about the only trait in the win column for Donnie.
What does that have to do with bringing careers and jobs back to the US?

Sorry but all my children believe that Democrats are the guiding light we need to show us another world beyond what Trump has shown us because all our children are young and restless for change.
Your children are not well educated in the inner goings on of politics.
Most people aren't.
Now explain Trump in context of Clinton, GW, Obama.
I bet you can't because I bet, like most people, including many people I know, that you are ignorant of how political parties operate.
You should have listened to Bernie Sanders on the Thom Hartmann Radio Show for a few years.
Both parties are in on the deal.

I don't work for you. Do your own explaining. I may be ignorant of how parties work (says you) But at least I can recognize humor when I see it. You need to relax and watch a soap opera. They're unintentionally hilarious. Just like you.
Excuse me?
If you become any more weepee wailee with your posts I'll have to start wiping my monitor.
And now to annoy you...
President Donald J. Trump

You're excused.
I understand you've been through some traumatic experiences so I can see you going for the Democratic Party.
Your children should aspire to be independent from both extremes.

Hell, if that is the catalyst for being a Democrat, you righties are in for quite a shellacking in Nov because of the Trauma Trump will have piled up by then. You still don't get it, do you?

Gee. You left out the intervening 8 years, didn't you? As I remember, it wasn't exactly an economic boom was it? 2 wars on the Credit card and an economy left in a complete shambles. You must have just forgot about that. Yeah, that must be it. LOL Friggin' dishonest Trump sheep.

It does.
I'm still waiting for you to post something that wasn't copied from a soap opera.
We're still waiting for you to reclaim your manhood when you surrendered it to Trump.
Huh?
So you voted in the democratic primaries for Sanders?
Ha!
Are you bipolar?

It does.
Huh?

Which one? Sarah?

1. I'm not sure what penny ante crap you are referring to, but if we are, the results show we are doing it very badly, and it does not change the fact that our trade policy needs drastic change.

2. German consumers aren't free to buy shit? Japanese consumers aren't free to buy shit? Chinese consumers aren't free to buy shit?

German and Japanese people are free to consume but there is no consumer culture as there is in the US. Both countries have higher savings rates than the US. The Japanese government has tried to encourage more consumption but has largely failed. China is essentially a third world country. Per capita income is closer to that of a third world country.
In the 35 years since Reagan screwed up our tax rates to Pander to the riches, our rate of saving that

The policies that are harming US are bi-partisan policies. Both republicans and democrats.

Explain to me why a higher rate of consuming has to mean consuming IMPORTS, and not domestically produced crap.

I think you mean to reverse Obama. So far he's following the W plan. We got the big tax cuts and now we need a couple of wars. I sincerely hope he doesn't achieve that goal.

Sorry but all my children believe that Democrats are the guiding light we need to show us another world beyond what Trump has shown us because all our children are young and restless for change.
Most people aren't.
I bet you can't because I bet, like most people, including many people I know, that you are ignorant of how political parties operate.
You should have listened to Bernie Sanders on the Thom Hartmann Radio Show for a few years.

I don't work for you. Do your own explaining. I may be ignorant of how parties work (says you) But at least I can recognize humor when I see it. You need to relax and watch a soap opera. They're unintentionally hilarious. Just like you.
Excuse me?
If you become any more weepee wailee with your posts I'll have to start wiping my monitor.
And now to annoy you...

You're excused.
I understand you've been through some traumatic experiences so I can see you going for the Democratic Party.

All My Children?

It does.
Huh?

So did I.

what do you hear from Paul Ryan & DC politicians? happy-talk rhetoric. it's like that old "prosperity is right around the corner mantra" President Hoover repeated when America was in the throes of the Great Depression. it's a lotta hot air. we've got millions of folks outta work. WE NEED ACTION!

every 8 years, the Chinese economy doubles its size. that's a tremendous achievement, and it's also why they clean our clocks year in year out on trade. no more, folks, no more! NO MORE!

1. I'm not sure what penny ante crap you are referring to, but if we are, the results show we are doing it very badly, and it does not change the fact that our trade policy needs drastic change.

2. German consumers aren't free to buy shit? Japanese consumers aren't free to buy shit? Chinese consumers aren't free to buy shit?

German and Japanese people are free to consume but there is no consumer culture as there is in the US. Both countries have higher savings rates than the US. The Japanese government has tried to encourage more consumption but has largely failed. China is essentially a third world country. Per capita income is closer to that of a third world country.
In the 35 years since Reagan screwed up our tax rates to Pander to the riches, our rate of saving that

Obama just gave us the best economy in the world within a year that's all doop

It does.
Huh?
So you voted in the democratic primaries for Sanders?
Ha!
Are you bipolar?
Are you retarded...I've only stated this a few dozen times, moron...
Sanders and Trump had the same platform.
Voting for Trump was the same as voting for Sanders.

Obama just gave us the best economy in the world within a year that's all doop
You mean there are other nations more in debt than the US?

It does.
Huh?

So did I.
Than your hatred of Trump is based on the R; pure bullshit partisan hatred.

Most people aren't.

Excuse me?
And now to annoy you...

You're excused.

All My Children?
I hope your kids can see past the Parties.

It does.

How sad for your children. When they learn the truth it will be like learning there is no Santa Claus.

Massive tariffs and subsidies! The GOP’s new theory for capitalism’s success!

LOL, it's hilarious how you people flip your position on every issue based on the party in power. You think it's Democrats who support free trade? Are you hallucinating?

You must be one of them there russians everyone is talking about because I don't think many American's with an IQ over 50 wants to pay higher prices on just about everything they purchase in the next few months not to mention the slow down in building that will result. Slow downs and higher prices eventually = loss of jobs. But who cares, right trumpie?

