President Trump announces new tariffs: 25% for steel, 10% for aluminum

Trump stands for working class
That's why he has his products made in China and Mexico, etc.
That’s why he won Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, West Virginia and yes Iowa.

If he keeps screwing with the tariffs and more manufacturers send jobs overseas, he's gonna lose all those states in 2020.

That is................if he runs again. I kinda doubt that he will, because he doesn't really appear to want to do the job, just wrap himself up in the trappings of office.

Trump stands for working class
That's why he has his products made in China and Mexico, etc.
That’s why he won Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, West Virginia and yes Iowa.

If he keeps screwing with the tariffs and more manufacturers send jobs overseas, he's gonna lose all those states in 2020.

That is................if he runs again. I kinda doubt that he will, because he doesn't really appear to want to do the job, just wrap himself up in the trappings of office.
Why? Jobs will come back because US manufacturing that left...will find it cheaper to build products here if they want to access U.S. market.

Great. We've been needing a good trade war. MAGA!!!!
View attachment 179718
/——/ You incompetent boobs had it your way for decades and only screwed thing royally. Now get out of the way and let President Trump fix things.

You mean like he fixed the Harley manufacturing plants, or the few coal jobs? Harley is leaving the US, and because of gutting the EPA and tax breaks for corporations, coal companies are better off, but coal workers haven't seen the return of all those jobs.

Trump stands for the American worker.
And against the American soy and sorghum farmer.

Any economist worth his salt knows that tariffs are inflationary and that it hurts the working man/woman the hardest because, as in the case of china, cheap goods that the working folks count on will rise in price across the board. Just as the Tax giveaway to himself will be borne by the poor and working class through cuts to the programs they depend on to keep their heads above water. It's already well underway with cuts to food stamps, propose soc sec cuts, medicare/medicaid and expansion etc. Those who thought the tax bill would be helpful are in for a rude awakening.
These are the same idiots that supported NAFTA as well as exporting job to China as well. These economists do not understand that what is good for Wall Street...isn’t always good for Main Street.

Trump stands for Trump. For you to believe he actually cares about the middle class tells me why you were dumb enough to vote for that tool.
He stands for communities hurt by globalization.
Is Wal-Mart Good for America?

Are you really that clueless? Walmart? Working folks shop there because Walmart scans the planet for cheap goods. Places like China. His moronic trade wars will cut deep into those things working people care about. All to feed his sick ego. I'll bet you even think the Tax (reform) was aimed at the middle class, right? LOL

Any economist worth his salt knows that tariffs are inflationary and that it hurts the working man/woman the hardest because, as in the case of china, cheap goods that the working folks count on will rise in price across the board. Just as the Tax giveaway to himself will be borne by the poor and working class through cuts to the programs they depend on to keep their heads above water. It's already well underway with cuts to food stamps, propose soc sec cuts, medicare/medicaid and expansion etc. Those who thought the tax bill would be helpful are in for a rude awakening.
These are the same idiots that supported NAFTA as well as exporting job to China as well. These economists do not understand that what is good for Wall Street...isn’t always good for Main Street.

I love how every right wing idiot, who hasn’t the vaguest clue of how the economy works are now all rah rah rah for tariffs. Sadly, your idiot Oresident isn’t any better informed than you are.

Globalism and free trade made America the richest country in the world. If your trading partners are screwing you over, they’re doing a really poor job of it.

The World Trade Organization, which Trump decries as “unfair” was established and set up by the USA in accordance with American trade policies. I doubt Trump knows that either since he doesn’t read anything and has no idea of history at all.

Tariffs are taxes that are passed on to consumers. The tariffs you’re cheering are going to raise prices on American made cars, motorcycles, canned goods, household appliances and tools - anything containing steel or aluminum.

They’ll raise prices paid by American consumers on clothing, electronics, and household goods manufactured in China.

Trump could have run a “Buy American” campaign, with ads touting the benefits of buying products made at home, keeping their dollars at home and providing employment to their neighbours.

Last but not least, by slapping tariffs on certain products, and not others, Trump is picking winners and losers in the economy. Trump is trying to kick start jobs in the steel industry by slapping tariffs on steel and aluminum,

It is estimated that 30,000 jobs will be created in the steel industry. This would be wonderful news if those 30,000 steel production jobs didn’t come at the expense of 150,000 jobs lost in manufacturing due to the higher steel and aluminum costs. Harley Davidson is the first big exporter to be forced offshore by Trump’s tariffs but they won’t be the last.

Trump’s economic plan seems to be trying to move the USA backwards, not ahead. He’s trying to force consumers to buy electricity from coal fired electrical plants. It’s more expensive than power derived from natural gas fired plants, and increases pollution.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to retrain coal miners to do some of the 6 million jobs that remain unfilled because US workers lack the skills to do them?

I love how every right wing idiot, who hasn’t the vaguest clue of how the economy works are now all rah rah rah for tariffs. Sadly, your idiot Oresident isn’t any better informed than you are.

Globalism and free trade made America the richest country in the world. If your trading partners are screwing you over, they’re doing a really poor job of it.