I take it you missed the last 30 years that did not go as the Free Traders promised?

Flagrant confirmation bias. This is also a single cause fallacy.

A twofer, nice!

The Free Market people lost in the primaries.

Did you miss all of that? Plenty of debate about it.

And for good reason.

Yep. The statist won, sorry I forgot. My bad

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Bending over to be fucked by our trade "partners" is no freedom.

Interesting way you describe them practically giving us their resources. You must hate Christmas.

Jobs are better to have than resources.

You think we will sell a lot of cars when we are paying artificially higher steel prices? Last steel tariffs we lost jobs.

I agree, but all my life you didn't. It's Democrats who overwhelmingly oppose trade deals. It's incredible how you just flip sides based on party

Should we allow other countries like communist China to dump steel in the U.S. killing jobs for American workers? That's what liberals in this thread are saying. If China dumping steel into the U.S. was hurting illegals the liberals would be in an uproar.

Do you know what "dumping" means? It has an actual economic meaning. It doesn't mean cheaper than US companies can produce steel

A single post ago, you claimed it was already dead. NOw it's "dying". And didn't we have this exact conversation before? 40 per cent of world electricity production, "dying" could take generations. That's tens of thousands of high paying jobs that you might be will to just flush and damn the people that could have had those jobs, but I'm not.

Coal jobs are high-paying jobs? According to whom? Aren't coal miners in Appalachia among the poorest in the country? In fact, in coal-mining Kentucky, most white workers are on some kind of welfare. The county with the highest number of people on SNAP is in coal country. And yes, you can say coal is dead if it is dying. Which it is. It's also not coming back.

1. The median US household income is 56 k a year, the average STARTING salary for a coal miner is 60k a year. By any objective measurement, a single income that starts at above average household income, is a good job.

2. No. Appalachia is poor, which makes the purchasing power and relative value of the coal miner job all the higher.

3. Dead and Dying are two different words for a reason. THey mean different things. 40 per cent of the world's electricity production is not dying either. It might be declining, but as I said, that could mean generations of tens of thousands of good jobs. YOu might not care about those people, but I do.

4. And losing a hostile government, could be upswings that could last decades.

You made some claims. That you cut. I refuted them. Nothing in your new posts, challenges my refutations of your previous claims. Link to support your claim that we can't compete with solar cell production because of patents held overseas.

Sigh...

From Apple Insider:
Growth in the U.S. solar installation industry has benefited by rapidly falling prices in solar panels from China. American solar manufacturers have fallen behind in technology and production capacity because the U.S. hasn't invested in domestic solar research, development and production--just as it hasn't invested in manufacturing or training specialized tool and die workers and other critical components of the manufacturing supply chain--in the way China enthusiastically has. Much of the new research in solar technology has also been funded in Germany, which Wilkie said holds the majority of patents.

As a result, American firms can't compete in building inferior solar panels domestically, and can't even import foreign components to assemble panels in the U.S. due to the Drumpf tariffs covering anything related to solar.[/QUOTE]

So, China doesn't hold the patents and they are winning market share. Interesting.

AND, I note that this is not really supporting data. Something like a graph showing a drop in investments in R&D, or a drop in the numbers of patents being filed.

This is more just opinion and hearsay.

Free Traders, have been claiming that Free Trade deals will do that, since the 70s.
The result has been the exact opposite.
And let's not forget that you are the fool or liar that a single post ago claimed that Coal was "Dead". Your statements have no credibility on their own..

Without trade deals, there are no intellectual property protections or enforcement. So what happens is places like China pirate that stuff and end up producing their own knock-off goods that they then flood the market. That's why pulling out of TPP was the stupidest idea in the world; you've ceded intellectual property to China's pirates.[/QUOTE]

We have had trade deals with intellectual property protections. THey are just not enforced. This one would have been no different.

It is absurd to claim that outsourcing manufacturing does not reduce jobs here.

Not what I said! You're doing that shitty Conservative thing again where you deliberately misstate and mis-understand what I said in order to make a bullshit argument. Jobs aren't being lost to outsourcing, they're being lost to robots. That's the reality of today. Whether or not you want to believe it doesn't matter because it's happening regardless of your feelings. So unless you have a plan for automation, any jobs policy you think you have is just reactionary bullshit and not a long-term strategy.[/QUOTE]

Automation is one factor among many. It is not an excuse to ignore the other factors.

Outsourcing and trade deficits are causes of job losses that we can reverse.

Saying "reactionary" is not an argument.

Automation is a factor. ONe of several. Focusing on that ONE factor while ignoring others is the height of folly.

Automation is the factor here. It's not one on the same level as the others; it is the predominant one and the one that is causing the most downsizing. To pretend that a Chinese worker is taking an American's job is to believe in nationalistic nonsense. China isn't taking our jobs; robots are. That's a fact of life for most manufacturing workers here in the US. Automation has killed more jobs than outsourcing ever will or ever has.[/QUOTE]

You state that very strongly. You do nothing to support it.

Nations are real. Japan, South Korea, and now China have grown into First World nations while our industrial heartland has been ravaged.

That is not "nationalistic nonsense" but the plain Truth.

You are the one defending the status quo. That is the set of policies that we can see has not worked.

I'm not defending the status quo, so this is just another straw man on your part. I'm being realistic; the reality is that businesses aren't cutting American jobs due to outsourcing; they're cutting American jobs because of automation. And you can see that in person if you go to any grocery store that has self-checkout.[/QUOTE]

You are defending the status quo. We are losing jobs both due to outsourcing, trade deficits, and automation.

Using the automation factor to ignore the others is very harmful to America and Americans.

Forum List

Back