The World Trade Organization, which Trump decries as “unfair” was established and set up by the USA in accordance with American trade policies. I doubt Trump knows that either since he doesn’t read anything and has no idea of history at all.

Tariffs are taxes that are passed on to consumers. The tariffs you’re cheering are going to raise prices on American made cars, motorcycles, canned goods, household appliances and tools - anything containing steel or aluminum.

They’ll raise prices paid by American consumers on clothing, electronics, and household goods manufactured in China.

Trump could have run a “Buy American” campaign, with ads touting the benefits of buying products made at home, keeping their dollars at home and providing employment to their neighbours.

Last but not least, by slapping tariffs on certain products, and not others, Trump is picking winners and losers in the economy. Trump is trying to kick start jobs in the steel industry by slapping tariffs on steel and aluminum,

It is estimated that 30,000 jobs will be created in the steel industry. This would be wonderful news if those 30,000 steel production jobs didn’t come at the expense of 150,000 jobs lost in manufacturing due to the higher steel and aluminum costs. Harley Davidson is the first big exporter to be forced offshore by Trump’s tariffs but they won’t be the last.

Trump’s economic plan seems to be trying to move the USA backwards, not ahead. He’s trying to force consumers to buy electricity from coal fired electrical plants. It’s more expensive than power derived from natural gas fired plants, and increases pollution.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to retrain coal miners to do some of the 6 million jobs that remain unfilled because US workers lack the skills to do them?

Yeah, I had this discussion with another Trumper who said it won't have that much of an effect on prices. I said, look around your house and see all the products you buy that contain steel or aluminum. Then tell me how little the effect on the middle class will be. And I'm sure Trump is just getting started on his know nothing tour of our economy and by extension, our lives. Next will be fabrics, foods not grown here, Plastic, electronics etc etc. That bone we were thrown under so-called tax reform will be gone in no time and at least that same amount will be lost in future moronic tariffs. And, because the vast bulk of money from that stupid tax giveaway to himself will have to be made up, it will be done on the backs of the working poor, elderly, disabled etc. It's already well under way. All the young folks on here who worship the orange god, will find out how much he cares about them when they're ready to retire or when they are disabled or when they have kids and see healthcare costs zoom out of sight. It will be at that point that they'll become smart enough to become Democrats.

Yeah, I had this discussion with another Trumper who said it won't have that much of an effect on prices. I said, look around your house and see all the products you buy that contain steel or aluminum. Then tell me how little the effect on the middle class will be. And I'm sure Trump is just getting started on his know nothing tour of our economy and by extension, our lives. Next will be fabrics, foods not grown here, Plastic, electronics etc etc. That bone we were thrown under so-called tax reform will be gone in no time and at least that same amount will be lost in future moronic tariffs. And, because the vast bulk of money from that stupid tax giveaway to himself will have to be made up, it will be done on the backs of the working poor, elderly, disabled etc. It's already well under way. All the young folks on here who worship the orange god, will find out how much he cares about them when they're ready to retire or when they are disabled or when they have kids and see healthcare costs zoom out of sight. It will be at that point that they'll become smart enough to become Democrats.
Think of the taxes factory workers and steel workers pay? I can tell you about crumbling schools in Rust Belt. Trump is on right track.

Think of the taxes factory workers and steel workers pay? I can tell you about crumbling schools in Rust Belt. Trump is on right track.
And the industries this hurts -- which is pretty much all the rest -- will generate less tax revenue.

I don't think you're getting this.

Trump stands for Trump. For you to believe he actually cares about the middle class tells me why you were dumb enough to vote for that tool.
He stands for communities hurt by globalization.
Is Wal-Mart Good for America?

Are you really that clueless? Walmart? Working folks shop there because Walmart scans the planet for cheap goods. Places like China. His moronic trade wars will cut deep into those things working people care about. All to feed his sick ego. I'll bet you even think the Tax (reform) was aimed at the middle class, right? LOL
Wal-Mart pushed a race to the bottom and US jobs to China. Wal-Mart is un-American. Fuck China...they are putting the profits they make in our market into their military. Sure...let them build a military so they can kill American service men and women when the war comes.

In retaliation for Trump’s tariffs and his trashing of NAFTA, Mexico is negotiating an agreement to buy their wheat, corn, rice and soy beans from Argentina. They’re also negotiating with the EU and they’re a party to TPP.

Canada has already signed a big trade deal with the EU, as well as the TPP and I’m seeing more produce from South America and even South Africa in my grocery store.

Trump called Justin Trudeau “weak” and the following Monday the House of Commons unanimously commended Trudeau for standing up to Trump and gave him their unconditional support in fighting for Canada’s interests.

Canadians don’t take well to being bullied.

And the industries this hurts -- which is pretty much all the rest -- will generate less tax revenue.

Our biggest industry at one time was manufacturing. We don’t have that anymore. So you hate America I see.

Our biggest industry at one time was manufacturing. We don’t have that anymore. So you hate America I see.
So you lick your own butthole,I see.

Come on man, ya sound stupid.

When U.S. steel is produced here and is competitive with Asian steel...who the fuck are other industries going to buy from? They going pay to ship it from China...or send it by train from Cleveland?

Forum List

Back